• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 8: new pics

neo2046

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040820/dq.htm

dq01.jpg
dq02.jpg
dq03.jpg
dq04.jpg
dq05.jpg
dq06.jpg
dq07.jpg
dq08.jpg
dq09.jpg
dq10.jpg
dq11.jpg
dq12.jpg

dq02.jpg

For the most part I dont mind the artwork of Akira Toriyama, but in this case I do. I mean that guy needs only to be put in a brown gi and bulked up. Generic templates can be annoying.

Makura said:
I really dislike DragonBall-style character designs. Who is the guy that draws like this?

ManDudeChild said:
For the most part I dont mind the artwork of Akira Toriyama, but in this case I do. I mean that guy needs only to be put in a brown gi and bulked up. Generic templates can be annoying.

Who created the annoying series.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
ManDudeChild said:
dq02.jpg

Yes, but truth be told, this is the first time his artwork has looked really good in a game. And it looks really good.

Hey man-dude, chill. Look at his posting time. He could have easily been typing his reply while you were yours.
Keep it cool, man.

RevenantKioku said:
Yes, but truth be told, this is the first time his artwork has looked really good in a game. And it looks really good.

Not saying the man can't draw, or that the game doesn't look fantastic, I just think he's really pushing the generic stock character designs too far this time.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
jarrod said:
You need to play Tobal 2.

Not after Tobal 1 I don't.
But I'll look up some screenshots if that makes you happy.

Edit: Ugh, fan-art. Don't bother googling Tobal 2. I'll just take your word or something.

Top Bottom