• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

Brick

Any word on whether people who pre-ordered before the digital slime edition went up will be able to get the weapons for a $5 upgrade?

Someone earlier in the thread was saying that Sony is actively deleting comments about that on the Playstation Blog. So, if true, I guess there's the answer.

Edit: Here it is:
PS Blog removed all the comments complaining about pre orders getting screwed from the store update post. LOL.

george_us

I knew I was going to be the only person that liked Healix's english dub, lol
Healix owns. He's the only cute helpless character in a game that I've actually wanted to save.

I love the fact that he doesn't have an obnoxiously energetic voice like most of these types of characters.

Fantomex

HI guys, quick question. Does this game let you display the loot you obtain? One thing that really bugs me is playing a game and getting rare items, only to find out later that it makes no difference cosmetically :(

Skulldead

HI guys, quick question. Does this game let you display the loot you obtain? One thing that really bugs me is playing a game and getting rare items, only to find out later that it makes no difference cosmetically :(

After each mission you get a summary of all the spoil you got during the stage.

Jobbs

Banned
How many of you guys left the default names (Aurora/Luceus) and how many replaced with whatever?

It must say something weird about me that whether/what to change this to is giving me some paralyses. :) haha

Ray Down

Banned
Aurora >> Luceus

Having fun so far, just got the airship and Alena and Kiryl. Love the little stuff from 4 like them looking for a thief and Kiryl crush.

sensui-tomo

I'm surprised there are dub haters for this game, it fits almost too perfectly (also love this studio's cast which did DQ8 and xenoblade) just got alena and kiryl. Trying to figure out who my end game cast will be. Looking forward to the 4 player co-op in the sequel if combat doesn't change.

Wallach

Your weapons will change cosmetically, but armor is not upgraded so that doesn't change. There seems to be a "costume" slot that would change your armor appearance but I haven't found any items for that slot yet.

zakujanai

wait. aurora is voiced by the girl who did fiora? if so OMG. i changed her name to be fiora and didn't even know lol. but i let the guy be Tomas.

I've not looked it up but I'm usually pretty good with recognising voices. I did literally only watch the very first scene though, not playing until the weekend.

Jobbs

Banned
Good god is this game delightful (as a DQ fan). Amazing VO, graphics, controls, everything is perfect.

One beginner question... Do your NPC controlled allies actually do damage on the battlefield? I was trying to watch them and I'm not sure.

Good god is this game delightful (as a DQ fan). Amazing VO, graphics, controls, everything is perfect.

One beginner question... Do your NPC controlled allies actually do damage on the battlefield? I was trying to watch them and I'm not sure.

in your party? yeah, they just don't seem as active

they should. or they just too busy taking damage. either way. them and the monsters does wonders when youre just looking around for chest(s) lol.

ChanMan

How many of you guys left the default names (Aurora/Luceus) and how many replaced with whatever?

It must say something weird about me that whether/what to change this to is giving me some paralyses. :) haha

I left the default names, I actually like the name Aurora btw.

forms

Haven't played a game like this since Ninety-Nine Nights (which I liked). I have always been interested in these game, but never gotten around to playing them properly. How good is this, exactly, and should I jump into this or look for a future with Hyrule Warriors instead? :d

Jobbs

Banned
Haven't played a game like this since Ninety-Nine Nights (which I liked). I have always been interested in these game, but never gotten around to playing them properly. How good is this, exactly, and should I jump into this or look for a future with Hyrule Warriors instead? :d

This is light years more polished, better looking, and smoother than Hyrule Warriors. I consider this already to be a better game.

steveovig

I decided to pick this up yesterday and I've been having fun with it. I'm at around Level 11 and I just beat
Gigantes
. I just don't like re-entering old areas, as it is too easy. I love that this has Battle Records, like the mainline games and I'm interested in trying out Quests, when they become available. The Slime Weapons also seem useless since most of the in-game stuff is already stronger. Is there a point to these?

Also, this really makes me want DQ11 even though NA probably won't get it until at least 2017, if at all.

antitrop

Oh man, why did they wait so long to introduce the Zoom spell? The lack of battlefield traversal options was killing me, when you can get on your horse right from the beginning of Dynasty Warriors.

I knew I was going to be the only person that liked Healix's english dub, lol
cheshire-laughing-o.gif
You are not alone.

Let me get you a vid hang on. I have one recorded from the JP version. Will edit this post with links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lfUXvy8jMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tma5rUxJiQ

Though do think thats the only 2 skills that link like that.

Nice.

I hated her at first, but man, casting tornado and then cleaning the rest up with a power blow makes her one of my favorite.

The only person I don't like so far is Terry. I think he's suppose to be a glass cannon version of the main characters, a lot of his stuff is pretty average all around the board.

I decided to pick this up yesterday and I've been having fun with it. I'm at around Level 11 and I just beat
Gigantes
. I just don't like re-entering old areas, as it is too easy. I love that this has Battle Records, like the mainline games and I'm interested in trying out Quests, when they become available. The Slime Weapons also seem useless since most of the in-game stuff is already stronger. Is there a point to these?

Also, this really makes me want DQ11 even though NA probably won't get it until at least 2017, if at all.

The old areas get a little harder. Some more than others.

B-Dex

Any word on whether people who pre-ordered before the digital slime edition went up will be able to get the weapons for a $5 upgrade?

The SE rep on the other blog post said to submit a support ticket on SE's website.

Here's hoping they do something.

ChanMan

Nice.

I hated her at first, but man, casting tornado and then cleaning the rest up with a power blow makes her one of my favorite.

The only person I don't like so far is Terry. I think he's suppose to be a glass cannon version of the main characters, a lot of his stuff is pretty average all around the board.

I was reading the Terry gets better once you unlock all of his skills, also which MC did you pick from the beginning.

I was reading the Terry gets better once you unlock all of his skills, also which MC did you pick from the beginning.

I haven't invested in his skills like a dummy. I'll be doing that today.

And I picked the guy. Immediately regretted it, but that's what NG+ is for, I guess.

Weapons and Shields are cosmetically and statistically different. Nothing else is (except costumes).

Healix's dub annoys me. Mostly because of h o w s l o w he talks.

Also I had a weird glitch during the tutorial where it asked me to do Searing Slash. No matter how many times I did it right the game wouldn't progress. I switched to "quick controls" did it once and the game progressed. So weird. Went back to full controls after.

The size of these levels are a real bummer

I kind of like the pacing better than Hyrule Warriors where it was 30+ minutes of mashing before any kind of break. Maybe if I play more I'll get annoyed with it but so far I like it.

Cmagus

Terry is one of the most powerful characters when labeled up. His ability to split and fill his tension meter is very useful especially post game.

Both Terry and Alena have this ability and when you need to burn down certain bosses fast it's almost crucial in some fights.

So I am wondering, on those quests that have "- Captain" on it, do the hordes ever end? I swear i been on this mission for like 10 minutes. just wondering

B-Dex

So I am wondering, on those quests that have "- Captain" on it, do the hordes ever end? I swear i been on this mission for like 10 minutes. just wondering

No those are fo grinding and item hunting. The captain recruit and hero are the "difficulties".

I never really had this happen to me before but Amazon delayed my shipment, no reason or anything. I'd this common? What should I do.

Does anyone else find Luceus' little strategy dialogues to really lame. Like just makes me think uuuggghh you're such a freaking nerd! It totally makes me dislike him as a character. I'm only about 5 missions in but it just doesn't do anything for me. The sooner Aurora tells him to shut up the better but it doesn't make me think it's fun banter.

Does anyone else find Luceus' little strategy dialogues to really lame. Like just makes me think uuuggghh you're such a freaking nerd! It totally makes me dislike him as a character. I'm only about 5 missions in but it just doesn't do anything for me. The sooner Aurora tells him to shut up the better but it doesn't make me think it's fun banter.

I think that's the point. Those who pick Luceus are trolled hard.

Superior Aurora is superior.

Shahed

I think that's the point. Those who pick Luceus are trolled hard.

Superior Aurora is superior.
Yeah I literally tossed a coin to see who I'd pick. So glad it fell on Aurora. It's fine joking around with the overly lengthy strategies and all, but it's constant. Mix it up every now and then please.

Apt101

I'm convinced Alena is the best character to bring along for melee. She puts in work on her own, and when switching to her I'm able to flatten a huge mob of enemies in seconds.

Doric's effectiveness seems to be waning as the number of large enemies increases, but I still find him to be more useful than Kiryl.

It's going to be tough to get that trophy for getting all characters to level 50. I suppose I could set aside 30-45 min every other session to grind my underused characters, but ugh. This platinum will just be a long hike I guess. Good thing I really enjoy the gameplay.

Edit: I like Luceus's overconfidence and the dynamic between him and Aurora. In fact I like the dynamics between all of the characters.

Top Bottom