• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

Apt101

I've had some gold nuggets in my inventory for a while. Should I sell them?

Also the tower defense mechanics are no where near as intricate or demanding as they were in Brutal Legend. One basically drops certain monsters to act as sentries to guard objectives or block passageways, or use them to deal an immediate attack or replenish magic or health (etc). It's really not that big of a deal.

zakujanai

Why the hell do the voices play out of the controller as well as the tv? It's really distracting (not lest of all because it's out of sync) and out means I have to mute my controller when I play.

Also, the background music playing loudly over dialogue scenes is really obtrusive and offputing. So much so that I've yet to actually watch a scene ask the way through.

ike_

Why the hell do the voices play out of the controller as well as the tv? It's really distracting (not lest of all because it's out of sync) and out means I have to mute my controller when I play.

Also, the background music playing loudly over dialogue scenes is really obtrusive and offputing. So much so that I've yet to actually watch a scene ask the way through.

Agreed. PS button > Settings > Devices > Controllers > turn that volume down to 2 bars or less. Since I usually use wireless headphones, my apartment neighbors have already thanked me (they haven't, they still hate me).

I really don't like any game playing out of the controller speaker.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I don't really like the size of each mission area so far, it feels almost like you're playing a handheld game where the areas are bite-sized chunks. Have a feeling this is a mosou thing, though, but I was hoping they figured out a way to string areas together rather than select small areas from a list.

So, I bought the skill for Terry thats 20 points and makes you do more attacks with Cross something (it's the SST combo). Am I doing something wrong or does it literally only add one more attack (2 hits)? Like instead of doing 2 hits, it repeats it once and does 4 total, is that really all there is to it? Seems pretty worthless for 20 skill points. I thought it was going to be more like the hero's fire sword hold triangle, where it does a ton of extra hits

Figured out blocking.

It's a second delay, but you can block just about anything but super strong attacks. I was fighting a certain boss and I kept dying. Things went better when I actually employed blocking.

With mobs, you'll probably want to get the accessory that lets you block all around. Really helpful for spellcasters who can't do much to defend himself.

I don't really like the size of each mission area so far, it feels almost like you're playing a handheld game where the areas are bite-sized chunks. Have a feeling this is a mosou thing, though, but I was hoping they figured out a way to string areas together rather than select small areas from a list.

It's not a musou. Musous have large open environments and larger mobs, but you don't have to worry about enemy types. Sengoku Basara has smaller maps too - that game has a ton of different enemies. Compare that to Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors, where you have some variations but they don't matter as much in the grand scheme of things.

Here, it's used to allow you to get back and forth from portals. There's a warp system for bigger places, but smaller maps don't contain that. Makes it difficult enough to have to use the monsters, but not so difficult that the troops don't get an unfair advantage.

That all being said, Zoom could have been used on more maps. Feels like an afterthought on everything but the quest maps.

B-Dex

These late game defence quests are ridiculous. Somehow my guy got moved across the map and cornered by mobs even though he had well placed stone golem and moofster protecting him.

Guess I'll just finish the story and grind out levels.

So Hokuto Musou is also not a Musou?

Exception to the rule. That's not the only defining rule of a Musou. Gundam 3 was located in small zones as well.

Edit: And yeah, doesn't need to be said, but it's not a Musou game in the first place. More like Trill/action RPG than a musou.

Game shows up on EU store now but it doesn't allow me to buy it for some reason. Anyone else have this problem?

edit:nevermind works now. Downloading!

Apt101

This game has turned me into a fan of this universe. My only exposure prior was an old anime from the 80's when I was a kid, and the very first game on the NES. I think I'll play the recommended DQ games after this.

antitrop

Question. How long is this game? 15 hours? 20 hours? 40 hours?

I started skipping all the cutscenes and event dialogues after about 5 hours and now I'm at 17, pretty close to the end of the game. It's pretty damn long, especially if you watch the cutscenes. I'm unlocking Trophies that are 0.5% completion and I still haven't finished the game, lol. Seems like an easy Platinum Trophy compared to other Musous, though. 50-70 hours instead of 100+, maybe.

I started skipping all the cutscenes and event dialogues after about 5 hours and now I'm at 17, pretty close to the end of the game. It's pretty damn long, especially if you watch the cutscenes.

Thank you. I should be able to beat it in the next few days. I should project about 4 hours a day of game play should be good.

Voices coming from the controller speaker doesn't fit with this game at all. At best, it works if you are listening to a radio or similar.

johnsmith

remember me
Bianca seems so OP. Take down large monsters from a distance with no chance of getting hurt and every skill has huge aoe.

robertoci

Really enjoying it so far, my only problem is that it seems to have performance issues, especially when at the base camp where I get a bit of stutter when moving, I don't know if anyone else has these issues or if it's just my PS4 dying.

Apt101

Really enjoying it so far, my only problem is that it seems to have performance issues, especially when at the base camp where I get a bit of stutter when moving, I don't know if anyone else has these issues or if it's just my PS4 dying.

I haven't had that problem, but others are reporting it. Not sure why I seem immune. Framerate remains steady for me and my fans don't go into jet engine mode.

Knock on wood.

The story and writing in this game is so very bad. It's like everything was written by an anime cliche generator. DQ games have a heart and charm all their own, without relying (mostly) on anime nonsense. Good thing the rest of the game is rad!

Top Bottom