• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

matmanx1

A buddy of mine pre-bought this for me for my birthday back in the Spring so I am assuming I can pick up my copy at Gamestop today. I'm a DQ fan and a Musou fan so this looks like it will be really fun.

Mendrox

This game is a year old. If they didn't patch it before the western release and/or for Japan I wouldn't hold my breath for Square to patch this for us.

Release was in February so it is not a year old, but as you said they won't patch it now.

I loved the japanese version :) will get the localized PS4 version as soon as the price drops a little bit. Too much these next weeks for me.

mauaus

So whats the general Gaf consensus, quick vs slick controls... I went with slick and not overwhelmed. Its a pretty simple control scheme.

B-Dex

So whats the general Gaf consensus, quick vs slick controls... I went with slick and not overwhelmed. Its a pretty simple control scheme.

Slick. Way more control over what combos you do. And honestly the button combinations are easy as pie.

mauaus

Loving this game, these guys are talented, i wish they could make a new ip from scratch to see what they come up with

ChanMan

I'm on the fence, I love a good Musou game but I would be splitting my time with this a MGS V. Not sure if I should just wait for the imminent holiday price drop.

jorgeton

Looking forward to this. Picking it up at lunch and decimating some cute slimes after work. And then next week Tales of Zestiria hits. Too many games in October o.o

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My copy is currently on a UPS truck for delivery today. Hopefully they show up before I get off work at 5!

Guymelef

Nobody tried to see if drops are picked automatically at the end of each stages?
I remember finding this super late in other games that would otherwise made the game more enjoyable.
Thanks in advance.

Umm Auto collect exist in other Musous? I always spend time collecting xp scrolls. etc..

Babyshams

The code for the downloadable items doesn't work...

Who would I contact about that, amazon who sold it to me or square enix?

The code for the downloadable items doesn't work...

Who would I contact about that, amazon who sold it to me or square enix?

Wtf? I have the same problem. My code won't redeem in the PS store.

Also, I'm not liking how the block works. Way too much of a delay when you're moving.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As someone else suggested, I updated the OP to add more color. :)

why not both, see who answers first?

Or neither, because it's Tuesday, and the PSN store hasn't updated with things like DLC yet.

The only things that update at midnight are the game releases themselves (and only some games, of course). If you've got DLC to redeem, you need to wait until late afternoon/evening.

Vex_

Banned
No problem.

Nah, it ain't like that. SW is a beat'em up game more focused on doing straight missions and then being done with it. DQ is more about placement of your character, because you can lose the mission by just randomly throwing shit down.

Content wise, there's a lot more. You fight in the fields, against bosses, or tower defense, all while upgrading your character with new equipment and skills. Levels have different forms of interactivity.

No this is basically a full fledged rpg. Big epic story, world map etc... Crafting.

Just woke up. Wanted to thank you guys. Now I have to goto work :( will buy once I can!

Really excited to check this out, haven't played a Musou-style game since One Piece Warriors 2 and this looks different enough to be a lot of fun! Will be buying a copy by the end of the week.

Scrawnton

Been playing the game for two hours. So far I love it. I liked Hyrule Warriors but this is much better. I think this game is a much better service to the Dragon Quest franchise than Hyrule Warriors was to the Zelda franchise.

I love how the music is a throw back to all the old dragon quest songs, even with the low quality midi. It's fantastic.

5amshift

Banned
I have the japanese one, everything's relatively easy but the small medals grind at the end to get all the weapons can be really a boring chore.

Estimated time to complete that on hand?
Seems fairly simple from what I can see, that seems to be the only grind..

Wanchan

Estimated time to complete that on hand?
Seems fairly simple from what I can see, that seems to be the only grind..

I don't remember to be honest, I know I had to grind on a silly boss golem for a few days...but later on with patches, they added items to increase drop rate and events with x2 exp/loots so it got even faster, those are probably in the Western version by now.

ドラゴンクエストヒーローズ 闇竜と世界樹の城
All 50 Trophies
March 15th 2015 (Completed in 2 weeks, 3 days)

Platinum took me 2 weeks, 3 days but I'm not an hardcore gamer. :)

nikos

So I just came home from buying an Elgato HD60 and Logitech C920 to an update that enables streaming.

GG, Square Enix.

Joqu

Ordered a copy mostly to support the series because I really don't have the time to play right now, but it sure does look amazing.

Hope it does well in the West though, a bit worried about that. :(

do you have to pick up enemy drops? Like physically run over them?

Edit: also, are there costumes outside of the square store preorder ones?

do you have to pick up enemy drops? Like physically run over them?

Edit: also, are there costumes outside of the square store preorder ones?

i don't think you do, at the end of the stage i think it auto picks up everything left over, though i'm not entirely sure

edit: they get collected after teh stage is complete

ChanMan

Ordered a copy mostly to support the series because I really don't have the time to play right now, but it sure does look amazing.

This is what I may do, even though I am not a huge DQ fan I do enjoy the classic vibe the series brings to the table.

Shahed

Just realised the barrels and chests respawn whenever you return to base. No idea if you get any useful items, but may as well collect them for not to see.

Ane I'm saving my Mini Medals for the better weapons. Forget everything else for now

if it can make top 10 in NPD i would be happy. (even if it's a slow month)

Top Bottom