• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

maybe square undershipped or it's selling really well. it just means WOM + positive reviews are working? which means DQH2 is coming? (y)

Yushi

This is what I may do, even though I am not a huge DQ fan I do enjoy the classic vibe the series brings to the table.

You're not alone. I'm in the same boat. I know how DQ fans are. Ive actually never played a DQ game, but I enjoy hearing about all of them. So this game is my contribution to those fan in hope they get more games :)

Just realised the barrels and chests respawn whenever you return to base. No idea if you get any useful items, but may as well collect them for not to see.

Ane I'm saving my Mini Medals for the better weapons. Forget everything else for now

Don't bother. You'll get a fuckload through other means, as far as I can see.

do weapons like degrade without me noticing or something? or is it just comparing stats from base stats without weapons rather than what is currently equipped
everytime i go back to base to the weaponsmith and look at an possible equipment to buy it is always represented as an increase, even if it's the same weapon
Boy this game gets my PS4 real loud. Don't know what it is.

magical musou muscle

Stalk

VYe0H7z.jpg

UK get hype. My order from Gameseek came in :D

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Boy this game gets my PS4 real loud. Don't know what it is.

Yeah that seems to happen with the disc version. I asked Shouta who had the digital version from his metal slime ps4 and he said his system didnt seem to do that. Not sure what it is, but yeah mine was the disc version and the system really does seem to kick it into high gear when playing. Esp on the ship for whatever reason.

do weapons like degrade without me noticing or something? or is it just comparing stats from base stats without weapons rather than what is currently equipped
everytime i go back to base to the weaponsmith and look at an possible equipment to buy it is always represented as an increase, even if it's the same weapon

magical musou muscle

Hmm dont think it degrades?

No one has a heard a loud ps4 until they play an assassins creed game and go to a menu with all those white diamond things in the background. I thought my ps4 was a 747

crinale

magical musou muscle

If you mean by is it possible that later weapons may be actually weaker, even if they seem to have better damage in number, then not really. You can just keep upgrading weapons.

If some weapons have special ability (like attack twice with one swing) then it should tell you about it.

Edit: nvm you are actually comparing what you are equipped and what vendor is selling.. Hmm afaik vendor won't lie about numbers, so please double check if you are comparing same weapon.

so gold nuglets are really just for selling right? I know the old alchemist says it, but I just want to confirm there isn't some "oops hope you've been holding on to your gold nuglets!" moment

B-Dex

so gold nuglets are really just for selling right? I know the old alchemist says it, but I just want to confirm there isn't some "oops hope you've been holding on to your gold nuglets!" moment

AFAIK any "nugget" is vendor fodder for gold. I've seen gold and silver so far.

crinale

Yes and same goes to silver nuggets. However don't sell platinum ones.

Parakeetman

I just sold them, JP wikis also said that those objects are meant for selling and not used with the alchemy pot.

Cmagus

Just realised the barrels and chests respawn whenever you return to base. No idea if you get any useful items, but may as well collect them for not to see.

Ane I'm saving my Mini Medals for the better weapons. Forget everything else for now

Barrels and vases will always have MP or HP healing stuff and treasure chests once opened will still be there but they remain open. As for the mini medals if you're going for the platinum I would hold onto them and get rid of the most expensive items first because later on they can be a long grind but if you don't care then I wouldn't worry as much.

You'll get most of the characters best weapons from defeating the hard mode bosses as each of them drop their weapons but if I remember correctly the weapons that you buy with mini medals are slightly better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah that seems to happen with the disc version. I asked Shouta who had the digital version from his metal slime ps4 and he said his system didnt seem to do that. Not sure what it is, but yeah mine was the disc version and the system really does seem to kick it into high gear when playing. Esp on the ship for whatever reason.

Mine's digital

neoemonk

No co-op is disappointing after Hyrule Warriors, but I'll probably still pick this up out of some misguided loyalty for Dragon Quest in America.

crinale

I just remembered that as for JP version Square Enix kept holding events like for one week you get more gold, another week you get more drops, and such (ppl had to be hooked up to PSN to get advantage). I wonder if they'll do the same for Western versions.

Cleve

Man I still find the voices dub or jpn grating(minus the king), but the game's been a lot of fun so far. How different is it selecting the guy from the girl at the start? I really find the guy unbearably annoying and regret my choice.

Shahed

Barrels and vases will always have MP or HP healing stuff and treasure chests once opened will still be there but they remain open. As for the mini medals if you're going for the platinum I would hold onto them and get rid of the most expensive items first because later on they can be a long grind but if you don't care then I wouldn't worry as much.

You'll get most of the characters best weapons from defeating the hard mode bosses as each of them drop their weapons but if I remember correctly the weapons that you buy with mini medals are slightly better.
Yeah I was gonna get the mini medal weapons anyway. I'm near the sword already so that should help quite a bit.

Parakeetman

Mine's digital

hmmm no idea then D:

where does it get the loudest for you? as mentioned mine was when you are on the flying ship. its kinda weird that in the actual stages it never really went on overdrive like it did while on the ship, considering there really isnt much going on there. :/

Oh, bonus weekends is pretty sweet, reminds me of what Outbreak used to do.

Game is installing now, can't wait to dive in.

Oh, and B-Dex, thanks for the impressions earlier. :D

crinale

Me and all my friends are reporting that within airship PS4 gets the loudest. I also think that within the base the frame drop seem to be heaviest. Something must be pressing KTGL engine a bit harder than field with hundreds of enemies.

Me and all my friends are reporting that within airship PS4 gets the loudest. I also think that within the base the frame drop seem to be heaviest. Something must be pressing KTGL engine a bit harder than field with hundreds of enemies.

what if.. the sound of the ps4 is just used as the sound for the airship.. (y) Square cutting cost somewhere.

Apt101

My Slime Edition arrived and is sitting on my desk at work. Can't wait to fire it up later. Need to figure out where the slime is going as well. Might just keep it stowed away.

zakujanai

UK get hype. My order from Gameseek came in :D

Envy. Mine's shipped but not arrived yet. Working ten hour shifts until Friday so as long add it's here by then I've not missed anything. Hope I like this more than the Gundam and One piece Musou games.

Namikaze

hmmm no idea then D:

where does it get the loudest for you? as mentioned mine was when you are on the flying ship. its kinda weird that in the actual stages it never really went on overdrive like it did while on the ship, considering there really isnt much going on there. :/

Some PS4s are just really, REALLY loud. Every game makes mine super loud whether it's disc/digital. Dust buildup and bad thermal paste application are probably the causes.

Parakeetman

Some PS4s are just really, REALLY loud. Every game makes mine super loud whether it's disc/digital. Dust buildup and bad thermal paste application are probably the causes.

Dust buildup is out of the question considering that PS4 the white one I have was literally brand new out of the box, thanks to the first gen OG black having shit the bed.

Sometimes I honestly think poor optimization of games at certain locations for whatever reason is also another cause.

MGSV does similar freakouts in sections where it shouldnt.

Might contact sony about it. As the last thing I need is another dead PS4. Previous one died due to that firmware fuckup they had. Damaged the power unit of the original PS4. Cant send it in as its a US unit and am not in the US atm.

B-Dex

Ok wtf Square. Now there is a digital slime edition on PSN that has the day one content and is 10 cheaper than the pre-order? WTF.

Top Bottom