• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

are these 2 maps on the slime edition any good?

never played this sort of game before but love some DQ and might get it via the US PSN but the difference is 5 dollars...or do we expect SE to have them available separately at a later date?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The SQEX store shipped my CE last week and it actually arrived early for me. Yesterday, despite it being a pseudo holiday.

Was raiding in Destiny, so I only put around an hour and twenty minutes into this. Pleasantly surprised so far. Probably should have given Hyrule Warriors a shot a while back, but at this point that'll half to wait for the 3DS version.

So I'm guessing SQEX finally ditched Digital River? Really surprised at by circumstances of the game's arrival.

Can't wait to play more tonight.
After another Destiny raid. FML

Really hope the game quickly progresses into some DQ3 and DQ4 scenarios. They have the best DQ music of the whole franchise, IMHO.

B-Dex

Nah it's fine. Fuck SE and Sony. Won't pre order anymore of their stuff.
I tweeted at square too no response yet.

Astarte

They're telling me that since I earned trophies they won't do shit.

Sony support is HORRID. 4ThePlayers my ass.

Oh my god Alena's English voice is murderous someone please help me. I want to play as her so much because I love fist fighting charcters in Musous (love playing as Ieyasu in Basara) but just....LORD.

EU1UP36.jpg

B-Dex

What what ? There are two versions of DQH in the canadian store, one is 65 and the other is 75 ?

Yeah the pre order was 75 and now today there is a slime edition with all the day one content for 65 that you couldn't pre order.

Sony gave me a 10$ credit for the price difference but won't give me the slime content.

Seriously pissed. I bet Sony won't do shit either. Probably expect me to pay another 65. What a joke.

Yeah I'm so angry right now. They could at least make a 5$ add-on so I could purchase the extra..but of course no! We don't have that option.
I guess I should have not preordered the game.

Excko

I just called them, and since I didn't play it at all (was at work), they will send for a complete one time full refund. If approved, then they'll refund the price in my wallet, and I'll be able to buy the slime edition.

B-Dex

Yeah I'm so angry right now. They could at least make a 5$ add-on so I could purchase the extra..but of course no! We don't have that option.
I guess I should have not preordered the game.

Exactly get fucked for pre ordering. What a joke. I tweeted SE and Dragon Quest twitters about it. No response.

Einhandr

I'm still not sure how to get my DQ3 costumes from my SE store preorder. Only code that was in the box was my CE slime weapons/maps code. Hoping they email it or something.

Edit: figured it out thanks to some folks over on gamefaqs:

Just to list it step by step to see if it helps. At the very top it will say Square enix, Customer Support, My Account, Sign Out, Log in as "user name". Click on "My Account".

The next screen loads and has a tab for your account, your orders, square enix members rewards, members rewards FAQs and COntact us. Click on "your orders".

Next screen shows your purchase Date, order number, state, item number, price, invoice, Download page. Directly under Download Page does it say "view"? For me view is right next to "Manage this order".

Click on "view". This screen next has a little box you click on to redeem the code.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Would this not fall under Square's jurisdiction? I'm not sure what they do with their marketing dept

free (?) with PS+ i think

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...goos/cid=UP0082-CUSA02769_00-DQHWEAPON0000009

it is for me

Fandangoos, slime-themed weapon for maya

also

65$

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP0082-CUSA02769_00-DQHRDIGITALSLIME

DQH: DIGITAL SLIME EDITIOn

This digital collection includes the full game, DRAGON QUEST HEROES: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below, as well as a set of nine goopy Slime Weapons and two bonus maps! For use in Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below.

Wallach

I feel like buying this. I haven't played any musou type stuff in a long time. Does it stand on its own pretty well? I haven't really played much of the series before.

For some reason I'm not crazy about the guy's art in 2D drawn form but it translates really well to 3D. Felt the same way about Blue Dragon.

Raven77

What are the 2 maps and are they worth it? I have the Best Buy Gamers Club so I can get the game for nearly 12-14 dollars off if I get it from Best Buy.

Also, i'm not a big Musau? fan. I find them to get kind of boring and haven't played one in ages. I know this is different but is it different enough to the point that I may enjoy it? I love the DQ universe and RPG's in general and I know it isn't a full blown RPG obviously.

Spent about a half hour with this game, and already it's amazing. Pretty decent tutorial, and the English voices are kinda fun.

The hordes are pretty fun early as well, controls are great and the visuals are awesome. Really happy I picked this up.

free (?) with PS+ i think

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...goos/cid=UP0082-CUSA02769_00-DQHWEAPON0000009

it is for me

Fandangoos, slime-themed weapon for maya

also

65$

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP0082-CUSA02769_00-DQHRDIGITALSLIME

DQH: DIGITAL SLIME EDITIOn

This digital collection includes the full game, DRAGON QUEST HEROES: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below, as well as a set of nine goopy Slime Weapons and two bonus maps! For use in Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below.

oh sweet. PS+ exclusive. let me download lol

Wow, they have a color insert with the move list of all the characters. Glad I bought this

they cut corner. it could have been a small leaflet with staples but this way you save... staples.

i was surprised they even bothered lol. should have inserted one of their games and say buy now or something.

Alucrid

Banned
they cut corner. it could have been a small leaflet with staples but this way you save... staples.

i was surprised they even bothered lol. should have inserted one of their games and say buy now or something.

any time i see any color insert i think, "wow that was sure nice of them"

B-Dex

Ugh. Was loving the game now I just have a bad taste in my mouth. Grand scheme it doesn't matter but getting screwed over for being a loyal fan is bullshit.

Yeeeahhh...this is really pissing me off. Here I was frustrated that the Day One content wasn't available for the digital preorder, but I wanted to own it digitally, so I bought it 2 days ago...now they got a bundle version available, but are also charging $5 more. WTF. Seriously, do these companies want me to get their digital versions or not?! It's like they keep pushing in that direction, but those of us who have shifted that way keep on getting fucked, and the physical copy owners get the best deal still.

My CE from the Square store finally came, the one day the mail lady is late as hell. I don't have time to play tonight since I work at 5am...but I only work until 11am so its not too bad. I found it kinda silly that as soon as I opened the shipping box I see a sticker that says " no returns" on the ce

I swear I saw a tweet from them early today saying you can get the extra content for 10 dollars if you have the base but now I am going through and don't see it. I know I wasn't dreaming this...

Stalk

Booted up the game after I was given permission to use the TV, damn downton abbey...

I have played the demo at several game expos and loved it every time and my excitement has not faded. If I wasn't set for work t'morrow I would likely still be playing. Just up to the generator tower defence with Isla, may be in the minority but I quite like the English voice acting and how hammy it is!

Yeeeahhh...this is really pissing me off. Here I was frustrated that the Day One content wasn't available for the digital preorder, but I wanted to own it digitally, so I bought it 2 days ago...now they got a bundle version available, but are also charging $5 more. WTF. Seriously, do these companies want me to get their digital versions or not?! It's like they keep pushing in that direction, but those of us who have shifted that way keep on getting fucked, and the physical copy owners get the best deal still.

I am in the same boat. Bought it on Sunday. The weapons don't upset me as much as the maps. Already tweeted at them, which will do nothing. I assume no one got anywhere with playstation support either?

Arkeband

Banned
Did anyone else order from the S-E store? I don't know where my DQ3 costume DLC codes are. D:

edit: okay I think I had to log into my S-E member account and "unlock my activation" under "view" in my shipping history. Christ.

mauaus

I am in the same boat. Bought it on Sunday. The weapons don't upset me as much as the maps. Already tweeted at them, which will do nothing. I assume no one got anywhere with playstation support either?

SCEA cant handle preorders, they fuck up somehow yet I never seem to learn my lesson... Dont know why I preorder :(

Tsosie

Did the intro mission. I am already in love. This has prolly been answered, but I did not see it in the OP, so I will ask. Where do I get the slime weapon DLC from in game?

Top Bottom