• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

ExoSoul

Banned
Damn, why no spoiler?

You ruined the moment for me :(

For this thread is dark and full of spoilers.
In Gaf you're better off not going to OTs unti you've beaten the game. Not saying that's how things should be, just how they are.

You admire the dungeon and level design in the game and then you come to the lategame
Everfall

Speaking of which, sometimes I don't understand this game. I fought a Metal Golem, destroyed all the discs scattered around the room bar one (floating high up in the air) and I simply could not damage it. Tried Fire, Ice and Thunder spells, tried Ice and Blast attacks with a bow, physical (regular) attacks with a bow, nothing made a dent. Had to abandon the fight. :/ Not sure if bugged or if I was simply missing something. Also couldn't figure out a way to get any of my pawns to attack the thing, they all just focused on the Golem.

Did your bow have split damage/did a pawn infuse your weapon with an element?
You need straight up physical to take down thos tokens.

garath

Damn. I was looking forward to resting at an inn last night to see how my pawn fared out in the wide world by herself but the situation did not allow it. First steam was down so I started playing offline. Then by the time it was back up I was in a dungeon on a wyrm hunt quest. I finally go back to gran soren but figured I would quickly turn in the quest to level her up again before resting but accidentally triggered the chasing shadows quest, which auto saved. Sigh. I had no more time to play so didn't get to hit an inn at all lol.

deoee

For this thread is dark and full of spoilers.
In Gaf you're better off not going to OTs unti you've beaten the game. Not saying that's how things should be, just how they are.

I think at least for ~1 month spoilers should be marked in an OT - just because when I'm new to the game I tend to post more in these and ask stupid questions :vo

Damn. I was looking forward to resting at an inn last night to see how my pawn fared out in the wide world by herself but the situation did not allow it. First steam was down so I started playing offline. Then by the time it was back up I was in a dungeon on a wyrm hunt quest. I finally go back to gran soren but figured I would quickly turn in the quest to level her up again before resting but accidentally triggered the chasing shadows quest, which auto saved. Sigh. I had no more time to play so didn't get to hit an inn at all lol.

Go rest at an inn... >_>.

I think at least for ~1 month spoilers should be marked in an OT - just because when I'm new to the game I tend to post more in these and ask stupid questions :vo

The game is 3 years old though, and most spoilers are still being avoided, there is so much stuff you guys don't even know that will blow your mind.
Some random enemy that pops op from random chests that even pawns will warn you about is kinda not spoiler territory anymore.

Spoilers are plot elements. If you're so sensitive to them that you consider an enemy a spoiler, then that's on you.

Haunted

I'm pretty sure my bow doesn't have an innate magical element, but I'm a Magick Archer, so naturally my bow has more Magic than Strength... guess I need to find a long-range physical option for these cases.

Maybe I should've tried climbing on the Golem and jumping off for a midair attack with daggers, but given how much I had to wail on the other discs, that would've taken forever.

I'm pretty sure my bow doesn't have an innate magical element, but I'm a Magick Archer, so naturally my bow has more Magic than Strength... guess I need to find a long-range physical option for these cases.

Maybe I should've tried climbing on the Golem and jumping off for a midair attack with daggers, but given how much I had to wail on the other discs, that would've taken forever.

lol....magick archers use magical bows that do magickal damage....

So I hit post game and it turned out my beloved was
Aelinore
which I fucking hate. I did that quest where I'm supposed to
save her at that castle way up in the north. Literally as soon as she sees my character, they bang.
Wat? Then on the way out
I picked her up and threw her at literally every box I could find. Throwing her at walls, whatever
Take a hint, bitch. After I wasted the ring on Meghhhcedes. Would have preferred Fournival to be honest, even that stupid jester would have been better.

So someone just rated my pawn 5 stars all around and left a comment saying that she 'saved them countless times' , yet I got 0 rift crystals lol?

ExoSoul

Banned
Spoilers are plot elements. If you're so sensitive to them that you consider an enemy a spoiler, then that's on you.

Spoilers are anything that ruins/lessens the experience.
If I say that
Death spawns on the first area the first time you visit BBI
or things of similar nature it takes away from the surprise and discovery the game has to offer.

People have already posted screenshots of their beloved in the
scene with Grigori at the end
as unmarked spoilers, no warning and fullsized images. I believe the
Scenechal
has also already been posted.

So someone just rated my pawn 5 stars all around and left a comment saying that she 'saved them countless times' , yet I got 0 rift crystals lol?

Two possibilities:
A - it's been a while since you last rested and your pawn was gifted more than 10 items
or
B - Someone hired your pawn, then released her and gave her a "fake" rating

Soodanim

10FPS loss for me minimum, even AO itself takes off more than 2FPS so not sure what's going on for you.
I'm gonna try it out later. 10fps sounds better than the 20% extra GPU usage ReShade makes my 970 use. All I had was Deband and SMAA on.

I don't actually mind DDDA with no AA. It looks fine on my 24" 1080p monitor, very little aliasing. Unless something is somehow applying AA for me, which it shouldn't. GeDo doesn't start with windows, ReShade had its profile deleted, and the last time I tried to force 4x MSAA and MFAA through NVidia it was unplayable, so I disabled that too.

Anything that is a surprise is a spoiler, and that gif definitely is. That's why plot points are spoilers in the first place.

Echoplx

I'm gonna try it out later. 10fps sounds better than the 20% extra GPU usage ReShade makes my 970 use. All I had was Deband and SMAA on.

I don't actually mind DDDA with no AA. It looks fine on my 24" 1080p monitor, very little aliasing. Unless something is somehow applying AA for me, which it shouldn't. GeDo doesn't start with windows, ReShade had its profile deleted, and the last time I tried to force 4x MSAA and MFAA through NVidia it was unplayable, so I disabled that too.

Actually it's a 25FPS loss, i forgot I had a 60FPS cap on so my actual FPS goes from ~75 to ~50 in the same scene with that preset.

It looks great but way to much of a performance loss.

mfaex

DadmSg2.png

I'll enjoy this for the day or so it lasts.

10FPS loss for me minimum, even AO itself takes off more than 2FPS so not sure what's going on for you.

That's indeed strange. I've just taken a quick comparison facing the Gran Soren field, it's still almost no performance loss for me. It's a pretty simple ENB. The full blown ones, like wickfut, resonant, e3fx, etc are indeed give about 15 fps loss on my PC.

Echoplx

That's indeed strange. I've just took a quick comparison facing the Gran Soren field, it's still almost no performance loss for me. It's a pretty simple ENB. The full blown ones, like wickfut, resonant, e3fx, etc are indeed give about 15 fps loss on my PC.

It should be impossible for AO to only have a 2FPS drop, not even considering all the other effects.

Are you using the lite version? Despite what the mod page says the lite version is actually the one with none of the effects like detailed shadows, high precision rendering etc.

It should be impossible for AO to only have a 2FPS drop, not even considering all the other effects.

Are you using the lite version? Despite what the mod page says the lite version is actually the one with none of the effects like AO, detailed shadows, high precision rendering etc.

I use the normal version. I actually prepared to use the lite version, but the normal one does the job well so I don't have to. I'm pretty sure those effects are also on the lite version, according to the description. Just downloaded it myself to make sure, AO is also on the lite version indeed.

I'm not maxing the settings though, shadow on low and distance on medium. As you can see from my screens, it's not running at 60fps at all.

Echoplx

I use the normal version. I actually prepared to use the lite version, but the normal one does the job well so I don't have to. I'm pretty sure those effects are also on the lite version, according to the description. Just downloaded it myself to make sure, AO is also on the lite version indeed.

Yeah sorry I was wrong about AO, apparently it's less performance intensive in the lite version. Detailed shadows and High Precision Rendering are not there though, I checked the ini files.

Still, I did a direct comparison of the same scene, losing ~25FPS with the full version. Seems other people are reporting the same thing on the mod page.

Golnei

Oh my god, Jamylla. You can't just ask a goblin why it's black.

God damnit I got Valmiro as my beloved.

I actually think he's one of the less contrived choices - aside from having an implied prior relationship with Cassardis and the Arisen, being captured by Grigori and beaten down by a handful of goblins is an incredibly apt continuation to the end of his last quest. Don't you want to protect him?

What's a good gift to give to pawns?

Hoes seem to be popular.

WE IN THERE

Thanks!

Now that I think about it, if that's the result of every male NPC who uses a default body texture being affected; that'll probably include the kids as well...

That's the point.
Be a real man, armors are for the lame ones. :p

---------------------------------------------------

So, I was trying the Enhanced Vanilla ENB preset a bit, and it's actually good. AO, AA, enhanced shadow, debanding, no vignette, 1-2 fps loss. And no, it doesn't make nights darker and shadows crushed black.

I'm settling with this one. :)

I lose a whopping 40 FPS with this ENB...

Sarcasm

That's the point.
Be a real man, armors are for the lame ones. :p

---------------------------------------------------

So, I was trying the Enhanced Vanilla ENB preset a bit, and it's actually good. AO, AA, enhanced shadow, debanding, no vignette, 1-2 fps loss. And no, it doesn't make nights darker and shadows crushed black.

I'm settling with this one. :)

I lost about 8 FPS. But something is jarring about even though it is steady looks like there is lag.

Majukun

how do i set other teleport locations?
so far i only have the first village and the capital

another thing..the paladin/mystic knight class has a set of abilities for staffs and one for swords...but I'm not able to equip the staff i have to him..does he need a special kind?

garath

another thing..the paladin/mystic knight class has a set of abilities for staffs and one for swords...but I'm not able to equip the staff i have to him..does he need a special kind?

The setting of other teleport locations comes from Port crystals. You will get a small number of them throughout the story. You can set them down anywhere outside and then use a ferrystone to teleport to it like a city location. You can also pick them up at any time.

silva1991

You can get port crystals and place them in wherever place you want.

one is in te bluetower and the other is in everfall methinks.

not sure if there are more than 2 tho.

edit:

yes there are 2 types of staffs one for mages and the other for sorcerers(archistaves)

other classes that uses magic wands can only equip the mage's staff iirc.

staffs not archistaffs. Just looking at the icons should tell you exactly what gear supports what vocation...

Majukun

staffs not archistaffs. Just looking at the icons should tell you exactly what gear supports what vocation...

simple mages can use both?because i had one when i was trying out the mage class,i tried to equip it to the mystic knight and it says it can't equip that

Yeah sorry I was wrong about AO, apparently it's less performance intensive in the lite version. Detailed shadows and High Precision Rendering are not there though, I checked the ini files.

Still, I did a direct comparison of the same scene, losing ~25FPS with the full version. Seems other people are reporting the same thing on the mod page.

I lose a whopping 40 FPS with this ENB...

I lost about 8 FPS. But something is jarring about even though it is steady looks like there is lag.

Alright, that's pretty weird.
It seems that there are similar reports on the comments section as well. Perhaps there's something wrong with the settings then. I have no idea.

Did anyone answer this definitively for you? If not, the answer is...YES!

I did exactly that. I made a family-share account to test out other pawns and Arisens, without worrying about messing up my main. Ha...I ended up playing for like 10 hours on my second account. But yeah, each account can rent the pawns from other family-shared accounts. I think you can do five total in Steam?

thanks, I'll try this soon.

I had trouble getting a hang of the climb-monster-controls.

I am so, so sorry, Ogre.

https://youtu.be/YI3wn__5tt8

that is one sick t-bag.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
2nd time I killed the drake in Devilfire went a LOT faster than the first time. Knowing what I was doing and having a mage with High Frigor made all the difference. Two of my pieces of gear became dragonforged, which I didn't even realize was a thing because it didn't happen to me at all last time when I was actually playing my main vocation. Now I've got some dragonforged items for my least favorite class, OH WELL.

Soodanim

How do people stand playing Sorcerers? everything is so sloooooow.

it's crazy.

I can't do it for long. Even with reduced cast times I get bored with the waiting or annoyed at either the action moving away from me or getting knocked out of my cast.

I much prefer hybrid classes so I can cast a little bit but still actually do stuff. I leave the sorcery to my pawns.

Steel

Banned
Is there a hide helm mod or a way to force it through the ini or something?

Fashion's Dogma will not sleep

Not yet, but I eagerly await it. In the meantime, check your storage at the inn, you should have a pretty decent circlet there so that you won't have to stare at the game's ugly helms.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
afk DCP farming on Noble Quarter with Asuran vest + that ring from BBI is godtier. Takes like 20-25 minutes to max out a vocation and you barely gain any exp so you don't become OP. This is good game design. Although all told I'd have preferred if higher exp enemies gave equally high DCP so I could level vocations up really quick naturally in the late game.

Top Bottom