• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

How do people stand playing Sorcerers? everything is so sloooooow.

it's crazy.

Wyrmking's rings, augments, syncasting, hello super fast casting and putting bosses in endless stunlock till they die.
Heck you can join a pawn that is nearly done casting and have your own spell finish charging instantly.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
ENB is great for day time shots and all that... but man alive, it just crushes out all the details in the shadows and at night.

Would be nice if we could do HDR mimicry - where ENB transitions from harsh to subtle when going from light to dark areas.

This is always my issue with ENB. Everything always gets super dark and there's pretty bad black crush.

ENB has specific settings for night time. If you find the blacks being crushed at night, change night time settings! Its very modifiable.

Sarcasm

afk DCP farming on Noble Quarter with Asuran vest + that ring from BBI is godtier. Takes like 20-25 minutes to max out a vocation and you barely gain any exp so you don't become OP. This is good game design. Although all told I'd have preferred if higher exp enemies gave equally high DCP so I could level vocations up really quick naturally in the late game.

Check pm

Ogawa-san

At least you're doing damage as sorc... As ranger I'm just the torpor bitch, keeping things slow and busy so the sorc can cast in peace.

I was 100% worthless against the first red drake in BBI post Daimon... Warrior and sorc tearing it up, meanwhile I was hacking at it with dragonforged lv2 daggers/bow and the bar wouldn't move :(

Mesoian

Broke into BBI last night. Killed the first chained up super cyclops thing by cheesing him out as a magic archer. Ended up getting a ton of super sick gear for my Warrior Pawn (sup sword that has 1000 damage points on it raw!), but I haven't gotten anything good for myself yet, which is starting to really make progressing tough, especially when I got to that iron Ogre who just likes throwing out one hit kill drop kicks.

Game is fun. Game is really fun.

shiyrley

Banned
I played a little bit of this yesterday, I reached the village part when you try to
fight the first dragon and all that
. Seems like a great game and it runs at rock solid 60 FPS at 1440p maxed out (except HDR) on a 660ti (for now at least), so pretty happy with the performance too.

At least you're doing damage as sorc... As ranger I'm just the torpor bitch, keeping things slow and busy so the sorc can cast in peace.

I was 100% worthless against the first red drake in BBI post Daimon... Warrior and sorc tearing it up, meanwhile I was hacking at it with dragonforged lv2 daggers/bow and the bar wouldn't move :(

Torpor lasts for like 30 seconds, as soon as you hear the little debilitation blurb just switch to something else.
Heck as a ranger you could just use rusted daggers to apply torpor, and then back off and use your bow for the duration.

Not yet, but I eagerly await it. In the meantime, check your storage at the inn, you should have a pretty decent circlet there so that you won't have to stare at the game's ugly helms.
Yeah I've just been using a circlet, but so far my Pawn isn't wearing anything. Blegh

Also sucks hearing about Rangers lack of damage output, I'm having so much fun with Strider's bow stuff I was planning on goi ng Ranger.

Steel

Banned
Yeah I've just been using a circlet, but so far my Pawn isn't wearing anything. Blegh

Also sucks hearing about Rangers lack of damage output, I'm having so much fun with Strider's bow stuff I was planning on goi ng Ranger.

Ranger doesn't have a lack of damage output. That's nonsense.

Yeeeaaaahh... no. :p

Rangers have some of the hardest hitting attacks: Comet Shot, Great Gamble, Dire Arrow, and the all-mighty Tenfold Flurry.

No other vocation can kill the true final boss of BBI in 30sec.

The perceived lack of damage most likely comes from crappy weapons in the early main game, Rangers have to wait longer than most vocations to find/buy good weapons.

Soodanim

Actually it's a 25FPS loss, i forgot I had a 60FPS cap on so my actual FPS goes from ~75 to ~50 in the same scene with that preset.

It looks great but way to much of a performance loss.

It didn't even de-band for me, in fact it made it look worse. I followed the instructions - installed ENB, downloaded the zip, extracted to DDDA folder, did the same for the file on Neuxs, installed the lantern fix.

I think I'm going to try GeDo again with nothing but deband, and if it's a killer I'll give up entirely.

Rangers have some of the hardest hitting attacks: Comet Shot, Great Gamble, Dire Arrow, and the all-mighty Tenfold Flurry.

The perceived lack of damage most likely comes from crappy weapons in the early main game, Rangers have to wait longer than most vocations to find/buy good weapons.
So then should I skip to Assassin or Magick Archer before heading to Ranger?

Just do what you want. The longbows in the shop won't leave you gimped or anything. It's worth dipping into other classes for augments, though.
Yeah I'm planning on trying out most, if not all vocations but DP is pretty limited right now so I'm gonna get further in Strider first.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
still confused by the everfall. After first hitting 2 rooms with bosses initially, now Ive hit 2 rooms (1 yesterday, and 1 today now that I resumed) with some mobs and a bunch of locked gates. I cant find any way to open the gates on both ocasions, no levers anyware unless im blind. Someone posted the map (which I found again on the wiki) but it doesnt help much. It seems like every time I grab the same ledge and its a different floor lol

Lanrutcon

It's a toss up. Rangers are great...if they have awesome weapons...and a shitload of cash for a shitload of blast arrows. Without a constant supply of those it's rather painful to run around BBI. I much prefer the Magic Archer for chest runs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are there a lot of cockatrices in BBI? Because this enemy simply isnt fun to fight, just like in the main story.

Got to a room with 2 of them in Everffall, my party just all dies from petrification (even tho I gave them potions for it, not alot mind you as I didnt have many) and then I eventually just die

very close to just calling it on everfall and moving on to BBI, these same rooms after rooms isnt doing much for me, reminds me of the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne, which I also didnt like

What's a good inclination for Fighter pawns? I'm running Scather/Challenger right now and it's pretty good but I'd rather switch if there's something better.

It's a toss up. Rangers are great...if they have awesome weapons...and a shitload of cash for a shitload of blast arrows. Without a constant supply of those it's rather painful to run around BBI. I much prefer the Magic Archer for chest runs.

That reminds me, how do I equip my special arrows? Also is there a way to de-select an ability without having to sheath my bow or change abilities? Triad Shot gives me issues.

Lanrutcon

That reminds me, how do I equip my special arrows? Also is there a way to de-select an ability without having to sheath my bow or change abilities? Triad Shot gives me issues.

Equipped arrows is just navigating to the tool menu, and press A on them. They'll get the equip symbol. Only Assassins, Striders and Rangers can equip special arrows.

are there a lot of cockatrices in BBI? Because this enemy simply isnt fun to fight, just like in the main story.

Got to a room with 2 of them in Everffall, my party just all dies from petrification (even tho I gave them potions for it, not alot mind you as I didnt have many) and then I eventually just die

very close to just calling it on everfall and moving on to BBI, these same rooms after rooms isnt doing much for me, reminds me of the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne, which I also didnt like

I just like them for the boss combinations, its like a challenge to see how much does it take to beat them. there are some awesome combinations both in everfall and BBI.

Rent a pawn with High Voidspel, or carry it yourself

Rhaknar

met that Ur Dragon, one shot my entire party, except for me who he 2 shotted. lolwhut :D

then I went back in and I guess I took too long on the ledge because he was like "im out bitches" and flew off :/

The tablet, which I assume is the highest damaging players (?) was all level 150+ers, maybe I shouldnt be here at 42 :/

I hardly ever used Blast Arrows as I liked to keep as light as possible. When doing final BBI boss runs, I'd just use the best heavy bow I had (Ice one, then the lvl3 cursed one), 10fold, conqueror's periapt x 4, and large mushrooms. It was always faster for me that way.

But I'd usually run MA or MK if I was actually fighting everything along the way.

Here's what you'll encounter in there:
For anyone exploring post-dragon and wondering what exactly you can find:

Here's the chambers of the Everfall and what you'll find inside:

0. Confusion - mandatory, any door you enter will bring you here. Evil Eye.
1. Anxiety - Lich, Undead, Skeletons.
2. Absence - Inky Saurians, Magi, Hellhounds, Grim Goblins.
3. Hesitation - Snowy Saurians, Undead, ArchHydra.
4. Apprehension - Gore Chimera, Wights, Undead / 2 Cockatrices, Grim Goblins, Vile Eyes.
5. Remorse - Grim Goblins, Golem, Cyclops, MERCHANT.
6. Tragedy - Succubi, Gargoyles, Phantasms.
7. Lament - UR-DRAGON
8. Fate - Drake + Harpies or Chimera + Gore Chimera + Lich summoning Hellhounds / Succubi, Gargoyles.
9. Distress - Direwolves, Snow Harpies, Wyrm.
10. Estrangement - Golem + Cyclops + Ogre or Metal Golem + Wight / MERCHANT, Undead, Phantasms.
11. Woe - Lich, Fell-Lords, Undead.
12. Sorrow - Tentacles, Vile Eyes, Grim Goblins, Evil Eye.
13. Resolution - Ogres, Undead, Cockatrice, Inky Saurians.
14. Inspiration - Phantasms, Magi.
15. Hope - Bloated Undead, Hellhounds, Gore Chimera, Magi.

The Chamber of Fate encounter with the Chimera+Gore+Lich+Hellhounds is arguably the toughest fight outside of BBI.

For navigating the Everfall, I would always jump in and make sure the minimap was facing north, and I would look at the minimap as if it were a clock. Then it was just remembering what number and position the chamber I wanted was at: "Fate is 8th down at 6 o'clock." etc. Jump in, count as I pass by, and steer towards the one I want while mashing grab.

There are Cockatrices in BBI, though I can only recall one area in which one spawns -- and sometimes it will spawn something else instead. You can just run by it in BBI.

If things are too easy/boring for you, just head to BBI; it isn't filled with all the new super-tough enemies right away -- they're saved for boss fights and random encounters your first time through.

void666

Banned
It's funny. I'm addicted to this game. I have the ps3 version. And though i was having fun with it i eventually abandoned it. Blurry visuals and low fps really turned me off.

Now on pc i'm using an ENB and i think the game looks amazing. Solid 60 fps.
I was fighting a griffin last night and it looked so good.

I wonder if this release is some sort of test. Because i really want a Dragon's Dogma 2.

The only vocation I don't see the niche for is Assassin.

strider is bows and daggers, ranger is swords and longbows, fighter is tank, warrior is 2 handed melee, mage is support magic, sorcerer is damage magic, mystic knight is magic tank, magick archer is an arcane archer... assassin is... also bows and daggers?

Are assassins more focused on dagger damage than striders?

Rhaknar

already loving the look of BBI, excited. Sorry for those that wanted me to do everfall first, really wasnt feeling the place :/

My pawn has 100% petrify/possession/skill stiffling resistance. Use better gear or switch to MA, ricochet and such aren't the only reason why MA does so well in bbi; motherfucking great ward arrow son.

Steel

Banned

strider is bows and daggers, ranger is swords and longbows, fighter is tank, warrior is 2 handed melee, mage is support magic, sorcerer is damage magic, mystic knight is magic tank, magick archer is an arcane archer... assassin is... also bows and daggers?

Assasin is:

Bow Sword
Dagger Bow
Sword shield.

Assassin has top-notch sword and dagger skills, it's a great melee class. On the bow side, they have a lot of unique status effect inflicting abilities, but aren't great for ranged DPS(they can get by, though). On the shield side, they're not as tanky as the other sword shield classes, but they have some abilities with ultility(like you can use enemy blows to fly in the air rather than get damaged with one ability).

Lanrutcon

Rangers are dagger/longbow, Assassins are daggers/sword+bow, Striders are daggers/shortbow.

They're variations on the same theme. Striders are skirmishers, highly mobile with answers to everything. Rangers are pretty much cannoneers. Assassins are a bit of Warrior and a bit of Strider.

Ferr986

They can spawn in BBI too if I don't remember wrong.

But BBI is WAY WAY better than Everfall. Is not as samey and has some good level design.

Haunted

lol....magick archers use magical bows that do magickal damage....
Makes sense if you put it this way. :lol

Two of my pawns can do physical damage but they couldn't attack the discs, opting to uselessly hack away at the invulnerable golem instead. ;_;

Lux R7

Assasin is:

Bow Sword
Dagger Bow
Sword shield.

Assassin has top-notch sword and dagger skills, it's a great melee class. On the bow side, they have a lot of unique status effect inflicting abilities, but aren't great for ranged DPS(they can get by, though). On the shield side, they're not as tanky as the other sword shield classes, but they have some abilities with ultility(like you can use enemy blows to fly in the air rather than get damaged with one ability).

assassin is also

Dagger Shield

Ullus

Is the pawn system still broken?
A couple of friends hired my pawn and sent it back, didn't get a notification or anything.

Makes sense if you put it this way. :lol

Two of my pawns can do physical damage but they couldn't attack the discs, opting to uselessly hack away at the invulnerable golem instead. ;_;

Pick them up and and place then under the disc, they should attempt to attack it and gain knowledge; commanding "go" helps too sometimes.

Top Bottom