• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

MUnited83

For you.
Are the items you get from defeating The Dragon the best ones you can get on the base game? I didn't knew about them and went to defeat The Dragon while leveling up Assassins, but i would very much prefer to get the Magick Bow instead.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm at that point where I don't wanna finish up with the everfall because I wanna dragonforge a weapon and armor set for every vocation I plan to use in BBI,and at the same time I really wanna do BBI before I hit NG+, but I really wanna do NG+ so I can do all the quests I missed.

Also I wanna try to make warrior work in BBI without it being suffering but that just seems like a nigh impossible task.

Mystic Knight is just so much stronger it's ridiculous, I feel like longswords are just really weak for how limited the warrior's arsenal is.

If you compare Ascalon to a Dwells in Light, Dwells in Light only adds like 150 more overall damage, 120 Str and 30 magick,

Ascalon is 510 str and 332 mag, while Dwells in Light is 620 and 356

That's ridiculous considering how you only get one weapon and 3 abilities. Dwells in Light should be at least 750 and 430.

I had this same issue with warriors before when I played on the PS3, where they're really fun to play and they're honestly a pretty well put together vocation, but every other vocation just gets things done better and more efficiently, which makes for a much smoother play experience.

I just feel like if a warrior is gonna have a much harder time reaching weakspots the least they could do is make it quick to dispatch them once you actually get there. Instead you get there and you gotta wail on them for for just as long or some times even longer than other classes.

lol

Post pics of your Wario pawn! Your Waluigi Arisen was hilarious.
I'm not good with pictures. Here's what I posted earlier instead:

ytaocj.gif

Some dubious folk do tend to... abuse his services, however.

flbsey.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BBI is everything I wanted vanilla DD to have more of, absolutely loving it

Durante

How do people stand playing Sorcerers? everything is so sloooooow.

it's crazy.
I think it's wonderful. Because of the tradeoffs (vulnerability and long casting times) this game can make higher-level spells as powerful and impactful as they deserve to be.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's a pity you can't have Mystic Knights as pawns. You don't know the luxurious life of a sorcerer until you get to chill and cast spells in the middle of a Ruinous Sigil. I cover my pawns with it and they get to just go HAM.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
How do people stand playing Sorcerers? everything is so sloooooow.

it's crazy.

Because I'm literally Gandalf and can toss around Dragons, Ogres, Griffins like rag dolls.

I do miss my shield when I was a mystic knight though.

I just feel like if a warrior is gonna have a much harder time reaching weakspots the least they could do is make it quick to dispatch them once you actually get there. Instead you get there and you gotta wail on them for for just as long or some times even longer than other classes.

My party:
warrior, warrior, warrior, mage.
I pretty much only avoid death or living armours, the rest gets destroyed like everything else.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
My party:
warrior, warrior, warrior, mage.
I pretty much only avoid death or living armours, the rest gets destroyed like everything else.

Death isn't so bad as a warrior just get 100% sleep resist, living armors on the other hand are horrifying lol.

I dunno man, like maybe it's just because I spent all of yesterday doing ur-dragon stuff but reaching some of those hearts as a warrior is painfullll and even in offline mode breaking them with a dragonforged dwells in light and full str augs and full mag augs took far too long.

Normal enemies get obliterated but then again everything can trash them around. But like, if I'm up against a gore chimera as a MK I enchant abyssal anguish and holy and use blitz strike and it takes off a bar easy, with a warrior as a comparable weapon I'm doing maybe half of that per attack and the attacks come far slower.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Makes sense and is quite thoughtful of you lol :p

I dunno, I love playing warrior but when I switch to another vocation after a while it just makes me sad how much stronger all the other vocations are. If you ask me arc of deliverance should have just been a level 3 charge for indomitable lash, and longswords need to be a bit more beefy and it'd be solid, but then we wouldn't have the ring skill.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It's a pity you can't have Mystic Knights as pawns. You don't know the luxurious life of a sorcerer until you get to chill and cast spells in the middle of a Ruinous Sigil. I cover my pawns with it and they get to just go HAM.

I wonder if this can be changed through save editing or game modding.

Alexm92

So I'm just after getting to Gran Soren and I picked up a few quests but they are really far away and I don't know if I'll be able for going that far yet (I'm level 17 and playing on hard), so what quests should I do first? Or what the hell should I do, I'm pretty clueless because none of the quests I currently have indicate whether its a story quest or not.

Loving the game so far, the combat is so fun. Looking forward to getting farther into it and changing vocation. Currently playing as a strider, think I'll try an assassin once I max out strider.

BBI is everything I wanted vanilla DD to have more of, absolutely loving it

I'm so proud of *SIGHS* I remember when you where scared of the witchwood,
ah those where the days...and now look at you, all grown up and ready for BBI.
I had a feeling about you.So what level are you rekking it at BBI?

Golnei

There'd be no AI for the pawn, even if you hex edited the save. It would prolly crash anyway.

If it's anything like the console versions, hybrid pawns would technically work, but be unable to use any skills or weapons specific to the class. I'm not sure how combinations of weapons they already have access to (like an Assassin pawn with a sword/bow) would work, though.

So I'm just after getting to Gran Soren and I picked up a few quests but they are really far away and I don't know if I'll be able for going that far yet (I'm level 17 and playing on hard), so what quests should I do first? Or what the hell should I do, I'm pretty clueless because none of the quests I currently have indicate whether its a story quest or not.

Loving the game so far, the combat is so fun. Looking forward to getting farther into it and changing vocation. Currently playing as a strider, think I'll try an assassin once I max out strider.

Hey Just have fun man, don't worry to much about if you missed a quest this game has tons of replay value and once you unlock new game plus, you can easily beat it in about an hour or so and do all the quest you missed with a wiki or whatever.my recommendation is to simply listen what npc say and try and do whatever sound more urgent fist.
for example: Right now you are supposed to deliver the hydra head right?
but someone comes up from out of nowhere and says you need to go rescue X person, go do that first or go deliver the head and as soon as you can head back and go look for that person.

FYI - I was able to do all the quest before the wiki even existed and not internet help and no map or HUD. I did do alot of backtracking between casardis and gran soren castle looking for npc with yellow questions marks in their heads, but IMO it was worth it and fun.

Ryne

FYI - I was able to do all the quest before the wiki even existed and not internet help and no map or HUD. I did do alot of backtracking between casardis and gran soren castle looking for npc with yellow questions marks in their heads, but IMO it was worth it and fun.

That's exactly what I'm doing now, just running around the place having fun. I rushed through the game the first time I played it, so I want to enjoy this experience.

The only problem I'm facing is that everyone I have as friends are really outpacing me level -wise, so I think I'm losing out on exp by renting higher level pawns.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm so proud of *SIGHS* I remember when you where scared of the witchwood,
ah those where the days...and now look at you, all grown up and ready for BBI.
I had a feeling about you.So what level are you rekking it at BBI?

51, just killed the
ginormous cyclops in the filthy dungeon. How Resident Evil of it

Im getting alot of cursed gear, dunno what thats about

I was loving it until I stumbled upon that chained cyclop

I'm almost level 60 yet that thing one shooted everyone.

just killed it /shrug. had to res alot of ppl and it took ages tho

When people talk about Everfall, they're not referring to that one small portion right before
the tentacles pop up
in the main story right? Does it open up after that? I imagine BBI is much longer than that in comparison.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Without holding the modifier, every button works as normal. It's intuitive, and you'll have no problems adapting. L2 is for the most part unused anyway, it expands the controls without losing anything.
What I mean is that I tried to use JoyToKey to bind, say, L1 or L2 + d-pad to 1, 2, 3 etc. and it still sent the pawn commands.

Basically every time I hit the d-pad, even if I'm holding another button at the time, the pawn command is used. :\

Yeah same, dont have to worry about being surprised by that now.
Please. You'll be plenty surprised trust me. ;)

So I hit post game and it turned out my beloved was which I fucking hate. I did that quest where I'm supposed to
save her at that castle way up in the north. Literally as soon as she sees my character, they bang.
Wat? Then on the way out
I picked her up and threw her at literally every box I could find. Throwing her at walls, whatever
Take a hint, bitch. After I wasted the ring on Meghhhcedes. Would have preferred Fournival to be honest, even that stupid jester would have been better.
Hahaha sorry to hear that, man. I wanted to avoid exactly that but still do the side-quest to explore the Blighted Manse, so I made sure to punch Aelinore a couple of times before starting on that quest. 'Cause the dragon picks up the highest affinity NPC you last talked to, so if you maxed out Mercedes with the ring, then later maxed out Aelinore with the quest, it'll be Aelinore.

Stupid dragon...

51, just killed the

Bring them to Olra.

51, just killed the

just killed it /shrug. had to res alot of ppl and it took ages tho

cursed gear...Did you say that you saved those rift crystals, now it's a good time to start using them, I think there is a guy who can take a look at the cursed gear and (um , uncurse it?) for rift crystals.

Edit: ^ like the post above said , let Olra inspect it.

Rhaknar

what did it drop?

nothing just materials. but there is a key called Void Key up in that room when you climb the rafters, I assume its important

on the way there there is a door locked by a lever, I know how im supposed to get there but the platform is too high. I wonder if there was some boxes there I destroyed and was supposed to use to get up there, its driving me nuts

Lanrutcon

PSA: Cursed items purifies into random loot. The pool for this loot is determined by the vocation colors of your character and pawn at the time of purification. To increase the chances of loot for your main character, switch your pawn to the same color vocation.

Golnei

Character creator is fantastic, my only wish is they had more short hair options

The character creator is pretty good - lack of body hair options are the only immediately obvious flaw, aside from more specific concerns like hairstyle / individual feature variety and the weirdly distorted upper torso on men; as well the quality of the actual assets themselves, even if that couldn't have been helped given the original hardware.

The largely preset-driven nature of it is probably its biggest strength, in terms of allowing a variety of believable or even good-looking faces; as opposed to struggling to make something vaguely human in slider-driven systems.

Mesoian

PSA: Cursed items purifies into random loot. The pool for this loot is determined by the vocation colors of your character and pawn at the time of purification. To increase the chances of loot for your main character, switch your pawn to the same color vocation.

Good to know. My pawn was getting some super sweet gear and I was getting nothing.

Vuze

Quick question: The knight / duke's spokesman said that attending the audience with the duke will put an end to any unfinished tasks; I have done all Wyrm quests, but this sounds like it will affect my regular quests as well? Is this true? I have some stuff unfinished (like exploring the Thief's Den and obviously tons of board quests "Kill xy").

Rhaknar

hmm my magick archer is yellow/blue and my pawn is sorceror so blue, so i should be good?

also that void key totally opens up a new path, not unlike a souls game or a zelda or a resident evil etc. this place is by far the best thing in the game, wish the main game had more of this and less "open world"

moop1167

Does anyone know how to use ENB just for the AO effect? I want to use that and then have some Sweetfx on top of it. I don't really care about the other effects. I have never used ENB before so I am not totally sure how to edit everything. Nothing saves in the in-game menu either when I try.

hmm my magick archer is yellow/blue and my pawn is sorceror so blue, so i should be good?

also that void key totally opens up a new path, not unlike a souls game or a zelda or a resident evil etc. this place is by far the best thing in the game, wish the main game had more of this and less "open world"

No you're not good, yellow give you daggers, bows, longbows, on top of staffs, archistaffs and magick bows.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Quick question: The knight / duke's spokesman said that attending the audience with the duke will put an end to any unfinished tasks; I have done all Wyrm quests, but this sounds like it will affect my regular quests as well? Is this true? I have some stuff unfinished (like exploring the Thief's Den and obviously tons of board quests "Kill xy").
The notice board quests are safe. Not sure about the Thief quest. I think they're safe too but not 100% sure...

Does anyone know how to use ENB just for the AO effect? I want to use that and then have some Sweetfx on top of it. I don't really care about the other effects. I have never used ENB before so I am not totally sure how to edit everything. Nothing saves in the in-game menu either when I try.
If you only want the AO, check UseOriginalPostProcessing, Use OriginalObjectProcessing, and then uncheck everything other than Ambient Occlusion. After you make changes, click save at the top, then apply changes right after. It'll freeze up for a few seconds to reload everything, then you're good.

speaking of ENB, preview of "upcoming features and tweaked old ones".

Looks like he is adding custom skin/object shading?

Weren't it for the recycled areas, BBI would be right up there with the best souls zones ever done. Place is still terrific even with those.

Is quite surprising how much the game benefits from the constrained setting, given its original open world focus.

Yes, unless you really want new daggers. At which point it'd be better to quickly swap both your char and the pawn to ranger/strider. Can still risk getting a magic bow, tho, since those are also classified as yellow loot.

No use in godsbanning if you get, say, a bow when purifying a specific BBI cursed weapon, since it's tied to color, so a loot that yellow purifies into chilling razors will always purify into chilling razors, and the only way to change that is to try for a red or blue flag, which will also be fixed for whatever they end up being.

I for one assumed it would only affect Wyrm Hunt Quests. And I was wrong. Two sidequests failed in my case.
From gamefaqs: "You lose all quests given by a PERSON. You keep all quests given by a BOARD."

wickfut

Banned
Gotta give credit where it's due. It's using your fantastic ENB as the base. I just tweaked it a bit and used SweetFX to achieve the desired colors.

ha , fair enough.

What's making the sky white-out? are you slightly removing blue from the image or is it bloomed?

Top Bottom