• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Lanrutcon

Thanks, that helps a lot. Does staff or dagger matter much or are they personal preference? I'm using staff atm for the cool levitate and to keep ranged at all times. Also do dagger/staff magick stats count towards your bow damage?

Take daggers. When you encounter something that's resistant to magic: climb on its face AND STAB IT LOTS(tm). Plus they're good for small, quick enemies that aren't worth a bow shot.

Yes, staff levitate is cool but double jump (Magic Archers, like Striders and the like, can buy double jump) works just as well and is much better at climbing giant monsters.

No, dagger/staff damage is separate from bow damage.

Remember that MA's are part Strider, so you get the benefits: dodge rolls, hundred kisses, double jump. Learn to love them, as they are all super useful.

I'd advise you to hit the early levels of BBI. Avoid combat, open every chest you can, possibly use a map from the wiki to check which chests can drop weapons. A magic bow from BBI will help you lots.

gergstep

Neo Member
Made it past the 2nd BBI boss
Lich dude and his dragon
, getting my ass handed to me now if I go deeper down :( I want the level 2 weapons and armor farther down lol

ezekial45

Banned
Me and my main pawn. I had four just give me positive feedback on her. Thanks for RC, guys.

05BF23A69467CE8D1B158A27D4650F70CCDE2254

Blitzhex

I've been using daggers with my magic archer. I don't really see much point in having 2 ranged weapons, so it's nice to have something for close encounters. Daggers are fun too.

Take daggers. When you encounter something that's resistant to magic: climb on its face AND STAB IT LOTS(tm). Plus they're good for small, quick enemies that aren't worth a bow shot.

Yes, staff levitate is cool but double jump (Magic Archers, like Striders and the like, can buy double jump) works just as well and is much better at climbing giant monsters.

No, dagger/staff damage is separate from bow damage.

Remember that MA's are part Strider, so you get the benefits: dodge rolls, hundred kisses, double jump. Learn to love them, as they are all super useful.

I'd advise you to hit the early levels of BBI. Avoid combat, open every chest you can, possibly use a map from the wiki to check which chests can drop weapons. A magic bow from BBI will help you lots.

Sweet, going to try dagger. Just got some dragonforged. On the hunt for a nice bow now!
Thanks.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I am totally overwhelmed with all the stuff you can pick up... And end up being on very high load very quickly.

I have NO idea what most of it does and no clue how to craft something etc.
wtzgU.gif
Fighter has that augmentation that makes the "Very light" weight class last 20kg more and Strider has that one that makes your weight class one lower than your actual one. I know it doesn't extend the actual inventory space, but going for those might help playing with so much clutter.

Steel

Banned
I am totally overwhelmed with all the stuff you can pick up... And end up being on very high load very quickly.

I have NO idea what most of it does and no clue how to craft something etc.
wtzgU.gif

Materials are used in weapon/armor upgrading, mostly. Some of them can be used for crafting.

My suggestion: Put all that shit in storage, then choose the option when talking to any inn keeper to combine, click on each one and see what items you can make with each material.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Hah. Funnily enough it was much faster on console. I have no idea why this is the case.

Steamworks can go wrong?
I don't even remember it being a thing on console that's how fast it was. When I saw that bar on PC I went "Wait, what?" for a sec because it never lasted long enough to leave an impression on console.

But oh well. I don't rest that often anyway so no biggie.

Beat the Dragon finally. Got the hard mode armor. Was in mid-50's but my gear was a little subpar. The new Dragon weapons I got are a lot stronger.

Lost a pawn in the battle. They were down when I finished the fight. Oops. Was my second time there. Could not get anywhere with my first party so I ran 3 pawn sorcerers.

Went out to the beach to celebrate and got into a fight with a gorechimera; it took 2 high malestorms but finally went down. Then while my pawns were staring at the corpse a hellhound grabs me and takes me out.

Ferr986

Almost forgot how fun is to take double the time to beat a big monster like the Drake thanks to your pawn somehow being unable to buff you with his weak element.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got destroyed but what looked like normal soldiers (but they used vocation skills, I saw some strider skills being used on me) in a place called Pilgrim Gauntlet. The other place I can go is Black Abbey. Will leave both for tomorow tho

BBI made Dragons Dogma go from "great game" ro "one of my favorite games ever". Im really glad I went there too because Everfall was actually bumming me out a bit

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
got destroyed but what looked like normal soldiers (but they used vocation skills, I saw some strider skills being used on me) in a place called Pilgrim Gauntlet. The other place I can go is Black Abbey. Will leave both for tomorow tho

BBI made Dragons Dogma go from "great game" ro "one of my favorite games ever". Im really glad I went there too because Everfall was actually bumming me out a bit
Corrupt pawns are nasty. The sorcerer ones will annihilate you if you don't take them out quickly lol.

And yeah the Everfall really does suck. I remember hating it when I played vanilla DD. I considered vanilla DD to be a good game but too flawed to be great, for many reasons, and the terrible
"final dungeon" that is the Everfall
was one of those reasons, it really soured me a lot. BBI made it great, IMO.

Moff

Acceding servers is thisb years Bloodborne's loading screen :p

I don't understand why you can't play when it does that.
it accesses the servers all the time during normal play and all you see is the icon in the top right corner

if it's because of the messages you get if your pawn was used,I don't think it would bother anyone if you got that message a few steps out of the inn

draetenth

Alright, I've got my four Rings of Perseverance, I've reached level 10 with my Arisen (now a level 11 MK) and Pawn (Amelia - level 10 Ranger) so I'm set. Now to actually do some quests. Poor Amelia's probably tired of getting slaughtered by the creatures in BBI on the way to the Rings of Perseverance. :p

How do people stand playing Sorcerers? everything is so sloooooow.

it's crazy.

They have some of the best spells I've seen in game. It's so fun casting Maelstrom or Bolide.

did you ever beat the game tho,
as in the real endings?
Did you ever at least fought the UR dragon in the Everfall?
The Everfall has some great loot and the Ur dragons has some neat stuff too I was never able to beat him online tho, only offline :(

SilentRob

Is there anything I can do about me not receiving any rewards or RC for when other people use my pawn? I know for a fact a friend of mine has been using my pawn for several hours, yet none of it registers, no matter how often I sleep at the inn.

Is there anything I can do about me not receiving any rewards or RC for when other people use my pawn? I know for a fact a friend of mine has been using my pawn for several hours, yet none of it registers, no matter how often I sleep at the inn.

DId your friend return your pawn??? They have to release the pawn first before you get anything.

xHiryu

Guys, I'm level 45 and I havent even done the Griffin Quest nor touched BBI. I think I'm overleveled?

Boutta start BBI though, never played any of the Dark Arisen content.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did you ever beat the game tho,
as in the real endings?
Did you ever at least fought the UR dragon in the Everfall?
The Everfall has some great loot and the Ur dragons has some neat stuff too I was never able to beat him online tho, only offline :(

not yet. I faced UR once, he one shot my entire party, I went back in and he flew off lol. Ill hand in the 20 stones and do those last quests for the real ending after BBI I guess

Guys, I'm level 45 and I havent even done the Griffin Quest nor touched BBI. I think I'm overleveled?

Boutta start BBI though, never played any of the Dark Arisen content.

you are far from overlvled for BBI, I just got 55 in there and the later parts are destroying me

Not trying to min max out anything but I've been playing assassin + warrior a fair bit and I'd like to pile on some magic defense because mine sucks. Which is the class to use if I wanted to do that?

draetenth

How does forging the Inclination potions at the black cat work exactly? You buy them from Jonathan and then ask the Black Cat to forge them - using the forgery while keeping the original on hand in case you need more?

eye boss
dead, the better BBI gets the more I wish the rest of the game was like it. I want a DD2 that is just this :/

edit: and after this boss theres a shortcut back to the very beggining, proper Souls style. As it should. I love this place

Haha I didn't want to come off too strong because there is still a bit of fun to be had in the Everfall, but I told you man BBI is such a better postgame.

udivision

Are bows not useful in the early game?
It seems like running up an stabbing things is a lot more effective. And I don't think you can really cheese or anything with bows from afar... monsters will just run up and stab you.

Steel

Banned
Are bows not useful in the early game?
It seems like running up an stabbing things is a lot more effective. And I don't think you can really cheese or anything with bows from afar... monsters will just run up and stab you.

Kinda. The rapid-fire move can do some decent DPS but drains your stamina fast. Later on Bows can become beastly, though.

Ogawa-san

After getting Symone in my first playthrough I started giving some people effluvium. Just in case.

Anyway, got Daimon Mk.II down (at lv135), purified a lv3 longbow and... I guess I'll be playing pimp my pawn full time now. In this sense DD feels a lot like BB; I want more of it because fighting stuff is fun, but there isn't much to fight for.

Rhaknar

Haha I didn't want to come off too strong because there is still a bit of fun to be had in the Everfall, but I told you man BBI is such a better postgame.

You didnt, although im getting a "you didnt play the real Dragons Dogma because you skipped everfall" vibe from some people :p

Whatever, it is what it is and im not going to stop the place im loving like i havent in a ling time in a videogame just to go the other place that im "supposed" to even tho I was having zero fun in it

Also, unrelated but i dont get how people are in the hundreds, i didnt skip any quest and im only 55 :(

garath

Finally rested at an inn.... whoa. 9 people used my pawn. 3 were 0 RC, sent me back with a rock and 3* ratings :( One of those 0 RC rocks also commented "failed to meet expectations". With 0 RC, what could she have possibly failed at?? lol.

Reizo and Lanrutcon though. Wow! Thanks! Appreciate it so much :) I have 180k RC now lol.

eye boss
dead, the better BBI gets the more I wish the rest of the game was like it. I want a DD2 that is just this :/

edit: and after this boss theres a shortcut back to the very beggining, proper Souls style. As it should. I love this place

Yup, had the same feelings the moment I got in BBI. It just works so much better than the open world base game which seems bland in comparison. Playing exclusively BBI the last few days, the atmosphere is just incredible.

Top Bottom