• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Majukun

When enhancing my weapons/armors, do I have to carry with me (in my bag) all the materials to the armory or are they also recognised if I have them in my storehouse?

Besides this, I just earned the Golden Idol in Symona's Quest. To get the discounts in shops, do I have to do something else or is it enough to have it in my inventory?

Thanks!

they are recognized even if you have them in the storage

Lux R7

That's like me at the disco

pMTcZi.png

Also, I love to solo Daimon, has some Link vs Ganon vibe to me (and the battle is amazing itself)

vNjBif.png

When enhancing my weapons/armors, do I have to carry with me (in my bag) all the materials to the armory or are they also recognised if I have them in my storehouse?

Besides this, I just earned the Golden Idol in Symona's Quest. To get the discounts in shops, do I have to do something else or is it enough to have it in my inventory?

Thanks!

For the first, just store everything in your storage. For the second, carry the gold Idol with you.

Ryne

Thanks!
I keep failing this quest. I looked up what I did wrong, and I'm not going to bother doing a NG+ for this stupid idol

Dizzy-4U

Oh man, someone sent me a LVL3 weapon and another sent me a portcrystal. You guys are awesome, I'm sure gonna start doing the same now that I have good items to spare.

Anyways, gonna take low level pawns from my friendlist for a spin to finish up some quests before NG+ :)

I have fully completed Strider, Ranger vocations, I want to be a magick archer now for Dark Arisen (level 42 now) will I gimp myself if I dont level mage and sorcerer? or is it mainly just based on weapons

Ah pawns who are insistent on casting their spells 3 inches in front of giant bosses because reasons.

That's like me at the disco

pMTcZi.png

Nice shot. You happen to have a watermarkless PNG? D:

Assassin or Fighter?

I have fully completed Strider, Ranger vocations, I want to be a magick archer now for Dark Arisen (level 42 now) will I gimp myself if I dont level mage and sorcerer? or is it mainly just based on weapons

Your damage will suck until you get better weapons then once you do, it won't matter much that you didn't level mage/sorcerer.

Regardless I'd say max out all vocations for their augments. Sorcerer and mage have nice damage increase augments.

You'll be fine. Having some levels while being a Mage and Sorceror would have helped your magic stats growth but a good weapon will make sure you do plenty damage.

Ah pawns who are insistent on casting their spells 3 inches in front of giant bosses because reasons.

Nice shot. You happen to have a watermarkless PNG? D:

Assassin or Fighter?

Your damage will suck until you get better weapons then once you do, it won't matter much that you didn't level mage/sorcerer.

Regardless I'd say max out all vocations for their augments. Sorcerer and mage have nice damage increase augments.

I guess I will try mage next, I just dont want to be a mage really, I wish I could use a bow and level up other vocations :(

silva1991

Arisens, how do I know which curse item has the best weapons in BBI? I've got like 20 of them

are the always at level 3?

also I got dragon's presence mace in a chest is it the best mace in the game? or not even close?

Lux R7

Arisens, how do I know which curse item has the best weapons in BBI? I've got like 20 of them

also I got dragon's presence mace in a chest is it the best mace in the game? or not even close?

there are better maces.

Lanrutcon

Not even close.

3 > 2 > 1.

So essentially you can only get the best weapons in the game by killing the end boss of BBI at least once.

silva1991

Not even close.

3 > 2 > 1.

So essentially you can only get the best weapons in the game by killing the end boss of BBI at least once.

So having Orla to purify lv1 cursed items will never get me the best weapons? I should save my RC then

someone yesterday said something about vocations colors and that it can determine what weapons I can get?

So having Orla to purify lv1 cursed items will never get me the best weapons? I should save my RC then

someone yesterday said something about vocations colors and that it can determine what weapons I can get?

It's not some sort of low stakes gamble, lvl 1 is always lvl 1, you're not going to get anything from a higher (or lower) pool.

GJS

Finally about to get started on deny salvation. Finished up all the non-notice board side quests.

Levels coming a lot slower now only level 55.

Lanrutcon

You're going to need level 1 weapons to survive. Without upgrading your gear you're going to struggle. The last parts of BBI do not fuck around. It makes the starting BBI areas look like a kindergarten.

The gear you get from purifting is drawn from a pool determined by the color of the vocations of you and your pawn.

JimPanzer

uhm, so I just got to the probably (?) last quest:
The final battle
. Is this really the last quest? I got a ton of the map unexplored because I thought the story would lead me eventually to these places. Should I just go on exploring now? What happens if I beat the quest mentioned above, does the game continue or is it NG+?

I switched my support mage pawn to sorcerer in order to grab some augments. Since doing so I had only one rental in the few days I have had her as sorcerer. My question for you guys is this: if you're going to grab a sorc. pawn what primary, secondary skills, and inclinations are you looking for? I'm not really going to be able to play this weekend so I just switched her back to mage and changed her inclinations to give her a shot at getting rented. Still really enjoying the game a ton. So if you see a mid thirties mage named Morrigan take her out for test drive. :D

Corpekata

Banned
The final battle
. Is this really the last quest? I got a ton of the map unexplored because I thought the story would lead me eventually to these places. Should I just go on exploring now? What happens if I beat the quest mentioned above, does the game continue or is it NG+?

The game continues and there is a meaty post game, but some stuff changes so you'll want to do story sidequests and exploring first.

silva1991

Are there any benefits to fixing broken rifstone? there are strangely all over the place in BBI.

You're going to need level 1 weapons to survive. Without upgrading your gear you're going to struggle. The last parts of BBI do not fuck around. It makes the starting BBI areas look like a kindergarten.

The gear you get from purifting is drawn from a pool determined by the color of the vocations of you and your pawn.

thanx, I hope there will be plenty of lv3 items then.

The final battle

1. No
2. You can do the quest
3. Post game, after you beat that then you start NG+

Are there any benefits to fixing broken rifstone? there are strangely all over the place in BBI.

Allows you to get new pawns or respawn your pawn if he or she died.

thanx, I hope there will be plenty of lv3 items then.

Yes, you can use them. :p

You get your first lvl3 cursed armor/weapon from defeating the main boss of BBI, then the chest loot changes and you face more enemies that can drop lvl3 stuff.

Man, what the fuck?
X1YXQo6.jpg

I beat the
the inquisitor (lich dude + dragon)
feeling pretty good about myself. Next room over I see fucking
Death, 3 Gorms, 2 Gorecyclopes and a bunch of corrupted pawns to round it out.

Nothing in Dark Souls was ever that terrifying.

jonjonaug

Level 1 weapons are slightly worse or about on the level as stuff in the main game's postgame. Level 2 is slightly better than the weapons you get from killing the dragon. Level 3 is the best weapons in the game.

That said it varies for other items. A general rule of thumb is to always purify level 2 or 3 items of any type along with level 1 gear. If you haven't already finished or almost finished the main game level 1 items of all types are good too.

Golnei

I've almost completed all of the dagger-using classes, so I should probably try some other weapons; but everything is so slow. It feels wrong not being able to dodge, and I've come to rely far too much on Cutting Wind to move around. Most of them lacking ranged options doesn't help, either...

I should probably not have left it until the post-game to experiment with classes outside the ones I'm immediately comfortable with.

A-V-B

People say the combat is like dmc... how does that work in a medieval fantasy setting? Does magic take the place of guns or something?

Top Bottom