• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

void666

Banned
Can you get plastic surgery in this game? My character looks like Rumor Willis, and not in a good way.

In the encampment near cassardis, close to the rift stone there's an npc who sells a potion. It's 5000 RC iirc. You then can edit both your character and pawn at the menu screen.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think I found out why all the pawns are pretty redheaded ladies. My pawn's been rented at least 3 times (and someone played quite a bit with it, since I got a nice haul of RC) yet everyone seems to rank him as a 3 star guy (looks, everything)

:(

I guess grey haired mages aren't people's thing.
If your pawn dies in another person's game, doesn't it default to all 3-stars? That's likely what happened, if you didn't get a gift/comment back with him. I honestly don't know as my pawn hasn't been rented out enough to get a grasp on what the reward screen for that even looks like.

Squishy3

Anyone have any idea as to why my game is a studdering mess? I can't play in full screen @ 1440p without the framerate dropping to ~4-7fps. Windowed I'll get a 144fps, but full screen I get 4.

980Ti
i74770k
16gb ram
1440p Gsync monitor.

I have no clue, I guess I could see if the Bordeless Windows program works with this game.
Yeah sounds like you'd need to force borderless fullscreen.

draetenth

oh you dont have to go in the riftstone? thats what I usually do

Nope, just stand next to it.

Rusted weapons or blunting arrow(with Assassin).

I should point out that you need a Rusted Weapon upgraded to at least three stars for it to inflict Torpor.

The same applies to the other two status inflicting weapons Gold and the blindness one (Anealed or something like that).

EbGGXiY.png

My entire pawn party are red headed females, I ain't complainin tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aw man, I thought I was being somewhat original. I usually just see freakish monstrosities.

In my defense, my pawn is breathtaking.
2016-01-21_001539ks08.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh you just wait. He becomes persistent later on.

he is now, keeps popping up in the sewers. I just realised you can kill him too, I thought he was invuloneable until like a proper boss fight later on. Gonna take me ages to kill him at this rate tho, I barely hurt him :(

I'm going through the Everfall and I have no gold, what's the best way to make money at this point in the game? I've already sold all the weak weapons I had in my storage.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Having seen the Godsbane suicide animation now, I think it would've been rad if they made it a proper seppuku animation and have your main Pawn behead you. That would've been metal as shit.

Dayum, Tenfold Arrow + Blast Arrow is hilariously overpowered. Everfall is a cakewalk with this.

Yeah, I just find Magick Archer insanely boring to play as compared to Strider though. The lock on aiming, the fact that most of the skills require a really long charge time.... just didn't feel it.

MUnited83

For you.
Nearly everything is a cakewalk with that combo.
Yeah, used it on a few BBI enemies and that was working damn well too lol

Yeah, I just find Magick Archer insanely boring to play as compared to Strider though.

It's a ranger skill actually. (magick archers can't even use different types of arrows sadly). You can use this combo too but using Fivefold Flurry instead, which the Strider has. It's still quite overpowered, just not as much.

I totally cheesed those 2
gorecyclopses
from the balcony guys, im not proud :(

im totally proud, we dark souls now bitch!
That's really the only way to kill them quickly and easily, otherwise you spend 10+min stabbing their heels and getting knocked out of charge attacks by their incessant stomping.

They're the worst monsters in the game, they should be half as fast for something so large.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Does anyone have any good locations of where I should place portcrystals?

I can't believe I've spent 26hrs in this game and it feels like I've done nothing. My char is only level 35, i'm partially lost and have no idea what the heck I should be doing. I only just found and ran around killing stuff in witchwood.

Yeah, used it on a few BBI enemies and that was working damn well too lol

It's a ranger skill actually. (magick archers can't even use different types of arrows sadly). You can use this combo too but using Fivefold Flurry instead, which the Strider has. It's still quite overpowered, just not as much.
Ah okay, got it mixed up with the similar skill for Magick archers. My preferred set up for strider didn't even have fivefold arrow thouggh.

dcassell

Banned
It's been a pretty interesting experience so far with this game. I haven't really struggled with difficulty, though I've been really focused on doing a ton of side quests. Have a team of Me (strider), main pawn (Mage, focused on healing) and two warriors. We've been able to destroy just about everything I've come across in 10 hours. Trolls were hard on my initial encounter in the first real dungeon, but the second my weapons get enchanted with fire, EVERYTHING goes down instantly. Excited to keep going into the shadow fort. Even though it hasn't been the challenge I remember from the first time I tried it, DD has been one of the better game experiences I've had in the last two years.

So excited to play more of this all weekend.

I can't believe I've spent 26hrs in this game and it feels like I've done nothing. My char is only level 35, i'm partially lost and have no idea what the heck I should be doing. I only just found and ran around killing stuff in witchwood.

lol what? head to gran soren and deliver the hydra head already.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
So far I have these:
- Camp in Devilfire Grove (quick access to Shadowfort, Quarry, and not too far from Aernst Castle)
- Watergod's Altar falls (or Mountain Waycastle), the half-point between Cassardis and Gran Soren
- Heavenspeak Fort (quick access to Soulflayer Canyon, not too far from the Greatwall)
- Bluemoon Tower

For a while I had one in the Witchwood entrance too, gives quick access to Aernst, but it's better to place it at the back entrance to skip the first part. I did that to fight the Metal Golem, since I needed to change Vocation (my magic-based Arisen was helpless). If you don't need to be a melee class though, you can levitate up the back entrance so you don't need a port crystal there, just warp to Cassardis.

I also try to have one in my inventory in case I need to do a quick trip to Gran Soren and back to where I was, though. And I haven't been to the Greatwall yet, but I'd probably put it there instead of Soulflayer since I have no reason to really return there for a while.

Jon Armdog

I'm going through the Everfall and I have no gold, what's the best way to make money at this point in the game? I've already sold all the weak weapons I had in my storage.

I'm not there yet, but from what I recall from the PS3 version, you can make a ton of gold selling wakestones and looted armor/weapons. Mostly wakestones though, I think they were everywhere and sold for quite a bit

are any of the melee vocations fast paced similar to bloodborne/DMC? i always played a warrior because i loved playing Guts, but seeing as how they removed his stuff Im thinking about trying out something else, preferably fast paced melee

Lux R7

are any of the melee vocations fast paced similar to bloodborne/DMC? i always played a warrior because i loved playing Guts, but seeing as how they removed his stuff Im thinking about trying out something else, preferably fast paced melee

fighters and striders are fast. (assassin too)

Ogawa-san

Today I learned what happens if you bring a fiend-luring incense to Rotunda of Dread.
Before that: two unchained condemned gorecyclops, that I did kill. But three drake-types? Only if they dropped all 13 fabled BBI items at once.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Well, there are no jump cancels and shit, but the vocation path starting from Strider is pretty fast-paced. You get a dedicated dodge, a double jump, and even get a skill that acts as an animation cancel you can cancel recoveries with and later on even "tech" throws/knockdowns and stuff. Pretty fun. It's no Smokin' Sick Style!! but much quicker than Warrior, that's for sure.

Well, there are no jump cancels and shit, but the vocation path starting from Strider is pretty fast-paced. You get a dedicated dodge, a double jump, and even get a skill that acts as an animation cancel you can cancel recoveries with and later on even "tech" throws and stuff. Pretty fun. It's no Smokin' Sick Style!! but much quicker than Warrior, that's for sure.

that sounds fine! i wasnt expecting anything like dmc3/4 but i know DD was made by that team so i figured there was something in there that was fast at least. warrior was kind of stale just charging up AoD all the time hahah

That's really the only way to kill them quickly and easily, otherwise you spend 10+min stabbing their heels and getting knocked out of charge attacks by their incessant stomping.

They're the worst monsters in the game, they should be half as fast for something so large.

Torpor is your friend. Rusted weapons are OP af.

Kill offline Ur Dragon. Get 20 wakestones + a wep. sell everything for mad money.

Would suggest skipping upgrading them to 3 stars. Just give them 1 or none, then head to BBI-Duskmoon Tower and force a cursed dragon spawn. Bam, dragonforged.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wooo thank you to whoever gave me a cursed armor lv. 2, very kind. Sadly it was either a cape (a good one though, divine embrace) or that stupid cursed king belt. I picked the cape, it looks OK and got good stats.
I think I found out why all the pawns are pretty redheaded ladies. My pawn's been rented at least 3 times (and someone played quite a bit with it, since I got a nice haul of RC) yet everyone seems to rank him as a 3 star guy (looks, everything)

:(

I guess grey haired mages aren't people's thing.
Maybe they just died, though. Sometimes I use a pawn for a long-ass time and then Death takes them or they fall to their deaths. I try to re-hire them at the next Rift and dismiss them with a gift, don't know it that helps but I doubt many people bother.

Is there anyway to find out what vocation your pawn was when it got hired? My pawn just went from Strider > Warrior > Fighter in the span of a day and I just had someone give me 32k RC for using her. I'd like to know what class she was at the time.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone mind hiring my pawn for a bit? Could use some RC for those extra colors.
Steam name is same as here.
I'm not finding her when filtering for level 33 Strider in neither the full nor the friend list. Is it just bugged or has her level/vocation changed since you took that picture?

Today I learned what happens if you bring a fiend-luring incense to Rotunda of Dread.

Before that: two unchained condemned gorecyclops, that I did kill. But three drake-types? Only if they dropped all 13 fabled BBI items at once.

That one is easy though, the other one that spawns 7 living armours and 3 liches is just the worst.

Top Bottom