• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Can someone spare a blessed flower? I couldnt make a forgery and I misunderstood how the refreshing system works.

Generally if they are Elder Ogres/Death, if you don't have endgame weapons, you're gonna have a bad time. Plus Death will run away unless you consistently knock it down. All dragons can be dealt with but be aware that Cursed Dragons take even LESS damage than most other dragons if you aren't hitting it in the heart (though Cursed Dragons are also VERY weak to holy). You can also grind encounters by going to certain arena rooms that will continuously spawn boss monsters that should (eventually) give you some BBI weapons. To get these monsters to spawn, just exit and re-enter the room (may have to do it a few times). Each time will spawn something different, usually drakes, chimeras, or living armors. BBI weapons are the rarest of drops from enemies BUT fortunately they can be controlled to some degree based on your VOCATION when you purify them. See the below link for more info.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Purification

Chests can also give you BBI weaponry Level 1 & 2, so they're worth it until you've gotten something that will help with your damage output. Important to note that level 3 BBI weapons are not all that much more powerful (maybe 100 ATK/MATK more), thus making level 2 weapons a better choice to initially aim for because they're easier to find/farm.

Oh yes, you can also godsbane to change the drops of enemies if you're unhappy with what you get. This is usually best used on endgame bosses only as it's not all that much faster than just exiting/re-entering the room in cases of the arena farming.

Thanks for the info. There's something I discovered though; at the second refuge in BBI there's a notice board quest for collecting 3 Cursed Dragon Horns. The reward for doing so is 1m gold and it unlocks a few of the level 2 weapons for sale at the vendor. Managed to get the daggers. I knew that horrible Cursed Dragon fight would pay off.

silva1991

I wasted my time going straigh to capital on NG+ only to find out that I guards won't let me in with out Mercedes.

the back tracking after that was heart crushing.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Should I be "forging" the gold idol before giving to caxton? Will the forgery give me 30% off everyone forever?

Yep, the forgery will still give the discount, so you can give the original to Caxton or Madeleine.

Cyrano

Thanks for the info. There's something I discovered though; at the second refuge in BBI there's a notice board quest for collecting 3 Cursed Dragon Horns. The reward for doing so is 1m gold and it unlocks a few of the level 2 weapons for sale at the vendor. Managed to get the daggers. I knew that horrible Cursed Dragon fight would pay off.
Yeah, forgot about that. Cursed Dragon fight does pay off if you're willing to take the time to do it. The pattern for it is pretty simple and once you get it down it's a fight that mostly rewards patience. The only fight at endgame that I still feel is pretty tough is the Daimon and it's mostly because the timing of the attacks are weirdly staggered. Hard to get that fight into a rhythm so you can feel out the attacks.

Someone rated my pawn with the comment "this pawn lacks style"....
0e586d6c26.jpg

c'mon yo, she classy as hell.

Thanks for the 5 stars though.

Grief.exe

Just want to double check that this is still relevant advice for the OP, been gone the last few days.

GEDOSATO
  • http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582
  • Select Edit Settings - Configure SMAA, DOF, and/or Downsampling from here
  • From Edit Settings, select profile, choose DDA
    [*]Add 'enablePostprocessing true' and 'addProcessingPass deband.fx' lines to the DDA profile (Don't include the apostrophe symbol)
  • Select Edit Keybinds - Configure toggle hud, take hudless screenshot, toggle settings, etc

I would like some tips on my pawn, I'm making her a Fighter as obviously as a ranger she wasn't getting hired.(However I wanted to make her a Fighter anyway)

What are the best skills for a Fighter Pawn, Augments and Inclinations?

Also I'm making my main character a Magic Archer, what are the best skills for the post game? I'm confused on what Augments I should be using for the Magic Archer class.

I know this is annoying to answer, so I apologize for asking these tired old questions, however I'm having a hard time with my MA and especially with my Pawn.

You can do both. Just dont kill any of the bandits inside the encampments.
You can do both but make sure to store the medallion you get as a reward from one before going to the other.

Even if you're cool with the women, they'll attack on sight if you walk up carrying the male medallion, and vice-versa.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
You can do both but make sure to store the medallion you get as a reward from one before going to the other.

Even if you're cool with the women, they'll attack on sight if you walk up carrying the male medallion, and vice-versa.

That wasn't the case for me. I finished the quest for the female bandits first so I had their medallion on me. The male bandits still didn't attack me. When I tried to to the male bandit quest afterwards, all the female bandits outside their castle were gone because I had their medallion. So I then had to kill the female bandits inside their castle, but they didn't aggro even though I killed one after the other. I killed all except their leader, but then I accidentally sprint-bumped into her and she attacked me for some reason and then my pawns killed her. Welp.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
*One single rat connects one single hit on me*

Pawn: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY HOLD THE ADVANTAGE!!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!!!!
The opposite is funny too when they get fucking clobbered with a sledgehammer to the head or something and they just go "No! They hold the advantage!"
Thanks man, appreciate it. Does she still rush in head on and start climbing?
Heh, yeah. I was fighting a Drake and she was crawling about on him while he was in the air a lot. Wasn't a problem though since she got him down by hitting the heart too.

draetenth

Decided to explore the world after delivering the Hydra Head, but before going to the Pawn's guild. Found the Chimera and a huge pack of Goblins in the forest to the N/NE (or is it NW?) of the Quarry. Man, I forget how much fun it is to fight these bigger beasts as a lowish level player. Level 20 now so I'm feeling good.

I'm going to take a break for a bit. Maybe I'll go through the thread again and add people to my friendlist (only have 3 out of 320).

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
"Death be not proud. Though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so."

Also got Devilsbane, Cursed Light, and Magebreaker. Something for everyone!

*One single rat connects one single hit on me*

Pawn: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY HOLD THE ADVANTAGE!!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!!!!

This one time I was walking on the jetty at Bitterblack Isle and almost slipped and one of the pawns called out "Watch the ledge, Master!" and I was thinking. "damn, that's pretty cool"

Now I'm walking right down the centre of it and they still say that same shit

Vuze

Damn ENB changes the look of the game too much.
I just wanted a no-hassle fix for the banding :(
You sure you disabled everything apart from High Precision Rendering and Disable Palette?

Speaking of which, ENB 0.298 is out:
Published ENBSeries 0.298 for Dragon's Dogma. Added parameter to disable mod at loading screens and disable fake shadows under feet. Added hotkey for fps limiter for those users who have long loading screens and fps limiter helps. Heavy hdr mode parameter which is slow mode but have maximal quality of rendering with a different look of bright areas of the screen. Added ambient color parameters and separated skylighting mixing modes. Added interior detection for catacombs (not sure if all of them, not tested much).
http://enbdev.com/mod_dragonsdogma_v0298.htm

Boris is also working on automatic ambience color setup which looks handsomely natural in comparison to vanilla: http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68946#p68946

Finally grasped how the game works. After the start of the game I bought as much iron gear as I could for my strider and pawn and just went walking. Got bodied by bandits and wolves and spend a good 40 minutes fighting the two cyclops (one by waterfall north of encampment, other by those ruins next to the witching woods entrance). Got tusks, rugged bones falling out of my pockets.

Making bank with around 10,000 disciple points. Made my way back to the encampment and bought more moves for my strider, then realized you have to buy the moves and augments for your pawn too. No wonder she kept dying over and over.

Holy shit now she's actually useful. I also have a dodge. This game is fucking great, aside from the autosave system that only does so at specific points. If you die on route after 4 fights and didn't manually save, get ready to Craig David those 20 minutes of playtime.

I'm not far into the main quests but just taking my time going around the map farming resources.That said I'm having a great time, more so now that I actually understand more of the game. Combats great albeit not as DMC4 as I'd hoped given the games reputation. Still a great system with plenty of room as I'm sure I'll see when I experiment with the other classes.

Well worth the £18 entry fee; GAF was right about this game.

I also understand the thread title now. Fuck me do the pawns span so much dialogue it's unreal.

Safety in numbers arisen

Afrocious

Finally grasped how the game works. After the start of the game I bought as much iron gear as I could for my strider and pawn and just went walking. Got bodied by bandits and wolves and spend a good 40 minutes fighting the two cyclops (one by waterfall north of encampment, other by those ruins next to the witching woods entrance). Got tusks, rugged bones falling out of my pockets.

Making bank with around 10,000 disciple points. Made my way back to the encampment and bought more moves for my strider, then realized you have to buy the moves and augments for your pawn too. No wonder she kept dying over and over.

Holy shit now she's actually useful. I also have a dodge. This game is fucking great, aside from the autosave system that only does so at specific points. If you die on route after 4 fights and didn't manually save, get ready to Craig David those 20 minutes of playtime.

I'm not far into the main quests but just taking my time going around the map farming resources.That said I'm having a great time, more so now that I actually understand more of the game. Combats great albeit not as DMC4 as I'd hoped given the games reputation. Still a great system with plenty of room as I'm sure I'll see when I experiment with the other classes.

Well worth the £18 entry fee; GAF was right about this game.

I also understand the thread title now. Fuck me do the pawns span so much dialogue it's unreal.

Safety in numbers arisen

I might have to give the game another shot later on then. I started it for the first time today. I got to the second village and turned it off. Combat is interesting but IDK I got bored.

So I was exploring the pawn guild's
basement, which led to fighting an ogre and me riding said ogre off the stairwell and plummeted to his death at the bottom with me still on it. I was perfectly okay and scored like 10000 experience or something.

THIS GAME

I might have to give the game another shot later on then. I started it for the first time today. I got to the second village and turned it off. Combat is interesting but IDK I got bored.

It's just a case of understanding how it works. The game can be vague as to what you should do next. After doing the first 2 or 3 "story" missions it sends you to another island for the first proper dungeon. I went in and got fucking obliterated, then frustrated and decided to go back to the main island which is where my last post began.

Once you gain levels and acclimate to the combat systems and mechanics you learn to enjoy it more and more.

If you're really stuck, in the encampment check your item box as it has DLC gear. Nothing major but it's better than some upgraded starting gear you can buy so it takes the edge off. Also check the rift for decent pawns. As far as I'm aware they scale to your level (not sure but someone will correct me otherwise) so don't expect an end game pawn to play the game for you or worry about that occurring.

Also do the cyclops respawn after leaving the zone? Haven't checked yet.

So I was exploring the pawn guild's
basement, which led to fighting an ogre and me riding said ogre off the stairwell and plummeted to his death at the bottom with me still on it. I was perfectly okay and scored like 10000 experience or something.

THIS GAME

My 2nd cyclops encounter I was on his head slashing away as he was walking closer and closer to the edge of the cliff. He died with me on him and I jumped off as he fell over the edge. Best part of my experience so far.

kanuuna

Yeah, I guess I'm done with this game. I'm stuck at
Grigori
with pawns that can't get anything done, and a sub-class (Mystic Knight) that I can't use to any effect. I just spent 45 minutes on a single attempt and best I could do was cut the boss down to about 40%. My attacks don't do shit, the pawns attacks never connect and I'm stuck trying to scour the arena for any curatives I possible, punctuated by attempts to bring the health down by dragging my ass across the sole weak-spot with light attacks. The only ranged spell at my disposal is Great Cannon, and that doesn't connect ever, and even when it does, it does no damage. Mounted weapons? Same deal.

I'm not going to knock the difficulty down. But at the same time, I can't do shit about any of this now since I can't get out of the space. I have no idea how I actually managed to have a good time with this fight on my first playthrough on PS3.

She looks boss as fuck tbh. Can't wait to dive into BBI.

Also, I got a lot of luck first day but now no one is hiring my pawn :(

Thanks!

I'm currently helping another pawn, but after this round I'm moving to another, and then another, do I have you on my friendslist?

Ferr986

Thanks!

I'm currently helping another pawn, but after this round I'm moving to another, and then another, do I have you on my friendslist?

nope! Just joined right now the DD GAF group (Im Ferrsv). I rarely used Steam so I have no friends, so anyone feel free to add me if you want a sorcerer pawn :)

I had not much time to play so my pawn probably isn't at the best shape right now, but I'll try to work on her tomorrow :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How are you not renting the best warrior in the game then?

mine >_>

Probably because youre not on my steam friends list and it doesnt show up? I was all about ready to do it but now someone said i shouldn't use high lvl pawns because it kills my xp so /meh

I say /meh sir!

Sarcasm

So I am about to hit max ranger, going to switch to assassin. My pawn is a max fighter.

My party setup is (unsurpisingly all female) Consists of the fighter, mage and a sorcerer.

Would it be wise to set my fighter to a warrior? I'd need to get gear for her. I'd also need to do the potions to prob fix up her inclinations (which I need help with).

nope! Just joined right now the DD GAF group (Im Ferrsv). I rarely used Steam so I have no friends, so anyone feel free to add me if you want a sorcerer pawn :)

I had not much time to play so my pawn probably isn't at the best shape right now, but I'll try to work on her tomorrow :(

Hmm your profile doesn't show up when I search.
Here add me:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/reizoryuu/

Probably because youre not on my steam friends list and it doesnt show up? I was all about ready to do it but now someone said i shouldn't use high lvl pawns because it kills my xp so /meh

I say /meh sir!

Lol fair enough, though you can counter the xp loss by having a pawn that's 25 levels below yours in the party, or leaving a vacant slot, this will counter any loss of xp from a high level pawn.

Top Bottom