• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Anteater

after remaking my pawn like 25 times, I decided with a generic one (one on the left)
367500_2016-01-23_0000io0w.jpg

OGRE DROPKICK! I lol'd so fucking hard

l0NwM5z5zrpJ7EcPC.gif

Its all fun and games until you get beamed from the other side of the room with a drop kick, lol. Yo pawn went flying though

Cammy was like "Whelp, I'm out of a job. PEACE. "

You know what, I never even noticed what she was doing, lol

Is it better to use physical or physical/magick weapons with mk? I'm assuming the latter because great cannon scales off both.

yea, weapons with physical and magic attack properties usually deal more damage than those without magick. Im not sure how it scales with the magick cannon, but I do notice it does more damage with a higher damage weapon. I usually just add the physical and magick damage for the pure damage that weapon is capable of doing.

Echoplx

Yeah, I guess I'm done with this game. I'm stuck at
Grigori
with pawns that can't get anything done, and a sub-class (Mystic Knight) that I can't use to any effect. I just spent 45 minutes on a single attempt and best I could do was cut the boss down to about 40%. My attacks don't do shit, the pawns attacks never connect and I'm stuck trying to scour the arena for any curatives I possible, punctuated by attempts to bring the health down by dragging my ass across the sole weak-spot with light attacks. The only ranged spell at my disposal is Great Cannon, and that doesn't connect ever, and even when it does, it does no damage. Mounted weapons? Same deal.

I'm not going to knock the difficulty down. But at the same time, I can't do shit about any of this now since I can't get out of the space. I have no idea how I actually managed to have a good time with this fight on my first playthrough on PS3.

I just beat him with mystic knight. Get all dark buffs and spam great cannons. He didn't even touch me.

KR_remix

I just got these kunai at the Souflayer Canyon, should I keep my scalding razors? I'm not sure if it is a lot better than having a fire enchanted weapon against all the undead I have been fighting lately, and getting the fire affinity can be annoying when my sorc doesn't cast it or a pawn overrides it with another affinity.

edit: also when the hell am I finally gonna get a better longbow :'( Not a huge fan of the loot progression in this game so far.

kanuuna

I just beat him with mystic knight. Get all dark buffs and spam great cannons. He didn't even touch me.

I have nothing Dark related. My pawns (two casters, one melee) don't either.
Seeing as Easy Mode only affects damage taken, I don't see how I'm going to beat this boss without losing my sanity in the progress at this point, even if I were to go the 'dropping the difficulty route'. I'm fucked.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Did you get one previously? If so there is a trick to keeping it forever and copying it =S

I had one but I had something in the black cat already and it took multiple days, which I hadnt encountered before. So it ended up dead.

Echoplx

I have nothing Dark related. My pawns (two casters, one melee) don't either.
Seeing as Easy Mode only affects damage taken, I don't see how I'm going to beat this boss without losing my sanity in the progress at this point, even if I were to go the 'dropping the difficulty route'. I'm fucked.

Load the last checkpoint and get some dark buffs? Pain in the ass but shouldn't take too long.

Sarcasm

if you have one you can just rest for 4 days and it should be back to being good, I have one but I haven't even done off with its head yet, so I can't make forgeries.

Is it giftable? I can't even get the item yet because I need to finish the quest Lost and Found (which I have) and then Talent in bloom, which is in stage 3 (as I am about to go to stage 2)..while off with its head is stage 1.

KR_remix

This game is cruel, right after I looted those daggers I got a short bow and magic bow from the same area but not longbow :/ I'm thinking I may just switch classes, I was enjoying ranger but all the loot I get is for other classes.

Fasty

Man, this game has ruined elder scrolls for me i cant even enjoy that game any more. The combat of dragons dogma just...............geezus......just make every game played after it such a drag.

Same. After putting in 400+ hours into DD on PS3, I thought I'd go back to my 300+hr Skyrim save. Apparently I'd last saved just before a battle, and I had a bow equipped. After a minute or so of woefully clumsy combat, I literally laughed, turned it off and haven't been back.

silva1991

I'm so excited to NOT miss Ur Dragon this time around.

I just hope I'm not too op for it.

oh and I can't wait to throw Aelinore to her death. I can't believe the game made her my lover even tho I didn't care for her and purposely missed her last quest.

Dizzy-4U

Feels horrible man, I was so hyped for my pawn. I mean he's pretty kickass and helpful unlike a lot of pawns I've hired.
Don't take it too personal. I think that if your pawn dissapears from the party (petrified/certain attacks by some bosses/etc), it returns with a 3 star rating because the person didn't have the chance to send it back by himself. He didn't put the 3 stars himself (unless there is a comment or a gift present).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Don't take it too personal. I think that if your pawn dissapears from the party (petrified/certain attacks by some bosses/etc), it returns with a 3 star rating because the person didn't have the chance to send it back by himself. He didn't put the 3 stars himself (unless there is a comment or a gift present).

Also 3 stars is the default and i bet a lot (most?) people are lazy and just leave it like that

Overside

Banned
This game is cruel, right after I looted those daggers I got a short bow and magic bow from the same area but not longbow :/ I'm thinking I may just switch classes, I was enjoying ranger but all the loot I get is for other classes.

Long bows are on the more rare side im afraid.

Go ahead and switch classes for a while. Youll probably have some nice skills to carry over to your ranger when you are ready to be the best vocation again.

I'm so excited to NOT miss Ur Dragon this time around.

I just hope I'm not too op for it.

OP?
online Ur literally has billions of HP, you can't kill it by yourself, and even if you hacked a save and gave yourself millions of damage per hit, it has a server side damage cap and returns all damage when the cap is reached as null anyway.

Anteater

only thing I don't like about my warrior pawn is that she tend to grab smaller enemies but I don't usually like changing inclination through items that much, she's doing good enough damage on bigger boss, just gotta work with her.

I released a lvl22 mage pawn so I could update her and gift her the new weapon, went back to the rift to rehire her

and see that she's already lvl47

feels bad man

KR_remix

Long bows are on the more rare side im afraid.

Go ahead and switch classes for a while. Youll probably have some nice skills to carry over to your ranger when you are ready to be the best vocation again.

Ya, I'm thinking I'll go back to strider or play warrior for a while since I usually play fighters in rpgs.

Seyavesh

the real burn is getting your pawn back with 3 stars across the board and a gift of 'unremarkable ore'/no comment

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
First time I killed the Devilfire Gorge drake: Epic battle that took from sun down to sun up

Second time: Much faster battle, but still a good chunk of time spent knocking him down and whittling his HP away

Third time: he died in literally less than 20 seconds...

I was expecting Almace + Great Canon + Ruinous Sigil to make the fight a lot easier than the struggle my last couple attempts were, where I came much less prepared, but I was definitely not expecting him to job that hard. Holy shit.

I need to find more dragonkin to kill. I'm feeling myself atm.

KingKong

I looked up the loot behind the moonbeam doors and it all seems kind of meh.

Am I missing something? Im using that fancy set from the dlc (lvl 3, dragonforged) and the two dragon weapons and I havent found anything close to that to upgrade in everfall or bitterblack so far

Landford

Banned
I have an 8320 and 970 and I'm running 1440p/60FPS, so.... Of course mine's overclocked. Try turning down draw distance, see what happens.

My gpu is far less powerful than yours, but my CPU is at stock settings. Will OC it a little bit and turn down draw distance, lets see what i can get. Thanks, bro!

Just started the dlc and got wrecked by some big ogre thing chained to a wall

I'm at the exact same part and I swear it took me about 30 minutes of firing arrows (on top of all the other stuff my pawns were doing) to kill it.

ddda_2016_01_23_13_23_32_by_realghostvids-d9oybbs.jpg

Every time I looked down to get some stamina back some one or two (or three) pawns would be down and I'd have to do a loop of the room to get them all back on their feet.

I'm at the exact same part and I swear it took me about 30 minutes of firing arrows (on top of all the other stuff my pawns were doing) to kill it.

Every time I looked down to get some stamina back some one or two (or three) pawns would be down and I'd have to do a loop of the room to get them all back on their feet.

Yeah...that is the bastard lol. So much HP and same here...pawns were dropping every couple seconds....haven't gotten past him yet.

Got to level 70 and I'm just absolutely tearing it up at the end of the game with my Assassin. I'm planning on clearing out every level and then heading on over to Bitterblack. I had no idea a properly augmented Assassin could do so much damage with Dire Gouge. Shit is crazy.

DasFool

Ran into a glitch with this guy where he would face the opposite exit and only perform his stomp attack. Needless to say, it was satisfying to finally take him down but also somewhat underwhelming because it feels like cheating. I'll probably go back.

jonjonaug

Got to level 70 and I'm just absolutely tearing it up at the end of the game with my Assassin. I'm planning on clearing out every level and then heading on over to Bitterblack. I had no idea a properly augmented Assassin could do so much damage with Dire Gouge. Shit is crazy.

It's even more ridiculous when you come back to the Everfall with level 2 or level 3 fully upgraded Bitterblack weapons and have leveled up even more. The Wyrm and Wyvern just go down in one application of Dire Gouge. It's amazing.

Top Bottom