• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Man, at night with the magic archer light spell thing is so super useful.

Also works great in caves and gives off a few minutes of light.

Varna

Anyone have any ENB they would like to recommend? Just looking for something that enhances the visuals without going to crazy. I tried the Resonant one and the bloom in the day light was way too much.

Got to level 70 and I'm just absolutely tearing it up at the end of the game with my Assassin. I'm planning on clearing out every level and then heading on over to Bitterblack. I had no idea a properly augmented Assassin could do so much damage with Dire Gouge. Shit is crazy.
And you don't even have the ring from BBI that upgrades Dire Gouge, or the BBI augment that boosts your strength when clinging to a monster. :eek:

And you don't even have the ring from BBI that upgrades Dire Gouge, or the BBI augment that boosts your strength when clinging to a monster. :eek:

So I feel pretty overpowered. Can BBI really be so tough as to still be hard for beefed up characters? I was told it was crazy even when the overpowered kids went in upon the original expansion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just checked the moonbeam doors loot and if the wiki isnt outdated (like it is for when some augments unlock in vocations), then I don't really want any of it. I guess ill get the lantern ring, and the shield so I have a shield ready for my fighter / mystic knight when I go to new game+?

Edit: how do you get the rings that augment skills, and which magick archer skill gets augmented? Ricochet pls?

Just beat BBI at level 67...now gotta go back through against post daimon.

The real fun starts now.

I got 2 duplicate mage BBI level 3 staves and 2 duplicate BBI level 2 fighter boots.
26k9Td7.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just beat BBI at level 67...now gotta go back through against post daimon.

The real fun starts now.

I got 2 duplicate mage BBI level 3 staves and 2 duplicate BBI level 2 fighter boots.
26k9Td7.gif

Should have saved and reloaded. Loot is fixed so it was always going to be those 2 staves and 2 fighters boots. You should have gotten 1 staff and 1 boots (or none if you didnt want them), changed vocation on you and your pawn to something else, and then purify the secind item

Ogawa-san

Found out today about the staff that makes your pawn revive automagically every time. It's super old though, so I wonder how many people will pass on my pawn because of its low magick (even though the stat is irrelevant for support mages).

Anyone in dire need of RC? I might go farm Daimon for a while and I don't really need exp or pawns to help with damage, so I can take some low level ones.

Edit: how do you get the rings that augment skills, and which magick archer skill gets augmented? Ricochet pls?
The most important: Sixfold Bolt becomes Ninefold Bolt. It's as OP as it sounds.

You get those rings by purifying Bitterblack Gear Lv. 1/2/3. Lv3 can come with two upgraded skills, like the one I found with shadowshakle+immolation upgrade.

Rhaknar

Found out today about the staff that makes your pawn revive automagically every time. It's super old though, so I wonder how many people will pass on my pawn because of its low magick (even though the stat is irrelevant for support mages).

Anyone in dire need of RC? I might go farm Daimon for a while and I don't really need exp or pawns to help with damage, so I can take some low level ones.

The most important: Sixfold Bolt becomes Ninefold Bolt. It's as OP as it sounds.

You get those rings by purifying Bitterblack Gear Lv. 1/2/3. Lv3 can come with two upgraded skills, like the one I found with shadowshakle+immolation upgrade.

Sixfold is good too, one of my mains. Neat.

Overside

Banned
I'm at the exact same part and I swear it took me about 30 minutes of firing arrows (on top of all the other stuff my pawns were doing) to kill it.

ddda_2016_01_23_13_23_32_by_realghostvids-d9oybbs.jpg

Every time I looked down to get some stamina back some one or two (or three) pawns would be down and I'd have to do a loop of the room to get them all back on their feet.

My great gamble can one shot these XD.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
So I feel pretty overpowered. Can BBI really be so tough as to still be hard for beefed up characters? I was told it was crazy even when the overpowered kids went in upon the original expansion.
I was pretty overlevelled in post game too and the beginning of BBI was relatively easy, but it has a rather steep increase in difficulty so yeah, I'd wager it'll still be tough for your character. Unless you somehow levelled to level 150 or some shit in the main game.

Frozone

The ENB series has dramatically improved this games' visuals. I'm very happy about that!

1 thing that bothers me though: the glow around light sources. Is there anyway to turn this off but retain all the other settings? The glow is just way too much.

DasFool

The ENB series has dramatically improved this games' visuals. I'm very happy about that!

1 thing that bothers me though: the glow around light sources. Is there anyway to turn this off but retain all the other settings? The glow is just way too much.

There is an option in ENB called debanding. I forgot what category it's under but it'll give you what you want.

Should have saved and reloaded. Loot is fixed so it was always going to be those 2 staves and 2 fighters boots. You should have gotten 1 staff and 1 boots (or none if you didnt want them), changed vocation on you and your pawn to something else, and then purify the secind item

The boots were needed for both of us. Staves not so much.

Steel

Banned

Actually, you can clear a few rooms in BBI at a pretty low level. The thing is, it gets harder.

Ullus

Try this, I use the lite version and it's great. You can actually see things at night now.

Sarcasm

How does the pawn inclination potions work? Is it like this? Say you want to change all three:

A = First
B = Second
C = Third

X = Potion 1
Y = Potion 2
Z = Potion 3

I drink Potion Z, then potion Y, than potion X and my inclinations should be A, B and then C?

The progression isn't too hard, I'm close to the end now at level 68. The thing is there are plenty of enemies scattered around that you have no business fighting with maybe double or more health bars than the stuff you see out in Gransys. After killing a dragon in BBI I went and checked out the one in Devilfire Grove. Killed it in one mount in about 20s. The Cursed one in BBI took 20 minutes, a farm worth of healing items and multiple wakestones. My weapons did no visible damage in that fight either.

I don't care how strong you are pre NG+, BBI will find a way to fuck you up.

gergstep

Neo Member
Finally decided to give rusted daggers a shot playing an assassin... WOW! What a difference it makes in boss fights, I feel like I'm cheating using them though :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Took out my first Chimera! That was a blast. Just hit level 22 and am trying to finally make some progress. I just got to some fort to look for a book?

I got a couple question regarding switching vocations, is it advisable to first get my starter vocation maxed and then move to a new one? Also what would be a good one to switch to from Fighter if I'm not really wanting to use a shield anymore?

Mesoian

Alright, I'm getting frustrated.

My pawns are idiots. They are literally doing little else than running around me in circles while I fight. They don't take shots, they don't cast spells, or if they do they cancel them ever 3 seconds. It's getting really god damn annoying dying in BBI because one of them decides they want to go on a walk and not rejoin the battle.

Anteater

I got a couple question regarding switching vocations, is it advisable to first get my starter vocation maxed and then move to a new one? Also what would be a good one to switch to from Fighter if I'm not really wanting to use a shield anymore?

Only if you have an augment you want from your starter vocation, for fighter you'd probably want to get sinew before switching

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Augments

You can do sword/bow or daggers/bow assassin if you want to stick to melee but want to ditch the shield (but still have the choice to equip a shield if you want)

void666

Banned

My pawns are idiots. They are literally doing little else than running around me in circles while I fight. They don't take shots, they don't cast spells, or if they do they cancel them ever 3 seconds. It's getting really god damn annoying dying in BBI because one of them decides they want to go on a walk and not rejoin the battle.

You should read about inclinations. My pawn used to be useless. I read a guide, gave her some potions and now she is pretty good.
Also when you rent pawns, check their inclinations.

Rhaknar

Gonna have a crack at nu-BBI with Noray and Renzo's monster pawns and see how big the xp hit is when I get home from work.

Also, I was suggested to not use a mage anymore and just go with another dps because at this point the mage heals arent doing much. Is that a common strat?

Only if you have an augment you want from your starter vocation, for fighter you'd probably want to get sinew before switching

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Augments

You can do sword/bow or daggers/bow assassin if you want to stick to melee but want to ditch the shield (but still have the choice to equip a shield if you want)

Assassin looks cool, I'll probably go with that, unless something changes and I want to mess with the shield, then I'll go Mystic Knight because that looks insane.

Hey guys
So I picked up the game a couple of days ago and have about 7 hours played so far
Just past the part where
you go into the dungeon beneath gran soren and run away from the serpents
. Playing a strider but everything seems to have an inordinate amount of health and kills me & my pawns in a couple of hits. I've enhanced both my daggers and bow once but it doesn't seem to have had much of an effect. Is the game meant to be this hard?

Rhaknar

Hey guys
So I picked up the game a couple of days ago and have about 7 hours played so far
Just past the part where
. Playing a strider but everything seems to have an inordinate amount of health and kills me & my pawns in a couple of hits. I've enhanced both my daggers and bow once but it doesn't seem to have had much of an effect. Is the game meant to be this hard?

Sounds to me like you didnt do many sidequests and just followed the main story and are probably underleveled

Steel

Banned
Hey guys
Just past the part where

You need a mage pawn with fire boon/affinity. Like, really, if you aren't doing fire damage in that place you're not gonna do damage.

Sounds to me like you didnt do many sidequests and just followed the main story and are probably underleveled

I'm currently level 19 and exploring the map to the west of Gran Soren. Tried to do the ancient quarry but the monster in there would have taken literally 10 to 15 minutes to kill

ike_

The warrior skill Audacity which "makes it harder for enemies to knock you off your feet while charging an attack" definitely makes it harder for enemies to knock you off your feet while charging an attack.

I6rJBnx.gif

I think I finally figured out how to play a warrior.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Finally decided to give rusted daggers a shot playing an assassin... WOW! What a difference it makes in boss fights, I feel like I'm cheating using them though :p
Hmm I never bothered with this because I figured the damage would be too low. Am I wrong then?

Or do you just need to switch between daggers after inflicting torpor, and then switch again when it expires to re-proc it? Sounds like a hassle.

Fix your inclinations, yo
Or read my FAQ in the OT ;)

silva1991

The warrior skill Audacity which "makes it harder for enemies to knock you off your feet while charging an attack" definitely makes it harder for enemies to knock you off your feet while charging an attack.

I really need to equip audacity and try arc of deliverance for once

I6rJBnx.gif

Eventually you won't need audacity because of high knockdown/stagger resistance gear, but yeah :].

Hmm I never bothered with this because I figured the damage would be too low. Am I wrong then?

Or do you just need to switch between daggers after inflicting torpor, and then switch again when it expires to re-proc it? Sounds like a hassle.

Fix your inclinations, yo
Or read my FAQ in the OT ;)

I ran regular daggers plus a rusted bow on my Assassin back in the day. Definitely broken.

ExoSoul

Banned
Romance/Spoilerish question:
I choose to romance mercedes, and basically before her duel quest she was blushing with the sound. Now I've finished the quest letting her fight and she had the pink aura around her. Did I made it? because now she has left.
Also, is the romance conclusion (whatever you choose) at the very end of the game or some pre-end part?
If I finish the main story can I continue with my character in the DLC content?

Just make sure not to romance anyone else:
In the case of two love interests the one you last spoke to is the one who gets picked as your fated one.

OGRE DROPKICK! I lol'd so fucking hard

l0NwM5z5zrpJ7EcPC.gif

And that's why you nver fight in that area.

Top Bottom