• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

These super-powered monsters in BBI from the stench of death are absolutely savage.

Finished the fight against this super ogre after 8 or so tries. Ran away from a dragon. >_>

There was that Ox monster too, whom I had to tactically beat. Would've been simpler if my pawns could be tactical and didn't go so close to him like the ogre. Had to revive them too much and step out of my comfort zone.

I'm a level 59 assassin and I feel like changing to something else. I hardly do much damage and the friend mage pawns deal the most damage.

Or maybe I should change my sword skills? Currently using burst strike, clairvoyance and Intimate gambit

ike_

Eventually you won't need audacity because of high knockdown/stagger resistance gear, but yeah :].

That'll be nice. Yeah and the Wiki says Audacity doesn't even affect Arc of Deliverance. Weird, I've been knocked off my feet plenty of times charging that attack. Good to know.

Hard mode applies to BBI too right? Still getting one-shot by the Drake in Devilfire Grove despite being level 50 plus and it's really getting annoying. Especially since I can pretty much take him on and do a ton of damage.

Contemplating switching to normal but I'm not sure if I should. Hard mode doesn't seem like it was particular tuned very well. The health and stamina modifiers are getting irritating at this point.

Welp after some farming and dragon slaying in BBI i'm kinda happy with my current gear (except the clothing)

8CC69747B7C3152C597B79C1EAE31FD4DFA3936E

I got a couple question regarding switching vocations, is it advisable to first get my starter vocation maxed and then move to a new one? Also what would be a good one to switch to from Fighter if I'm not really wanting to use a shield anymore?

you can change anytime you gwant again... maybe later in the game you wanna max out your starter vocation and you can change without issues... for what to select, ill go with warrior or strider, or mage if you want to cast spells

Echoplx

Hmm I never bothered with this because I figured the damage would be too low. Am I wrong then?

Or do you just need to switch between daggers after inflicting torpor, and then switch again when it expires to re-proc it? Sounds like a hassle.

Fix your inclinations, yo
Or read my FAQ in the OT ;)

If you don't use your bow much I found having that purely as a torpor inflictor can be pretty effective and a lot less tedious.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I killed a wyvern. Then I got a quest to kill a wyvern. Now I can't kill a wyvern again. I can FIND a wyvern. That's no problem. But no matter what I do I can't get its attention and it just sits there flying around in circles above me. It's even out of bow range.

Tried some of the DLC area today too and I got to that giant cyclops. Fought it for about 5 minutes using Cannon/Sigils and barely did any damage to it. Just gave up after a while due to boredom.

Akiller

If i change Class and then come back to it(Magick archer) Will i have to start over unlocking dagger,Magic arrow and Magic skills again?

When I first got this game I was under the impression it was mostly fighting huge monsters but after 10 hours I have only fought a bunch of cyclopses a griffin and that lion, goat snake in the tutorial.

Is this format of run a lot, kill tons of fodder, eventually fight a big thing the same throughout the game?

The combat is fairly fun for the most part when fighting the big monsters but on the small mobs its all a but mashy and getting a bit on the boring side.

I've been at it 20+ hours. Large monsters get more common the farther you get from Gran Soren, far as I can see. At least out in the wild; dunno about dungeons.

Go West and die like a hero!
Closest thing to mercedes' cloak is the lordly cloak, it's an everfall drop.

Thank you!

Right now, I've been doing a lot of running around back and forth to Gran Soren. I'm looking forward to more lengthy dungeon-running, at this point.

I've been at it 20+ hours. Large monsters get more common the farther you get from Gran Soren, far as I can see. At least out in the wild; dunno about dungeons.

Go West and die like a hero!

Thank you!

Right now, I've been doing a lot of running around back and forth to Gran Soren. I'm looking forward to more lengthy dungeon-running, at this point.

Be warned though, it's pretty rare, I think I've only had 3 of them drop in 500 hours, though I was never really hunting for it either.
Best way to get it is to save scum right in front of a chest that has a chance to drop it (save, open chest, check what's inside, kill yourself).
So when you get to it, just look up the cloak on the wiki to see where it exactly has a chance of dropping.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oi Reizo

your warrior pawn shows as level infinite for me >_>

Be warned though, it's pretty rare, I think I've only had 3 of them drop in 500 hours, though I was never really hunting for it either.
Best way to get it is to save scum right in front of a chest that has a chance to drop it (save, open chest, check what's inside, kill yourself).
So when you get to it, just look up the cloak on the wiki to see where it exactly has a chance of dropping.

Farming for loot in Everfall in this way is easily the worst part of the game. It takes so much time. Basically out of all of the chests in the Everfall, and there are a lot, maybe a third to a half have a chance to contain some kind of unique loot. The majority will never have anything interesting. There is no visible difference between chests that are worth opening and chests that will never give you anything better than a normal healing item you can find anywhere. So the only thing you can do is have a FAQ or a wiki open in front of you.

Then, once you find a chest that has an item that you might want, next you have to find the actual chamber it's in. If you've been to the Everfall you know the reason why this can be extremely frustrating to even get where you want to go.

Once you finally find yourself in front of your target chest, it's not even close to over. It's not like the chest is guaranteed to give you what you want. Nope, each chest has it's own loot table, and even for the chests that can hold something good, it will be an extremely low drop rate. Like 3-8%. 90% of the time you'll still just get a healing item or a wakestone or something. So you kill yourself, rinse, repeat. Aggravating.

Luckily BBI loot outclasses the Everfall loot, and even contains a good portion of the Everfall loot, in ways that are much easier to collect. And much much more fun than save scumming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im not sure how nerfed the xp is tbh, like these first saurien are giving me 950ish, which is low

but im also killing them with 1 ricochet, so im not sure how much more thye would give me anyway if they are dying from 1 ricochet

i need a big mob / boss to have a better idea. also, high level pawns still die real nice against death, and your stupid warrior doesnt even hit her Reizo! :p

edit: reloaded and got some pawns my level, and yeah, its a huge xp nerf. meh, thats a shame :/

edit: did some more testing, the nerf seems to be about 45%, almost half. The dragon that now shows up in the garden only gave me 36k xp (I saved before at least) and the gain in speed wasnt that good, at least on this particular boss. Most of the dmg was coming from my ice shots tbh. Deffo going back for lvl appropriate pawns, sorry Noray / Reizo :(

Beat Daimon. Wat? That was legit easiest fight on BBI.

I jumped on his face and slashed the shit out of it. Thanks to adhesion he only managed to get me off once. Whole thing was maybe two minutes ;_;

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Beat Daimon. Wat? That was legit easiest fight on BBI.

I jumped on his face and slashed the shit out of it. Thanks to adhesion he only managed to get me off once. Whole thing was maybe two minutes ;_;

The True BBI Experience starts here. Daimon's True Form is a different story.

Shengar

Utilitarian-Challenger-Mitigator inclination is really powerful. My pawn always ride cyclops back to make them take off their own helmet and always successful. The Pawn AI could be both amazingly stupid and brilliant at the same time, really surprising.

dreamfall

Ohhhh man. UR Dragon offline on Normal completed, and I don't think I'm ever doing that again. Only level 51, I'm assuming Bitterblack Isle is way worse and I'm totally underleveled. Sheeeesh, that was a multi-tiered grueling battle - I brought so many potions, but no Wakestones so I just kept making it harder for myself.

As a Strider, with only the wings left as weak spots- having no blast arrows was a severe problem! So glad it is over.

Rhaknar

Ohhhh man. UR Dragon offline on Normal completed, and I don't think I'm ever doing that again. Only level 51, I'm assuming Bitterblack Isle is way worse and I'm totally underleveled. Sheeeesh, that was a multi-tiered grueling battle - I brought so many potions, but no Wakestones so I just kept making it harder for myself.

As a Strider, with only the wings left as weak spots- having no blast arrows was a severe problem! So glad it is over.

I went to BBI at 42, you are not underleveled at all. finished at 71 for the record, used those xp boost items on a couple of bosses

The True BBI Experience starts here. Daimon's True Form is a different story.

Oh nice. Yeah I was surprised at how much of a pushover that was.

Is this game d'un as a dex character, such ad an archer?

What do you definte as d'un exactly? They're incredibly flexible and can do flips, fire a multitude of arrows at once, go invisible, cast haste and move around like Fry 200 coffees deep, shoot shit from across the map, cancel animations for no reason. Oddly they're the strongest melee class if that's the direction you wanna head in.

dreamfall

I went to BBI at 42, you are not underleveled at all. finished at 71 for the record, used those xp boost items on a couple of bosses

Ooooeeee alright- definitely feel like I'm just going to wander and clear out some Board quests before entering hard areas again! Thanks for letting me know!

Ferr986

Thanks whoever hired my pawn, got a bunch of RC! :)

Gottay say I forgot about pawn inclinations till I read someone here talk about it and wow my pawn was fucked. No wonder no one hired her :/

duppolo

Oh nice. Yeah I was surprised at how much of a pushover that was.

What do you definte as d'un exactly? They're incredibly flexible and can do flips, fire a multitude of arrows at once, go invisible, cast haste and move around like Fry 200 coffees deep, shoot shit from across the map, cancel animations for no reason. Oddly they're the strongest melee class if that's the direction you wanna head in.

Thanks, i mean fun but my italian phone always fuck with me thanks to autocorrection

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the story, game told me if I load my save it'll take me to NG+. If I select Hard mode from main menu now, is it just NG+ but on Hard?

Indignate

Just finished the story, game told me if I load my save it'll take me to NG+. If I select Hard mode from main menu now, is it just NG+ but on Hard?

Going through hard mode will already retain your levels, inventory, etc. regradless of when you choose to do it, but I think starting a NG+ and then switching to hard mode will keep the NG+ status going (retaining shop equipment, the Ur-Dragon riftstone, whatever else).

Thanks, i mean fun but my italian phone always fuck with me thanks to autocorrection

No problem. Just messing with you. They're pretty flexible like I said and depending on if you favour more close range you've got the option to go assassin which is a melee powerhouse or you've got ranger which can do some serious damage too. Both are pretty good at the other's specialty so there's no need to feel boxed into a playstyle depending on your choice

Ceebs

Just finished the main game, and on to post game stuff!

Grigori was a pain in the ass as a fighter. Would grab me every time I made it to the heart. Was not exactly hard, but it was super frustrating and annoying.

Top Bottom