• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Nah the game is very clear about "this is the point of no return", just switch the game to offline mode on ng+ at that point.

This only works on NG+ because it's story/lore related.

Nah the game is very clear about "this is the point of no return", just switch the game to offline mode on ng+ at that point.

Yeah honestly it's clear when you're about to lose out on quests because you're progressing so I'm always astounded when people say they didn't know taking on X would cancel all their other quests.

What's better than one Waluigi? Three Waluigis:

kpnuwn.png

Was hauling ass in the Rift like:

egpvcy.gif

They're one and the same pawn duplicated, and I believe it happened because of the Hydra fight I had prior. It ended up swallowing the hired pawn as I failed to save him in time, but if these are the consequences, I should let it happen more often!

JimPanzer

I'm a bit tired of BBI for now, think I might start a new char. How do I back-up my save? It's possible, no?

Also, what would be a good route for Magic Knight? Start as Mage and switch to MK asap?

no luck at all with BBI gear :( should I just farm the spot with the large amount of chests behind the door after the tower in the second stratum?

The left ornate chest on the right side of the arena in "Black Abbey" has level 2 BBI weapons. Save before opening and, if you don't get what you want, jump off the cliff.

Same with the ornate chest behind the barred door at the bottom floor of that tower with the succubi (lvl 2 armor), and the one in the passage filled with spiders near the Gore Cyclops in the area immediately after that (lvl 2 armor).

Run through there, portcrystal to Cassardis and wait 4 days, repeat. Get used to purifying three of the same piece of armor because the RNG hates you, but also realize that the RNG generates a set list beforehand that makes manipulating the results through save-scumming impossible.

Beat Daimon
round 2
. So is there anything left to do? Collect level 3 gear? I feel pretty OP already but I'm hideous.

Hard Mode? That, or wait for cool mods that randomize enemy placement.

Just loaded up for the day, I go to an inn and I see 1m RC waiting for me, among the list I see someone spent 700k RC on my pawn...like why? Why spend that much for a healer/buffer mage?

What's better than one Waluigi? Three Waluigis:

kpnuwn.png

Was hauling ass in the Rift like:

egpvcy.gif

They're one and the same pawn duplicated, and I believe it happened because of the Hydra fight I had prior. It ended up swallowing the hired pawn as I failed to save him in time, but if these are the consequences, I should let it happen more often!

I still only see Kylo Ren

Echoplx

Why am I not able to do any damage to the offline urdragon? I'm playing mystic knight using the tactic in the wiki (perfect parry the furur) and I can see thousands of balls hitting him but not doing any damage, even my normal attacks aren't damaging him.

What makes no sense is that I was damaging him before, I got him down to 3 bars but now I can't seem to do anything even after popping consumables.

Venfayth

Why am I not able to do any damage to the offline urdragon? I'm playing mystic knight using the tactic in the wiki (perfect parry the furur) and I can see thousands of balls hitting him but not doing any damage, even my normal attacks aren't damaging him.

What makes no sense is that I was damaging him before, I got him down to 3 bars but now I can't seem to do anything even after popping consumables.

When you hit the dragon, watch for the blood spatter. Pink blood means you're doing damage. Gray blood means you're not doing damage. Brown blood means you've already killed the heart in that area.

ParityBit

So I just started and I bought some equipment and decked it out the best I could. I got to a split in the road and started heading towards
Vestad Hills
. I am getting pummeled by the
bandits. Mainly the guys with a sword and shield.
I am playing a level 12 Stryder and have a 12 Mage Pawn along with Rook. Any advice? Am I just going the wrong way for now or am I just playing wrong?

I am kinda lost so I am just following quests from the boards ....

Echoplx

When you hit the dragon, watch for the blood spatter. Pink blood means you're doing damage. Gray blood means you're not doing damage. Brown blood means you've already killed the heart in that area.

My tactic revolves around spamming great cannon. I don't really have the ability to control where they hit

Lanrutcon

My tactic revolves around spamming great cannon. I don't really have the ability to control where they hit

Then you won't be able to kill the Ur Dragon. You have to hit his weakspots. Once a weakspot has taken enough damage, it deactivates and doesn't count anymore. To kill you have to take all the weakspots down, and some are in majorly awkward positions.

I don't think people recommend MK for Ur Dragon fights. I suggest you swap vocations, or start climbing him after your cannon stops working.

draetenth

I saw someone post a list of the best inclinations for each vocation, any help finding it again?

So I just started and I bought some equipment and decked it out the best I could. I got to a split in the road and started heading towards
Vestad Hills
. I am getting pummeled by the
bandits. Mainly the guys with a sword and shield.
I am playing a level 12 Stryder and have a 12 Mage Pawn along with Rook. Any advice? Am I just going the wrong way for now or am I just playing wrong?

I am kinda lost so I am just following quests from the boards ....

Those are the Bandits to the left after the Encampment up a long hill, correct? Run from them, especially at your level. I just fought them with a full party around level 25 and they were still challenging.

If you run along the hill to the left as soon as you reach the bandits at the top, you will arrive in the Witchwood where there is an easily misable quest and the enemies are much easier (just wolves during the day).

You can also make the trek at night and the bandits should be replaced by large groups of wolves, but then you fight phanoms (or was it phantasms?) at night in the witchwood.

Also, you are level 12? Get rid of Rook and grab two other pawns. You can have a party of four (you, your main pawn, and two rented pawns). The rented pawns such as Rook don't level so you should be getting new pawns every couple of levels or so.

ParityBit

Those are the Bandits to the left after the Encampment up a long hill, correct? Run from them, especially at your level. I just fought them with a full party around level 25 and they were still challenging.

If you run along the hill to the left as soon as you reach the bandits at the top, you will arrive in the Witchwood where there is an easily misable quest and the enemies are much easier (just wolves during the day).

You can also make the trek at night and the bandits should be replaced by large groups of wolves, but then you fight phanoms (or was it phantasms?) at night in the witchwood.

Also, you are level 12? Get rid of Rook and grab two other pawns. You can have a party of four (you, your main pawn, and two rented pawns). The rented pawns such as Rook don't level so you should be getting new pawns every couple of levels or so.

Thanks! That is good info.

How do I get rid of Rook and replace him? I could not afford any of the ones from inside the stone. No idea how you get that much money for that!

The pawn thing is not really well explained.

silva1991

dragons-dogma.jpg

is this mother fucker supposed to be stronger than Daimon?

not only he one shots my party members, but also I'm pretty sure he healed himself

Frozone

Is there a way to set a portal in the current place you are in, port to town and then port back to that place? I have the unlimited portal stone, but I have to walk back to the place where I was adventuring.. very annoying.

Lanrutcon

dragons-dogma.jpg

is this mother fucker supposed to be stronger than Daimon?

not only he one shots my party members, but also I'm pretty sure he healed himself

Death has 2 attacks. The one he puts you into a peaceful slumber. The other kills you and your pawns instantly.

But he's slow, and predicable. Just don't slip and bring your biggest guns.

draetenth

Thanks! That is good info.

How do I get rid of Rook and replace him? I could not afford any of the ones from inside the stone. No idea how you get that much money for that!

The pawn thing is not really well explained.

Talk to Rook inside the Rift Stone. You should see the option to release him. After that, open up the Rift Stone again (while inside) and you can search for pawns by level. Any pawns that are your level or lower are free as are any pawns on your friend's list (no matter what level those are). Pawns that are higher level than you and aren't on your friends list cost Rift Crystals (the higher the level, the higher the cost).

The pawns you see wandering around are usually just a selection of the pawns you can choose from.

silva1991

Death has 2 attacks. The one he puts you into a peaceful slumber. The other kills you and your pawns instantly.

But he's slow, and predicable. Just don't slip and bring your biggest guns.

I think I'll leave him and fight him later.

where can I get lv 3 weapons before Daimon?

jonjonaug

Oh speaking of Death, neat thing I found out about him 1 or 2 days ago:
His second fixed spawn on the 1st loop of BBI has him spawn just next to the bridge, instead of over it. If you pelt him with blast arrows fast enough he'll get knocked over and fall to his death.

JimPanzer

Is there a way to set a portal in the current place you are in, port to town and then port back to that place? I have the unlimited portal stone, but I have to walk back to the place where I was adventuring.. very annoying.

port crystals do exactly that. you'll get them eventually.

Ogawa-san

I'm pretty much done with bitterblack purifiables altogether, except the elusive Blasphemer's Cloak - which is needed for the 13 fabled items quest. Did anyone manage to get it?

Not even sure why I want the quest reward... Why 500 extra stam when I run around carrying 100 mushrooms anyway?
His second fixed spawn on the 1st loop of BBI has him spawn just next to the bridge, instead of over it. If you pelt him with blast arrows fast enough he'll get knocked over and fall to his death.
But... but the loot...

Durante

I implemented some more fine-grained control on how AO is injected in GeDoSaTo.

Here it is in one of the areas which was most broken with the previous AO injection behaviour:
ao_comparisona9j5t.jpg

2 AO/no AO comparisons:

Best place to fight him is
in the pitch-black sewers of the 3rd sanctum, he will always spawn there on your first run of BBI. Since it's in tight quarters, go Magick Archer and spam demon's periapts + ricochet bolt. You can easily get him in a knockdown loop by doing that and if he does manage to disappear, just exit and re-enter and he'll be there.

Also, jesus christ, using ENB makes the game so absurdly dark. I can't see shit when I'm in caves without a lamp. Same with any place at night, where I can only see a couple of feet in front of me clearly and everything else is hyper dark.

Sound more like your brightness is too high, yes ENB does some wonky shit with contrast, but you shouldn't be able to see anything if there isn't a light source, that's the entire point of the lantern; turn your brightness down.

draetenth

I went through the bandits and met the witch when I was around level 10. While I did go in, I don't remember getting a sidequest. The witch just gave generic dialogue.
Where is the sidequest starter exactly?

The quest is Lost and Found - from the wiki:

This quest is first mentioned by Elvar upon leaving The Encampment after completing the quest A Rude Awakening. This however does not start the quest itself. In order to activate the quest, travel to Cassardis and speak with Chief Adaro.

The quest will fail if you do the second main quest in Gran Soren.

Note, if you are already in the Witchwood, you can leave through an exit near the Witch's hut and come out right by Cassardis so you don't need to backtrack.

Top Bottom