• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

JimPanzer

Oh no, now that I know that it is supposed to be that way and dungeons and whatnot are built around that, I don't want to lose it. It would make the lantern obsolete otherwise.
I don't like resonant ENB because I just don't like how it looks. Also the occasional weird artifact and whatnot.

still, try wickfut, dark stays dark, but it looks different. Or you could just use gedosato for AO and some other stuff and up the resolution, ENB hits performance pretty hard.

Echoplx

Then you won't be able to kill the Ur Dragon. You have to hit his weakspots. Once a weakspot has taken enough damage, it deactivates and doesn't count anymore. To kill you have to take all the weakspots down, and some are in majorly awkward positions.

I don't think people recommend MK for Ur Dragon fights. I suggest you swap vocations, or start climbing him after your cannon stops working.

Yeah Ok just finished him off with assassin, I love playing MK so much though so it kinda sucks :p

I implemented some more fine-grained control on how AO is injected in GeDoSaTo.

Here it is in one of the areas which was most broken with the previous AO injection behaviour:
http://abload.de/img/ao_comparisona9j5t.jpg

2 AO/no AO comparisons:

What settings would you recommend for the AO?

Wired

How do you even enable AO in GeDoSaTo? I've not managed to figure that out, and haven't had the energy to ask before now

also, can you disable the vignette through it or do I need to use ENBs?

void666

Banned
Oh no, now that I know that it is supposed to be that way and dungeons and whatnot are built around that, I don't want to lose it. It would make the lantern obsolete otherwise.
I don't like resonant ENB because I just don't like how it looks. Also the occasional weird artifact and whatnot. Still, I'll look into wickfut, thank you.

I vouch for wickfut too. Don't know about v298 but v297 is perfect. Not too dark. Subtle dof.
It's definetely worth a try.

and not "everything is pitch-black outside of the small area around you". No problem, that's cool.

5x22aX5.gif

Yeah that looks about right, though I'm still seeing vague objects when you turn your lantern off, which is not the case for me. It's just pitch black. I'm fine with it, really. I just didn't know whether it was working as intended.

Hmm what objects are you seeing exactly? you shouldn't be able to see the mushrooms for instance, if you do I think your monitor itself might be set too bright.

Had played some... 100 levels pretty much all as assassin

purified bbi wep 3, got the longbow. Well ok then, lets fool around with the ranger. Uses the same gear anyway

Find death
equip blast arrows
pop 2 conq peri

tenfold stunloop until death in less than 30sec

Daimon p2, which was always annoying due to that freaking immolate of his
aim at torso
tenfold flurry
again
stun *wait what, he CAN be stunned?*
spam tenfold
stunlock to great justice, no conqs, no nothing, just staminal drenches

dies in about a minute, having lifted not a finger

WELL THEN!

living armors became a pita to deal with tho. damn pawn keeps enchanting ice even with 2 stars of knowledge
One super final question:
To those who've put plenty of time into both... Controller or MKB?

MkB controls are so well implemented that i really haven't missed the gamepad at all, and i'd already played DA to completion on the ps3.

Yes but look at this shit

I doubt this is what it's supposed to look like. That being said, this is under the well.

Don't mind the DLC armor. I'm just trying them out. I don't think they look good.

Yeah ENB crushes blacks something fierce, and the day shots look way too bright, I don't like/use it myself.

ParityBit

Talk to Rook inside the Rift Stone. You should see the option to release him. After that, open up the Rift Stone again (while inside) and you can search for pawns by level. Any pawns that are your level or lower are free as are any pawns on your friend's list (no matter what level those are). Pawns that are higher level than you and aren't on your friends list cost Rift Crystals (the higher the level, the higher the cost).

The pawns you see wandering around are usually just a selection of the pawns you can choose from.

How do I get some friend pawns? I do not have any on my list who play. And how do I get people to use my pawn?

Lanrutcon

How do I get some friend pawns? I do not have any on my list who play. And how do I get people to use my pawn?

Link your steam ID, and we'll add you.

As for getting people to use your pawn: A witty name, some fashion sense, decent gear & abilities. Please god don't dress your pawn in DLC outfits.

DooMAGE

Also, jesus christ, using (resonant) ENB makes the game so absurdly dark. I can't see shit when I'm in caves without a lamp. Same with any place at night, where I can only see a couple of feet in front of me clearly and everything else is hyper dark. Anyone have a better preset they could recommend to me?

Every ENB preset why used make the things worse, DoF, cobtrast and stuff, until someone in this thread recomended this: http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/35/?

Gambit61

Whoa, something weird just happened. I summoned a great cannon with my MK, but then something caused it to rapid fire nonstop for like 15 seconds. Completely wiped out the last bar of the Chimera I was fighting. Anyone know what could have caused that? Maybe one of those Mage/Sorcerer close range spells that hit anything close to them?

Corpekata

Banned
Most ENBs aren't great during the darker moments. I ditched the one I was using when I went to post game / BBI because I felt like I needed the lamp like all the time since it's always at least overcast. Looked great otherwise though.

Ryne

For Ur Dragon, is there a point where it is just unbeatable online?

I want some of the gear, but at this rate I won't get there until I finish the game in june.

Most ENBs aren't great during the darker moments. I ditched the one I was using when I went to post game / BBI because I felt like I needed the lamp like all the time since it's always at least overcast. Looked great otherwise though.

So use the lamp? It consumes oil at a snail's pace (which is very slow, snails hate eating oil) and you're showered with oil bottles all the time.

Lanrutcon

For Ur Dragon, is there a point where it is just unbeatable online?

I want some of the gear, but at this rate I won't get there until I finish the game in june.

Nah, but it becomes more of an asshole as time goes by. Also remember: the player base is strong atm resulting in quick kills. 9 months from now it'll take a lot longer to drop him.

Overside

Banned
With all this talk about lanterns, I just wanted to point out there are ways to extend the lanterns light radius, like skills, or different lanterns like the elite lantern.

And if you really want to stick it to the darkness, it stacks.

My current ENB settings are bright as hell during the day, which is just the way I like it (I would have made it brighter but it ruins night time). The nights are a bit darker then vanilla but still roughly the same.

I can't go back to vanilla anymore. I've put in too much time into the console versions to suffer through that.

Nah, but it becomes more of an asshole as time goes by. Also remember: the player base is strong atm resulting in quick kills. 9 months from now it'll take a lot longer to drop him.

You know what's also great, when it glitches out.
I remember Ur-dragon gen 30 on x360, the "nightmare" gen. I fought it for 7 hours straight, after that I never fought Ur again.

DooMAGE

That's why I use the Enhanced Vanilla ENB.

Overside

Banned
Just got the third armor piece with health regen. They seem to stack as those numbers are moving like hell now. :p

They do stack, and if you have the skill sanctuary, which makes you take dramatically less damage when low on health, you basically become immortal as enemies can't damage you faster than you heal.

They do stack, and if you have the skill sanctuary, which makes you take dramatically less damage when low on health, you basically become immortal as enemies can't damage you faster than you heal.

Definitely gonna try sanctuary then. I love "game breaking" combinations although I usually decide to drop them to not make everything boring but it's fun for a while.

Ogawa-san

I remember Ur-dragon gen 30 on x360, the "nightmare" gen. I fought it for 7 hours straight, after that I never fought Ur again.
Is there a good reason to do it more than the 10 times it takes to get max rewards once it dies?

I mean, I wouldn't mind going all out to help kill it faster, but it boils down to climbing and hacking a single heart for 10min at time and that's just not fun.

Definitely gonna try sanctuary then. I love "game breaking" combinations although I usually decide to drop them to not make everything boring but it's fun for a while.
Some enemies will always keep it "fun". As a lv ∞ ranger at 3700-ish health a living armor still can two-shot me, probably even with those skills.

Is there a good reason to do it more than the 10 times it takes to get max rewards once it dies?

I mean, I wouldn't mind going all out to help kill it faster, but it boils down to climbing and hacking a single heart for 10min at time and that's just not fun.

Some enemies will always keep it "fun". As a lv ∞ ranger at 3700-ish health a living armor still can two-shot me, probably even with those skills.

10 times? 10 times is just so you get some rewards if you miss the kill, you literally only have to get in there once on grace to get max rewards.

And no I just did it for fun and gave away lots of the online only rewards, but after the nightmare I quit.

Drogean

I am creating an inventory of where textures are if anyone has experiencing unpacking these .arc files and wants to make environmental texture replacements Here

pMHcfF2.jpg

Indignate

Just loaded up for the day, I go to an inn and I see 1m RC waiting for me, among the list I see someone spent 700k RC on my pawn...like why? Why spend that much for a healer/buffer mage?

RC is basically translated experience points since your pawn can't level with other people. They didn't spend that much on your pawn (most likely they didn't spend anything, I believe RC you spend on a hire just disappears into the ether anyways), they just kept your pawn around for lots of fun activities.

Ogawa-san

10 times? 10 times is just so you get some rewards if you miss the kill, you literally only have to get in there once on grace to get max rewards.

And no I just did it for fun and gave away lots of the online only rewards, but after the nightmare I quit.
Last time it was killed was thursday 21th, yesterday it had four and a half bars, yet I barely made it today. So I just assume I'll always miss the kill, the consolation prize is my max reward.

Just beat the first run of BBI... Man, I really need to take a break from this game for a bit. I tried to dive back in immediately and felt absolutely no drive to go through the dungeons again. I'm not necessarily loot-crazed but I would definitely like to finish the DLC's story.

I think I might switch from Assassin to Ranger on my second BBI run.

Regarding inclinations for a sorcerer I found Scather can cause issues for playstyle when it gets high. Basically the pawn gets to close or tries to climb. Perhaps it will get better with the bestiary getting filled out but I like Champion, Mitigator, and Utilitarian as the top 3 in some order.

Scather also has a habit of climbing up the inclination list on its own so I supress it with potions from time to time.

wickfut

Banned
I don't like resonant ENB because I just don't like how it looks. Also the occasional weird artifact and whatnot. Still, I'll look into wickfut, thank you.

I'd wait. I was about to release a proper v298 update but then Boris updated his .dll file once more and I got another 300 parameters to play with.. This may take some time.

Try the v297 and see if you like my low contrast look as it seems to be a marmite type thing were people either like it or hate it.

BrbvcI.jpg

Moaradin

Will the quest Bad Business max out Madeline if you did all you can to help her on that quest? They don't let you talk to her after you finish it. Don't want her to become beloved lol. I never gave her an idol if that says anything.

Moff

I'm now at the quest final battle
I am not 100% sure what the best way to proceed is
I definitely want to do the addon before NG+
I am level 41
is it worth it to do the quest after the addon to get the dragonforged gear for addon armor?
can I accidentaly start the NG+?

ezekial45

Banned
I am level 41
is it worth it to do the quest after the addon to get the dragonforged gear for addon armor?

Be more specific. Are you about to fight the dragon? Or are you past that.

I am level 41

Why though? You can go straight from NG+ into BBI, just finish the game and then go do BBI.

Top Bottom