• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Ferr986

Gotta be bugged, then. There should be quests for killing succubi, snowy saurians, Archydra, etc.

Strange.

Hmm I got the Archhydra one in Frontier Caverns, but not those for killing the small monsters. The notice boards in both the Encampment and the Pawn Guild have been empty for a while. Oh well.

Same, Hydra and Gorechimera is all I got.

Sucks because the smaller mobs one actually gave a lot of money and could do with some more cash, but wel I guess I'll get rich on BBI anyways.

I guess it's time to move to NG+, there's nothing more for me here withouth these quests (I already killed the new Drakes just for fun and fuck Everfall when you have BBI).

Really? Man. :/

I guess I'll start up the BBI stuff and wrap up the story later.

Yeah you restart the story, but you carry over every item/skill/etc.

You also keep your port-crystals. So on your next play-through you can warp all over Gransys and finish the main-quest in less than an hour.

I guess it's time to move to NG+, there's nothing more for me here withouth these quests (I already killed the new Drakes just for fun and fuck Everfall when you have BBI).

IMO: Everfall is more consistent if you're looking for cash. Wakestones are worth a pretty penny and you'll load up on them.
Better yet, kill the Ur-Dragon (offline) and you'll get 20+ stones along with whatever his dozen or so weakpoints cough up.

Lanrutcon

I don't know about "funnest", or "best at very specific encounters", but I swear Magick Archer went from mostly zero in vanilla to hero in DA. It can deal with pretty much anything, and can cheese so hard in hallways.

No vocation clears BBI like an MA. I love tossing about the overworld as a Ranger or Strider. But BBI? god no. I kill Eliminators in 2 shots, Silver/Gold Knights never get anywhere near me and I've never actually let an Elder Ogre live long enough to do anything but cower. Amazing class for reaping dungeons.

Plus fashion Dogma is a breeze when you can wear caster and rogue gear at the same time :D

undu

Is this guy bugged? Can't make him to land, he always flies still, then goes upwards until he despawns.

20606995BAF7863CA6A597C2106FED4F639C193D

(North of Gran Soren)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Is this guy bugged? Can't make him to land, he always flies still, then goes upwards until he despawns.

20606995BAF7863CA6A597C2106FED4F639C193D
Is that the Wyvern near Conquest Road/Windbluff Tower? He was bugged for me too, yesterday. He appeared briefly and I dealt some damage, then he flew away and just hovered above the sea forever. Don't know what's up with that.

Ferr986

IMO: Everfall is more consistent if you're looking for cash. Wakestones are worth a pretty penny and you'll load up on them.
Better yet, kill the Ur-Dragon (offline) and you'll get 20+ stones along with whatever his dozen or so weakpoints cough up.

Well yeah, but I maybe it's better to jump on NG+ and have the Ur Dragon teleport in Cassardis beach anyways. Rest of Everfall is not very fun IMO :/

Really? Man. :/

I guess I'll start up the BBI stuff and wrap up the story later.

Ugh, don't do this people, the story in BBI makes no fucking sense unless you've finished the game, BBI was always meant for NG+ players.
Just finish the game, load your NG+ save, get your pawn at the encampment and go to BBI.

The more I see these posts, the more I wish capcom would've just locked it.

Is that the Wyvern near Conquest Road/Windbluff Tower? He was bugged for me too, yesterday. He appeared briefly and I dealt some damage, then he flew away and just hovered above the sea forever. Don't know what's up with that.

Right, happened to me as well the other day. The music is still on but the wyrm just won't come back after flying off. Reloaded the save a couple times to make sure that it's either intended or bugged.

Lux R7

Killed di Ur-Dragon, killing blow. Went to pick up the items, found dwells, lustrous and many other things. Two seconds before i can save my game, laptop crashes. Lost everything.

aO9nso.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Killed di Ur-Dragon, killing blow. Went to pick up the items, found dwells, lustrous and many other things. Two seconds before i can save my game, laptop crashes. Lost everything.

aO9nso.gif
Shit. :(

Wait does this mean another grace period is up? Tempted to get on a quick dragonforging spree...

Ryne

Stumbled across the Signs of Valor, so nice in the early game. I still haven't done
everfall part 1
yet

Whoever had Shelia as their pawn, you done good. Well, mostly.

When I reacquired her at level 57, she just kept trying to scale the Ur-Dragon... lol.

Sarcasm

So what is the best way of debanding? GeDoSaTo doesn't seem to autostart no matter what I do. I been using ENB..some old preset which works but that is v295 lol

So what is the best way of debanding? GeDoSaTo doesn't seem to autostart no matter what I do. I been using ENB..some old preset which works but that is v295 lol

Enhanced Vanilla ENB is the way to go, or Wickfut lite version. They're constantly updated, now at 299 ENB version.

Decided to swap gear with my sorcerer pawn, gave him my ranger stuff. Dude is challenger=>scather=> utilitarian so shoulda been fine.

I don't even know what's more annoying, finally realizing how ridiculously powerful a sorcerer that doesn't cancel casts to move half a milimiter is, or noticing how terrible even a properly configured AI can be.

wyrmkilling became slow af tho. gotta get the hang of these focused bolts (and also learn how to consistently self-buff)

Not being able to Alt+Tab out without the game pausing is a huge bummer.

How else am I supposed to idle farm all of that DCP?
Without cheating, obviously.

I'm probably going to play as Assassin but I wanted to know which vocation(s) has the fastest attacks in the game?

stryder i guess...it depended , some people will argue and say mistic knight (cannon skill)
but stryder and assassin can wield daggers which is the fastest.

edit:
Assassin has haste... So Assassin.
This also ^

Magic archer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2M1_vd2lJY
Stryder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL-EooJ86wY
Fighter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9uqdGhT408

Decided to swap gear with my sorcerer pawn, gave him my ranger stuff. Dude is challenger=>scather=> utilitarian so shoulda been fine.

I don't even know what's more annoying, finally realizing how ridiculously powerful a sorcerer that doesn't cancel casts to move half a milimiter is, or noticing how terrible even a properly configured AI can be.

wyrmkilling became slow af tho. gotta get the hang of these focused bolts (and also learn how to consistently self-buff)

there are items and augments which reduce casting time...hence I never rented random pawns, only pawns of friend who knew how to properly set up a pawn with the right gear/skills/augments.

jonjonaug

where can i get some sour ambrosial meat for mah boy valmiro

There's one in a breakable crate in the quarry, look it up on Youtube. Otherwise you need to get lucky with a drop from certain large beasts, VERY lucky as a drop from Oxen (it's like a 1% chance), or fight the Ur Dragon which can drop sour and rotten meat as you break its hearts.

Any suggestions on the best way to approach "Pride Before a Fall"?

Is the Magick Shield worth it if I'm playing as a Mystic Knight? I'm guessing there's probably a lot better ones...

If it isn't worth it, I guess the best thing to do is just watch the duel play out?

Also, does the love interest matter for anything other than just showing up in cutscenes?

Is the Magick Shield worth it if I'm playing as a Mystic Knight? I'm guessing there's probably a lot better ones...

If it isn't worth it, I guess the best thing to do is just watch the duel play out?

Also, does the love interest matter for anything other than just showing up in cutscenes?

There are better weapons than what the dragon will give you,
I would be more worried about dragon forged stuff ( but for looks) I feel that the best looking sword is the dragons dogma sword (IMO)

Love interest wont matter much...but some people like the idea of having a certain character be at the arisen house (for example) maddeline could sell stuff to you right in your house.

dreamfall

Well, just got through Daimon for the first time- I definitely had some trouble with actually doing damage, some of these bosses it felt like I was way too weak (around 68). I couldn't even touch the boss encounter right before it, maybe my daggers were too weak. The funniest thing happened where I double jumped to the side of a ledge to just blast arrow away, and he followed and fell off the ledge for massive damage. It was a bit of luck, and definitely was a glitch- but I paid for it with the final fight. Wooooeeeeee.

I'm guessing the second loop around the place is wickedly difficult, so maybe I won't stumble in there just yet.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hmm, seems like the
Cursed Dragon
(pre-
Daimon
) doesn't respawn in the Pilgrim's Gauntlet? I ran away the first time 'cause I couldn't even scratch it, now I wanted to try again but no dice, even after dropping some rancid bait. Oh well...

I can't hurt ur dragon at all

he seems much harder than Daimon.
Online or offline?

There are better shields, yes.

Yeah I guess so unless you care about the romance option.
If you want to romance Julien you
have to kill him (yeah, I know) and use a Wakestone to revive him
. If not, watch the duel play out. Mercedes
will live regardless (the reward and dialogue changes if you helped her or not)
, so if you want to romance her you can give her the Arisen's Bond then.

Not really, it's just story/cut scenes and some dialogue in post-game. No impact gameplay wise unless you romanced a vendor, in which case you can be SOL 'cause
they move in your house in Cassardis
and you can't use their services anymore AFAIK. xD Edit: hmm does Madeleine still sell stuff? I remember people complaining they had accidentally romanced
the blacksmith or the inkeep and then they couldn't upgrade stuff or change vocation anymore (pre-BBI this was true) lol...

Hmm I got the Archhydra one in Frontier Caverns, but not those for killing the small monsters. The notice boards in both the Encampment and the Pawn Guild have been empty for a while. Oh well.

Nah, the Archydra contract is on the Pawn Guild notice board. Frontier Caverns is the regular hydra.

where can i get some sour ambrosial meat for mah boy valmiro

Griffins can drop some and there is some to be found in the quarry shortcut - enter from the north and head to the second pressure switch, there should be some crates nearby that hold some of the meat.

Or if you have regular Ambrosial Meat, just keep it on you until it sours. Julien also gives you 5 (maybe 10?) sours ambrosials for completing the Stone of the North quest you get and telling him the exact amount of supplies to send (two weeks worth).

there are items and augments which reduce casting time...hence I never rented random pawns, only pawns of friend who knew how to properly set up a pawn with the right gear/skills/augments.

Yeah, i already got the wyrmking's ring and all the proper core skills. Just a drastic change in playstyle and having to deal with the autoaim. Used to just running, grabbing and stabbitystab.

High Fulmination, tho.

Hmm, seems like the
Cursed Dragon
(pre-
Daimon
) doesn't respawn in the Pilgrim's Gauntlet? I ran away the first time 'cause I couldn't even scratch it, now I wanted to try again but no dice, even after dropping some rancid bait. Oh well...

Drop the bait in Duskmoon tower.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I'm also using a laptop which is one of the issues apparently. I mean it's not a big deal at all, once I found out what the issue was it takes like 10 seconds - just annoying.
It'd be better to figure out why you have to delete it in the first place since that seems rather unusual but you could just write a .bat file that first deletes the config and then starts the .exe for Dragon's Dogma.

Dungeons are pretty good in this game. Much more unique than in most open-world RPGs. I heard the expansion is 100% dungeon fun time so that's neat.

Anyway, every once in a while a griffon will swoop down to fuck my shit up and kill some NPCs before fucking off. I almost killed the fucker before he flew away. Will it come back in the same health it was before or did I miss that particular chance? Are these griffon encounters random chance?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Do you have a ton of notice board quests piled up? You can only have so many at a time from each one. So if you have like Slay 40 rabbits bullshit it'll show up when you clear some of them.
Not that many, no. I think I have some BS about slaying oxen still remaining. Guess I'll have to go out of my way to slaughter poor cattle or something.

Those I still have are the alehouse requests, actually. Collecting 10 Gran Soren rubbles, collecting 10 kept great fish (ugh, even duping at the Black Cat makes this tedious).

Yeah, i already got the wyrmking's ring and all the proper core skills. Just a drastic change in playstyle and having to deal with the autoaim. Used to just running, grabbing and stabbitystab.
I think you quoted the wrong person here, that wasn't me.

Drop the bait in Duskmoon tower.
Pre-
Daimon
, not post. Isn't Duskmoon
completely safe pre-Daimon
?

KarmaCow

I'm not quite sure what to do about the second boss in BBI. I guess I'm just under-geared because it takes about 10 minutes to get one health bar down, but I'm not sure where else I'm supposed to go to get better gear for my Assassin. Plus the guy that enhances gear in BBI that used to be right after the first boss seems to gone somewhere else, though I haven't checked his first spot again.

Alright, will I eventually come across a pilgrim's charm for Valmiro? And without spoiling anything, how does the Nameless Terror quest trigger?

jonjonaug

Alright, will I eventually come across a pilgrim's charm for Valmiro? And without spoiling anything, how does the Nameless Terror quest trigger?

You can buy them off of Fournival for a bunch of money, they're pretty rare otherwise. Nameless Terror triggers by talking to a guard right outside the south gate of Gran Soren.

KingKong

I'm not quite sure what to do about the second boss in BBI. I guess I'm just under-geared because it takes about 10 minutes to get one health bar down, but I'm not sure where else I'm supposed to go to get better gear for my Assassin. Plus the guy that enhances gear in BBI that used to be right after the first boss seems to gone somewhere else, though I haven't checked his first spot again.

the guy with the dragon? just keep attacking the dragon, he'll get knocked out and then you can do massive damage to him. took me 2-3 times but I wasnt using any potions

Thanks and yep I wish there was a mod that would remove it from appearing on screenshots.

I had to use the photo tool to rotate it a bit and hide my character who would have actually been taking up 30% of the screen.

The very first mod I downloaded for this game was the mod that did just that. On the day of dogmas release, the mod to disable the watermarks was out.

Top Bottom