• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Right-click the desktop shortcut and click on "Open file location" (or something like that), it should take you to the directory where the executable is located.

i have no such option.
if i check properties it gives me a path but the end of said path is the desktop icon itself aka desktop

i found you you son of a bitch!
i guess setting as an icon upon initial download screws with that path setup?
it was somewhere else entirely.

So i did it.
Really....simple.
Dat gorgeous resonant ENB.
Plus no weight and stamina limit
Any good texture mods out there to go with it?

ParityBit

Ugh.
Grigori is hard. I think I am at the last part, but I keep dying. Most of the damage is done by my pawns and it just takes forever!
Any advice? Or do I just keep trying, kinda frustrating.

draetenth

Ugh.
Grigori is hard. I think I am at the last part, but I keep dying. Most of the damage is done by my pawns and it just takes forever!
Any advice? Or do I just keep trying, kinda frustrating.

What's your:

vocation
level
weapons
skills

???

^

Are you also attacking the heart? He's strong to Holy (only 50% damage) or Fire (only 20%). Use Ice or Lightning (100%) or Dark (his weakness - 130% damage).

Are you having trouble with him on the ground or when he flies off to the top of the ruins and shoots fireballs at you?

I thought he also got predictable (though I've fought him a bunch of times). Take the time to observe him from a distance until you understand his attack patterns.

Exentryk

Perfect Block + Blessed Riposte = RIP Cursed Dragon

giphy.gif

Full video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilug1wkALxk

ParityBit

What's your:

vocation
level
weapons
skills

???

^

Are you also attacking the heart? He's strong to Holy (only 50% damage) or Fire (only 20%). Use Ice or Lightning (100%) or Dark (his weakness - 130% damage).

Are you having trouble with him on the ground or when he flies off to the top of the ruins and shoots fireballs at you?

I thought he also got predictable (though I've fought him a bunch of times). Take the time to observe him from a distance until you understand his attack patterns.

So I was able to do it finally. I mostly ran around and let my pawns do the dirty work. I always feel so under powered compared to them. I am a level 53, fully ranked Magic Archer

draetenth

So I was able to do it finally. I mostly ran around and let my pawns do the dirty work. I always feel so under powered compared to them. I am a level 53, fully ranked Magic Archer

Congrats!

TBH, I was always underwhelmed by the Magic Archer outside of Ur-Dragon (Hunter Bolt) and BBI (Sixfold/Ninefold Bolt, Richochet Seeker/Hunter, and Explosive Rivet/Volley - I never used daggers so I can't comment on those skills). However, because of enemy weaknesses and tiny corridors, Magic Archer is very deadly in BBI. IMO, only the Strider, Ranger, and Sorcerer felt like they compared to the Magic Archer in BBI to me.

Not that I'm saying to change your class or anything (play what you find is fun), just that it's why you might feel under powered compared to your pawns.

jahasaja

It's not about HP, it's about defense. With enough strength you can destroy any boss in seconds but if your strength is a bit low you'll barely scratch it. A small increase in strength can mean a big increase in damage output. If you're having trouble with a certain boss then bring a stack of conquerers periapts, they increase strength by 20% each and you can use 4 at a time for a 107% buff which can easily quadruple your damage output against an enemy with high defense.

And you obviously want all the strength increasing augments as well.

Thanks, i got him in the end. Really fun fight felt like a Souls game.

Tambini

After the Griffin quest I became overencumbered all of a sudden after being at like 20.00 before. My inventory is hardly full and there's nothing massive in there bringing it up, is this a debuff or a glitch??

edit: fixed it by unequipping and reequipping my armor..weird!

ParityBit

Congrats!

TBH, I was always underwhelmed by the Magic Archer outside of Ur-Dragon (Hunter Bolt) and BBI (Sixfold/Ninefold Bolt, Richochet Seeker/Hunter, and Explosive Rivet/Volley - I never used daggers so I can't comment on those skills). However, because of enemy weaknesses and tiny corridors, Magic Archer is very deadly in BBI. IMO, only the Strider, Ranger, and Sorcerer felt like they compared to the Magic Archer in BBI to me.

Not that I'm saying to change your class or anything (play what you find is fun), just that it's why you might feel under powered compared to your pawns.

Interesting. I have a maxed Ranger, Assassin, Magic Archer and Strider. I alike them, just not sure which is good enough.

Exentryk

I wanted to do a MK/block-all-the-things playthrough, but rebuffing every 30s got old really fast. Even with cheats, it'd still spend more time buffing than fighting.

Yeah, that's fair. I mostly only have Blessed Riposte up pretty much all the time. That lasts a long time, and is fairly quick to cast as well. Other stuff does takes ages tho, like Blessed Trance, Abyssal Anguish. That stuff is quite powerful, so they had to balance it as such.

Edit: Changed Luna to a Strider for a while.

ParityBit

So if I were to try to change vocation from and archer type to a melee, would it still work okay? I seem to feel like all the armor and weapons would weigh me down to the point I would be over encumbered.

I am in
post game and feel very weak. I just killed the dragon so I am just starting that part of the game.

ParityBit

I am thinking of changing vocations to try a fighter type. What is the best way to go about it when post
Dragon
. I probably have some random crap in storage. I hate to leave all my upgraded stuff!

I beat the game a while ago and started new game+, after reaching Grand Soren I immediately went to try Bitterblack Isle for the first time and while I enjoyed it a lot (better than main game) I reached a point or a room that completely stumped me (I also stopped playing because XCOM 2 got released at the time). Its a room in the forgotten halls that has 3 sorcerers, couple of harpies and 2 of those giant cyclopses and I get completely destroyed no matter how many times I try, I came back after finishing xcom and I still don't know what to do because even when I kill the sorcerers and harpies I barely mange to take 1/10th of the one of those cyclopses before getting wrecked.

Am I doing something wrong or did I miss some other path that I should be taking and come back to this one later ?

Mastperf

Remember to use Magic Rebalancer with the Magic Archer against tough enemies. Casting it 4 times will double your magic attack power and increase you magic defense. Any pawn that walks through it gets the same boost.

I beat the game a while ago and started new game+, after reaching Grand Soren I immediately went to try Bitterblack Isle for the first time and while I enjoyed it a lot (better than main game) I reached a point or a room that completely stumped me (I also stopped playing because XCOM 2 got released at the time). Its a room in the forgotten halls that has 3 sorcerers, couple of harpies and 2 of those giant cyclopses and I get completely destroyed no matter how many times I try, I came back after finishing xcom and I still don't know what to do because even when I kill the sorcerers and harpies I barely mange to take 1/10th of the one of those cyclopses before getting wrecked.

Am I doing something wrong or did I miss some other path that I should be taking and come back to this one later ?
No, you're on the right path. You can skip the condemn gorecyclops if its your first time there. Just keep going and you'll run into the Bloodless Stockade.

draetenth

So if I were to try to change vocation from and archer type to a melee, would it still work okay? I seem to feel like all the armor and weapons would weigh me down to the point I would be over encumbered.

I am in
post game and feel very weak. I just killed the dragon so I am just starting that part of the game.

Have you complete the quest "A Warm Welcome"? If you haven't, I suggest you do that quest before anything else (do not complete the next quest - to turn in 20 wakestones because that is the point of no return and finishes the game). This will let you unlock the very best way to rank up vocations:
slaughtering guards by the church

There should be a quest called "Keepers of the Ancient Flame" or something like that - it asks you to kill Geo Saurians at Moonsbit Pass (the path you took the Hydra Head along). The reward is Asura Armor. It's pretty crappy statwise, looks ugly, but it can be worn by any vocation and it doubles the DP you get so you can rank up faster.

I recommend getting a bunch of strong pawns (max level if possible) and jump on the wall near the church.
The guards can't hit you up here and your pawns can just slaughter them.
Easy DP gains - just do something else while it happens.

You want to at least get (if you don't already have them) Clout + Vehemence (from Fighter/Warrior the best augments to put on physical fighters) and Acuity + Attunement + Articulacy (Mage/Sorcerer, the best augments to put on magic fighters). This should help power up your character a bit.

This should help you play any vocation you wish. Just put Clout + Vehemence on as a Strider/Ranger/Assassin/Fighter/Ranger and Acuity + Attunement + Articulacy as a Magic Archer/Mage/Sorcerer (Ferocity is also good as it boosts your Focus Bolt which is perhaps the Sorcerer's best attack).

MK and people who have pretty balance attack/magic attack would probably benefit from all those at the same time - the MK because he does physical and magical damage (iirc it's something like 60% magical/40% physical) so every boost helps.

OTIX

I am thinking of changing vocations to try a fighter type. What is the best way to go about it when post
Dragon
. I probably have some random crap in storage. I hate to leave all my upgraded stuff!
In the late game it's very important that you have the right augments. For a physical damage dealer that means you need Clout from rank 9 Warrior and Vehemence from rank 9 Fighter to increase your strength, without these you will be dealing sub-par damage. For a magic damage dealing class like MA you need Acuity from rank 9 Sorcerer and Attunement from rank 9 Mage, you also want Articulacy from Sorcerer to reduce the cast time of magic skills. Bloodlust from Assassin is great for all characters and you should already have that.

The trick posted above is a good way to max out vocations to get augments if you don't want to play that vocation a bunch. There's no harm in trying out Fighter and Warrior for a while though, just buy the best weapons and armor Caxton has and upgrade them as far as you can. You'll be making tons of gold in the post-game anyway. Carry a bunch of conquerer's periapts if you need more strength against difficult enemies, you can use four at once, Fournival sells them.

Exentryk

and here i am with 130 hours in game, still afraid to go to the 3rd area of BBI pre-daimon :C

did you stay as sorcerer for like most of the game to get those stats?

I played as all of the vocations, but the majority of it was as a Mystic Knight. At the end, I just modded the stats to my preferred build. I keep changing builds to test various things. Currently, I'm using this build for a Mystic Knight - 722 Mag, 450 Atk.

for the last boss of BBI, does the trick still work?
blast arrow cheese.

Yes

ParityBit

Wow, thanks guys. I will try those things. All I know is I get pummeled by the wolves just running to the pass!

I also hate the darkness all the time. Makes it very hard to see myself dying.

draetenth

Wow, thanks guys. I will try those things. All I know is I get pummeled by the wolves just running to the pass!

I also hate the darkness all the time. Makes it very hard to see myself dying.

Those are the fire-breathing wolves, correct? IIRC, they are hellhounds. I'll be honest, I found them to be one of the most annoying monsters in the game because of how fast they are. They can dodge you, shoot a fireball at you to knock you down, and run up to drag you away in the blink of an eye.

Exentryk

Finished the game. The ending was... interesting.

Anyway, I'm done with the game. Really enjoyed my time with it. I hope this combat system gets used again in a single player game in the future.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Does anyone happen to have a base Blasphemer's Cloak they can equip their pawn with for a short while? I have one GDF'd but it won't count towards the Trappings of Evil quest, and I'm tired of farming Daimon. Curious if the pawn trick still works for this quest.

Does anyone happen to have a base Blasphemer's Cloak they can equip their pawn with for a short while? I have one GDF'd but it won't count towards the Trappings of Evil quest, and I'm tired of farming Daimon. Curious if the pawn trick still works for this quest.

Huh, could have sworn I did that with an upgraded cloak. The only quirk I found was I had to pull them all out of storage and put them in my inventory.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Huh, could have sworn I did that with an upgraded cloak. The only quirk I found was I had to pull them all out of storage and put them in my inventory.

Sadly, that hasn't worked for me. Others have reported needing every item in its base form for the quest to complete on PC (compared to console, where it didn't matter).

ParityBit

Those are the fire-breathing wolves, correct? IIRC, they are hellhounds. I'll be honest, I found them to be one of the most annoying monsters in the game because of how fast they are. They can dodge you, shoot a fireball at you to knock you down, and run up to drag you away in the blink of an eye.

While trying to leve the vocations as you mentioned against the guards, is it worth doing the same to my pawn? Or just keep it as is?

thx for the lv3 weapon itachi! my pawn loves her new sorc wep

EDIT: Just learned i can deposit categories of items into item box instead of doign it manually...sigh this game

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So uh,
got to the part where you have to collect 20 wakestones.
Holy crap, how much more of this game is there?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
So uh,
got to the part where you have to collect 20 wakestones.
Holy crap, how much more of this game is there?

You're very nearly at the end. You'll acquire those wakestones rather quickly in the Everfall.

Then it's off to Bitterblack Isle to double your playtime!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
At what point should you move from the
after game to the wake stones to BBI and NG+?
I would suggest the following:
As soon as you have plenty of wakestones (20 to deliver + a couple for emergency revivals, up to you how many that is), deliver them, see the ending, go to NG+, and enter BBI then.

Whenever I go to quests it never shows me the location on the map. The cursor sits on the "eradication site" and only moves for the "From a different sky" quests to their actual location.

Anyone got a fix? Anyone else encountering this bug? Because it's irritating as hell.

It's not a bug, most quests don't actually have a marker and will just show the last quest's or something.

Why does it even specify show on map then? Oh well.

Just been grinding bitter black isle. Topor is a game changer.

Those two wyverns in bitterblack isle got destroyed and helped me dragon forge plenty of gear. Love it!

Grinded different classes for strength buffs along with ranger for increased non elemental status effects and am weighing up between strider and warrior. Strider is more my cup of tea in terms of movement but you can't deny the damage of a warrior.

Such a great game.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Whenever I go to quests it never shows me the location on the map. The cursor sits on the "eradication site" and only moves for the "From a different sky" quests to their actual location.

Anyone got a fix? Anyone else encountering this bug? Because it's irritating as hell.

You'll probably answer "Duh!" but are you setting your desired quest as the priority? I think if you accept a new quest it won't automatically be recognized as the primary one, and so the map will continue to show the marker for the old one.

Top Bottom