• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

finally stopped holding off just running around BBI pre-daimon and not advancing the story and beat daimon twice. man thats a tough mofo.

i thought to myself "man ive pretty much memorized BBI just logging on to kill stuff. time for a change"

now BBI is littered with tough enemies and im pondering if that was such a good idea cause my stats arent exactly the best (im slightly ahead in magic, but not strong enough to do major dmg with stuff. my pawn who was stuck as a sorcerer for the past 40 lvls is hitting like a truck compared to me).

debating downloading one of those stat mods to have better stat growth cause im finally in the 100s.

ecosse_011172

I'm a complete beginner, have started as a Mage and have just formed my first party and can buy Staff Skills.
Should I buy all of them or are some recommended more than others?

question: does giving away bitterbalck item move the list down a notch or does it stay in the same spot but i have to find another item to keep going down the list?

i.e. i have 2 lvl 3 weapon bbi stones.

i can get a sword (which i already have) and then a staff (which i dont)

instead of wasting 25k RC having to purify the first lvl 3 stone to get the staff on the 2nd stone, can i gift/throw away the 1st stone and then purify the one i have left?

or will it still be the sword again, and i would have to hunt down another lvl 3 unpurified stone just to get the staff again?

Zeta Oni

I'm picking up a surface pro 4 this week and since Dragons Dogma is one my favorite games of all time, I was curious to see if it was possible to get up and running on it, even at low settings?

The i5 4gb version, fyi.

Thanks for any and all help.

mrsmr2

Finally got past Daimon part 2.

As a Strider, I alternated between climbing (very hard to stay on), focussing on brain splitter (really hard to make contact with the face even with soaring stone), and then climbing but trying to move around the body to avoid the lightning strikes (mixed success).

Kept getting it down to low health but the vortex(s) ultimately caught me out.

Finally went back with fracture dart, and only climbed when there was an opening. Took ages but actually wasn't too bad to stay alive in the end. With my pawn vortex'ed all the aggro was aimed at me, so no random fireballs, etc to catch me out. Fracture dart is fantastic for interrupting the vortex. And liquid vim for actually evading the vortex.

Luckily, I got Helmbarte Daggers when I went back to swap my skills so that was a nice upgrade over Dragon's Vein.

Absolutely fantastic game. I have 148 hrs now and I'm still going to keep playing. Not many games I can say that about.

I'll need to go back to open the moonbeam doors as I'd forgotten all about those. Ran into the two spawning Garms. I'd missed then in BBI post Daimon 1st form but they are back with a vengeance. They are lethal and hit far harder than anything I've met so far.

For achievements, how do I get 'Serpents' Bane'? I've killed the drakes, frost and thunder dragons, and cursed dragons. What else is there to kill?

Lanrutcon

Finally got past Daimon part 2.

As a Strider, I alternated between climbing (very hard to stay on), focussing on brain splitter (really hard to make contact with the face even with soaring stone), and then climbing but trying to move around the body to avoid the lightning strikes (mixed success).

Kept getting it down to low health but the vortex(s) ultimately caught me out.

Finally went back with fracture dart, and only climbed when there was an opening. Took ages but actually wasn't too bad to stay alive in the end. With my pawn vortex'ed all the aggro was aimed at me, so no random fireballs, etc to catch me out. Fracture dart is fantastic for interrupting the vortex. And liquid vim for actually evading the vortex.

Luckily, I got Helmbarte Daggers when I went back to swap my skills so that was a nice upgrade over Dragon's Vein.

Absolutely fantastic game. I have 148 hrs now and I'm still going to keep playing. Not many games I can say that about.

I'll need to go back to open the moonbeam doors as I'd forgotten all about those. Ran into the two spawning Garms. I'd missed then in BBI post Daimon 1st form but they are back with a vengeance. They are lethal and hit far harder than anything I've met so far.

For achievements, how do I get 'Serpents' Bane'? I've killed the drakes, frost and thunder dragons, and cursed dragons. What else is there to kill?

There are Drakes, Wyverns and Wyrms. Then there are Fire Drakes, Frost Wyrms and Lightning Wyverns. So that's 6 separate types of badguys.

The first 3 can be easily gotten in post game (Devilfire Grove, Watergod's Altar and Bluemoon Tower), and the last 3 can be fought inside BBI.

Zeta Oni

I'm picking up a surface pro 4 this week and since Dragons Dogma is one my favorite games of all time, I was curious to see if it was possible to get up and running on it, even at low settings?

The i5 4gb version, fyi.

Thanks for any and all help.
Quoting myself so that anyone who was slightly curious will have an answer

It runs.

Holy shit it actually runs.

Getting a performance a little better than consoles, at least so far.

Zeta Oni

woah nice. what kind of settings are you using and whats the average FPS?

Followed this guys settings:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8uwmKk7Gsyw

I'd say average 30 with some dips when there's alot going onscreen to the 20's.

Which, is still better than it was on 360.

Edit: Gots fraps up and running now, I'm getting 30-35 average, drops to high 20's when things start getting hairy (dragon breathing fire, heavy visual spells)

Edit2: Pretty consistent so far, made my character, fought the hydra, and am making my way to the city. Still seems like mostly 30 with the occasional drop.

damn that sucks.

steam doesnt save?

I deleted the local copy and it still had no valid save for me from the cloud. I suspect it got corrupted on some server somewhere with all the online features of the game.

Based on my readings my pawn is still up there; forever waiting for the call home that will never come.

I deleted the local copy and it still had no valid save for me from the cloud. I suspect it got corrupted on some server somewhere with all the online features of the game.

Based on my readings my pawn is still up there; forever waiting for the call home that will never come.
What's her name? I will come back to the game soon after Firewatch and will keep her company and let her know why you never come back.

The name is Rowena Ruby.

I did some reading and it looks like I can edit a new save file and add items and level with a trainer. And since I have not rested since the corruption the old character should still be on the server.

I just need someone to rent her before I create my new pawn and then release her afterwards and all the bestairy and personality stuff should transfer over.

I need to see if I still have those sheets with the appearence settings on it somewhere.

The name is Rowena Ruby.

I did some reading and it looks like I can edit a new save file and add items and level with a trainer. And since I have not rested since the corruption the old character should still be on the server.

I just need someone to rent her before I create my new pawn and then release her afterwards and all the bestairy and personality stuff should transfer over.

I need to see if I still have those sheets with the appearence settings on it somewhere.

oh damn rowena is on my favorites' list.

mrsmr2

What's a typical damage cap for the Ur-Dragon?

Did 13.3m damage and didn't get the accessing server message.
Annoying but nice to see I can do real damage now - after 148 hrs :)

Dr.Acula

Banned
Finally beat the stupid main-game dragon. Its first three health bars took a long time to deplete, then its next four disappeared before I could even notice. The post-game world is harsh!

ok lvl 186.

Main has

506 str
502 mag
357 def
383 m.def

i have 14 levels to work with. I tried to be a balanced character so i can switch b/w characters. I was thinking of going Mystic Knight the last 14 levels since its the most balanced or stick to sorcerer the whole way since i do like the magic archer route, and having more mag would be more beneficial as both a M.knight and M.archer.

in pursuit of specific weapons/armor and items. da struggle

DY4CLKv.jpg

Okay guys, I'm trying to do the quest "Arousing Suspicion" but in can't enter Aelinore's bedchamper because a guard is parked right in front of it lol:

And he doesn't move either. I also restarted from the last inn checkpoint and he's still there. What am I supposed to do? Nobody on the internet seems to have this problem with the quest.

edit: Nvm, had to talk to Mirabelle in the garden first. Now the guard is gone.

A-V-B

Hey, does anyone know if there's a chance for a Dragon's Dogma sequel? I'm getting into this game and really like it, and a sequel, if it focused on improving what DD is already good at, would be something awesomely special.

Hey, does anyone know if there's a chance for a Dragon's Dogma sequel? I'm getting into this game and really like it, and a sequel, if it focused on improving what DD is already good at, would be something awesomely special.

Back in January they said they were considering it. There's also Dragon's Dogma Online, but who knows if that'll ever come west.

A-V-B

Back in January they said they were considering it. There's also Dragon's Dogma Online, but who knows if that'll ever come west.

Like, an MMORPG? Hm. I wouldn't be too interested in that. I love Dragon's Dogma as a special single-player world. It fills a very particular niche in my heart.

So I handed the Gold Idol over to Madeleine (I forged it before to retain the discount at stores) in her quest but she hasn't upgraded her shop yet even though I slept in the inn twice. When can I buy the rare items? I gave her the real Gold Idol.

OTIX

So I handed the Gold Idol over to Madeleine (I forged it before to retain the discount at stores) in her quest but she hasn't upgraded her shop yet even though I slept in the inn twice. When can I buy the rare items? I gave her the real Gold Idol.
You need to be a certain level, I think it's 35 or so.

I'm merely level 51 and almost at the last boss on hard mode (almost done with
Deny Salvation
). I feel like I'm kinda lowly leveled but the game is still pretty easy. Will I have trouble with
The Dragon
? I haven't been to BBI yet.

Unai

I'm merely level 51 and almost at the last boss on hard mode (almost done with
Deny Salvation
). I feel like I'm kinda lowly leveled but the game is still pretty easy. Will I have trouble with
The Dragon
? I haven't been to BBI yet.

No, your level is high enough. People with higher level are usually after playing BBI or NG+.

Top Bottom