• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Done

brah

dragons-dogma-dragon-eats-590x332.jpg

Your true love's heart ;]

What program if any are you guys using to fix the massive stuttering and screen tearing issue?

GTX 970, Intel 5820k

I'm forcing triple buffering through Nvidia control panel, but it's not working.

Edit: Nevermind it's working now.

Alexm92

Watch out; unless valve fixed this glitch, your progress will reset if the app gets updated and you pause and resume afterwards. So if possible try to leave it running until it's finished or consider getting the game files from another source, place them appropriately and then verify them in steam. I sincerely feel your pain, I've been on a similarly bad connection just until a few weeks ago.

Ok thanks for the heads up man. I know, its so annoying especially because I have nothing else to play

hopefully someone makes a mod to change Madeleine's outfit, she was always my 'romance' of choice, but her big ass poofy dress is so weird.

Oh and if folks are curious, once you get to Gran Soren, go to the hotel in the middle/towns square and withdraw from your loot box (have to speak with the hotel guy).

There's a bunch of armor ok to useless armor, imho outside of 1/2 items it's better to sell it all. You can get like 350K for all of it. If you don't want to sell it because it's unique items, at least sell the monocle which sells for 320K by itself.

Was using your pawn for an hour or two, lol

Like I told another guy, only recently did I buy her better clothing, changed her class and actually bothered to put in her skills as a sorceress so she's actually useful now as a battle mage.

Sarcasm

Is it possible to use ENB and GeDoSaTo together?

Also my character came out waaayyyy darker then it showed during creation. It is my wife so I am tempted to start over again....

Dinjoralo

Man, this game is going to be the best thing that happened to my friend list. Speaking of, anyone using my pawn, WE ARE CLAY? He's pretty distinct, you'd know if you'd met him.

Alucrid

Banned
don't really like playing with the xbone controller, have to switch the triggers and buttons because it's way too uncomfortable to hold the buttons

That's what's happening, I've crashed going through zone doors and on reloading from death, seems like whenever it needs to load the world there's a something that can cause a crash. The last one was fucking bad too, PC restarted, which I've never had happen.

that sucks

played for another couple of hours and it didn't crash

Is it possible to use ENB and GeDoSaTo together?

Also my character came out waaayyyy darker then it showed during creation. It is my wife so I am tempted to start over again....
U can change your skin color at the barber, just pick the most expensive choice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sitting here at work (actually im standing) thinking abiut the game, after playing it for like 5 or 6 hours straight earlier.

Yup, its going to be one of those alright

Panda Rin

Just got to Gran Soren, and getting frequent dips down to 45fps inside and just outside of the town. Weird...

Have a 970 and i5-3570k

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Something to keep in mind with the unlimited fast travel stone-

This was added for the expansion, and was not in the base game.

One of the awesome and unique things about Dragon's Dogma is that it was designed around the aspect of darkness being a horrible thing that should be avoided at all costs. The idea is that you're supposed to start a journey out of town in the morning, and get back before night falls. Failing to do this puts you at the mercy of awful creatures that spawn at night.

If you use the infinite fast travel item, you're missing out on a huge part of the game's design and appeal. I would recommend not using it until you've completed the main quest. Later in the game you'll be able to afford some of the fast travel stones, but it's a hard choice on when to use them.

Downloaded yesterday and started it up today and yeah, on my nearing 10 year old PC, I'm able to run the game at 60fps with everything set to low/off with the resolution dialed to 720p. Not a looker, but damn it plays well.

I guess it's upgrade time.

Durante

Just finished my first session. Like it quite a lot so far, though not quite at the "OMG best game ever" level people hyped it to. We'll see what the future holds, certainly seems like a huge game.

screenshot_2016-01-1542u9l.jpg

screenshot_2016-01-167autq.jpg

Soodanim

don't really like playing with the xbone controller, have to switch the triggers and buttons because it's way too uncomfortable to hold the buttons
I've got it on control type C. RB is weapon skills, RT is fire bow, LB is sheath and LT is defend/2nd skills.

Any Xbone Elite users here? As much as I'm tempted by mapping the quick commands with a DS4, the paddles are so useful. I have left paddle mapped to L3 and right paddle to B, so I can do all of my examining and speaking without taking my thumb off the right stick.

artsi

Just finished my first session. Like it quite a lot so far, though not quite at the "OMG best game ever" level people hyped it to. We'll see what the future holds, certainly seems like a huge game.

Yeah I also feel it's okay, but not really the masterpiece I heard it was. Combat is quite interesting but I feel the monster climbing is a bit janky, and why is there a few frame pause when you hit something?

Sectus

Updated my save tool: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/DDsavetool.rar

This fixes the issue with console saves not being able to go online in the PC version.

If you've already got a save with this problem, run the save through the new savetool with this command:
Code:
DDAsavetool -reset DDDA.sav

Any savefile converted with this new version should not get this issue at all.

The problem was related to online pawn data which wasn't compatible with the PC version. Thanks to the Reizo Ryuu for the idea.

BadWolf

It's early so you don't have much abilities unlocked but either way, try playing someone other than a mage :p

Zomba13

Really loving the hotkeys. I mean, it's just a basic thing but it improve the game a whole bunch. Especially with DS4Windows where you can map swipes on the touchpad to keys. I've got 1-4 mapped to swipes and now I can just pull out/put away the lantern with a swipe, heal etc. I didn't check before I closed the game but does the map have a keybind?

BadWolf

I don't play non-caster classes in RPGs. As a matter of principle.

Well I guarantee you that most people who sing this game's praises weren't playing a mage.

At least try the Magick Archer or Mystic Knight at some point. Or live a little and wreck things as an Assassin.

A number of people imported their old save files from the console release.

Yes I did too....people killed him BEFORE the conversion, the levels on the leaderboard are also below 100....

Updated my save tool: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/DDsavetool.rar

This fixes the issue with console saves not being able to go online in the PC version.

If you've already got a save with this problem, run the save through the new savetool with this command:
Code:
DDAsavetool -reset DDDA.sav

Any savefile converted with this new version should not get this issue at all.

The problem was related to online pawn data which wasn't compatible with the PC version. Thanks to the Reizo Ryuu for the idea.

Great to see you put it together so quickly :D.

Sophia

I don't play non-caster classes in RPGs. As a matter of principle :p

Well I guarantee you that most people who sing this game's praises weren't playing a mage.

At least try the Magick Archer or Mystic Knight at some point. Or live a little and wreck things as an Assassin.

Backing this up, you definitely want to play one of the other classes. Not to say that mage isn't fun, but the melee in this game is so satisfying.

bathsalts

So who is going to be the hero that mods 6 skill slots for warriors, I tried to like assassin, I really did but there's no better feeling than a perfect exodus slash then counter.

Yeah I also feel it's okay, but not really the masterpiece I heard it was. Combat is quite interesting but I feel the monster climbing is a bit janky, and why is there a few frame pause when you hit something?

It was definitely a slow burn game for me the first time I played, it doesn't peak til way later unlike something like Souls which is immediately grabbing. The Bitter Black Isle is the best content by far imo and that isnt happening til endgame.

Durante

Backing this up, you definitely want to play one of the other classes. Not to say that mage isn't fun, but the melee in this game is so satisfying.
I don't think you guys understand.
I don't play non-caster classes in RPGs.

I mean, even if this wasn't a principle (which means it won't change, ever) I wouldn't see a reason to, I'm enjoying the game as is.

Styles

Is everyone enjoying their night time encounters? I didn't realised how much I had missed fighting in the darkness in this game until now. I love it so much.

Top Bottom