• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Lork

So... should the Witchwood quest just be put off til later? The bandits on the road there, especially the sword and shield ones, are wrecking my whole crew. The fighters can one shot my whole group. I'm a level 8 rogue, with two mages and a fighter. Did the well quest without too much trouble, should I just follow the main quest for a while? The Witchwood quest sounded urgent, what with the protagonist's ladyfriend gone that way, but should I put it off til later?

Also, the combat against regular dudes and smaller enemies seems kinda lame? At least as a rogue. No means of defense, it's either run in with daggers or hang back with the bow and nothing really in between.

When I assign special skills do they just replace the X and Y attacks?
Try being more aggressive. Just run right up to them and spam the basic attack; as long as you don't let up, they'll be caught in a looping stun animation and be unable to hit back. Enemies are very slow on the draw so it's very easy to hit first, and once you do, they almost never try to do anything to break the loop, so you can just keep mashing away until they're dead.

One of the dagger/bow classes has a skill that lets you roll, which you can then equip to any class that uses daggers. It's helpful for getting out of the way if anyone else decides to come in and break up your stagger party and will become even more useful as you come up against bigger enemies with more dangerous attacks.

The only way to redo Arisen appearance is sold by that potion guy from the second village, right?
Pawn chatter hasn't bothered me yet but "they're masterworks, all" is fucking terrrrrrrible

It's not even that he says it when you first talk to him, it's every time you go back to the base selection screen...

I've only been there once and I agree entirely.

gergstep

Neo Member
Is anyone else that's using a Dualshock 4 having difficulties with what buttons it's displaying on the guide? It just shows me the numbers 1-4, rather than Y or Triangle for whatever reason.

Curious if anyone else has run into this yet? It's not a huge deal, but I'd prefer something else :p

Is anyone else that's using a Dualshock 4 having difficulties with what buttons it's displaying on the guide? It just shows me the numbers 1-4, rather than Y or Triangle for whatever reason.

Curious if anyone else has run into this yet? It's not a huge deal, but I'd prefer something else :p

I'm using DS4 with DS4Windows and no issues on my end.

KingKong

I've only played a couple of hours but I haven't seen any armor or weapon drops/loot. Is that just not a thing and I should be buying them from the stores?

gergstep

Neo Member
I'm using DS4 with DS4Windows and no issues on my end.

Odd... I'll see if the issue persists later; I've tried it hiding and non-hiding the controller to no avail as of yet, though I haven't restarted my computer, so that will probably be the fix lol

Thanks for letting me know it's not an issue with the controller itself though :)

David___

Banned

They mentioned on the stream that they used generic buttons for DirectInput controllers since they couldnt assume you used a DS3/4. You could probably mod them in at some point.

Mudo

From what i've heard, this game doesnt support SLI. A few pages back, I was reading some post about this. That might be your problem.

Yeah I had SLI on the first time but after the crazy peformance I disabled it and it didn't change anything at all lol. So crazy, and it sounds like I'm the only human having issues. No earthly idea what to even do I guess I'll just shelve it and wait to see if something shows up online for a fix..

This game doesnt have button prompts for the DUALSHOCK 4. Its using the directinput method instead of the xinput that the 360 controller uses. I got a remapper thats using my dual shock 4 wirelessly and its emulating my dual shock as a xbox 360. So the 360 button prompts show up in my game.

The awesome thing about this remapper is that I set the dual shock track pad swipe directions to keys 1-4. So I assigned healing items to those keys so when I need to heal, instead of going into the menu and selecting an item. I just swipe up or down to use what ever item in that slot instantly.

Stiler

Anyone else game keep launching in offline mode? Getting really annoying now, everytime I start the game I have to go into options to change it.

Did you change anything in DS4Windows or in game settings? I used DS4 with DS4Windows too but it didn't display Xbox button for me

I can't remember if I changed anything but I have everything ticked under the Settings bar except: Disconnect from BT when Stopping, Close Minimizes and Quick Charge.

Since I'm on Windows 10, I have to hit the little button for "connect exclusively", wait until the command prompt pops up, then plug in my controller and check if the status message says it's connected properly or not. Sometimes it works on the first try, sometimes I have to try connecting more then once. But every time the status message gives me the go ahead, the controller has worked fine.

eMpTy23

I've only played a couple of hours but I haven't seen any armor or weapon drops/loot. Is that just not a thing and I should be buying them from the stores?

I've found a couple pieces, but I don't recall them being better than what I bought in stores.

Did you change anything in DS4Windows or in game settings? I used DS4 with DS4Windows too but it didn't display Xbox button for me

I'm having the same problem - it shows all the buttons as numbered, ie. 1, 4, 10, etc instead of X, Y, A (seems to recognize it as a Wireless Controller instead of Xbox controller because in the controls menu those are the same button labels)

I can't remember if I changed anything but I have everything ticked under the Settings bar except: Disconnect from BT when Stopping, Close Minimizes and Quick Charge.

Since I'm on Windows 10, I have to hit the little button for "connect exclusively", wait until the command prompt pops up, then plug in my controller and check if the status message says it's connected properly or not. Sometimes it works on the first try, sometimes I have to try connecting more then once. But every time the status message gives me the go ahead, the controller has worked fine.
Make sure its in exclusive mode, only thing I can think

Thanks, maybe I didn't put it in exclusive mode

fr0st

Banned
I've found a couple pieces, but I don't recall them being better than what I bought in stores.

Items that you get on the store wont be that different in early to mid game. Late game you can farm some stuff to get better equipment or ask (beg) for other people to give you items.

How do you put DS4Windows in exclusive mode? First I'm hearing of that option (I'm on Windows 10 btw)

Gx7oN3y.jpg

Basically:

1. Unplug controller
2. Hit the button, wait for the command prompt pop up
3. Plug in controller
4. If the message on the bottom is red, try again. If grey, you're all good.

Which doesn't work properly in Windows 10.

It does now.

Is your controller plugged directly into the computer via USB???

This game will automatically detect your PS4 controller and use it right out of the box. But it wont show the xbox prompts though.

I had this issue with all games that recognized the PS4 controller right out the box, like fallout 4. using the imput mapper to emulate a 360 controller and had the dual shock 4 plugged in via USB, had fallout reading the mapper and the usb connected controller as two separate controllers.

Use the controller wirelessly with a mapper or use the controller with usb WITHOUT mapper, you may have issues otherwise.

_Clash_

Anyone playing this with 4GB Ram and a HD6850?

I should probably save this for a future PC and play it in 4k down the track or something hey.

Anyone tried KB + M controls? It feels really weird. Is it supposed to get better lol?

Well I can imagine it would. The game was built from the ground up for consoles exclusively 4 years ago. So just like every other game thats console exclusive that end up coming to console, the controls for PC are going to get screwed.

But you can remap them though, thats going to take some time though.

Tick "Hide DS4 Controller" in your settings. Should show up then.

If thats the case then make sure Steam, Uplay, etc arent on at all then connect it. Also make sure Hide DS4 is checked in the option menu.

Confirmed Steam and Uplay and all that aren't running. It wasn't checked - so I checked it but I still don't have the exclusive option. Tried restarting DS4Windows as well.

Here's what my settings are now:

Gonna reboot my PC quickly and see if that helps

I'm terrible at any type of difficulty in games due to playing games on easy for the last 5 or more years.

At what point is a fight completely futile and I should go elsewhere?

Karak

This is a fantastic review! Well done!

Thanks Tricky.
Now I am back at it lol.
Speaking of jumping and bandits, I just got past that initial area: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2nW7mntwE

Also featured, the reason why Warriors are the best. You just throw everyone to the sky. And then smash them. Or the other way around.
Lol There is something about throwing someone into the sky. Or sucking them into it with a tornado:)

Sophia

Anyone tried KB + M controls? It feels really weird. Is it supposed to get better lol?

I've tried them, but even with remapping the keys they're unnatural. They'd be a lot better if the developers added in the option for quickly using abilities with a single key, instead of having to do the combination.

Kyoufu

I'm terrible at any type of difficulty in games due to playing games on easy for the last 5 or more years.

At what point is a fight completely futile and I should go elsewhere?

It'd be completely futile if the enemies are killing you too quickly. Besides raider camps I can't really think of any places in the open world where that would happen though. Are you having trouble anywhere?

Remember guys: buy Empty Flasks at Gran Soren and fill them up with Spring Water.

David___

Banned
Confirmed Steam and Uplay and all that aren't running. It wasn't checked - so I checked it but I still don't have the exclusive option. Tried restarting DS4Windows as well.

If you try to connect it now it should now connect exclusively.

Sarcasm

How to get rid of the water mark in photomode?

Also I have a ton of items and characters almost above average in being weighed down. Thing is I have a ton of items (half perishable) and craftables that I have no clue what I can use them for or if I need them in my inventory.

Should I just dump everything into storage and nto worry about food/perhishables?

Also...whats this about a blessed flower that you can copy at the black cat thing but not have it expire?

If you have hide DS4 checked, plug in your DS4, and the red message DOES NOT SHOW UP, then you are good to go. You don't need to see or press that connect DS4 exclusively button on the latest build.

Kyoufu

Also I have a ton of items and characters almost above average in being weighed down. Thing is I have a ton of items (half perishable) and craftables that I have no clue what I can use them for or if I need them in my inventory.

Should I just dump everything into storage and nto worry about food/perhishables?

Yeah, go ahead and store everything you don't need. I rarely crafted anything in my 100% playthrough so I can't really recommend going out of your way to do it.

I hope someone gets around to doing a fast travel mod.

??? Huh ???

Fast travel is in the game. its kind of weird as it uses items to do it, but it does have fast travel. The fast travel is like, grounded into the lore and it's an actual thing.

You aint gonna have it right out the back in the game neither, you'll get it later in the game.

Top Bottom