• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

There's a white line of pixels forming a rectangle around the game's picture whichever the resolution I choose to play at. Is this normal? Does everyone gets this?

Someone said earlier that Hard Mode is intended for New Game+ characters.

Good on you if you can make it work 30+ levels below the recommended level, though! :D
Already beaten the game several times on PS3 and got the platinum. Just not used to being one shotted by goblins and wolves lol.

Shengar

I just learned that pawns are only sent out for recruitment once you rest at an inn, which I imagine is hanging a lot of people up. For instance, I've only rested at an inn twice in 7 hours.

Well this is seems the case. I only have 24 friends who owned Dragon's Dogma and 10 of them appeared on my pawn friend list. I haven't rest in a inn myself either.

Anteater

can't make up my mind on my pawn yet so I'm probably going to remake her like 150 times

I'm happy I was able to remake my old character tho

screenshot_2016-01-16sjpv4.jpg

Overside

Banned
I think that's pretty much how everyone beats that guy the first time through. :lol

Yeah, a well balanced party is absolutely crucial in this game. Buffing, offensive spells, and tanking aggro are all important concepts to the combat.
Until you unlock and level magic archer.

Then you have a middle finger for every occasion.

Cyrano

There are a lot of FAQs out there for how to break the game even really early on. For all the things the game does right, the AI is not super aggressive and thus simply being prepared for damage will win most fights if you're patient.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Man I forgot how brutal the goddamn
ogres in the quarry
are. I managed to take one down after several tries (entering from the eastern entrance, the one near the switch). Then the next one is nearby another
ogre
and he often runs there and aggros both.

The grab move one-shots me, and I barely survive anything else, and they take forever to go down even when I aim for the head (which isn't that easy 'cause they punish climbing with a OHKO move). Yeah fuck that, I'll come back later for the duo. >_<
Is there anyone out there who make a male archer pawn?
They're all females.. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯
Mine is! MorriganStark's pawn is a cool-looking male ranger (at the moment). :)

Trying to recruit pawns in this game is god damned depressing. It's just a waifu meat market. Bunch of naked, big titty ladies as far as the eye can see. I even see them designed to look like really little girls wearing almost no clothing. Gamers are gross.

Meanwhile in my game...
See above for a male pawn. He'll snipe at your foes and gather/carry all that junk for you so you don't have to.

The Unlimited Sprint mod is a godsend for traversal :3
Hmm link?

Anteater

be sure to take your time and go back to cassardris after the intro
hydra
and do all the 2 quests there

and be sure to drink your iodine

Arghhhh! Currently changed my vocation into MA

Reading some stuff saying i'm better off starting as a strider 1-10 assassin 20-100 then Wizard or whatver 100-200

I'm on hard and its a bitch being one shotted lol

Currently level 19

hydra

Iodine ? From where ?

Dr Dogg

hydra

I'd say go back before doing that quest, as in right after the first, maybe second quest in the encampment as you get a little bonus scene the moment you walk into Casardis if you do.

Gothos

Man, I wish we could reassign some more keys. Using inventory on mouse+KB is a chore and that awkwardly used O button *sigh*

Moff

It's definitely odd that you can make children characters, this is very rare anyway and it surprised me when I saw it for the first time.
but then in a game where you basically display these characters for others to "rent" them is especially weird to have children. and don't get me started about breastplates that are metal bikinis on females, children, too. definitely an odd decision to have kids here.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, bought this thing -.- Anything I absolutely need to know to not fuck things up before I start after it downloaded?

Uthred

It's definitely odd that you can make children characters, this is very rare anyway and it surprised me when I saw it for the first time.
but then in a game where you basically display these characters for others to "rent" them is especially weird to have children. and don't get me started about breastplates that are metal bikinis on females, children, too. definitely an odd decision to have kids here.

Yes that is indeed the main function of the pawn system, you've rumbled it, DD is a paedophile slave ring simulator in disguise.

AcAnchoa

I'm thinking of sticking to M&KB but changing a few things I don't like putting block on a mouse key since you have to hold it down and Bow Aim on Q is taking up an important spot so I might try out this:

• Make Space Block and put Jump on z, x, or c
  • Put Bow Aim on Middle Mouse or another Mouse button
  • Put Primary skills to Q
Other people on M&KB... what do you think? How have you changed the controls, if at all? They work pretty well already aside from the skills keybinds, including block.
I've tried to map things so I don't have to rise my hands at any time. In that regard, I put primary and secondary skills to buttons 4 and 5 on my mouse, inventory to R, run/walk to C and draw/seathe weapon to Tab. I still have to remap the pawn commands, probably using other mouse buttons.

It's not perfect and I wish we have dedicated skill keys, but I can handle it. The major issue is the mouse, it's been failing for a time now and I need to find a replacement.

I'm finding it hard to decide if I want to buy this or not. From the videos I watched it looks like a sort of open world monster hunter but with combat more akin to things like God eater, soul sacrifice, ragnarok etc (as in more over the top and fantastical combat).

Is that accurate? I see the odd comparison to souls games but it doesn't look remotely like those to me.

I loved soul sacrifice etc on my vita but I'm not sure that, but in an open world, is something I'm after.

Teknoman

Into Free mod for the title screen is still the best mod. And man does the main menu screen look as amazing as ever. Just really feels extremely atmospheric, and thats just for a menu screen!

Also I wonder who composed the character creation theme? So good.

EDIT: Reuploaded the Into Free title screen/main menu music mod if anyone cant find it.

http://1drv.ms/1Q4Us0q

eEK!

Neo Member
I'm finding it hard to decide if I want to buy this or not. From the videos I watched it looks like a sort of open world monster hunter but with combat more akin to things like God eater, soul sacrifice, ragnarok etc (as in more over the top and fantastical combat).

Is that accurate? I see the odd comparison to souls games but it doesn't look remotely like those to me.

I loved soul sacrifice etc on my vita but I'm not sure that, but in an open world, is something I'm after.

Its more like Devil May Cry, but everyone jumps to darks souls because of the fantasy setting.

Top Bottom