• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

yamo

Anybody had their pawn return from being used by anyone else so far?

I'm not sure if my pawn just smells or if it's bugged.

It feels so wierd playing this without performance issues, its like a total different experience.

Yes it is.
It boggles my mind everytime people are saying that sub 30fps performance is fine. 30 fps most of the is the minimum, playing games below standard that is just not fun.

I was doing quite well but the rest of my party kept dying and trying to heal them is what did me in >_<

I guess i'm too low level for it? Only level 6 at the moment.

I think I beat them at level 10 back then.
Proceed with the main & board quests a bit, and go back for revenge later.

Anteater

Can you realistically play this game alone? By alone i mean "pawnless". The very presence of an npc partner burdens me no end.

yeah if you don't mind running into some places with some inconveniences, I recall a place where you need to loot a few heavy tablets and it'd require a few pawns to carry them to avoid being encumbered and I think there are pressure plates in some areas, just need to hire them to help for things like that.

The game has some enemies that are specifically strong against physical/magic, but I don't think there's more than one or two.

You also have a whole inventory of items that can help too that no one ever bother using so the game is really flexible.

Does anyone know of any brief guides or writeups of various builds, for a completely new player?

I really hate going in blind, then eventually having to restart due to being unsatisfied with my gimped build.

Tizoc

Any recommended mods worth using atm?
I think someone mentioned that playing eithout a weight limit is worth using.

Alexm92

Hey I was just looking into installing GeDoSaTo and it says I have to disable secure boot on 8.1. Any disadvantages to doing this?

Anteater

Any recommended mods worth using atm?
I think someone mentioned that playing eithout a weight limit is worth using.

I like the weight system myself, it makes you think/plan your pawn and character's builds, and your weight/height affect stamina/carrying weight/run speed, etc, I think it's a bit more interesting than how they usually do it in rpgs, I'd suggest not modding it out until you at least try it

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Weight

AJ_Wings

The roll with the Strider/Ranger/Assassin makes the dagger combat freakin' amazing. Animation canceling like a goddamned maniac.

EUA

yeah if you don't mind running into some places with some inconveniences, I recall a place where you need to loot a few heavy tablets and it'd require a few pawns to carry them to avoid being encumbered and I think there are pressure plates in some areas, just need to hire them to help for things like that.

The game has some enemies that are specifically strong against physical/magic, but I don't think there's more than one or two.

You also have a whole inventory of items that can help too that no one ever bother using so the game is really flexible.

thank you pal. i dont expect anything but based on general praise the game gets i think it's worth a shot. im just afraid that single-handedly overcoming challenges meant for two or more party members might turn out too much for me.

Yeah, some assassin builds are best used alone.
okay, thats what im gonna go with. thanks.

Can you realistically play this game alone? By alone i mean "pawnless". The very presence of an npc partner burdens me no end.
yes. There is a vocation (assassin) that gets perks for running solo. I'd also advise you don't let that dictate exactly how you play as you should experiment

It's an understandable position to be gunshy about AI partners but as long as youre aware of pawn inclination and keep it in mind when creating your pawn and check when recruiting from the rift, they can become an asset rather than a burden

Seyavesh

derp wrong thread
but hey check out the art book that came w/ the game

it's real as hell- 313 pages, 500mb with tons of concept art, artist commentary, director commentary- the whole deal

You'll want to max the Assassin vocation and get the Autonomy augment, which is a buff for playing solo.

The only mechanic that feels legitimately unfair to solo players is
the "Maneater" mimic chests
in Bitterblack Isle.
They can randomly be in just about any chest in the dungeon, there's no way to draw them out before opening the chest, nor is there any indication a chest has been infested, and they're practically impossible to escape from when grabbed. Pawns can free you from their grasp, but alone you basically have to save before every chest.

Loving wickfut's ENB. And I'll be using that HUD toggle so much, in and out of combat.
C5DD9FCE312FB0BB672AB754DAC30CFCB25B4049

8B85D721264227C20B3F4FB2EA4E7161531FFC0C
Here's the nexus page with detailed installation instruction.

Whole new experience with that silky smooth performance. Glad I didn't play it for very long on the PS3. That said I'm realizing the landscape is very ps2-ish in terms of how it seems to be put together. It's weird. And God, the things a new skybox would do for this game.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
How is a ranger in this game. I normaly play bow like heroes in most rpgs

UrbanRats

Is there a quick way to jump from one Steam User to the other, without having to call the president? On Google once you've saved your loging information, you can jump from one email to another without having to re-type everything every time, can i do that on steam some how?

Finally got to Alon and they did just strip the Berserk armor out with no equivalent level gear as a replacement. That quest is just a big pain in the ass with little payoff now

Any kind of sword/bow gameplay in the game? The strider would be perfect if it was a sword instead of daggers. Assassin seems to be the only one but if it plays like a traditional assassin then that isnt the gameplay style I'm going for at all.

I was doing quite well but the rest of my party kept dying and trying to heal them is what did me in >_<

I guess i'm too low level for it? Only level 6 at the moment.

I only had trouble spotting it, didn't check the beach before. Got it all now! Also, I wasn't aware that there would be a timelimit to quests. Thanks!

I just beat those lizards last night at level 7, and leveled up to level 8. Like everyone else said, you gotta attack their tails to weaken and temporary immobilize them. If you got a class that can knock them down or off their feet, Id suggest you spawn that shit.

My character is a warrior, and I have the blitz technique and it knocks down who ever I hit so I can swing away while they are on the ground.

You need to get a shield and sword pawn with shield summons so they can grab aggro from the rest of your team. They are tanks.

I dont suppose anyone else has a problem with the audio being really quiet and knows a fix for it?

Your not the only one. The volume is very low.

How is a ranger in this game. I normaly play bow like heroes in most rpgs

This game's bow has similar mechanics to a third person shooter, a refined third person shooter at that. The controls feel really great, and the aiming and movement is also feels just perfect when firing your bow. When it comes to using a bow, this game is clearly the king in that regards. The bow is very fun...............but the magik bow................aaww man, its like the box x10 in the fun factor.

Where are my screenshots kept?

After searching for like a good hour, this is where I found my screenshoots folder for steam. I then created a shortcut to it on my desk top. Shit was annoying.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\71303002\760\remote\367500\screenshots

Ryne

Spending a lot of my time in the starting area trying to build up levels. I rushed through most of the game before, this time I'm going to try and enjoy it more.

Should I try to not get to level 10 before reaching that city where I can choose another vocation? For min/max purposes that is. Or does it make no difference?

Top Bottom