• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Vex_

Banned
Holy mother of hell. Is my monitor broken or the sky has some nasty banding?

ED9E4A0BBFE6E1929E26BE7974B38DF05C478C39

youre not the only one with that. I noticed this too as well.

Arkanius

It does. Was also like this on consoles, unfortunately, so I can't see that being fixed.

Didnt notice it on the consoles.
Bummer.

The game is an absolute joy right now on PC, whereas before on the X360 I would get motion sickness.

Loving it! Happy for the double dipping.

Gbraga

Didnt notice it on the consoles.
Bummer.

The game is an absolute joy right now on PC, whereas before on the X360 I would get motion sickness.

Loving it! Happy for the double dipping.

Wait, I never played it on 360, maybe it was a PS3 only problem then? If so, there is hope of it being fixed!

Cyrano

I understand the arguments against modding the weight system out, but constantly having to transfer things to my pawn is just so tedious. it's not like I'm picking up less, it's just that every ten minutes or so I am transferring everything over to my pawn who barely even cares about it

The weight system isn't changing how I play, it's just increasing the time I spend in menus
Well, the intent is that part of that becomes important for how you manage your available weaponry and healing items later on. Not trying to tell anyone how to play or anything, just attempting to explain the reasoning behind it. If you enjoy playing the game without the system then that's exactly what modding is for and I hope you enjoy the game that way!
It does. Was also like this on consoles, unfortunately, so I can't see that being fixed.
A lot of the post-processed shaders can fix it, but it does have a performance impact.

Filben

I like pawn chatter, but the subtitles are just too much, I can't.
I've read somewhere the simple advice to turn the pawn subtitles off. I did so and it definitely got MUCH better. Their chatter is so basic anyway you'll probably understand without subtitles.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone else getting some nasty screen flicker with the game?

It runs like butter on 60 fps, but some times my screen just goes into full on flicker mode, to top it all off some times the screen just stays black without anything being able to be seen.

The only fix I have for this is to set it at 30fps lock which is weird.

Oddly enough lara croft and the guardian of light had this issue too, i thought it would be my video card but fallout 4, guild wars 2 and everything else is fine.

Then again those games have a windowed full screen option and this doesnt.

Anteater

KingKong

I highly recommend the unlimited sprint mod. It makes the game much more enjoyable

Especially when you realize you dismissed a pawn that had a quest item

Vex_

Banned

I've got the deband shader implemented in GeDoSaTo and boy howdy does it help a bunch.

This example is using higher contrast post processing than vanilla, and shows off how great the Deband is.

screenshot_2016_01_15_16_06_03_0_by_aloooo81-d9o24i2.jpg

screenshot_2016_01_15_16_06_07_1_by_aloooo81-d9o24hs.jpg

I've got the pull request sent in for when/if Durante decides to merge it.

Ok.

*breathes*

I went back like 100 million pages and found this? Maybe this will help us?

Zafir

Enjoying this so much more on PC. I got it when it first came out on PS3, but didn't get very far, and never really wanted to go back since it ran a bit poorly. Looks really nice at 4k, and it's mostly running at 60FPS, outside of a few drops to the 50s or 40s.

Not just you, it's not just the sky either.

Rather annoying.

Not quite as annoying as Samurai Warriors 4-II which I played recently. That had the same issue, except far worse. :|

Vex_

Banned
I highly recommend the unlimited sprint mod. It makes the game much more enjoyable

Especially when you realize you dismissed a pawn that had a quest item

Only thing is, a certain"other" mod doesnt work with it. Mods all modify the same "arc" file. :c

So you gotta pick between "certain other"mods and unlimited sprint.

Vex_

Banned
Bought and installing!

360 controller of KBM? Which controls more naturally?

Walking slowly like a bad ass on command after slaying a monster with your back turned?

I think we know what the best control method is here...

Controller with sensitivity set to max.

Man It feels good to be playing this game again. The combat is just........got dayum.
Why can't every game have combat like this.

I be going IN, with this shield and sword though.

giphy.gif

Grief.exe

What is the mechanic called where if you sustain damage and it's not healed it stays permanent until the inn?

I'm on a long quest and my pawns are dangerously low.

Man It feels good to be playing this game again. The combat is just........got dayum.

I just got the light attack/heavy attack combos. Feels good to pull off an entire light attack chain (attack, pause, spam). It sends the enemy flying at the end of the combo and sets them up for a charge attack.

Steel

Banned
What is the mechanic called where if you sustain damage and it's not healed it stays permanent until the inn?

You've gotta use healing items to get them capped out again. Healing magic only heals so much(the white part after you're damaged). Don't think it has a particular name.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know how hard it is to mod the game data yet? Not just replacing music and textures, I mean. When I settle on an outfit I'd kind of like to mod its stats onto something I like the look of to kinda sorta bullshit in a fashion gear feature.

Can't you heal those with healing items?
Also if they die just run and revive them. It's annoying but it works.

And I highly recommend people play the game as it was originally intended to be played. That is: limited fast travel, no unlimited sprint "mods" (we called those cheats back in my day), etc.
Traveling in the pitch black of night leads to some of the best moments in the game. The atmosphere is insanely good - going through it with unlimited sprint seems like it would cheapen the entire experience.

That said, if you get to a point several hours in where you simply don't want to trek long distances anymore, then by all means do what you have to. But don't do it from the very beginning of your playthrough. :\

SilentRob

I just got the light attack/heavy attack combos. Feels good to pull off an entire light attack chain (attack, pause, spam). It sends the enemy flying at the end of the combo and sets them up for a charge attack.

Curative items still heal you, only your curative magic is impacted.

Also, I agree - unlimited sprint is a godsend. The limited sprint is cool if I just want to run around aimlessly and fight some dudes, but when I actually want to get somewhere specific and have to stop running every 7 seconds, reklicking the stick over and over and over and over again while letting go of the analogue stick or tapping the right trigger to stop for a moment and get back from sprinting to merely jogging...nah. That's just tedious.

After playing the console version for something between 80 and 100 hours I can definitely say I'm having even more fun with the game now that I can a) use the Eternal Ferrystone almost from the beginning and b) can just keep on sprinting.

I can see why you would consider this quite archaic design to be part of the experience to really make you dread venturing out at night or...well...really, travelling anywhere at any possible time, but there's quite a number of players who don't have fun with that. Especially if you add how easy it is to completely miss the fast travel option or the possibility to set your own Portcrystals AND how easy it is to miss certain quests or events by not having entered the right house at the right time. Mods like these allow these players to have fun with the amazing combat on their own terms - and that's just fine :)

I'm enjoying the game and all but I wish there were more fast travel waypoints

there, are more way points.

This game handles its way points differently from other games.

the way points are crystals that you have to manually drop on the ground from your inventory, and those become way points you can fast travel to.

and you can pick them up again and drop em where ever you like.

There's one of the way point crystals under the Pawn guild in gran soren, at the very bottom, in the center of ever fall. You got ONE chance to get that shit though.

Steel

Banned

giphy.gif

We really need to make an OT just for Dragon's Dogma gifs. They're just so good.

Edit:

How do you do these special attacks and such. I only see light/heavy

Left and right bumper brings up additional menus.

Vex_

Banned

Im sayin doe. You didnt have to stab ya mans on the left. he got arrow'd already. XD

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yep it's as i feared, all the visual bugs go away in windowed mode, no idea why it's doing this in fullscreen.

Any ideas on a windowed fullscreen fix?

Top Bottom