• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Post-game:
I started going through the Everfall, got the Chimera/Gorechimera/Hellhound Lich clusterfuck on my third or fourth chamber exploration. Managed to do it without dying, so I'm pretty pleased.
GJ, that is by far the worst room of the
Everfall
haha.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why are you calling
the everfall
post game? :eek:

silva1991

How do I get grand spells?

Haha, well, all the stuff the pawn was carrying will go into your stash so don't worry.

Love your shots.
Btw did you unlock the crazy-ass sorcerer spells yet? Bolide is one of the first of those you get.

I want to get Bolide, but I have a feeling that it will miss most of targets and that's why I still haven't learn it.

jonjonaug

I want to get Bolide, but I have a feeling that it will miss most of targets and that's why I still haven't learn it.
The explosion radius is so large that it's extremely rare to see everything miss.

Grand spells come from random accessories in Bitterblack. You need to spend rift crystals and you're not guarenteed to get the one you want.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish the whole game was indoors.

Because ricochet arrow is love.

Ricochet arrow is life.

Overside

Banned

Dude, get Bolide, and smite your enemies.

In order to get grand you have to have the first spell, and then the vocation rank.

If you have the rank but not the base spell, the option won't appear until after you purchase the base spell.

Baalzebup

Question: Does anyone know if there's a way to prevent
dragonkin from killing your pawns with their roar ability
? I think the answer is no but I can't really find any definite info.

Negatory. It is a way of showing how (creature spoiler)
dragonkin have crazy power over pawns, similar to the posession,
(end game story spoiler?)
and is essentially the first clue to their implied nature in the world of Dragon's Dogma.

How do you remove the helmets that some Cyclops wear? One of the pawns I was using said to climb up, but no matter how much I hit it nothing seemed to happen. Is there something special I should have been doing?

The enemy has to remove it and they remove the helm when they get hit a lot in the head while wearing it. Don't think there's a way to knock it off yourself, but could be wrong. Past a certain point I remember it being more efficient to just knock them down and kill them by damaging their body, since the helmet prevents a lot of damage while it's on.

The real way to get armored cyclops to remove the helmet is to climb right up to their faces, wait for them to try to grab you and jump the fuck off. If the grab misses you, the silly creature removes the helmet by itself.

Facism

level 25 and decided to switch my pawns out for a few that were more current in level.

Fookin' 'ell sorcerer spells D: D: D: D: D: D:

D:

so..does the framerate tank randomly for everyone else?

even if i put settings at low it still drops to console FPS for no reason.

I was having that issue when ever Id use a ENB, every since I defeated that hydra, my frame rate dropped to the 20's. Uninstalled the ENB and its presets and now its back to normal.

Even ogres can't fucks with me and my ban hammer of justice.

giphy.gif

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait should I be leveling other vocations? I hit level 10 as Fighter (or whatever the first melee class is) and am bringing the hydra head to the next city. I'm intending to go hammer time as soon as I can...am I going to be super gimped on my stats??

I was having that issue when ever Id use a ENB, every since I defeated that hydra, my frame rate dropped to the 20's. Uninstalled the ENB and its presets and now its back to normal.

I had that issue as well.
Turned out, it's caused by the gpu overcloc, it's not stable. After reverting my gpu clock to the default numbers, everything's running fine with ENB.

Steel

Banned
Wait should I be leveling other vocations? I hit level 10 as Fighter (or whatever the first melee class is) and am bringing the hydra head to the next city. I'm intending to go hammer time as soon as I can...am I going to be super gimped on my stats??

No. Don't listen to min-maxing talk. It's so far from necessary it's not even funny.

Edit: Though I will suggest sampling the other classes for augments, don't care about stats.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, it's both fun to mess around with new gear/skills and you can equip augments from other vocations to make more unique builds.

Dude, you are fine. Really. You got a whole 190 levels to make use of Warrior fully and you change as that class once you get to the city which you are right now. Try out other classes to get other augments to use too. It's fun stuff.

Rhaknar

Just saw a video with a assassin jumping on some guy's shoulders and slashing his throat with both daggers instantly killing him.

:eek:

Baalzebup

Just saw a video with a assassin jumping on some guy's shoulders and slashing his throat with both daggers instantly killing him.

:eek:

Yeah, the Assassin has exclusive counter-attack skills for both the sword and the daggers. And a whole bunch of other nasty shit to deal to the enemies. (Dire)Gouge all day, all night.

At the last battle quest and my party make up is not working here with this is hp sponge boss lol. I exited out of the game as no more time tonight. Is it going to make me go through all of it again when I boot it up next time? Really want to change my party up.

Maybesew

So when I level up, I can't get new skills until I go somewhere to rest, is that correct? I'm now 7 or 8, and got some new skills at the encampment.

Baalzebup

Welp I've been holding off on changing classes...

No longer.

I recommend leveling the Warrior for a bit at some juncture, if you're going Assassin. The high lv augment, Clout, is a really golden one for any class that deals death with physical attacks. Assassins, Rangers, Fighters, everyone loves Clout.

Yeah, Assassin is my favorite class. Being able to use four different weapon types and the skills it has is what sold me on it. It also has the highest strength gains.

Llyranor

Why do I have 18 hrs in this game? It just came out Friday.

So freaking addictive. Combat is awesome. Started with Strider, and having fun with Magic Archer and Mystic Knight since.

I think the
ogre-thing
from
The Everfall
was the toughest beastie I've faced so far, though I kind of rode its head all the way to the bottom as it fell to its death. That made going back up a nightmare, though, because when you opened the gates to go back, the doors also closed off the areas I hadn't explored yet...

Also, wandering in the dark and then seeing two glowing red eyes followed by a Chimera leaping at you is kind of scary.

Rhaknar

I always rest in inns until morning before setting off somewhere

Because im a pussy

Gbraga

I'm still 6 hours into the game, still didn't create my pawn. Can't wait to do that tomorrow. It'll probably take 100% of my daily gaming time, but it'll be worth it.

I hope.

I now have access to explosive arrow but didnt buy it... I didnt want to drop any of my 3 spells now that I love ricochet ;_;

To be fair tho ricochet is useless out and about ao I would replace that until I was in doors but its not like you can change skills freely ;_;

How good is explosive anyway fellow magic archers?

Explosive rivet is pretty good, especially if you have a buch of physical attackers in your party, the lvl3 version of explosive bolt however is insanely good; everything about magick archer is good.

MUnited83

For you.
part of the reason I'm not giving my triss or geralt the best armor is either because it looks silly or ugly as fuck. Plus I want to keep them looking somewhat appropriate until the armor sucks too much, not an issue right now since I leveled up their current armor to 3 stars.

Ah, same here, i'm refusing to upgrade my Arisen because I love how cohesive her getup is.

draetenth

Dude, get Bolide, and smite your enemies.

In order to get grand you have to have the first spell, and then the vocation rank.

If you have the rank but not the base spell, the option won't appear until after you purchase the base spell.

No, you get the first spell level and the high version from ranking up in a vocation. You get the grand version from a ring in BBI.

I.E. Bolide (Sorcerer rank 6) -> High Bolide (Sorcerer Rank 8) -> Grand Bolide (certain rings from BBI).

Note: there are rings in BBI that increase other skills to a third level. I.E. Scarlet Kisses -> Hundred Kisses -> Thousand Kisses.

However, not all skills have a third ability level.

fr0st

Banned
So is blocking just useless in this game? My guard gets crused like every time I try to block.

You either need a better shield or block less threatening attacks (like smaller enemies only).
And is your pawn tall or short (or in between)?
And you can also time it better to get no stagger in your end and get augments that enhance blocking.

EDIT: also check how much stamina is being consumed when you block an attack. that should give you a hint whether or not you are blocking small or big attacks.

Top Bottom