• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

SeppOCE

My frames cannot reach 60 FPS at all without dropping between 40-55 and I'm not sure why,

GTX 970
AMD FX 8320
16 gigs of ram

Why can't I get 60 fps? I'm reading that other people with far worse computers are maxing this and hitting more than 60. I want to enjoy this game at glorious 60 fps god damn it!

Cerity

Can anybody help me correct my ReShade preset? In some specific lightning conditions this weird outline effect will appear:
eaWc7ZZ.png

Looks like some AO wierdness, other users were mentioning that it was happening when forcing AO on nvidia cards. The same might be happening with reshade.

Looks like some AO wierdness, other users were mentioning that it was happening when forcing AO on nvidia cards. The same might be happening with reshade.
Yeah, its the AO bleeding through the alpha effects. Happens with nvidia hbao+, reshade, and enb. Nothing you can do about it currently that i know of.

Durante

Can anybody help me correct my ReShade preset? In some specific lightning conditions this weird outline effect will appear:
There is currently no way to inject AO into the game which respects the game's fog/lighting system (which is why I personally don't bother, IMHO the artifacts are worse than any improvement that might be gained).

Yeah, its the AO bleeding through the alpha effects. Happens with nvidia hbao+, reshade, and enb.
And GeDoSaTo.
Nothing you can do about it currently that i know of.
Well, you can write a game-specific GeDoSaTo plugin ;)

Never put a lot of time into strider before the pc release but it feels damn good. The aiming is very quick and feels satisfying

Some dev team needs to just rip off the strider movement and 3rd person bow controls from this, add in some MGSV stealth and give us a fantastic god damned open world ninja game

There is currently no way to inject AO into the game which respects the game's fog/lighting system (which is why I personally don't bother, IMHO the artifacts are worse than any improvement that might be gained).

And GeDoSaTo. Well, you can write a game-specific GeDoSaTo plugin ;)
I haven't used GeDoSaTo with this yet, thanks for reminding me lol. It's been a while since I've used it, lets see if I remember how...

Vuze

Yeah, its the AO bleeding through the alpha effects. Happens with nvidia hbao+, reshade, and enb. Nothing you can do about it currently that i know of.
I haven't noticed any bleeding with Wickfuts ENB config. Maybe it's very subtle but I definitely noticed strong bleeding with HBAO+. Which is kinda unfortunate but oh well.

Never put a lot of time into strider before the pc release but it feels damn good. The aiming is very quick and feels satisfying

Some dev team needs to just rip off the strider movement and 3rd person bow controls from this, add in some MGSV stealth and give us a fantastic god damned open world ninja game
I'd totally be in for such a thing.

ezekial45

Banned
Finally got to the endgame. For me, this is the part that really made DD into something truly special. IMO, this is where the game really begins. It's just fantastic, and I can't wait for newcomers to see how fucking crazy stuff gets.

Ok, so I have a weird problem.

I'm a mage, and every time I try to use a spell which uses the X button on my Xbox One controller, the spell will start and charge correctly, but never release the spell, even after I release all buttons. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on here, and it limits what I can do in combat, obviously.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

And before it's asked, yes, I tried keyboard and mouse, and it happens there as well. It seems as if I can only do four moves as opposed to the standard six.

Parfait

I'm a mage, and every time I try to use a spell which uses the X button on my Xbox One controller, the spell will start and charge correctly, but never release the spell, even after I release all buttons. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on here, and it limits what I can do in combat, obviously.

And before it's asked, yes, I tried keyboard and mouse, and it happens there as well. It seems as if I can only do four moves as opposed to the standard six.

that's weird. Did you try it on KBM after unplugging/deactivating the xbox controller?

MUnited83

For you.

And GeDoSaTo. Well, you can write a game-specific GeDoSaTo plugin ;)

Thanks. Disabled it, not really worth the eyesore.

KainXVIII

Pretty good sales so far, right?
Owners: 97,965 ± 6,886 (from steamspy)

I hope that Capcom speed up accessing for server when you resting, or is it same as on consoles?

Lanrutcon

Finally got to the endgame. For me, this is the part that really made DD into something truly special. IMO, this is where the game really begins. It's just fantastic, and I can't wait for newcomers to see how fucking crazy stuff gets.

I've given up on the third part of BBI until I get some goddamn daggers from the Ur Dragon. Considering switching to Ranger and kicking
Death
around a bit for super leveling.

derFeef

GeDoSaTo help!
Can I make a specific/seperate sweetfx config to use with the DDA config?

right now it uses durante, which is the default, do I just use the filename of the custom preset I save?

Arkanius

I think I found out why I have fps drops in Gran Soren and other areas. I checked my cpu usage and its at 100% on four cores.

An I5 3570k at 4.2 GHz.

Never expected this game to push my cpu so much

that's weird. Did you try it on KBM after unplugging/deactivating the xbox controller?

I finally got it working as it should. Still don't know what was wrong. I changed the buttons around a bit and reset the game, unplugging the controller. The weird thing was that using the left mouse button wasn't working to cast a spell either. I had to reassign that button as well. Very weird.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

Have you pushed the button again? I only played a bit of mystique knight (small mage type class), but in confused me as well when my character charged the spell and released it when I push the button again.

Vuze

I think I found out why I have fps drops in Gran Soren and other areas. I checked my cpu usage and its at 100% on four cores.

An I5 3570k at 4.2 GHz.

Never expected this game to push my cpu so much
I have random lag spikes when I look at certain buildings as well. Most noticeably in the starting town when the camera passes the inn building. Certainly distracting even with Gsync enabled.

Cerity

IIRC they did mention in the preview stream that MT engine wasn't really made for running massive open world games like DD so pushing draw distance heavily impacts perf.

Playing Magic Archer, lawd is it satisfying when your pawns hit that one spot you've built up explosive arrows on.

Is there anything more amazing than being able to climb onto monsters and stab the ever loving shit out of them? Add in a camp of bandits and it becomes a party.

Seyavesh

yeah shame they probably didn't implement due to lack of technology/power. Makes you wonder what could happen in a Dragon's Dogma 2

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1017868/Behind-the-Scenes-of-Dragon

Behind the Scenes of Dragon's Dogma: A Look at the Development of Capcom's Open-World Action Role-Playing Game said:
According to Itsuno, the game the team mapped out would have been impossible to create.

"There was no way to create this game within the budget," Itsuno said. Dragon's Dogma was further pared down to about 30 percent more than its current state, before final revisions were made.

I still don't quite get pawns and how you are supposed to use them.

The only pawn that levels is the guy I made. So, what should I do with the other 2, should I release them and get other ones since they fell behind in levels now and if so what about all the equipment and other stuff in their inventory, should I basically strip them naked before I release them so I don't lose anything ?

On a side note switching from a strider to a fighter might've been the best thing I did so far, I was not feeling the game at all with the strider and aiming the bow with the controller was horrible but the fighter class is really fun, I don't even have a shield equipped since my pawn is the main tank guy who takes aggro while I slice and dice from behind.

Anteater

The only pawn that levels is the guy I made. So, what should I do with the other 2, should I release them and get other ones since they fell behind in levels now and if so what about all the equipment and other stuff in their inventory, should I basically strip them naked before I release them so I don't lose anything ?

On a side note switching from a strider to a fighter might've been the best thing I did so far, I was not feeling the game at all with the strider and aiming the bow with the controller was horrible but the fighter class is really fun, I don't even have a shield equipped since my pawn is the main tank guy who takes aggro while I slice and dice from behind.

pawns in the rift are pawns created by other players, so yeah you can release them and hire new ones, what I do is just hire pawns with the skills I want and use them for a while, I'm a melee dude so I mostly get support, as I don't really need them to kill everything for me, so them being behind a level or two isn't that big of a deal, you don't need to gear them up, but if you do they will take whatever you equipped them with, people do it to gift other players (but it's currently broken)

if I'm back to town and getting ready for a new mission I just swap them out for an updated one that comes with new skills I want.

You are supposed to switch out pawns once they start to fall behind.

You can't take off their equipment(it isn't yours after all), the items you let them hold just gets sent to your storage once you send them away or they die.

Seyavesh

you're supposed to refresh your pawns pretty often (whenever it feels it feels they're not pulling their weight/when you just wanna switch things up)- it's part of how the pawn system is designed as to encourage players constantly trying out new pawns

it'd be more obvious/make more sense if the gift/reward system was working (it's busted atm)- you'd see that you get rift crystals from folks hiring your pawn and that your pawn learns more about the game while out there alongside potentially getting a gift/reviews from folks who did hire your pawn

to note, if a message is blank and everything is 3 stars in the review it means your pawn got iced in the field rather than being returned in the rift

Yeah, this would've been one crazy game. Parallel worlds, multiple islands, online with other players, and even a moon dungeon? Nuts
even to this day that dragon's dogma is a '30%' game bums me out and i saw that panel the instant it was released, haha. i seriously doubt a dragon's dogma 2 will ever get made and the feel that the stuff that makes dragon's dogma good doesn't function in a mmo setting due to mmo design requirements so DDO is a no-go too
ah well, one can dream anyhow

Getting really frustrated that GeDoSaTo won't work at all with the game. With it on, the game wouldn't start at all, and then I deactivated it and it would loop Steam's "Preparing to launch" window and also not start.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
BDBF24C8B0F520E785B3F606AB3B7F7B9FAA1A24

I really love this screenshot

Getting really frustrated that GeDoSaTo won't work at all with the game. With it on, the game wouldn't start at all, and then I deactivated it and it would loop Steam's "Preparing to launch" window and also not start.

That's odd i've been using it without issue to force borderless windowed.

Arkanius

I have random lag spikes when I look at certain buildings as well. Most noticeably in the starting town when the camera passes the inn building. Certainly distracting even with Gsync enabled.

Exactly what happens to me. In Gran Soren as well.

Llyranor

Why is this game so good?! It's 4:30 AM and I'm just heading to sleep.

The large monster fights are amazing. Love the Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter influences.

That's odd i've been using it without issue to force borderless windowed.

I just noticed that it's doing the same thing with Dark Souls II, which I have used it for quite a bit in the past. Although Dark Souls II gives me error code 80 when I try to start it with GeDoSaTo deactivated, instead of looping "Preparing to launch..."

KainXVIII

When should i go to Bitterblack island? I mean not character level but story progression, like near the end of game or middle or even after i beat it (i can play after the end quest, can i?). Also i play DD for the first time, if this helps.

Moff

Are you supposed to kill that drake?
I just ran past him and there is some kind of narrow passage behind him that made me think you are supposed to aggro him and lose him there

Lanrutcon

Are you supposed to kill that drake?
I just ran past him and there is some kind of narrow passage behind him that made me think you are supposed to aggro him and lose him there

Dragonkin are meant to be killed. They are great xp and offer other rewards. However, when you can feasibly do so varies greatly.

Anteater

When should i go to Bitterblack island? I mean not character level but story progression, like near the end of game or middle or even after i beat it (i can play after the end quest, can i?). Also i play DD for the first time, if this helps.

end game mobs are definitely lower levels than bitterblack island mobs, so you should go finish the main story first, but whether you want to complete the game is up to you (you can enter bitterblack in a new game+), but you'd definitely want to warm yourself up going through the last section because it'll level you up a bit and getting you some gears

Moff

Dragonkin are meant to be killed. They are great xp and offer other rewards. However, when you can feasibly do so varies greatly.

I meant at that point in the main story.
that drake is in front of the fortress that is part of one of the early main quest missions. and I didn't see a way to get past him without aggroing him.
the content in the actual fortress is a lot easier, so I thought he is not meant to be killed at that point, since he basically oneshots my pawns and me

By the time you get the quest that practically forces to you run right into the drake in order to get into the fort you should be able to handle him.

Lots of people tend to run in to him early on exploring that area, I was the same, tried to fight him and got my ass fried.

KainXVIII

end game mobs are definitely lower levels than bitterblack island mobs, so you should go finish the main story first, but whether you want to complete the game is up to you (you can enter bitterblack in a new game+), but you'd definitely want to warm yourself up going through the last section because it'll level you up a bit and getting you some gears

I hope that New game+ will not make bitterblack more difficult (like in souls game)? =)

Moff

By the time you get the quest that practically forces to you run right into the drake in order to get into the fort you should be able to handle him.

Lots of people tend to run in to him early on exploring that area, I was the same, tried to fight him and got my ass fried.

haha, ok, in that case I am probably just too bad
it's just weird that the content in the fort behind the drake is so easy
I even killed the 2 ogres in the courtyard alone, when I could have opened the gates for the other soldiers
but that drake, no chance

Top Bottom