• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

OTIX

When at the grigori fight does anyone know where selecting last checkpoint after dying will bring you? My party makeup for this fight is not ideal. Also can you fast travel back without dropping a crystal here?
Checkpoint saves are only made when you rest at an inn or enter a rift stone.

Dizzy-4U

So I switched my pawn from warrior to ranger. Should I remove her daggers if I want her to focus on bow attacks? I don't want her to just run in to the enemy.

I heard the game has some serious Pawn related glitches on PC. Should I wait for a patch or am I fine just running with my player created Pawn?

Anteater

make a save back up or something (don't know how it's done tho lol, there's a save manager tho) and just fight him with whatever you have

Samaritan

So... seeing all these gifs of badass Arisen in here with their bigass swords. Did I make a mistake playing this game as a Striderfor the first time?

Corpekata

Banned
My goal is for someone to hire my pawn today.

Come on friends list, I've been cycling through all of your pawns. Share the love.

The pawn system is borked currently. I don't think anyone knows for certain their pawns are being rented beyond being directly told.

garath

My goal is for someone to hire my pawn today.

Come on friends list, I've been cycling through all of your pawns. Share the love.

I wish I knew if someone was hiring my pawn. I've done my best to make her useful and keep her skills and gear up to date.

I generally go through my friend list and grab two pawns a few levels higher than me and keep them until I've outleveled them myself. Usually a few hours of play at least.

Maybe I should cycle them even more frequently.

Grief.exe

The pawn system is borked currently. I don't think anyone knows for certain their pawns are being rented beyond being directly told.

Oh, I didn't realize that.

I have a ton of friends with the game but every time I go into a rift i see the same low level pawns. Anyone else see this?

I've only been able to see the same 15 or so pawns on my friends list, despite over 100 people owning the game.

Just looked, one out of three people on my friends list own Dragon's Dogma.

Not sure if it's because of the new ENB version, or some ENB effects just not triggering anymore on my PC?
But I really love it, no more glow and bloom from wickfut's preset. It only adds AO and eliminate vignette.
Before
lXviV0t.jpg

After
6DUjFiR.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
Not sure if it's because of the new ENB version, or some ENB effects just not triggering anymore on my PC?
But I really love it, no more glow and bloom from wickfut's preset. It only adds AO and eliminate vignette.

The early version the ENB 296 didn't actually work right, Boris reuploaded it and it works again now. So if you got it in the first few hours and replaced it (like I did) it disabled most of the effects like DoF even if enabled. Was scratching my head about it earlier today too, saw it in the comments on one of the Nexus threads.

Quick question: Will I be able to use the skills I have gained as a fighter (shield bashing taunt, running thrust thing) when I change to MK?

Edit: Also, I could only find 3 flowers for the first sidequest. They were around a big tree. Will they re-spawn or do I need to explore further from the village?

The early version the ENB 296 didn't actually work right, Boris reuploaded it and it works again now. So if you got it in the first few hours and replaced it (like I did) it disabled most of the effects like DoF even if enabled. Was scratching my head about it earlier today too, saw it in the comments on one of the Nexus threads.

Ah, I see.
Will download the newest one and see if it works. Thanks.

Edit: Also, I could only find 3 flowers for the first sidequest. They were around a big tree. Will they re-spawn or do I need to explore further from the village?

They respawn, usually in a day or so. They can be found further out though.

Anyone know the quickest way to get a Mystic Shield with a parry timing window worth a damn? The wooden wall is laughable.

Could post your config, please?

Whatever I seem to change it's still way too bright.

Could post your config, please?

Whatever I seem to change it's still way too bright.

I'm using wickfut's config, but it's not working as intended as the core ENB file is didn't actually work. So to get my result, you have to use that 'broken' ENB file, otherwise you'll get the usual ENB effects.
Here's another shots, I think it's perfect for those who prefer original look of the game but wanted to add AO and eliminate the vignette.
Before
QnNPX97.jpg

After
p84gSic.jpg
Here's the 'broken' ENB file if anyone interested. Just put it on the game's folder alongside with Wickfut's files.

Some people on the steam forum are saying that the pawn system is fixed, they got rewards and reviews already. Apparently it's not working for everyone yet.

Admodieus

Pawn system being borked makes sense.

I've used Luce, poison, Jonah, and Athena during my travels so far. My pawn is a Sorcerer named Rose who is becoming a bit of a wrecking ball in my game.

Pawn system being borked makes sense.

I've used Luce, poison, Jonah, and Athena during my travels so far. My pawn is a Sorcerer named Rose who is becoming a bit of a wrecking ball in my game.
Poison has been with me forever lol. I only ever see the same pawns so not much choice anyway lol

I'm using wickfut's config, but it's not working as intended as the core ENB file is didn't actually work. So to get my result, you have to use that 'broken' ENB file, otherwise you'll get the usual ENB effects.
Here's another shots, I think it's perfect for those who prefer original look of the game but wanted to add AO and eliminate the vignette.

Here's the 'broken' ENB file if anyone interested. Just put it on the game's folder alongside with Wickfut's files.

Oh, I see. I've been using wickfut's config but it kind of destroys the original look and it's way too bright for my taste. I just want to remove the vignette filter and maybe add some AO.

I'll take a look at it, thanks!

edit: any idea on how it broke btw? Or is it just an old .dll?

Wanny1

Neo Member

I wish someone would come up with a way to remove the vignette without the use of ENB. Even if you just use "vignette off", you still lose a bunch of framerate with ENB.

For you guys that's ran into one of these.................
ZoqhuDa.jpg

Dont even think about fighting one unless you got a attack rating of around 1000. Just run.

I was barely putting a dent in the things health bar with the stats I have.
VmRBsqO.jpg

Will also download the unlimited Carry Limit mod, i forgot to unload my staff while playing last night and i went on a 2 hours "dungeon" where i couldn't pick up shit

Just as a heads up, a lot of balance stuff is tied into the carry limit and weight system. If you bypass that you're going to mess up the game's balance.

Anteater

For you guys that's ran into one of these.................
ZoqhuDa.jpg

Dont even think about fighting one unless you got a attack rating of around 1000. Just run.

I was barely putting a dent in the things health bar with the stats I have.
VmRBsqO.jpg

it could be killed as early as lvl

need more gifs from you tho :p

garath

So for my assassin, the 6 skills everyone is talking about is my 3 loaded for dagger or sword and the three loaded for bow right? Or am I missing something critical to be able to use 6 dagger skills?

Reposting for new page. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So some users, myself included, can no longer properly use our first two skills.

For instance, if I am a mage, and my LB+X is a cast move that needs to charge, it will charge, but never activate. Only way out of this is to jump. Only happened starting today, and I'm hopinh my save isn't corrupted. Others on Steam and Reddit are reporting similar issues...

I might be encountering a similar bug, but mine has a solution. One of my moves was a melee with a charge up on it. After charging, I hit the button again but it wouldn't launch the attack. Letting go of the modifier key (left ctrl in this case) let the attack loose.

Maybe try letting go of the bumper and seeing if the attack goes?

Just reached gran Soren, changed my vocation and now I have all this new items with great stats to choose from, they have a little house icon, are these dlc stuff? If they are I don't want them

Why are you surprised, its a capcom game, they are known for great ports since DMC4

That's because none of the capcom osaka games are actually ports, their workflow dictates a pc version existing first, even if it was never released/released later.

Drakes, Wyrms and Wyverns are probably your first introduction to the upper class of giant monster:
- They can fly, so you need to disable their wings if you're a melee combatant.

Nah you can just run and grab their tail and then climb up the weak spot and annihilate them.

Just reached gran Soren, changed my vocation and now I have all this new items with great stats to choose from, they have a little house icon, are these dlc stuff? If they are I don't want them

Yes these are dlc/dark arisen items. Some of them have very good stats (especially the duke's outfit), so you are better off not using them until you're at least in very late game.

Top Bottom