• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Does anyone have a save file immediately after killing the hydra/multi headed snake at the first camp?

I'm trying to make a save edit which sets Lost and Found as completed, to hopefully open up the quests that spring after that.

Maximo

You and me both.
Thanks to that skill, this was possible.

giphy.gif

Wut the fuck thats insane, might switch from Assassin.

Mokoi

Banned
game is so addicting. haven't been able to stop playing. Its' been a long time since I played a game with satisfying combat.

I played Mystic Knight most of the time back then, and now I'm playing Assassin with sword & shield.
I just can't let go of my sword & shield.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hmm. I can't seem to get Gedosato to work correctly. I can select the internal rendering res I want in Options, but it just screws up my aspect ratio. I also don't get the downscaling message displayed so I know for sure it's just not working.

Anyone have any tips?

Baha

It's hard switching vocations after getting the Forward Roll skill for Strider. A roll that doesn't cost stamina and has no cool down? I should feel bad rolling across the open world but I don't.

[edit] Well shit, assassins, rangers and magick archers get to use this skill too.

Wut the fuck thats insane, might switch from Assassin.

Your reaction is pretty funny, considering he's using lash there and not deliverance, which is about 10x stronger ;P

Also the dragonkin aren't hard, I think most people here don't realise that you need to expose the heart before you can do any damage; your pawns should tell you this, but ofcourse everyone just turned them off even if this is the first time playing the game for some reason.

Mokoi

Banned
I should listen to my pawns more. they kept saying we must flee, but I was determined to defeat the tentacles in everfall. Spent an hour fighting them hoping just maybe this will be the final one.

Gattsu25

Banned
From 2K Rift Coins to 58K in a single Inn rest :)

Glad to see that the multiplayer appears to be fully working now.
Your reaction is pretty funny, considering he's using lash there and not deliverance, which is about 10x stronger ;P

Also the dragonkin aren't hard, I think most people here don't realise that you need to expose the heart before you can do any damage; your pawns should tell you this, but ofcourse everyone just turned them off even if this is the first time playing the game for some reason.
What? Why would they do that? Pawn chatter IS Dragon's Dogma. It's Dragon's Dogma's essence.

Landford

Banned
My Main pawn just came back bringing 16k rift Cristals. I have played the game for 20 hours and managed to get a meager 300 in total :p

level 45, off to kill one final golem to finish off that hunting mission, then doing final boss of main game. Post-game is gonna be insane I'll see just how much I have to grind when I get there lol.

KingKong

I think I hit the overpowered point where me and my pawns are slaying ogres and hydras in seconds

the magic pawns are doing most of the work too

surjective

Neo Member
Before I get started on this...

Thoughts on hard mode for first time through?

It wasn't scaled for a new playthrough, so several early enemies will kill you in one hit or shred through most of your health. Even bats are scary at the start. However, the doubled experience gain and the increased gold drops eventually push you over that first big hurdle. The increased stamina usage is always annoying.

If that sounds like fun, go for it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

You will level up super fast, get tons of gold, and be one shot by literally everything. Its okay but I wouldn't recommend it.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
How hard is hard mode? I only played it on my PS3 with normal and had a rough time with those freaking bandits in the beginning, but after that everythin was somewhat manageable, except for bosses.

Hard, mainly because damn near everything will one-shot you in the beginning ... especially those bandits. Enemies are much harder to stagger, too ... especially those bandits.

Wouldn't recommend it. Save it for NG+. With Normal, you'll get a more balanced progression.

so GeDaSoTo won't even let me run the game. I get the 'running' steam window and then nothing. I disable and it works fine.

Pretty sure I configured like the OP said and nada. Any thoughts?

Dimmle

So when Maximilian tells me that all of my quests will be dropped as soon as I
meet with the Duke
... does he mean all of my quests?

silva1991

Is the final battle quest the end of the game? that's way too soon, what happens if I beat the dragon? will I be free to do whatever i want? I still haven"t beat some unique monsters and that island.

So when Maximilian tells me that all of my quests will be dropped as soon as I
meet with the Duke
... does he mean all of my quests?

no, in my playthrough quests from the first area didn't drop.

Is the final battle quest the end of the game? that's way too soon, what happens if I beat the dragon? will I be free to do whatever i want? I still haven"t beat some unique monsters and that island.

I'm at the same quest and apparently from what I read it's not but I can't say from personal experience as this is my first time playing. But howlongtobeat tells me it's a 30hr game and I'm only at 20

vakarian32

I played Mystic Knight most of the time back then, and now I'm playing Assassin with sword & shield.
I just can't let go of my sword & shield.

Is sword & shield Assassin any good? I'm still leveling up my Strider and not sure if I want to go Ranger or Assassin next.

So I am level 10(vocation) ranger, do I just stay as ranger or do I switch to another vocation to level it up

In my PS3 game I would switch to another vocation after maxing one out, just to unlock all the augments as you can use those on any class.

For those wondering about inclinations, these are what imo are the best ones for each vocation:

Fighter: scather, mitigator, challenger, utilitarian - this makes them focus on strong enemies first
Warrior: challenger, mitigator, scather, pioneer - this makes it draw the most aggro
Strider: scather, utilitarian, mitigator, challenger - same as fighter, but will also make full use of climbing
Ranger: utilitarian, guardian, mitigator, scather - guardian might seem odd here, but it will keep the ranger close to you if you are ranged as well, making it use it's most powerful skills, just switch guardian with scather if you are melee
Mage: utilitarian, medicant, nexus - this will make a mage actually buff others instead of just healing.
Sorceror: scather, mitigator, utilitarian - just kill everything.

Though eventually it won't really matter what the inclination is, the bestiary overrides a lot of stuff.

Sarcasm

So I messed up the Land Of Opportunity quest.

Accidentally notified all them about the eviction...so now I have to evict them?

Don't have a save..unless last checkpoint would do it.

tuxfool

Banned
So I messed up the Land Of Opportunity quest.

Accidentally notified all them about the eviction...so now I have to evict them?

Don't have a save..unless last checkpoint would do it.

Pay the dude. You lose a chunk of cash, but the quest completes and you get exp.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Is there a recomendation on Portcrystal placement throughout the map?
So far I have these:
- Camp in Devilfire Grove (quick access to Shadowfort, Quarry, and not too far from Aernst Castle)
- Watergod's Altar falls (or Mountain Waycastle), the half-point between Cassardis and Gran Soren
- Heavenspeak Fort (quick access to Soulflayer Canyon, not too far from the Greatwall)
- Bluemoon Tower

For a while I had one in the Witchwood entrance too, gives quick access to Aernst, but it's better to place it at the back entrance to skip the first part. I did that to fight the Metal Golem, since I needed to change Vocation (my magic-based Arisen was helpless). If you don't need to be a melee class though, you can levitate up the back entrance so you don't need a port crystal there, just warp to Cassardis.

I also try to have one in my inventory in case I need to do a quick trip to Gran Soren and back to where I was, though. And I haven't been to the Greatwall yet, but I'd probably put it there instead of Soulflayer since I have no reason to really return there for a while.

this
Duchess
quest... whut?

whut? >_>
Yeah it's terrible, total cringe.
I hate forced love interests, your Arisen can't even say no, even weirder as a female Arisen.
Totally takes me out of the role-playing. :( One of the reasons I made a male Arisen this time, lol.

Top Bottom