• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Thanks to Wickfut for the custom ENB preset. HBAO, AA, and non-vignette only, with almost no performance loss, just perfect!
Off
F1DCCB4B077D6C159C66EBF3E5E6745AFA409AC0

On
E26316CD9A824351DC9A5E7E5D7BBBCC93088ED0

my pawn got rented.

30k crystals :k

Same for me, the first report was 30k crystals. Thanks to my friends!

void666

Banned
So i had to go to this fort in the middle of nowhere. Pitch black dark but whatever. Lets do it.
I'm trekking through the woods when my pawns alert me about goblins nearby. We start kicking their asses. Then i hear the sound of huge wings. By the tree line i see fire gleaming between teeth. Oh shit... RUUUN

We make it to the fort. Huge battle ensues. Sun is rising when we finally beat the goblins.

It was a really nice experience. DD is indeed a flawed gem. It's a crime if we never get a proper sequel.

Random stuff

I complained before about not making my pawn look distinct enough. I just made a waifu like most people do. So i bought the item to edit characters and.... i made her even hotter. Gave her bigger boobs and ass.
Her name is Ashmodara. She is a sorcerer. If you see her, be nice to her.

The thing i hate the most about mystic knights is how everything clips through the shield. It's distracting whenever i'm running around. I now switched to warrior solely because of that.

Lux R7

So, the Ur Dragon died, got Ascalon on my first try! So happy :D

2016_01_19_00010.jpg

Also, Luce is a fighter again, and with a dragon forged Cursed Light in her hand, you want her to fight the darkness on your side!

2016_01_19_00011.jpg

Momentary

Banned
Man I put 48 hours into this game since release and I feel like I'm moving in slow motion compared to where other people are at in the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What level was everyone when they first met the duke?

I've been exploring and doing side quests, so I'm level 42..

ive done most quests and im only 33 :/

Akiller

Managed to load my PS3 save file(thank you DDDAsave tool creator!).
Lv 28 Magick Archer here(since level 10), i feel Like the game has become too easy though, when i meet griffons , chimeras or bandits i just kid around rofl ( also thanks to OP PS3 rented pawns).

I'd Like to change class but that'd need to change most of My set i believe, any advice?Whats the best class to change For coming from a magick archer?

Momentary

Banned
Like what?

Well one MAJOR thing was the dukes obsession with his past lover and the whole choking scene was just like the scene with Griffith and the princess. So damn similar. Then the fact that you get thrown in the dungeon and tortured afterward.

The game draws so much from the Berserk story that it's not even funny. I'm not surprised the it received Berserk DLC.

I just hope they actually make a Berserk game one day. This game is a little too light-hearted compared to the real deal.

Lv 28 Magick Archer here(since level 10), i feel Like the game has become too easy though, when i meet griffons , chimeras or bandits i just kid around rofl ( also thanks to OP PS3 rented pawns).

I'd Like to change class but that'd need to change most of My set i believe, any advice?Whats the best class to change For coming from a magick archer?

Strider.

owlbeak

Wait what? There's a save converter? Does it work on 360? I'd love to bring my savegame over from when I was in the Everfall post-game.

Edit: just googled and saw it only works with Dark Arisen saves, not regular Dragon's Dogma. Bummer! Oh well! :D

Llyranor

What weapon combo is the most funny to use with the assassin? I'm going right now with sword + bow, really liking it but I think I had more fun and played more stylish with the daggers + bow back in Strider. Have not experienced the shield yet

I'm leveling up assassin right now, and I found myself switching weapons randomly every few battles or depending on the situation (bow if flying enemies, shield if lots of melees). Dagger and shield works surprisingly well. Dagger mobility skills + parrying/blocking :D

How are you lot getting such sweet, sweet screenshots? What key do i press? Windows 10 just gives me a blank screen with PrtScrn and F12 dumped the images into the void. I want to show off my chars too, when i make my pawn.

Oh yeah, is there any rush to talk to the peeps in the stone at the encampment? Am i ok to keep on doing quests from the boards or is it a good idea to get your first Pawn ASAP?

How are you lot getting such sweet, sweet screenshots? What key do i press? Windows 10 just gives me a blank screen with PrtScrn and F12 dumped the images into the void. I want to show off my chars too, when i make my pawn.

Oh yeah, is there any rush to talk to the peeps in the stone at the encampment? Am i ok to keep on doing quests from the boards or is it a good idea to get your first Pawn ASAP?

pause > share

And absolutely get your pawn first, you monster.

For those wondering about inclinations, these are what imo are the best ones for each vocation:

Fighter: scather, mitigator, challenger, utilitarian - this makes them focus on strong enemies first
Warrior: challenger, mitigator, scather, pioneer - this makes it draw the most aggro
Strider: scather, utilitarian, mitigator, challenger - same as fighter, but will also make full use of climbing
Ranger: utilitarian, guardian, mitigator, scather - guardian might seem odd here, but it will keep the ranger close to you if you are ranged as well, making it use it's most powerful skills, just switch guardian with scather if you are melee
Mage: utilitarian, medicant, nexus - this will make a mage actually buff others instead of just healing.
Sorceror: scather, mitigator, utilitarian - just kill everything.

Though eventually it won't really matter what the inclination is, the bestiary overrides a lot of stuff.

Also on changing inclininations with potions, use them in order of 2/3/4/6 or 2/3/5/6 with your primary last. this will push down the least favourable ones down quite a bit and keep the ones you want high.
-never- use the neutralising one, this will just destroy your pawn.

Thanks for this Reizo. Could I ask for a bit of clarification regarding these potions? Does the order in which you use them matter? If I understand this correctly, the last one that uses 6 is the inclination you want the most correct?

So if I wanted to make a ranger pawn "Ranger: utilitarian, guardian, mitigator, scather", I'd be using 2 scather, 3 mitigator, 5 guardian, 6 ultiltarian. Is that correct?

Echoplx

Is the pawn system still not really working? I've gotten a few rewards but I know for a fact my housemate used my pawn a lot (I watched him lol) and I never received anything.

And I still can't even find his pawn even though he can use mine.

silva1991

You mean being able to carry more weight? Fighter, iirc. It's an augment so you can equip it on any class.

That reminds me that I should probably grab that myself.

Yup that's the one. I'm almost done with magic archer and I need another melee class anyways so fighter will do.

garath

Thanks for this Reizo. Could I ask for a bit of clarification regarding these potions? Does the order in which you use them matter? If I understand this correctly, the last one that uses 6 is the inclination you want the most correct?

So if I wanted to make a ranger pawn "Ranger: utilitarian, guardian, mitigator, scather", I'd be using 2 scather, 3 mitigator, 5 guardian, 6 ultiltarian. Is that correct?

Yes to all of your questions.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Thanks to Wickfut for the custom ENB preset. HBAO, AA, and non-vignette only, with almost no performance loss, just perfect!

I have been staring at these images for the last couple minutes trying to spot a difference. I am starting to feel convinced that its just an elaborate rouse to drive me insane.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where the hell is madeleine's store? I cant find it anyware

Are there any other legitimate level 110+ players on here (transferred my save from PS3)? Most 100+ pawns are hacked (you can easily tell by the hours the owner has - full dragonforged Abyssal gear in 20 hours? Yeah okay) so I would love to have legitimate pawns to choose from.

iosefe

i was doing a jump attack for shits and gigles near the pawn guild

a random pawned phased in mid attack and got hit in the face

now i'm in the dungeon

garath

i was doing a jump attack for shits and gigles near the pawn guild

a random pawned phased in mid attack and got hit in the face

now i'm in the dungeon

But but officer, his face hit *my* sword. He should be in the dungeon and my sword should get an apology!

DigtialT

People, please fix your pawns inclinations. I can't tell you how many times I decided not to use a high level pawn cause it's inclinations sucked. Like, why would anyone put Acquisitor as their primary? Or Nexus/Guardian?

garath

People, please fix your pawns inclinations. I can't tell you how many times I decided not to use a high level pawn cause it's inclinations sucked. Like, why would anyone put Acquisitor as their primary? Or Nexus/Guardian?

Yeah :( I struggled to find a female warrior (for the grimoire quest) around my level last night. I ended up with someone 10 levels higher. Guardian fighter/warrior is a no no for me.

Haunted

Where can you choose that? Is the pawn copying the main character's playstyle or is it done with those vague dialogue options in the chair?

Corpekata

Banned
Where can you choose that? Is the pawn copying the main character's playstyle or is it done with those vague dialogue options in the chair?

You can try to manage it via the chair but there's also a vendor in the Encampment that will sell potions to set them too. They're only like 250 RC so most people should have more than enough to change them at will.

They do learn somewhat from the Arisen, like if you use the Help command a lot I think it pushes them toward Guardian a bit.

Rhaknar

when you kill your first drake

giphy.gif

that must have been like 20 minutes, used up almost all my herbs and shit. Amazing feeling, this fucking game

Dizzy-4U

How do you make the chests in BBI respawn? I think I'm underleveled to finish BBI but doing some chests runs could get me decent armors.

My pawn is too low level to be rented. I need to keep playing :(

If we're not already friends on Steam add me. I'm only in the mid twenties. I can run your pawn around for a bit and get you some RC. http://steamcommunity.com/id/MakeshiftChef/

And a big thank you to those of you who have taken my pawn out for a spin as I am now up 56K RC (especially Reizo... 30K just from him, lol).

I am having a lot of fun playing this, the combat is so satisfying.

ParityBit

Is there a good character creation guide? Dealing with classes, size, etc? Something in text form so I can read it over the rest of the day.

Thanks!

Top Bottom