• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Kard8p3

Just killed a drake without taking any damage.. felt good!

I have a question, is it possible for a support pawn's equipment to be dragonforged? I can't remember if this pawn I have had his cloak already enhanced by a drake or not.

Loving this game. Just loving it.

3lQtR.jpg

IaQx3.jpg

2W5m9.jpg

I hope you are too.

Great great shots.

iamcenok

Clocked in well over 50+ hours on the game and it's still incredibly fun.
I never tire of the Chimera/Griffin/Ogre/Cyclops encounters.

I just wish the crafting mechanic was fleshed out a bit more. It feels rather pointless.
I think this game would have greatly benefitted from ripping the Monster Hunter crafting system. I think it would have been a lot more satisfying.

Also.. I don't support Capcpoms DLC practices -- but if they ever come out with Armor and weapon sets from MH id buy that in a heartbeat.

Hell.. give me some Monsters to fight. I wouldn't mind fighting Blos, or Rathian.. or hell.. even Kut-ku in DD. I think a crossover would be amazing. C'mon Capcpom make it happen!!
Or hell, give me a full fledged Ps360 Monster hunter

389226_10150832848122742_699153798_n.jpg

579709_10150835594217742_1481591565_n.jpg

538249_10150828968197742_590677741_9688953_1749180540_n.jpg

Schwabe

LOL! found the ur-dragon chamber, was nearly dead. i did the final blow. epic win! gained 2 level :D i love post game farming^^

Jac_Solar

Does Witchwood contain more explorable areas than simply the area up to the witches hut? There's a waterfall at the bottom of the explorable Witchwood area on my map currently, and it seems to lead to somewhere, but jumping off just places me back ontop of the waterfall.

ironcreed

Banned
If I die, I'm blaming you!
:p

Going to go exploring for one now.

LOL, I never said you would not die! Seriously, just take your time and focus on the heart. Run when you see fire start spewing out of his mouth, watch his tail and he is weak to ice. It may take awhile, but you will get him.

*Edit* Make sure you have some equipment upgraded to three stars. If you are fighting while online, anything with that rating will be Dragon Forged. Which is essentially getting the 4th upgrade.

LOL, I never said you would not die! Seriously, just take your time and focus on the heart. Run when you see fire start spewing out of his mouth, watch his tail and he is weak to ice. It may take awhile, but you will get him.

*Edit* Make sure you have some equipment upgraded to three stars. If you are fighting while online, anything with that rating will be Dragon Forged. Which is essentially getting the 4th upgrade.

You basically have to knock it off balance to get to the heart, correct?

And that last part is good to know. Half of my equips are three stars.

ironcreed

Banned
You basically have to knock it off balance to get to the heart, correct?

And that last part is good to know. Half of my equips are three stars.

Actually, you can get right up underneath him and go nuts when he is on the ground. If you position yourself just right, he should not hit you unless he charges. Also, nail his heart with ranged attacks when he is in the air and shoot his wings to bring him down. But other than that, yes, he will fall on his side and leave himself open as well.

And that only works if you're online?

ironcreed

Banned
And that only works if you're online?

According to the guide, when you fight any dragon offline getting your equipment Dragon Forged is based on percentage as follows:

Equipment level 0- 0% chance for both Ur-Dragon and Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern

Equipment level 1- 2% chance for both Ur-Dragon and Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern

Equipment level 2- 10% chance for Ur-Dragon and 6% for Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern

Equipment level 3- 30% chance for Ur-Dragon and 18% for Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern

If you are online and kill the Ur Dragon, all of your equipment automatically becomes Dragon Forged.

Anteater

Dude pawns need to stop opening the big chests, they should always leave that to the Arisen, they could open the small ones with rocks or whatever.

According to the guide, when you fight any dragon offline getting your equipment Dragon Forged is based on percentage as follows:

Equipment level 0- 0% chance for both Ur-Dragon and Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern

Equipment level 1- 2% chance for both Ur-Dragon and Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern

Equipment level 2- 10% chance for Ur-Dragon and 6% for Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern

Equipment Level 3- 30% chance for Ur-Dragon and 18% for Drake/Wyrm/Wyvern

If you are online and kill the Ur Dragon, all of your equipment automatically becomes Dragon Forged.

I see - those are decent odds.

Wait, the Ur-Dragon can be encountered offline?

i finished all wyrm hunt quest, and now the only option left is to meet the duke. did the ser warn me to finish all open quests before i meet him, or was he only speaking about the wyrm quests?

Is there a general consensus or rundown on the classes anywhere? Also, if I want to roll a mystic knight should I start off as a fighter or mage? Thanks.

So what is the warrior class like? Just slow lumbering strikes using super big two handed swords?

Also, are mystic knights played more as warriors or mage like? I wouldn't mind having a big shield and cool mace or sword, but I want to be more of a physical fighter type with cool un-mage robey armor.

I like making up words i guess

Finally got the balls to face the drake. Level 38 with level 30 support pawns. Totally blind and with all the wrong special attacks
fire specialties
. My main pawn never ONCE cast High Bolide or dealt any significant damage. So disappointed in her.
The drake was killed after a full 24 hour cycle, practically solo, half health bar and no curatives for the last quarter of the battle.

Feels fucking amazing, man.

Level 21 now.
This game is like Deadly Premonition....an ugly masterpiece.

DAT feeling after surviving a night without a lamp somewhere in the forest.
YES this game does not look good but never mind...it's awesome.

This game is rough around the edges no doubt, but this game does

Dragon%2527s%2BDogma%2BScreenshot_11.jpg

not

Dragon%2527s%2BDogma%2BScreenshot_22.jpg

look

dragons-dogma-20110816101818923-3507974.jpg

bad

dragons-dogma-20120409095055957-3625306.jpg

at all.

Personally, Skyrim & Witcher 2 did nothing for me.
The superior lighting & animation in this game alone makes it better to me.

Kyon

Banned
the 2nd DLC is out. It's called the Monster Hunter. Apparently you get weapons that specialize in killing certain monsters. anyone get it?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That magic archer light yourself on fire skill is pretty nuts on big enemies. I just took down a Chimera and Ogre in record time with it.

Storywise, this game is so hilariously weird. I
did a sidequest in the duke's mansion to meet the duchess at night. I snuck into her room, and the Duke came in. He starts choking her for some reason, then I regained control and went to attack him. The next cutscene had the duchess frame me, I got thrown in jail and broke out. But going back to the Duke, he just says what he always did and acts like that never happened.
Also, the Arisen is the most awkward silent protagonist I've ever seen.

1stStrike

Banned
Phew. For post-game go mystic archer and use the ricochet arrow. With all of the areas being mostly enclosed inside the everfall it's easy pickings.

Also, I really hate those fucking succubus. Lock-on magic arrow make short work of them.

That magic archer light yourself on fire skill is pretty nuts on big enemies. I just took down a Chimera and Ogre in record time with it.

did a sidequest in the duke's mansion to meet the duchess at night. I snuck into her room, and the Duke came in. He starts choking her for some reason, then I regained control and went to attack him. The next cutscene had the duchess frame me, I got thrown in jail and broke out. But going back to the Duke, he just says what he always did and acts like that never happened.

He gawks at people way too often.

Tex117

Banned
The game started off pretty confusing and its difficult to figure out what you need to be doing, where you can go due to your low levels..etc...etc..

But once everything "clicks", dear gawd...the game is excellent.

To echo an above poster, the game is indeed a "flawed masterpiece."

I got this game alongside Diablo 3 and I played it for about an hour. I've been craving this game since I first saw some of the videos, but after playing for a short time (I got to the part outside of the Pawn encampment where you have to grab onto that troll thing) I put it down and probably won't pick it up again for a while, at least until I'm in a situation where there's literally nothing else to play.

I suspect it's one of those games where if you stick through the garbage dump at the beginning, it gets really good, but man did it leave a terrible first impression. The UI in particular is one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen. I couldn't even figure out how to equip an item at first, and the art on the UI looks like a complete joke.

Babalu.

Is there some kind of skills builder/calculator for this game? Like to plan my characters build kind of like they have for MMO's.

Or even a list of each vocations skills somewhere?

Anyone know if you could have left through the door & let the
King kill her?

This quest bothered me for the same reason. He should want my head on a pike but I can come and go as I please.

It's like joining the Stormcloaks as a High Elf in Skyrim - shit don't make sense. But this was a pre-defined story moment, you'd think they'd change things up a bit. Use the incident to end a story arc or something.

1stStrike

Banned

This quest bothered me.

Edmun catches me with his young wife and has me tortured in his dungeon. I escape and return to find him sitting on his throne. He speaks to me as though nothing happened. Uh...what?

I somehow missed this quest, as well as the Blighted Manse (which annoys me greatly) but that happens throughout the game and even in post-game. In one scene the duke
sends his guards after you and you have to flee the city... and then you just walk in and everyone acts like it never happened.
I was just like wtf 0_o

Also, I found some creepy dude in a dark corner by the western gate up against the wall. His name is Walter or something. I think he's been there the whole game but I never found him till now :eek:

I suspect it's one of those games where if you stick through the garbage dump at the beginning, it gets really good, but man did it leave a terrible first impression. The UI in particular is one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen. I couldn't even figure out how to equip an item at first, and the art on the UI looks like a complete joke.

Really? Hit Pause > go to Equipment > select what you want.
Is that so hard?
The menu & UI is as standard & simple as you can get.

Is there some kind of skills builder/calculator for this game? Like to plan my characters build kind of like they have for MMO's.

Or even a list of each vocations skills somewhere?

I'm sure one of the Dragon's Dogma wiki's have all that.

Top Bottom