• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

In the mean time, what they should do. Is people NEED to stop giving Mages and Sorcerers inclinations. PERIOD. Leave them blank, use the potion and leave them blank. I only hire Mages and Sorcerers unless they have similar traits to my pawn or they have nothing at all.

This is how it goes for me. Cool looking Sorcerer. Check. Skills seem varied. Check. Armor is varied. Check. Scather and Pioneer?! GTFO....

I have Scather and Challenger on my Sorcerer pawn and a lot of players seem to be quite fond of her :p

Ranked in the 1200s overall on PS3.

I have Scather and Challenger on my Sorcerer pawn and a lot of players seem to be quite fond of her :p

Ranked in the 1200s overall on PS3.

It drives me insane. All of the Sorcerers I have hired with Scather literally run right up to enemies and cast their spell, directly infront of the massive beasts and draws insane aggro.

Inclinations I automatically press triangle on in the Rift. Scather. Nexus. Pioneer. Guardian. Medicant. Medicant is absolutely redundant, because if the Mage has the healing spell, or the spell that takes away status effects they immediately cast them even without mendicant on.

Anteater

What a terrible night to have a curse...

Seriously though, fighting huge monsters in dark forests and dungeons has been some of the most tense and exciting gameplay I've seen in a while. That and stumbling onto the set of Crouching Goblin, Hidden Ballista.

Yea they really got the atmosphere down

Man I saw a camp at night and I was like fuck yeah no bandits and free loot, picked up some stupid nuts from the chests and a bunch of wolves went after me.

I fought them while moving slowly towards the nearest fort, but they kept calling for more, it was so epic for no reason and I spent like half of the night fighting them
KuGsj.gif

Yo Gotti

Banned
Can someone explain the mystic knight class to me? Like what stats you should shoot for and how exactly it plays? Also, the same for assassin, thanks!

Assassins kick ass for their attack strength and counterattacks, they're the only class in the game with true counters I believe, and they get the most STR points per level in the game, even higher than a Warrior. They can use Daggers, Swords, Shields and Bows and get some cool unique moves for all of them, daggers are especially deadly in the hands of an assassin. The only downside to Assassins is that their defense is kind of weak all around, except at night after you unlock Bloodlust, which is by far the best Augment in the game.

If you enjoy the physical aspects of the combat, Assassin is pretty much perfect. I prefer their weapon techniques over pretty much any other class.

Can't help you with Mystic Knight :X.

Arcteryx

It drives me insane. All of the Sorcerers I have hired with Scather literally run right up to enemies and cast their spell, directly infront of the massive beasts and draws insane aggro.

Inclinations I automatically press triangle on in the Rift. Scather. Nexus. Pioneer. Guardian. Medicant. Medicant is absolutely redundant, because if the Mage has the healing spell, or the spell that takes away status effects they immediately cast them even without mendicant on.

Yea the worst part about that is they end up not casting anything. They just start hopping around trying to start casting a spell then repeat hopping around until someone else kills it.

Assassins kick ass for their attack strength and counterattacks, they're the only class in the game with true counters I believe, and they get the most STR points per level in the game, even higher than a Warrior. They can use Daggers, Swords, Shields and Bows and get some cool unique moves for all of them, daggers are especially deadly in the hands of an assassin. The only downside to Assassins is that their defense is kind of weak all around, except at night after you unlock Bloodlust, which is by far the best Augment in the game.

If you enjoy the physical aspects of the combat, Assassin is pretty much perfect. I prefer their weapon techniques over pretty much any other class.

Can't help you with Mystic Knight :X.

I tried out the Mystic Knight after being an Assassin for so long and MK was just boring to me. I prefer the Assassin's skillset, especially te counters such as Masterful Kill. Such a satisfying counter to pull off.

Ah, this is what I'm hesitant about. I have very little idea of that is being said here and I would like to know more since I have a Sorcerer (lv26) of my own.

What would be some advice to get her to behave appropriately and efficiently for end game combat?

Yo Gotti

Banned
I tried out the Mystic Knight after being an Assassin for so long and MK was just boring to me. I prefer the Assassin's skillset, especially te counters such as Masterful Kill. Such a satisfying counter to pull off.

Try going to Warrior after doing 20 or so levels as an Assassin.

Clout + Bloodlust + Vehemence = STR 2000+ by day and 3500+ by night.

Too much damn fun.

Ah, this is what I'm hesitant about. I have very little idea of that is being said here and I would like to know more since I have a Sorcerer (lv26) of my own.

What would be some advice to get her to behave appropriately and efficiently for end game combat?

Just use the Scather and Challenger Elixirs on your Sorcerer pawn. Inclination Elixirs can be purchased at the Encampment. Never had a problem with my Sorcerer with those inclinations.

Btw, I love Warrior! My second favorite class after Assassin.

Damn, this has become yet another game I've put down before beating after being so far into it. Need to finish it up, just getting to the third section of the mission I believe.

Two more days before I go back to work, gotta finish it up.

Scather - A draught that realigns a pawn's inclination that he/she might readily pursue the strongest foes.

Challenger - A draught that realigns a pawn's inclination that he/she might go after foes wielding ranged weapons or magicks.

Oh hell yes! That is what I want. So one potion of each should do the trick or a set amount based on her inclinations thus far?

Oh hell yes! That is what I want. So one potion of each should do the trick or a set amount based on her inclinations thus far?

The first Elixir you use will be your primary Inclination, and then the secondary. One of each should be fine, but carry multiples in this case...

Note: your pawn's inclination might change to Guardian if you keep calling out for help or support.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Troublesome Tome sidequest help please...

Ok, so i get to that first fortress with all the female hunters and the quest map points me to the leader who immediately attacks me because im a dude. So we eventually kill everyone there, and then there's no more quest marker telling me where to go next. The tome isn't in that fortress, so where the hell is it and where do i go?

I tried going to bottom of the fortress and through the back area behind it on that path where the rocks fall and keep going. Im getting destroyed left and right by harpies and these white wolves, and these little mosnters that are invisible and attack in packs. I think i went the wrong way after i killed all the female hunters. The quest marker doesnt show me where to go after i killed them....any help?

I hate the sorcerer/mage thing because all I do is sit back and cast spells while everyone else does the work...
Hmmm, think I might restart as a mage then, the combat in this game is some of the worst I've ever played - the only way I'm going to make it through is if I don't partake in melee at all!

I must ask: am I doing it wrong or is the general tactic just to mash the attack buttons as much as you can until the enemy is dead, because there is absolutely nothing else to do as far as I can see, no strategy at all, it's just mash, mash, mash.

Dresden

Hmmm, think I might restart as a mage then, the combat in this game is some of the worst I've ever played - the only way I'm going to make it through is if I don't partake in melee at all!

I must ask: am I doing it wrong or is the general tactic just to mash the attack buttons as much as you can until the enemy is dead, because there is absolutely nothing else to do as far as I can see, no strategy at all, it's just mash, mash, mash.

well, the skills, plus the second combo string you unlock and use by delaying the second tap.

really the combat is pretty good, but if you don't like to each his own.

Personally, I used like five of each. It's not like there's anything better to spend RC on.

At lv26 I only have about 11,000RC - is this normal? Should I have more? How can I get more?

Troublesome Tome sidequest help please...

Ok, so i get to that first fortress with all the female hunters and the quest map points me to the leader who immediately attacks me because im a dude. So we eventually kill everyone there, and then there's no more quest marker telling me where to go next. The tome isn't in that fortress, so where the hell is it and where do i go?

I tried going to bottom of the fortress and through the back area behind it on that path where the rocks fall and keep going. Im getting destroyed left and right by harpies and these white wolves, and these little mosnters that are invisible and attack in packs. I think i went the wrong way after i killed all the female hunters. The quest marker doesnt show me where to go after i killed them....any help?

If you head south toward the Witchwood - you'll see a large castle at the southern ocean. That should be what you're looking for. For me, it glitched and I didn't have quest markers but the quest still functions, I think.

Foxix Von

Oh dangit, I accidentally hit a merchant in Gran Soren while trying to make a purchase. I got my butt hauled off to prison and accidentally used a skeleton key up on the prison door. As I walked out I bumped into a guard and I just barely had enough cash to bribe him. What in the heck happens if you don't have enough cash on you?

Anteater

ahahhaha, prepared to head out, ran outside to be greeted by a random Griffin, took out 70% of my hp in 2 hits then it flew away, fml

dragonsdogmascreenshogpiwr.jpg

Edit: hahahaha holy shit it won't leave me alone, I'm just trying to get to ancient quarry, leave me alone
KuGsj.gif

EekTheKat

Someone hired my util/scather tank pawn and I received 100,000 RC
(my pawn is currently level 95 with several Ur-Dragon kills under her belt, so that RC value may be pretty standard at that level range)
or so, which was actually a surprise considering how dry things have been lately on the pawn hiring front.

Relatively speaking, she's pretty decked out though, and actually dressed compared to other tanks dressed in a paper mache bikini.

I pretty much gave her all the good loot I had on me while I wore the more mundane stuff. In her current gear she should be 100% immune to petrification, though from the looks of it she's been pretty good at getting out of the way of various petrification spells in actual combat so I might try shifting her resistances to some other stat.

From what I've seen, as a util/scather fighter she'll taunt, go into turtle mode, launch mode on certain bosses, grab and hold varies enemies, and is generally fairly hard to kill due to all the defensive abilities set on her skills list.

South from where...the castle with the female hunters that i killed?

Oh yeah, way south from that - from the encampment where you first met your pawn, take the northern road, and take the south turn at the fork (this will be on your left). Follow that road south (you'll come across a hill where a boulder rolls down at you). This road leads to the Witchwood (East) and the a coastal castle (South) - this is where you'll find that tome regardless of where your markers show on your map (mine were glitched).

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Oh yeah, way south from that - from the encampment where you first met your pawn, take the northern road, and take the south turn at the fork (this will be on your left). Follow that road south (you'll come across a hill where a boulder rolls down at you). This road leads to the Witchwood (East) and the a coastal castle (South) - this is where you'll find that tome regardless of where your markers show on your map (mine were glitched).

Son of a bitch...that has to be what happened to me too. I just found a map online of the whole area of Gransys and where i am now vs where you told me i need to be is WAYYYYY off. Probably why im getting destroyed so much. Thank you....i was seriously getting pissed at the game and was gonna shelve it for a while.

Hey, I want to make my pawn have bright green hair - how does this work and what color is that bright green? Like a lime? Or a color that already existed in the pawn creator? Do I use the item on her and it just changes her, or do I have to put the item in her invo? Do I activate the item at the title screen?

Son of a bitch...that has to be what happened to me too. I just found a map online of the whole area of Gransys and where i am now vs where you told me i need to be is WAYYYYY off. Probably why im getting destroyed so much. Thank you....i was seriously getting pissed at the game and was gonna shelve it for a while.

Yeah, no prob - I just finished that quest as well, what a pain. Just wait for the snakeskin purse quest, oh goodie.

Anteater

Hey, I want to make my pawn have bright green hair - how does this work and what color is that bright green? Like a lime? Or a color that already existed in the pawn creator? Do I use the item on her and it just changes her, or do I have to put the item in her invo? Do I activate the item at the title screen?

You could buy hair dye with rift crystals at the Rift store at encampment, once you bought them, they will be available at the barber shop at gran soren

demigod

Still looking for a Gold Idol for PS3 version if anyone who's beaten the game already and has no use for it.

I'm amazed at how big this game is. So much voice acting in this game and rarely anyone says the same thing.

Yea the worst part about that is they end up not casting anything. They just start hopping around trying to start casting a spell then repeat hopping around until someone else kills it.

Ah, You know exactly what I'm talking about. They hop around and shoot blasts from their hands.

If you have a Fighter or Warrior. Scather is fine; but when it comes to Sorcerers it should not be on there period.

Leave them blank. They will auto adjust to what ever situation is needed. As long as they have a competent monster dictionary.

Scather also should never, ever be attached to a Ranger pawn. Ever. Challenger and Mitigator have garnished the best results.

LOL, I see you must have not gotten very far yet.

There is alot of voice acting for sure. Ever try talking to the NPCs in Cassardis after a major story in Gran Soren? I was amazed sometimes, you could press talk up to 3 or 4 times before they repeat the last line.

The Dragon Forged and his pawn have considerable VA too.

Soaked to the bone!

Yes, that's what's going to happen if you decide to go foraging for pennies in the Gran Soren fountain. I don't see why you need to be so dramatic about it.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Goblins, they breed like rabbits!

That is specists, I always feel bad for the goblins.

Ah, You know exactly what I'm talking about. They hop around and shoot blasts from their hands.

If you have a Fighter or Warrior. Scather is fine; but when it comes to Sorcerers it should not be on there period.

Leave them blank. They will auto adjust to what ever situation is needed. As long as they have a competent monster dictionary.

Scather also should never, ever be attached to a Ranger pawn. Ever. Challenger and Mitigator have garnished the best results.

How do you blank them out? I figured scather would make my sorcerer attack more and walk around less. I just want her to nuke shit, so blank is best?

Goblins, they breed like rabbits!

That is specists, I always feel bad for the goblins.

How do you blank them out? I figured scather would make my sorcerer attack more and walk around less. I just want her to nuke shit, so blank is best?

There is a potion I believe that should reset everything. Also I'm 99 hrs 30 minutes in and I'm not going after Salomet at the Tower on my first play through. Damn. It didn't feel that long...

Top Bottom