• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Lach

Damn I must have been really lucky with my first Goremaeara. I thought it wasn't too hard. Then in Everfall it took about 15 minutes to get it down because of the stupid, healing goathead!

Schwabe

This weeks DLC, shameless copied from gamesfaq.com

Dragon's Dogma From a Different Sky - Part 5
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/addonDetail/277970

Dragon's Dogma Set Out for Adventure - A Great Defense
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/addonDetail/277950

Dragon's Dogma Set Out for Adventure - The Best Offense
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/addonDetail/277930

Dragon's Dogma Set Out for Adventure - The Right Tools
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/addonDetail/277910

Anteater

that stuff was free if you pre-ordered in uk btw. i downloaded it and never used it.

when is the real DLC coming? i need hard facts asap.

I think they're free anyway right? I found the farewell stuff in my first playthrough at Cassardis

Edit: by free I mean they were in my game without downloading anything or preordering, they were sold by the merchant

I think they're free anyway right? I found the farewell stuff in my first playthrough at Cassardis

Edit: by free I mean they were in my game without downloading anything or preordering, they were sold by the merchant

Yeah, they're in the game already. I think the DLC just puts them in your item storage, but you pay real money for it...

Chill out man, they're enhanced to Level 2.

lol, I realize you're being sarcastic but I'm not mad or anything I'm just shocked at the ridiculousness of it all

The performance on ps3 is fucking weeeeird, there are times where absolutely nothing is happening and it would feel laggy, as if there's a virus scan running in the background.

I always equated that to when the game was "silent" installing. It usually happens to me after a quest, I run through a gate and say for e.g I attempt to talk to someone, it slows to a complete crawl with absolutely nothing happening. Then I realised what it was...

Owzers

I stopped wearing griffin armor to get my weight down so i could sprint more to make running around the map easier. It does make things a bit better, though i still hate the system. I migrated to a Mage Knight from a Mage Archer, both classes are fun, though Mage Knight is a bit similar to regular sword/shield people.

Derrick01

Banned
The performance on ps3 is fucking weeeeird, there are times where absolutely nothing is happening and it would feel laggy, as if there's a virus scan running in the background.

The pop in is almost too much for me. I've had countless times where I ran to a quest spot on the map and I had to wait 5+ seconds for the object/person to spawn right where I was standing. That's unacceptable to me.

Gueras

Banned
I'm so sad :( I bought the game in USA, but the game doesn´t install :( It runs but doesn't install... the problem is that I live in Brazil...

And for sure , some part of the game will freeze... :(

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Been quite enjoying the DLC quests, rewards aren't great but finding all the medals is tricky and kinda fun -some are really well hidden in areas you wouldn't know were reachable.

Just got 2 regular message board quests left to do, then I think I'm done. You make so much money off of the last few and they real easy as most monsters are regular spawns in the Everfall.

soldat7

The pop in is almost too much for me. I've had countless times where I ran to a quest spot on the map and I had to wait 5+ seconds for the object/person to spawn right where I was standing. That's unacceptable to me.

Wait, is it better on 360? I have no friends with this game so it's all down to performance for me. That screen-tearing though...

fallingdove

Wait, is it better on 360? I have no friends with this game so it's all down to performance for me. That screen-tearing though...

I played it a bit on the 360 over the weekend. Pop-in seems about the same when it is installed. - I imagine its worse when not installed?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

I never noticed anything other than a slight blink, maybe 200-300ms for a vendor to show. Do you have space on your HD? I'm using a 7200RPM 32MB hybrid and the performance it great. The worst I ever notice is some audio stuttering during auto-saves.

Anteater

Snipers and Striders are ASSHOLES, fuckers and their firecracker spam

I forgot I unequipped stinger last night, had to dash at them :(

Edit: snow harpies are assholes too, and dire wolves, especially dire wolves and especially snow harpies

Majmun

Just beat the dragon with a frikkin' Mystic Night. Took me like half an hour! Was lvl 45.
I imagine the fight would be easier with an assassin...

After beating the dragon

getting slayed by puny goblins outside of town. WHAT THE FUCK. This post game is some serious shit

Could someone help me out with a quest - it is in Gran Soren, and involves a child that runs very fast. This part of the quest starts on top of a roof where you talk with him and he runs away. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Run up to him and grab/speak to him? I can't seem keep up with him. Attacking him alerts the guard. Is this a glitch? Thanks.

Anteater

omg someone tell me there's a way to get out of harpies' sleep lock
Soloing a dozen of them is driving me insane
KuGsj.gif

Could someone help me out with a quest - it is in Gran Soren, and involves a child that runs very fast. This part of the quest starts on top of a roof where you talk with him and he runs away. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Run up to him and grab/speak to him? I can't seem keep up with him. Attacking him alerts the guard. Is this a glitch? Thanks.

Yeah you have to grab him

Don't attack him, just run up to him and give him a bump. That'll knock him down and all you have to do is press the grab button when he's down to get him.

The first time you see him, you just approach him. When you meet him under the bridge, you need to grab him. It shouldn't be too difficult, though he can be squirrely.

ironcreed

Banned
This weeks DLC, shameless copied from gamesfaq.com

I want some meaty quests with new monsters. I am not buying anymore of the weapon packs and I am not buying the rest of these 'From a Different Sky' quests until I see if there is something worthwhile at the end. No point in paying just to go to a location and find a medallion over and over.

Not really. You just get stripped of your equipment and you can bribe a guard to let you out. You can then put your equipment back on after you leave.

Interestingly enough, I maxed out the prison garb with enhancement and its surprisingly resistant to petrification if I recall. Not home to double check.

trmas

Banned
Need some advice.

I started this game as a mage/sorcerer and am TOTALLY wrecking shop with this chick, with the thought of moving to magic archer in the long run. However, I am simply bored with the mage classes and wish I'd reversed my pawn (fighter/warrior) and my main character. I have some really cool stuff from soul flayer canyon so starting over makes me want to cringe. However, all the cool gear is for fighter types

But my main character has no strength/stamina so moving from mage to another vocation to fighter/warrior seems incredibly stupid.

Level 34, haven't met the duke yet, but have uncovered most of the map south of Gran Soren. Really would like to go back and play as a fighter/warrior with the option of mystic knight and assassin, or even ranger if so desired.

Should I continue along the path to Mystic Archer, and just play a second game later with the other vocations? Or should I just start over now with the other type of class before unlocking more of the game?

I hate the sorcerer/mage thing because all I do is sit back and cast spells while everyone else does the work... can I save this game and come back to it with a USB drive or something?

Anteater

Need some advice.

I started this game as a mage/sorcerer and am TOTALLY wrecking shop with this chick, with the thought of moving to magic archer in the long run. However, I am simply bored with the mage classes and wish I'd reversed my pawn (fighter/warrior) and my main character. I have some really cool stuff from soul flayer canyon so starting over makes me want to cringe. However, all the cool gear is for fighter types

But my main character has no strength/stamina so moving from mage to another vocation to fighter/warrior seems incredibly stupid.

Level 34, haven't met the duke yet, but have uncovered most of the map south of Gran Soren. Really would like to go back and play as a fighter/warrior with the option of mystic knight and assassin, or even ranger if so desired.

Should I continue along the path to Mystic Archer, and just play a second game later with the other vocations? Or should I just start over now with the other type of class before unlocking more of the game?

I hate the sorcerer/mage thing because all I do is sit back and cast spells while everyone else does the work... can I save this game and come back to it with a USB drive or something?

Just switch to the classes you want to play, I don't think the stats really matter too much since the game isn't really that hard med game, and you have pawns to compensate your weakness. Also if you go Mystic knight, you could probably put those magic into use.

sublimit

Banned
If they ever do a sequel i hope they include an inclination parameter in the pawn searching system.I've been searching for more than an hour to find a pawn with the inclination i want.

Need some advice.

Strength has no bearing on a Magic archer. Even if you have knives, most of their skills depend on a high magic stat, if you want to be a Fighter/Warrior you can, with each level up you gain strength and defense stats a Mage would not receive. So if that's the route you want to go you can, just do lots of side quests, kill tons of big monsters, and in no time you'll have great strength and defense stats, but level 34? Hmmmm. You'll have to stay a Fighter/Warrior till Lvl 68 to see good results.

Anteater

If they ever do a sequel i hope they include inclination parameter in the pawn searching system.I've been searching for more than an hour to find a pawn with the inclination i want.

The search system definitely needs more work, I find myself just don't bother with it and pick whatever the 10 person that comes up on the list out of like 100, I don't know how to search for more :(

nope 5 more to go :p

How awful.

Need some advice.

You can try the Mystic Knight if you want to be a bit more of a melee character with countering abilities. The magick stats you gained will be useful with the class as well.

Dresden

Need some advice.

You can hit up Mystic Knight if you want some melee. Ultimately all their best skills tend to be the ranged Great Cannon / group buffs, though.

Need some advice.

If you have a separate storage device you can just make a new game on that.

Can someone explain the mystic knight class to me? Like what stats you should shoot for and how exactly it plays? Also, the same for assassin, thanks!

sublimit

Banned
The search system definitely needs more work, I find myself just don't bother with it and pick whatever the 10 person that comes up on the list out of like 100, I don't know how to search for more :(

I think inclination is a very important aspect so they should have definitely included it in the search parameters. :/

In the mean time, what they should do. Is people NEED to stop giving Mages and Sorcerers inclinations. PERIOD. Leave them blank, use the potion and leave them blank. I only hire Mages and Sorcerers unless they have similar traits to my pawn or they have nothing at all.

This is how it goes for me. Cool looking Sorcerer. Check. Skills seem varied. Check. Armor is varied. Check. Scather and Pioneer?! GTFO....

Silver_key

Neo Member
Thank fuck it's morning, fuck you dire wolves

What a terrible night to have a curse...

Seriously though, fighting huge monsters in dark forests and dungeons has been some of the most tense and exciting gameplay I've seen in a while. That and stumbling onto the set of Crouching Goblin, Hidden Ballista.

Top Bottom