• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

I think I'm going to take a break from the game until any major DLC comes out. Arisen and Pawn are both level ∞ and I have 90% of the Everfall drops.

286hrs total play time.
35+ million in gold.
5 game completions (on 6th in postgame).
26 offline Ur-Dragon kills.
Over 21,000 enemies killed.

I think I got my $60 worth.

I think I'm going to take a break from the game until any major DLC comes out. Arisen and Pawn are both level ∞ and I have 90% of the Everfall drops.

286hrs total play time.
35+ million in gold.

... Damn right.

Schwabe

286hrs total play time.
35+ million in gold.

'Tis is impressive!

A Masterwork, you can't go wrong!

286hrs total play time.
35+ million in gold.

Well fuck, I thought I was badass with my 3 Ur Dragon kills >.>

I'm currently lvl 50 and I'm using the Magic Archer vocation. I'm trying to beat the offline Ur Dragon, but not really doing well. Should I just complete the post game and face him during the New Game Plus or try to deal with him now?

Like earvcunanan said, Hundred Kissing the weak spots is the key. And set yourself on fire while climbing it!

286hrs total play time.
35+ million in gold.

nice. wish i could've played that long. i need new content.

Jaroof

286hrs total play time.
35+ million in gold.

Damn, man!
I saw you online playing this a lot, but.. I had no idea you had that many hours!

286hrs total play time.
35+ million in gold.

My God.

purg3

slept with Malkin
just picked this up today, kind of going into this blind. Completed Dark Souls, and currently taking a break from D3, so I thought I'd give this a try after hearing some good things about it. Any tips going into this as far as class selection, etc?

Foxix Von

So maybe I missed out on something but can anyone explain what determines what spawns in the everfall chambers? I'm trying to collect the wake stone shards and I'm noticing it sometimes seems very random? I got stuck on my way out of one of the rooms as it ended up spawning a chimera, a gorechimera, and a lich but that bastard just keeps summoning dickwolves. I kept dying and hitting retry, and all of a sudden the monsters just decide not to spawn now.

So maybe I missed out on something but can anyone explain what determines what spawns in the everfall chambers? I'm trying to collect the wake stone shards and I'm noticing it sometimes seems very random? I got stuck on my way out of one of the rooms as it ended up spawning a chimera, a gorechimera, and a lich but that bastard just keeps summoning dickwolves. I kept dying and hitting retry, and all of a sudden the monsters just decide not to spawn now.

Most rooms always have the same monsters. The room you talk about has what you saw or a Drake and tons of Harpies.

So finally decided to finish up post game at level 71.
I fought Senschel and used God's Bane...so basically the dragon are just Arisens? Kinda lost on that.

Arla

I just beat the Dragon......WTF did I just witness? My beloved? Who the hell was that ugly little tomboy? During the VA credits there is some queen/princess I've NEVER seen who was voiced by Michelle Ruff.

The game is still not over and now I gotta do a fetch quest and boss rush mode? This game is a mess.

Ok I just got the perfect ending
So "you" die, and your pawn is granted your soul? fuck, does this mean I have to make a new pawn? Cause my pawn was so hot and I so don't remember what I picked to make my pawn :(

Fuck that was an awesome game, now for NG+

I just beat the Dragon......WTF did I just witness? My beloved? Who the hell was that ugly little tomboy? During the VA credits there is some queen/princess I've NEVER seen who was voiced by Michelle Ruff.

The game is still not over and now I gotta do a fetch quest and boss rush mode? This game is a mess.

Protip 1: That tomboy is whoever you romanced.
Protip 2: You've got alot of killing ahead of you to beat the game.

Arla

Protip 1: That tomboy is whoever you romanced.
Protip 2: You've got alot of killing ahead of you to beat the game.

Wow. The only time I interacted with that NPC was to get the gold idol. How the hell is that romancing. A lot more killing? I'm already tired of it....

Wow. The only time I interacted with that NPC was to get the gold idol. How the hell is that romancing. A lot more killing? I'm already tired of it....

Nah you should get the 20 items you need very fast. Most of the Everfall is not mandatory.

And yea, their version of romancing is weird. I wish I knew sleeping at the same hotel on a regular basis and hitting on the hotel's clerk is the same thing!

Anteater

Stupid cutscene at great wall, I wanted to pick up that item
the wight dropped after killing it...

killing is probably the best part of the game :p

rofl, another victim!

why is this thread so slow....oh damn community.

Anteater

just picked this up today, kind of going into this blind. Completed Dark Souls, and currently taking a break from D3, so I thought I'd give this a try after hearing some good things about it. Any tips going into this as far as class selection, etc?

Play whichever that looks appealing to you, some of the classes play differently, and some has its strengths and weaknesses, imo hybrid are more versatile with some unique skills while basic classes like fighter or mage are the typical tank and support archetypes, while advance jobs are more about damage.

I personally think the basic classes gets the shaft in this game and hybrids are more fun to play, but basic classes are what you start with and takes the lowest amount of job points to advance so they are good to use early on, and you could use some of their augments for other jobs.

The game isn't really that unforgiving on stats, you eventually become a bit overpowered at least for the main story mobs, so you could play around with them.

Arla

Nah you should get the 20 items you need very fast. Most of the Everfall is not mandatory.

And yea, their version of romancing is weird. I wish I knew sleeping at the same hotel on a regular basis and hitting on the hotel's clerk is the same thing!

Well I hope so. I wanna hurry up and move on from the game. It's definitely got some good parts but theres way more bad than good.

Anteater said:
killing is probably the best part of the game :p

It's one of the few things it does right but it gets old after ~40hrs.

Augemitbutter said:
rofl, another victim!
why is this thread so slow....oh damn community.

Well there's too many pages/information to read. I just jumped in blind. It took me 15 hours to realize running away from everything is a big part of the game.

Anteater

i'm sure i would've gotten her too if i didn't run into
the duchess

Mine would've been the innkeeper, pretty sure he was the only npc that gave me the chime sound effect.

It's weird people missed the duchess first cutscene too, I think you get a cutscene that zooms right into her in the garden the first time you exit the castle. I only did that 1 quest for her.

I gifted Ser Maximilian a few items not knowing anything about this romance stuff, glad it didn't work out considering how much stupid quests you do for the guy.

yes, the zoom is unmissable. only way to miss it is if you use a ferrystone out of the castle, but nobody would do that on their first PT.

she was the only one with a chime sound for me.

Zaptruder

Banned
Running away is a big part of the game? :p

I guess I've run away from a couple things - dragons mainly... but even the eye stalks in the everfall first time they send you in... I didn't run away from them because I was actually getting pretty competent at killing them.

It was only after I read a FAQ and figured out - oh, you're supposed to just runaway that I realised that the signs were quite obvious - all the loading screen messages telling you to runaway, your pawns telling you to runaway if you're not prepared.

Oh well.

Anteater

/michael bay

dragonsdogmascreenshodolnz.jpg

dragonsdogmascreenshof1b4b.jpg

dragonsdogmascreenshof2yb9.jpg

dragonsdogmascreenshoygqer.jpg

Mutombo

I'm level 25/26, and headed towards the Goblin Fortress Quest. I meet the Drake and decide to kill him.

However, partly due to my not being stocked up in curatives and no healing Mage in my party, I seem to have a wee bit of trouble with dealing with him.

I am a Warrior, by the way. So, do I just go at it for an hour or do the quest and see him some later time, when my party is better equipped/higher level do take him down faster?

I'm level 25/26, and headed towards the Goblin Fortress Quest. I meet the Drake and decide to kill him.

However, partly due to my not being stocked up in curatives and no healing Mage in my party, I seem to have a wee bit of trouble with dealing with him.

I am a Warrior, by the way. So, do I just go at it for an hour or do the quest and see him some later time, when my party is better equipped/higher level do take him down faster?

Come back around 30-35 and try to upgrade your equipment if you can. Should be able to take it down in 15-20 minutes as a Warrior.

Btw, the game finally got a price drop to $49.99 at Amazon.

Anteater

Savan had it easy when he faced the dragon, only had to fight lvl20 mobs

Man this thread got killed, don't people use the subscription function!?

Edit: oh nevermind seems like people posted when I was playing the game

Mutombo

Come back around 30-35 and try to upgrade your equipment if you can. Should be able to take it down in 15-20 minutes as a Warrior.

Btw, the game finally got a price drop to $49.99 at Amazon.

I've got the Berserk Swordsman set/armor, should be fine enough, right? Just need to get some hellhound fangs to upgrade it to three stars. Where do I fight these hellhound? Or will I come across them eventually?

Anteater

I killed it at 32, but there is a camp nearby with a merchant and a rift stone, so you could keep trying if you want and try hiring different pawns and getting yourself a mage, you're a bit low but I've heard people killing it at that level, if you're not getting one shotted you probably have a chance, just hire some sorcerers with good ice spells and avoid getting killed, also if you fight it a bit down the hill it often fly away and you could rebuff when it's gone and lure it again and repeat.

I've got the Berserk Swordsman set/armor, should be fine enough, right? Just need to get some hellhound fangs to upgrade it to three stars. Where do I fight these hellhound? Or will I come across them eventually?

You won't be fighting hellhounds til later, killing a drake might have a chance of upgrading your armors though :D

Mutombo

Thanks.

Oh and man, I really, really like this game. It is everything I was hoping it to be. The night/day system is fucking brilliant as well, it gives so much more sense of adventure. You really get the feeling of 'going out into the open' when venturing out of the city, and really want to get back before it gets dark as well.

Compared to Amalur this is so much more alive. I'm not following the story at all, but it doesn't really matter. It's weird, because the complaints were about this game feeling hollow, but I guess those complaints are about the story or something.

I'm maxing out Warrior and after that I'll think I'll try Assasin. Being a Warrior took some getting used to, but right now I feel like a badass one/two shotter of all things that have limbs, and it feelsgoodman.

Thanks.

Oh and man, I really, really like this game. It is everything I was hoping it to be. The night/day system is fucking brilliant as well, it gives so much more sense of adventure. You really get the feeling of 'going out into the open' when venturing out of the city, and really want to get back before it gets dark as well.

Compared to Amalur this is so much more alive. I'm not following the story at all, but it doesn't really matter. It's weird, because the complaints were about this game feeling hollow, but I guess those complaints are about the story or something.

I'm maxing out Warrior and after that I'll think I'll try Assasin. Being a Warrior took some getting used to, but right now I feel like a badass one/two shotter of all things that have limbs, and it feelsgoodman.

Warrior is my second favorite class, with Assassin being the first. The bone-crunching sounds from a Warrior's strikes are just so satisfying.

Top Bottom