• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

My Pawn is a Ranger, currently Level 149 iirc. PSN ID: Tenjin. Hire her, if you like :)

You sir rock, I'll be adding you right nao! Yay now I can tank! Granted I won't play till later, I need to sleep it's 6am here and I haven't gone to bed yet o_O

Your privacy settings prevents me from friend requesting you!....this is like myspace all over again! T_T

maomaoIYP

So, GAF, anyone ever tried to "specialize"? That is, playing the whole game + post game with one class and one class only without doing vocation change. It seems like an interesting/challenging thing to do. Doable?

Also, I am currently on my 1st walkthrough with a level 18 Mage plus a female level 18 Fighter. I am cultivating magic power for my character though I am still wildly indecisive on which of these vocations as my "end class" (that is, not gonna change into anything else anymore): Mystic Knight or Magic Archer. Care to give me opinions on which class are generally considered more superior between those two?

I'm doing this right now. Started arisen and pawn as mage, reached gran soren as fast as possible (got there at lvl 15) swapped to sorcerer, and stayed that way. Lvl 47 now, going to hunt the griffin at bluemoon.

IT IS HARD.

It is way harder than playing solo without a vocation limit. And I'm not even using shitty equipment, I farmed soul flayer canyon right at the start so both my guys have about as good as equipment can get before post game. Anything that comes in a pack tend to be hard. Anything that moves very quickly is hard. However I can absolutely wreck slow moving enemies or enemies that don't react even when I'm in casting range. I have only 1225 health, and if I'm careless those shield bandits on the way to witchwood can one hit kill me with that stinger move.

I managed to kill a golem by spamming bolide over 30 mins while hiding in a corner. I cannot fight metal golems.

The only classes which have significant problems specializing (either solo or with only 1 pawn) are mages and sorcs. It should be doable for every other class.

Schwabe

You sir rock, I'll be adding you right nao! Yay now I can tank! Granted I won't play till later, I need to sleep it's 6am here and I haven't gone to bed yet o_O

Your privacy settings prevents me from friend requesting you!....this is like myspace all over again! T_T

Search for Tenjin in the rift and you find her ;) or write me a message, i'll add you later :)

Moofers

So last night I killed the dragon. As in the dragon. Seems like
the game is not over yet
Am I right? I had to go to bed right after as I could barely stay awake.

Torraz

the game is not over yet

You're in post-game now. Still a bit to go. Lots of challenge rooms and a few quests before you could do NG+ (which is mind numbingly easy). So don't hurry into NG+ too fast. If you ask nice enough people should be able to supply you with some NG+ perks (like additional port crystals).

Anteater

the game is not over yet

That's correct, remember to
walk to gran soren by foot for the full experience
:D

Ricker

Finally reached Bluemoon Tower...awesome sight as you stand before the bridge and after the small cut scene...but damn those well placed Bandit Archers on the way there...I am low on everything now because of those bastards...tried to take a screenshot but realised you have to have Facebook and all,didnt remember my password etc etc so I just backed out.

Finally reached Bluemoon Tower...awesome sight as you stand before the bridge and after the small cut scene...but damn those well placed Bandit Archers on the way there...I am low on everything now because of those bastards...tried to take a screenshot but realised you have to have Facebook and all,didnt remember my password etc etc so I just backed out.

Can;t you save it to the system and transfer it to PC? That's what I did on PS3

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I forget the name of the chamber with an Ogre, a Cyclops and a Golem inside it but I found it for the first time last night. I had to laugh to myself as I walked in and started going to work and before I knew it the cyclops and the Ogre were dead from arrows before I really even had a chance to climb anyone.

The ogre fell after one 5fold volley and then an intimate gambit into the top of his skull and he died. I love this aspect in my RPGs.. just being godlike... such a feeling of progression and growing strength. I wish there was a few bosses/monsters that bridged the gap between drakes/griffons/basalisk monsters and the Ur-Dragon. I'm now praying for DC that introduces a few new monsters to the new game+ ....

Can't wait to murder tonight when I get home. ... and again... just wondering - where is the Ur-Dragon at today?

demigod

Does online Ur-Dragon regen? He had 4 health bars, now back to 5.

Also, how does his health work? I'm not even budging his health at all. Does it only count towards damage but his health stay the same until the next time I fight him?

Holy fuck Mystic Knight is awesome! Granted I'm only two vocations into it...I barely take damage...this.is.fucking.amazing.

@Schwabe: I can't even send you messages sir, your privacy settings basically prevents all communication :p

Just add me on PSN: Vittles (any and everyone is free to add me, just let me know who you're from gaf).

Does online Ur-Dragon regen? He had 4 health bars, now back to 5.

Also, how does his health work? I'm not even budging his health at all. Does it only count towards damage but his health stay the same until the next time I fight him?

His health regenerates if:

- A player dies and uses a Wakestone
- A player leaves the area in the middle of battle

Schwabe

His health regenerates if:

- A player dies and uses a Wakestone
- A player leaves the area in the middle of battle

Actually a dev confirmed on twitter, that ur-drahon doesn't regenerate health. The newest theory is, that the health status is divided amongst the player facing him, so it can change and even go up, although it doesn't O,o

Some guy at gamesfaq found the tweet...

So for Mystic Knight, should I try to get high Magic or Strength? I'm using Great Cannon and Fire Riposte a lot, so I guess I need to switch to Mage or Sorcerer for Magic boosting skills, right?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Actually a dev confirmed on twitter, that ur-drahon doesn't regenerate health. The newest theory is, that the health status is divided amongst the player facing him, so it can change and even go up, although it doesn't O,o

Some guy at gamesfaq found the tweet...

Yah ... read this as a well a few days ago. Life is divided amongst the active players in lament at any given time. Downtime middle of night warriors going at it with only a handful of other arisen out in world face crazy hikes in life on the Dragon. Actually makes a lot of sense with my experience as I would see him wax and wane on his life depending on when i logged in durring the day... no matter what.

After a while i had a hard time believing everyone was so terrible at the game they kept getting killed ;)

Yah ... read this as a well a few days ago. Life is divided amongst the active players in lament at any given time. Downtime middle of night warriors going at it with only a handful of other arisen out in world face crazy hikes in life on the Dragon. Actually makes a lot of sense with my experience as I would see him wax and wane on his life depending on when i logged in durring the day... no matter what.

After a while i had a hard time believing everyone was so terrible at the game they kept getting killed ;)

Well that makes sense

Anteater

I just used a ferrystone... What'd I miss?

Just
some upgraded mobs you have to kill on your way through, but it was really fun

Some random shots

dragonsdogmascreenshoa8juq.jpg

dragonsdogmascreenshoq7jvg.jpg

dragonsdogmascreensho0ekiz.jpg

dragonsdogmascreensho5jj62.jpg

Anteater

I want

- a balance patch and tweaks for the vanilla game
- an expansion (wouldn't expect this to hit early if they're even making one)
- add new skills to basic classes in the expansion, or even new classes (doubt this)

The way they could've done this originally would be putting a lower lvl cap into the game, and expansions will increase the cap. At this state I'm not sure how they're going to do it and kind of doubt they have anything huge planned, since the difficulty is going to be pretty whacked for players between 80 and 199 if there's an expansion.

Belenos

Banned
Just
some upgraded mobs you have to kill on your way through, but it was really fun

It was a pleasant surprise. On my way from Cassardis to the Encampment I usually go through Unusual Beach to avoid any potential enemy
only to find a Gorechimera there
:D

Flunkie

Banned
Jesus FUCK I just played the demo and this game is epic. Holy shit. It's SotC on crack with Dark Souls sprinkled in with a heaping serving of good ol' hack n slash. WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T I BEEN INFORMED OF THIS GAME BEFORE?!

Instabuy.

Arla

Suggested level before you fight an Ogre? Scared the hell out of me when I first started the game and ran into him at Everfall or whatever that place with the tentacles is called but I just got a quest that requires me to kill one.

I can kill Chimerias pretty easily and just beat my first Golem on the way to Bluemoon Tower to kill that sorcerer with the ring. I'm about level 34 with some level 40+ pawns.

Suggested level before you fight an Ogre? Scared the hell out of me when I first started the game and ran into him at Everfall or whatever that place with the tentacles is called but I just got a quest that requires me to kill one.

I can kill Chimerias pretty easily and just beat my first Golem on the way to Bluemoon Tower to kill that sorcerer with the ring. I'm about level 34 with some level 40+ pawns.

You will not have any problem. Once you reach 40 I don't think anything will really cause you any problem at all.

gdt

I've been out of this game for a week or so. Just got too repetitive with my way overpowered characters. I'll get back into it this weekend I think, and just rush through the end. Only just met the duke, and got 30 hrs so far. So I spend a good amount of time enjoying the game.

BoSox06DH

I'm currently lvl 50 and I'm using the Magic Archer vocation. I'm trying to beat the offline Ur Dragon, but not really doing well. Should I just complete the post game and face him during the New Game Plus or try to deal with him now?

I'm currently lvl 50 and I'm using the Magic Archer vocation. I'm trying to beat the offline Ur Dragon, but not really doing well. Should I just complete the post game and face him during the New Game Plus or try to deal with him now?

Just level up some more at Everfall and get some better equipment. Remember you can use Hundred Kisses on its weak spots while grappling.

Darkkn

Holy crap this game is difficult! i'm in a act 1, just beginning to start exploring the world around the capital and i'm getting murdered around every corner. I can't even get to my quest location as the river is guarded by invisible lizards that absolutely destroy my party. I'm having probably more difficult time with this game than i did with Dark Souls at the beginning.

Cth

Jesus FUCK I just played the demo and this game is epic. Holy shit. It's SotC on crack with Dark Souls sprinkled in with a heaping serving of good ol' hack n slash. WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T I BEEN INFORMED OF THIS GAME BEFORE?!

Instabuy.

Have fun!

I was on the fence from the demo... ended up putting in over 100 hours into the game so far :D

Dont forget to add Monster Hunter into the mix as well.

Flunkie

Banned
Have fun!

I was on the fence from the demo... ended up putting in over 100 hours into the game so far :D

Dont forget to add Monster Hunter into the mix as well.

Yeah I knew I was missing a game! Haha. I'm playing through MHFU on Vita right now as well so I should've remembered that.

Top Bottom