• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Meh, my game got stuck in the load screen right after
you beat the duke in the duel and the guards surround you

Probably gonna load back in Cassardis now argh

*edit* lol, did you guys know you can blow up mine spots and just pick up the ores from the ground? Just found out by accident lol

Ricker

Okay guys,what am I missing here?...fighting the last Boss of the regular single player game,I am level 47(Assassin),with my level 47 Sorcerer Pawn,a level 57 Mage and a level 47 warrior...after close to 45 minutes of fighting,he was only down to half....my arrows to where you need to shoot do almost no damage,climbing on him to reach it is a major pain with all the movement and camera pans and all,etc etc...I just gave up...I don't want to drop it down to easy because I have no problems with anything elase in the game,even the Ogres,Chimera and the like...

Anteater

Okay guys,what am I missing here?...fighting the last Boss of the regular single player game,I am level 47(Assassin),with my level 47 Sorcerer Pawn,a level 57 Mage and a level 47 warrior...after close to 45 minutes of fighting,he was only down to half....my arrows to where you need to shoot do almost no damage,climbing on him to reach it is a major pain with all the movement and camera pans and all,etc etc...I just gave up...I don't want to drop it down to easy because I have no problems with anything elase in the game,even the Ogres,Chimera and the like...

Pretty sure you just have to hit him in the heart, I played a fighter on my first play through and I climbed its belly to reach its heart since I had no range, so it should be easier on assassin with range and gouge, also you could try the dagger counter, it works for some of the bosses' attacks, it teleports you.

and yea the camera and controls sucks for climbing

you didn't talk to the dragonforged ? he gave you a pawn item for ragon knowledge ...now your pawn party will know how to behave .

Also the heart !!!None of your rented pawn didn't at least says something ? Not that the glowing part wasn't obvious already ....

Ricker

you didn't talk to the dragonforged ? he gave you a pawn item for ragon knowledge ...now your pawn party will know how to behave .

Also the heart !!!None of your rented pawn didn't at least says something ? Not that the glowing part wasn't obvious already ....

I know all that and yes I went to the guy in the cave and got the knowledge and I know about the heart but the problem is like I said my arrows do almost no damage at all so the fight takes forever...I will try again tonight,thing is with the single auto save bullshit,I can't go back and change anything now(yeah they warned me)so I might have to let myself die and go with the easy mode if I want to see the ending...

Arcteryx

Might have missed it mentioned, but there is a new demo out on the NA PSN that allows you to journey from Cassardis to the encampment, as well as customize your character/pawn.

sublimit

Banned
So what is needed for ferrystones to respawn?Do i have to sleep a certain number of times at an inn or is it related with quests or something?
I'm in new game+ but still haven't figured this out. :p

Anteater

So what is needed for ferrystones to respawn?Do i have to sleep a certain number of times at an inn or is it related with quests or something?
I'm in new game+ but still haven't figured this out. :p

I thought they respawn after a couple of days, I just buy them though since they are only 9k.

So funny thing, guys. I bought this game at Wal-Mart tonight, unwrapped, opened the game...and no game in the case, I got my money back but it was the last copy so they couldn't replace it for me. Told me to come back tomorrow, as they might get a shipment. Never heard of this happening at wal-mart haha.

Portugeezer

I'm at the part where you have to collect 20 wakestone shards, I beat the first boss thingy, I find this whole thing tedious is it over quickly or not?

Trigger

Might have missed it mentioned, but there is a new demo out on the NA PSN that allows you to journey from Cassardis to the encampment, as well as customize your character/pawn.

I want to try it too.
r4CiE.png

Hung Wei Lo

I'm at the part where you have to collect 20 wakestone shards, I beat the first boss thingy, I find this whole thing tedious is it over quickly or not?

Kill the UR dragon offline, and you should get enough - I had to do a 3rd run through the game as I missed a quest for the Hero trophy

Xero

I'm not even bothering with those collect this many quests. Those are never fun, and its not like money or levels are hard to come by in this game.

Just played the Adventure demo that Capcom dropped this week.

It completely changed my opinion of the game. I came away from the previous demo (the battle one) pretty cold. But the Adventure demo sold me.

I love being able to jump around towns and climb fucking everything. There are secrets everywhere if you're willing to look for them.

Buying a copy today.

One question though, what's with the goofy running animation when you're out in the world versus the regular running animation when you're in a town? Kind of threw me off a little.

Otherwise, great game.

Loxley

I finally got around to ordering this, been wanting to play it since it came out but, alas, my backlog is large and in charge. My copy should be arriving today, really excited to jump into it.

This has likely been asked a number of times and I've browsed through the last through pages and garnered a few things I should know going in. But does anyone have any blanket advice for a beginner? I tend to find that in RPG's this big, in some cases people who have played it will recommend going places and/or doing things right away that the game does not.

Raptomex

I finally got around to ordering this, been wanting to play it since it came out but, alas, my backlog is large and in charge. My copy should be arriving today, really excited to jump into it.

This has likely been asked a number of times and I've browsed through the last through pages and garnered a few things I should know going in. But does anyone have any blanket advice for a beginner? I tend to find that in RPG's this big, in some cases people who have played it will recommend going places and/or doing things right away that the game does not.
I laughed at that longer than I should have.

I would say stay on main paths until you level up. The game seems more unforgiving in the beginning. But once you get the hang of it and begin to level up it becomes easier yet still challenging to overcome many enemies. Try to balance out your pawns as well. I always have a Mage/Sorcerer with healing capabilities with me.

What's with the endings in this game?

On my first run the
Dragon kidnapped Quina, but it was Selene that actually showed up on the final ending, now on my second run I got Aelinore (dunno why, I gifted way more stuff to Mercedes), and I'm guessing it's not gonna be her in the final ending again.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Kinda forgot about this game, cuz I was waiting for what I thought to be an inevitable PC version, but... seems like it ain't happening since Capcom's been silent about it.

So, I'm trying to figure out if I want to get the game. The biggest strike against it for me is that it looks pretty generic, visually. That's worrying, but I can get over it. But more than anything, I'm kinda worried it'll suffer from WRPG syndrome in that it's got a big open world with nothing to do in it other than walk from point A to point B with not much combat in-between. Well, and more problematically, that it'll basically feel like every area of the game has been randomly designed, rather than giving you some genuinely well-made dungeons to traverse.

So should I bother?

Kinda forgot about this game, cuz I was waiting for what I thought to be an inevitable PC version, but... seems like it ain't happening since Capcom's been silent about it.

So, I'm trying to figure out if I want to get the game. The biggest strike against it for me is that it looks pretty generic, visually. That's worrying, but I can get over it. But more than anything, I'm kinda worried it'll suffer from WRPG syndrome in that it's got a big open world with nothing to do in it other than walk from point A to point B with not much combat in-between. Well, and more problematically, that it'll basically feel like every area of the game has been randomly designed, rather than giving you some genuinely well-made dungeons to traverse.

So should I bother?

Eh, the traversing in this game might turn you off at the start. It's incredibly slow-paced especially since there isn't any sort of fast travel mechanic available to the player right away. This game is all about the combat, mixing different Pawns in your party, and yeah - the encounters (especially at night). It's $40 on Amazon right now.

So should I bother?

I had the exact same fears going in as you did. 90 hours later I’ve come to the conclusion that this is one of the best games I’ve ever played. Trust me, go and buy it ASAP!

elty

I just picked up this game. So my main is a strider, my pawn is a fighter and I am also keeping the initial pawn (a mage).

Is there any disadvantage of having 4 pawn? Like they will share your exp or gold or something?

Man, so many good weapons are dropping in the Everfall and I never have enough money to upgrade them.

Where do people make good money in this game?

BeeDog

Man, so many good weapons are dropping in the Everfall and I never have enough money to upgrade them.

Where do people make good money in this game?

Dunno if it's the best, but I'm earning mad cash just collecting all Wakestone (shards) and selling them. Running around with 6 million gold right now, and that's after updating TONS of equipment.

Yeah I sold around 20 which gave me around 700k, but it still wasn't enough to upgrade all the stuff I got down there lol.

If you defeat the offline Ur-Dragon, you get the 20 wakestones and a unique weapon which can all be sold for over 1 million. So, if you can take him down quickly/easily, that's your best bet for money.

Or just farm for shards in the Everfall and make sure to have a Drake, Wyrm, and Wyvern tear in your inventory, as those allow regular enemies to drop shards while in the Everfall, I think.

Loot all the chests as well and sell everything you don't want.

Well I just fought them online and while I didn't find it particularly hard, I only did like 2/10ths damage to a single bar before he left :/

Does the offline one have significantly lower HP?

Top Bottom