• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

maomaoIYP

I don't think so.

Seems you only get 2 new items; the Abyssinal Outfit (clothing piece) for defeating Grigori, and the Duke's Robes for beating the game.

Speedrun looks to give you an outfit that looks like what Barnaby wears, and some lady-only long tunic of sorts.

I hope Dark Arisen comes with lots of new gear.

That's ALL? Damn, modders have had access to those since day one.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
Is there anything I need to stock up on before moving on to NG+? I haven't beaten(late-game spoilers)
Ur-Dragon yet, but I've completed around half of the chambers in the Everfall

Level 54 Assassin, if that makes a difference.

Anteater

what the hell, I didn't know I can use a shield with a staff on MK...

this changes everything

Edit: Shield counter is the best thing ever.
dragonsdogmascreenshoh9d6f.jpg

dragonsdogmascreensho24ifb.jpg

and my pawn

dragonsdogmascreenshopeeg8.jpg

maomaoIYP

Is there anything I need to stock up on before moving on to NG+? I haven't beaten(late-game spoilers)

There's nothing to do in NG+, stay and farm for rare loot in the Everfall.

sublimit

Banned

Liquid Vim always comes handy if you have it especially against Ur.

Whats the best way to make money? Just took like 30 greenwarishs trying to beat a chimera, and new armor is expensive...

And about pawn inclinations, is there a way to pick up everything and not have your main pawn become an Acquisitor?

Whats the best way to make money? Just took like 30 greenwarishs trying to beat a chimera, and new armor is expensive...

And about pawn inclinations, is there a way to pick up everything and not have your main pawn become an Acquisitor?

If you play on hard, you get giant money bags from about 25% of drops. It's ridiculous. Otherwise, just sell everything you find. Do board quests.

I kind of hate how the way you direct your pawn determines their inclination even after you've pre-set it. You might have to buy a potion to override any changes that take place.

sublimit

Banned

McLovin

Got DD as an early Christmas present. I freaking love this game. I really like how enemies have specific weaknesses and dragons are hard as hell to kill. The dragon fighting combat is so much better then skyrim.
edit-hey does the game let you tell your pawn to use a specific action? Sometimes I need a lightning boon... sometimes it has to be fire or ice. I seem to get them randomly.

sublimit

Banned
edit-hey does the game let you tell your pawn to use a specific action? Sometimes I need a lightning boon... sometimes it has to be fire or ice. I seem to get them randomly.

Unfortunately no.You have to "equip" your pawn with the boon skill you need before going for a guest and then push the help button when you need that boon.

Basically you mostly need fire and holy boons for the whole game.If you are going for dragon hunting in Devilfire Grove then get an Ice boon for your pawn before you leave the inn or encampment.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Got DD as an early Christmas present. I freaking love this game. I really like how enemies have specific weaknesses and dragons are hard as hell to kill. The dragon fighting combat is so much better then skyrim.

It depends... you can press left on the d-pad to have your pawn buff you. But what they choose depends on the situation, what boons are equipped at the times, and their enemy knowledge. The best chance you have to get the right buff is to call for it after your pawn has seen the enemies. In my experience, this has worked pretty well. As you approach a battle, when your pawn shouts "Enemies master" or whatever, ask for the buff, and hopefully your pawn is familiar enough with the enemy to recognize the best choice.

In my experience, you never need more than one Affinity at a time. Choose the one you need before setting out and stick with it - that way your pawn doesn't get confused.

keit4

Banned
Are you REALLY in new game plus? If you mean starting in the beginning town after killing the dragon, then no, you are NOT in new game plus. Theres more.

I beat the Seneschal :/

I'm really digging this game. Definitely one of my GOTY contenders. Can't wait for the DLC.

Iceblade

Hey guys, just a quick Q (sorry if I've missed it), but is Dark Arisen a standalone new game or is it just DLC to expand upon the original? In other words, I'm thinking of getting Dragon's Dogma, but do you think I should wait?

Hey guys, just a quick Q (sorry if I've missed it), but is Dark Arisen a standalone new game or is it just DLC to expand upon the original? In other words, I'm thinking of getting Dragon's Dogma, but do you think I should wait?

I think it's getting a disc release in Japan and will be downloadable in the US/UK.

Anteater

Daggers and bow kind of sucks at low ranks, normal melee hits with my sword does so much more damage without even having to use stamina, not to mention easier to stagger enemies, shield is much better than the roll (which I haven't' even learned yet, lol).

Stupid bandits were still kicking my ass at mid 30s as a rank 1 assassin with daggers, but have no problem once I switched back to a sword.

Anteater

Dark Arisen will probably be a standalone with the ability to import your saves, but better to wait and see because we don't know what's imported.

Yeah, it might only be your character looks that are imported. Who knows?

One thing I would like to see in Dark Arisen is an Arena. Let me fight dozens of Goblins/Bandits at once; a Cyclops and a Chimera and a Golem; TWO DRAGONS!

I tried to lure the armored cyclops near Devilfire Grove to the Drake to see what would happen, but he won't cross the trail. :(

Anteater

lol I still managed to spend all my money with all the money I got in hardmode.

Yeah, it might only be your character looks that are imported. Who knows?

One thing I would like to see in Dark Arisen is an Arena. Let me fight dozens of Goblins/Bandits at once; a Cyclops and a Chimera and a Golem; TWO DRAGONS!

I tried to lure the armored cyclops near Devilfire Grove to the Drake to see what would happen, but he won't cross the trail. :(

Yea it doesn't even need to be an arena, enemy placements being more dynamic and allows different combinations of mobs, would've added a lot to the game, like it did with skyrim when it had a much more simplistic combat system where a giant would fight against a dragon, etc. Say 2 Griffins and a bunch of goblins, bandits fighting each other would be cool.

I don't know what direction they're taking dark arisen though, it seems that from the few screenshots it might be more dungeon-focused since they didn't show much open field.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just rented this, it's really something....but is there no chance this is getting a PC version? I can keep this for $20, but this feels really held back by being on a console.

Anteater

I just rented this, it's really something....but is there no chance this is getting a PC version? I can keep this for $20, but this feels really held back by being on a console.

Sven on the Capcom forum said chances were low a while ago, they were trying to convince capcom but they wouldn't budge or something.

I myself still thinks it would make sense if they port both the expansion and the main game together and add some tweaks/fixes/patches, like dark souls' prepare to die edition, but who knows what's going on at capcom japan...

For a game that didn't really sell that well in the US and Europe, I think there were more than enough interests on a pc port, it's really weird they decided to port DmC but not Dragon's Dogma.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Sven on the Capcom forum said chances were low a while ago, they were trying to convince capcom but they wouldn't budge or something.

I myself still thinks it would make sense if they port both the expansion and the main game together and add some tweaks/fixes/patches, like dark souls' prepare to die edition, but who knows what's going on at capcom japan...
Looks like the $20 ps3 version it is then. It feels janky and runs in letterbox, but the experience has been really impressive so far despite the issues.

Anteater

Looks like the $20 ps3 version it is then. It feels janky and runs in letterbox, but the experience has been really impressive so far despite the issues.

Yea the ps3 version stinks.

Maybe you could beat it in a rental? I would feel bad if they announce a pc version in a few weeks despite them saying they wouldn't :p

Erv

Just started playing so far and its decent but traveling is repetitive. Will I eventually get a faster traveling method?

sublimit

Banned
Just started playing so far and its decent but traveling is repetitive. Will I eventually get a faster traveling method?

You will if you'll have the money for it.Port crystals cost 400.000G in the Black Cat.:pYou can eventually place a maximum of 11 or 12 port crystals all over Gransys but i doubt you'll get that much money in your first playthrough.

Btw do we know what G stands for?

Anteater

Jesus christ i don't know where my pawn is, she's like running all over the map in Soulflayer Canyon.

Edit: it seems like she got sick of it and ran ahead to the end of the dungeon, I don't know how she skipped all the goblins, she doesn't give a fuck.

Yep that's her on the other side of the map!
dragonsdogmascreenshooxfm7.jpg

My only excuse that i didn't realize something so obvious is because English is not my first language.
Still it's a lame excuse.:p
Don't worry
English isn't my first language either
Jesus christ i don't know where my pawn is, she's like running all over the map in Soulflayer Canyon.

Edit: it seems like she got sick of it and ran ahead to the end of the dungeon, I don't know how she skipped all the goblins, she doesn't give a fuck.

Yep that's her on the other side of the map!
dragonsdogmascreenshooxfm7.jpg
didn't your pawn said :
"follow me arisen" or
"i'll show you the way"

?
aywa some pawn can teleport in some specific cases but they never get too far from you unless there is specific scripted event in place..

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished this for the first time...
I'm not sure how I feel about the ending yet but everything before that was pretty amazing, especially for someone like me who doesn't hold Capcpom in high regard.
I ended up at level 50 and played straight strider through 95% of it. I switched into assassin at the very end but didn't really feel any difference but that's probably because I stuck to daggers/bow.

Does it play out the same way if you sacrifice your "loved one" to the dragon?

Dont forget to vote for it in the NeoGAF goty thread folks. More people need to play this XD

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending yet but everything before that was pretty amazing, especially for someone like me who doesn't hold Capcpom in high regard.
I ended up at level 50 and played straight strider through 95% of it. I switched into assassin at the very end but didn't really feel any difference but that's probably because I stuck to daggers/bow.

Dont forget to vote for it in the NeoGAF goty thread folks. More people need to play this XD

Are you sure you got to the ending?
What was the last boss you defeated?

Meicyn

Gold Member
Nope. You instead get a very short ending of you sitting on the throne as the new Duke of Gran Soren, having taken the same grand bargain with the dragon that the previous Duke took. The only way for the game to continue so you can experience the post-dragon-defeat portion of the game (which IMO is the best part) is to fight the dragon.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I might need some help

I just finished off the little mage guy from Salvation and all that, and instead of seeing the dragonguywhatever (I think I ran into him exploring earlier), I went straight downstairs in the Greatwall to this obviously endgame type dungeon. Can I go back and do other quests?

Am I screwed?

I might need some help

I just finished off the little mage guy from Salvation and all that, and instead of seeing the dragonguywhatever (I think I ran into him exploring earlier), I went straight downstairs in the Greatwall to this obviously endgame type dungeon. Can I go back and do other quests?

Am I screwed?

you're not screwed until the previous quest get a failed on it ..but regardless of you going into the dongeon or not you have already trigerred several hidden events for the ending by this point..

Top Bottom