• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Karak

Make sure to gather items around houses and stuff. I found some coin pouches (1,000G) and such before leaving the first village.
Correct. Break into every home, throw every jar. Tons of stuff in the every area.

Another nice thing is the serious amount of collectibles in the games and once the pawns start collecting as well its awesome how much you can get!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Happy Dragon's Dogma Day, everyone!

HiYxg.jpg

Loving it so far, about 2 hours in. About my only real complaint is that the distant graphics are very blurry but after a while I don't really notice. Everything else I'm in love with. Going to be spending a lot of time with this one, that's for sure.

JoeFenix

I can't figure out how to import the demo characters still, I have a demo save file on my hdd and I've read that the game is supposed to just auto detect it and just use those characters. Not working at all, this is really dumb.

Anyone else having issues with importing your dudes from the demo?

Xander51

I can't figure out how to import the demo characters still, I have a demo save file on my hdd and I've read that the game is supposed to just auto detect it and just use those characters. Not working at all, this is really dumb.

Anyone else having issues with importing your dudes from the demo?

If you're early on in the game...you won't get access to your custom pawn for a little while. Also, the tutorial is with the same stock character as in the demo.

Karak

HiYxg.jpg

Loving it so far, about 2 hours in. About my only real complaint is that the distant graphics are very blurry but after a while I don't really notice. Everything else I'm in love with. Going to be spending a lot of time with this one, that's for sure.

Serious xbox jealousy going on right now:(

Glad its working good or you.

Kyon

Banned
what does the lady give you after you complete the
Flower quest?
the pop ups after a quest are so fast idek what items I'm getting after I complete them or don't know where to see what I got

Pinbot

Banned
Oh so excited! It's Out tomoz here in Australia. Should I go melee or archery- both seem so good in the demo. I want to have both!

HiYxg.jpg

Alchoholic Bishop as new pawn idea. I think he'll get bashed a lot tho.

Hairstyles dlc: "This bonus can only be applied once per saved data. If the items are discarded or given away during gameplay, they will be lost."

So....if you want to use those new hairs with other characters...gotta pony up another $1.99

Also 100 quests DLC now costs $20 for all 100 ($1.99 for 10).

Well done Cacpcom, well done.

Stardust2007DvDripEng-FXG.gif

Seriously considering not buying this new now.

Dineren

Banned
Got this installed at lunch, now just have to wait for the end of the work day. I really wish I had taken today off instead of the Diablo III launch.

owlbeak

Got my copy! :) Fell asleep waiting for the UPS man, woke up and it was at the door!

And it has been mentioned here before, but for Xbox 360 users: when you install this game, after clicking "install", it will take like ~5 minutes before it pops up and asks what harddrive to install to. So just be a little patient :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So is this quest bugged? I'm doing the one to kill 5 rabbits. I killed 2 and then did another quest. Came back to the road between the starting town and the camp or whatever. I can't find rabbits anymore. There were tons the first time and now I see none. I rested and came back in the morning. Monsters respawned as did plants. No rabbits.

Karak

So is this quest bugged? I'm doing the one to kill 5 rabbits. I killed 2 and then did another quest. Came back to the road between the starting town and the camp or whatever. I can't find rabbits anymore. There were tons the first time and now I see none. I rested and came back in the morning. Monsters respawned as did plants. No rabbits.

Time of day maybe? But I have finished that quest 4-5 times without bugs.

I can't stand in-depth character creation, because I become completely obsessed with making the perfect character, and I spend hours toiling over my character rather than just playing the game. So, are there any pre-generated characters to choose from? Or at least a Randomize All button?

Also, sorry to repeat a question I asked earlier in the thread, but can anyone who has viewed the Options screen tell me if there is an option to turn off the blood/gore in the game?

ironcreed

Banned

HiYxg.jpg

Well, it might be blurry because of what you are drinking. Just kidding, glad to see most are enjoying the game. I am tipping back a few Heinekens tonight myself.

Wow so those quests went from being $7 to $20 now? How the fuck is this justified?

Maybe they figure more people than they hoped aren't going to pay for it at any price out of principle now, and the rest will probably buy it for anything less than $30 anyway, so they're trying to achieve the same money with half the sales?

Seriously though, if you figure out Capcom, you let me know.

I can't stand in-depth character creation, because I become completely obsessed with making the perfect character, and I spend hours toiling over my character rather than just playing the game. So, are there any pre-generated characters to choose from? Or at least a Randomize All button?

Also, sorry to repeat a question I asked earlier in the thread, but can anyone who has viewed the Options screen tell me if there is an option to turn off the blood/gore in the game?

Yor character will be covered in armor later on anyway. As for your other question, no option to turn off blood/gore, IIRC.

Derrick01

Banned
It's a shitty move by Capcom, but that's to be expected. Let's all just ignore the crap they put out as DLC.

Maybe they figure more people than they hoped aren't going to pay for it at any price out of principle now, and the rest will probably buy it for anything less than $30 anyway, so they're trying to achieve the same money with half the sales?

Seriously though, if you figure out Capcom, you let me know.

No idea either but man they have some serious balls over there. I bought the first one but only because I've had $3 rotting in my PSN wallet for months, and I was probably going to buy them all for the $7 it was supposed to be but they can fuck off now. Absolutely ridiculous.

UrbanRats

There are various presets.

joe2187

Banned
So, what does everyone think? Word of mouth going to help this game or what? Get this train rolling.

I think playing the DMC HD collection has gotten me more familiar with this type of combat, and overall I'm loving everything so far...There is some serious challenges and I've not even left the first two villages yet, I love the dynamic of fighting the wolf packs, out of nowhere I get taken down by a ravenous wolf and torn to shreds while my pawns stand off in the distance picking flowers.

Loved the caves under the first village and fighting the saurians, what a tough batch of assholes.

My Strider character, Ladygirl Haggar

5i5Gs.png

She is pro at latching on things

v02IH.jpg

That guy in the second shot is GREAT THANKS, my pawn. He was modeled after Andre the Giant in Princess Bride but sadly lacks muttonchops.

My Strider character, Ladygirl Haggar

http://i.imgur.com/5i5Gs.png[/IG]

She is pro at latching on things

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v02IH.jpg[/IM]

That guy in the second shot is GREAT THANKS, my pawn. He was modeled after Andre the Giant in Princess Bride but sadly lacks muttonchops.[/QUOTE]

+1 respect for more Princess Bride characters ^_^

[Img]http://i.imgur.com/89DvF.jpg

So these screens just auto upload to a social website?
You connect your Live account to Facebook and confirm everything, but yeah.

I wish they looked a little bit better. It takes a HUD-less screenshot, but it doesn't take your gamma settings in to consideration. So a shot that looks fine to me uploads to Facebook like this

gF5Ic.png

Why is the quest DLC so expensive on PS3? It's a dollar on 360, which still brings it higher than the 7 dollars they mentioned though. And yes the hairstyle DLC is your typical Capcom bullshit, but despite how incredibly shitty it is the person that said you can only use it once is incorrect. You can only use it once PER saved character. You can use it with other characters, which for some means they'll need to delete the character they used it on first. Other people on the 360 you bought it on can also use it.

Top Bottom