• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

LProtag

Why is the quest DLC so expensive on PS3? It's a dollar on 360, which still brings it higher than the 7 dollars they mentioned though. And yes the hairstyle DLC is your typical Capcom bullshit, but despite how incredibly shitty it is the person that said you can only use it once is incorrect. You can only use it once PER saved character. You can use it with other characters, which for some means they'll need to delete the character they used it on first. Other people on the 360 you bought it on can also use it.

What are the DLC prices?

This game just demands a slow approach. There are times where I can kick the asses of Bandits and wolves when I venture out in the wild, and that is when the fun really starts to kick in. But venture a few minutes forward and you will get demolished by a troll. I would suggest people to stay near the first two villages for a mere hour or three. Learn the combat system and know which items heal you better then another one.

What are the DLC prices?

On my 360 I see:

From a Different Sky: The first 10 quests of the series, 'From a Different Sky.' Their goals are simple: obtain special medallions. But it will take all your smarts to get them all. Check the notice board below the Pawn Guild to begin! *Some quests may only be taken on or completed at certain points in the story, or with certain combinations of vocations and skills. *A maximum of 6 quests appear on each notice board at a time. Please clear a few if you don't see your new purchases right away. 700 KB 80 Points

A Coiffure You Can't Refuse:You and your main pawn will be fighting in style after you add these eight new hairstyles to your character customization tool, for a total of 48 different hairstyles. As an extra treat, the Mercedes-approved Captain's Armor will be added to the Black Cat's inventory, and your item storage to boot. Just look for the blue-green icon! *This bonus can only be applied once per saved data. If the items are discarded or given away during gameplay, they will be lost. 16.90 MB 160 Points

Luckily I got $3 PSN credit from that Gamestop Power Up Rewards bullshit. That will do just fine.

Not that I'm ever going to actually play the game.

[Early Quest Spoiler]
So I'm doing the quest about the area under the Capital (with the spiral staircase), monsters really kicking my butt toward the end. Undead warriors only being dented by Threefold arrows, though my pawn can light them on fire pretty well. I died in a room full of Harpees and magic casters that destroyed me so instead I decided to try fighting that furry ape thing.

Wasn't doing any damage, but I jumped onto him as he jumped off the staircase to the ground, which killed him (but not me), leveled me up, and cut a good portion of the level out :)!

Just kept spamming stamina recovery items to run out of there.

What has everyone been doing about pawns? I've been trying to just use my main pawn, but I feel like some of the bigger battles (like the one I died at above) feel pretty impossible divided between only two targets. Guess I should pick up the other two? Not sure how I want to proceed. Would like to hear how others are playing.

Kyon

Banned
I just
killed the hydra

Anyone else annoyed at everyone talking at the same Damn time? idek what's going on halt the time

Dresden

The first village is hideous. :/ Looks like someone poured vaseline over Morrowind textures.

Also picked mage but I think I'll change to fighter or strider.

nataku

Can you edit character appearance post creation?

I really wish you could skip the tutorial. I deleted my save and started over to tweak my character, but still don't like the way it looks in game too much. I hate having to go through the tutorial again just to tweak something.

burgerdog

I should have gone with the ps3 version..Damn for wanting to play RE6 two months early. One thing that I do love about this game is the fact that going in and out of buildings is seamless, absolutely no loading whatsoever.

You can find scrolls to give to your Pawns so they can learn strategies against certain monsters. I just found a scroll called
Hydra
Strategy Vol. I.

I got my game today, but I don't have my pre-order bonus. I have an email about my $10 promotional code, but not my pre-order bonus.. from amazon

For those who ordered from amazon, did you get your wpn pack upgrade or some email with a code?

UrbanRats

Ditch the armor piece and it's gone. Doesn't reappear in a storage box somewhere etc. If you want it again, you'll need to start another save game. That's pretty standard.

Well, if you throw away the weapons/armours of the DLC, you lose them.

Ah, it's not as bad as i thought, :p

Can you edit character appearance post creation?

I really wish you could skip the tutorial. I deleted my save and started over to tweak my character, but still don't like the way it looks in game too much. I hate having to go through the tutorial again just to tweak something.

There should be a potion for that, later on.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Dragon's Dogma in a nutshell?

S6aTL.jpg

burgerdog

Where's the book for the lost faith quest? I've searched both houses and the rooftop. Feel like it's going to be in an easy place that I missed or overlooked.

So, one major gripe? Lack of vendors on a minimap until you discover them. I spent like an hour getting wrecked by the Lizards until I realize there was a vendor lady inside the inn. Made all the difference in the world.

They have the name Xena as a Monicker but not Gabrielle. lol.

My Xena turned out alright but having a hard time getting a good picture of her.

Raptomex

Yeah, can somebody explain this monicker name thing? For parental controls? I don't get it. Isn't it a mature rated game?

Elginer

Is my 360's GPU going to shit or does this game have some terrible coompression and artifacting in cutscenes? Really worried here.

Where's the book for the lost faith quest? I've searched both houses and the rooftop. Feel like it's going to be in an easy place that I missed or overlooked.

On the rooftop next to the chapel, it has an active chimney. The book is right around the chimney. Hard as hell to see.

Is my 360's GPU going to shit or does this game have some terrible coompression and artifacting in cutscenes? Really worried here.

Nope, it definitely has bad compression.

For those of you playing the PS3 version, how tasking is it on the BR drive? I can't stand games that constantly put the drive through grief. Does the install cover most of the loading?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
For those of you playing the PS3 version, how tasking is it on the BR drive? I can't stand games that constantly put the drive through grief. Does the install cover most of the loading?

There is no install on the PS3 version

Karak

Fuck that shit.

I'll put up with some tearing on the 360 if it means I can play it installed.

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Its fine. I am not a person who worries about the streaming. Honestly I think you would be fine with the PS3 version. I mean the BR is made to play and work. I don't think 1 game will kill it.

Arcteryx

Yeah, can somebody explain this monicker name thing? For parental controls? I don't get it. Isn't it a mature rated game?

Sure, but some people don't enjoy seeing character names like "CuntPunt", "Cum Dumpster", etc. Not kidding, the VAST majority of names I've seen are ridiculous.

sublimit

Banned
8 New Hairstyles - $1.99

Lol.I was sure they were going to add those ever since i tried the character creator in the demo.It felt way too limited to be honest,almost as if they had taken out some features from the game to use them as dlc later.
Anyway i'm very satisfied with the character and pawn i made in the demo so i wouldn't care about that.Cosmetic stuff are way too trivial.

Then again i said i'd ignore all dlc for this game so i'd stick to my word even if the dlc looked interesting.

Its fine. I am not a person who worries about the streaming. Honestly I think you would be fine with the PS3 version. I mean the BR is made to play and work. I don't think 1 game will kill it.

I have the ps3 version and picture quality is not as bad as I expected. I'd much rather have a pc version but I didn't feel like waiting for something that my never come out.

Karak

I have the ps3 version and picture quality is not as bad as I expected. I'd much rather have a pc version but I didn't feel like waiting for something that my never come out.

Ya there wont be a PC release. Its best to just move forward with one of these versions.

Lol.I was sure they were going to add those ever since i tried the character creator in the demo.It felt way too limited to be honest,almost as if they had taken out some features from the game to use them as dlc later.
Anyway i'm very satisfied with the character and pawn i made in the demo so i wouldn't care about that.Cosmetic stuff are way too trivial.

Then again i said i'd ignore all dlc for this game so i'd stick to my word even if the dlc looked interesting.

Being the creation whore I am (Bought all of the Soul Calibur 5 costume packs....yeah), I would like to see some pics of these hairstyles.

Just to look...

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM.

Top Bottom