• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
UPS delivered mine at 11:45AM, but they left the package at my apartment office and chances are I'll get home after they've closed. Packages like this are always left at my door, but not this time! LOL.

KTallguy

Banned
Can anyone tell me the language options available for this game? Specifically, can you turn on Japanese text for the US, PS3 version? Is there something in the options menu?

Kyon

Banned
just got back from Gamestop, (360 version since my ps3 died and i need to replace it lol)

Im so CONFLICTED with which to choose. Strider or Mage.... im still in the choosing phase... anyone care to help me out? which one is better?

The 360 version should be waiting for me when I get home. Since I'm a sucker for any medieval style game with swords I'm sure I'll live through the technical issues.

How does it compare, graphics and frame rate- wise, to Arcania or the original Two Worlds on the 360? I lived throu those and enjoyed them. ( I'm not saying these are great games, just that I liked them)

Xane

Here, it doesn't even come out until May 25th. :<
And by then I don't even have time to play anymore, finals arriving. ><

Spat_triate

Just picked it up and played the first hour or so. The pawns actually have quite a lot of attributes under the hood (revealed when answering the personality questions). I wonder how much that affects gameplay.

For Arisen go with your favorite class to PLAY and augment your party with the other styles.
Just know your helpers are not always as helpful or as fast to heal etc as you would like.

They become more capable as you play though right?

I'm not expecting God Eater: Burst levels of AI team awesomeness but I expect that they'll be semi-competent at least.

I'll be picking this up on Friday, my first day out of school. Really looking forward to this. I hope it is as amazing as I think it will be and will warrant Capcom to continue to be more creative and gutsy and perhaps make more RPGs.

Karak

Just picked it up and played the first hour or so. The pawns actually have quite a lot of attributes under the hood (revealed when answering the personality questions). I wonder how much that affects gameplay.

It impacts a great deal. For example the most important place in the game is probably the freaking tutor chair in the Inn which allows you to adjust their actions. It can cause them to explore more, defend, attack, watch you and react off of you, call out enemies or try to sneak up on them first.

Yuterald

lol at the title screen music! Man, I'm so glad I ignored almost all media related to this game because I was so surprised when I let the game sit on the title screen. That music...oh my! Probably the biggest gaming surprise/moment I've had so far this year, lol!

JoeFenix

lol at the title screen music! Man, I'm so glad I ignored almost all media related to this game because I was so surprised when I let the game sit on the title screen. That music...oh my! Probably the biggest gaming surprise/moment I've had so far this year, lol!

THE WIND IS PUSSSHIINNG ME! FLYIIIINNNG INTOOOO FREEEEEEEEEE!

Raptomex

From what I played it's pretty good. I had to go to work so I only got to play for about an hour. The NPC pop in is an eyesore but the combat is satisfying.

Ricker

So yeah,I installed the game on the 360 but man,screen tearing doesn't usually bother me but it is awful in this game,I will try and get use to it but maybe I will try the 720p thing...playing on a 55 inch HDTV,the game looks awful,some of the worst textures I have ever seen,especially in the in game engine cut scenes...still in the first village though so maybe it looks a little better in the wild.

lunchtoast

UPS delivered mine at 11:45AM, but they left the package at my apartment office and chances are I'll get home after they've closed. Packages like this are always left at my door, but not this time! LOL.

UPS can't get into my complex since the intercom system doesn't work, so I always have to wait for a notice and request will call. They should really give him a gate key...

If you dont mind tearing then yes. The PS3 version supposedly has some framerate issues, but no tearing, and doesnt require an install in order to run without issues.

Question, can you still install for ps3? Would it help? I got space, so I wouldn't mind.

I'm at my dorm waiting for the UPS to arrive. It sucks bc I have to go out an get ingredients for class n I don't want to miss them >_<

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who was the genius who decided, 'nah, you don't need to know what level the quests are'?

So yeah,I installed the game on the 360 but man,screen tearing doesn't usually bother me but it is awful in this game,I will try and get use to it but maybe I will try the 720p thing...playing on a 55 inch HDTV,the game looks awful,some of the worst textures I have ever seen,especially in the in game engine cut scenes...still in the first village though so maybe it looks a little better in the wild.
Yeah. The textures look terrible on the PS3 version as well.

Yuterald

Man what shitty opening music.....seriously capcom...get better music

Whaaaa!? That's like the best part. It's total Sengoku Basara-kinda stuff! I'd rather have a track like that than some boring Elder Scrolls snooze opera. =D

Some brief impressions:

-Played for about 2 hours, starting as a Strider.
-Somehow made my create-a-character not (too) barfy looking.
-Spent most of my time in the first town, looking out into the blue skies atop cliffs, etc.
-Quest structure is user friendly, not cumbersome.
-Combat/animations are total DMC.
-Game feels like the Capcom that I remember.
-Some of the architect and the general vibe of the game reminds me of Shadow of Rome, which is a good thing.
-I wish there was more music than the typical "as soon as you re-enter an area 15 second piece" track. I guess this comes with all "open world" games. Blegh.

Ricker

Anyone know how the big the 360 install size is? And does an install really improve anything?

Quite big for how ugly it looks(last time I will bitch about this hehe)...7.9 GB...and I installed before even playing so I wouldn't know...sure as hell didnt fix the screen tearing though.

Karak

Textures look that way on both versions. I called it the Vaseline filter in a previous post I think.

Karak

Quite big for how ugly it looks(last time I will bitch about this hehe)...7.9 GB...and I installed before even playing so I wouldn't know...sure as hell didnt fix the screen tearing though.

The only thing that helped my screen tearing was, the stupidly offensive change to the 720p setting. And I can't even explain why. Others have said it has something to do with the framework program the game is built on. But it seemed to lesson a good amount.

On my tv I also have the gamemode off, no smoothing on, all that extra jazz turned off obviously.
I am on an 85 inch Toshiba and a 140 inch screen Optoma projector.

Whaaaa!? That's like the best part. It's total Sengoku Basara-kinda stuff! I'd rather have a track like that than some boring Elder Scrolls snooze opera. =D

Are you kiddng me, imagine if Diablo 3 started with this music. I would have tossed my PC out of the window. Thank god for the mute button, greatest invention ever.

Teknoman

Man what shitty opening music.....seriously capcom...get better music

If by shitty you mean awesome. Listen to the whole theme...and have mercy if you dont like the character creation theme.

Of course if you arent really a fan of old school anime intro style themes, then I guess it cant be helped.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are you kiddng me, imagine if Diablo 3 started with this music. I would have tossed my PC out of the window. Thank god for the mute button, greatest invention ever.

Yeah, I can already tell this is going to be a good podcast listening to game. There's not much audio going on and when people talk, you can finish reading their text before they even begin the audio.

Karak

If by shitty you mean awesome. Listen to the whole theme...and have mercy if you dont like the character creation theme.

Oh ya that character creation music. When I was playing at the game store the owner came over and kept saying...what is that playing! And we just sat there listening to it. Perfect music.

Top Bottom