• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFootball

DRIVECLUB-TIFY Your Hype!

What's a HYPE/OT thread without the proper Avatars???

Feel free to use any of the follow images for your own Avatar HYPE!

Hy0bj44.png
_
OhescEB.png
_
3NoST5H.png
_
fPslKQx.png
_
9I6S6T5.png

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Second update rolling out. Any news about this?

IKizzLE

Yea it's really weird.

This and the the order always get a ton of hate.

The order review thread will be the first truly explosive thread of the current gen. With that said, hate comes from it being a good looking exclusive game that was delayed for a year.

The order review thread will be the first truly explosive thread of the current gen. With that said, hate comes from it being a good looking exclusive game that was delayed for a year.

The Order was delayed a year? I thought it was originally supposed to come this fall, and then got pushed to February.

23qwerty

Hopefully, but I guess my 'glass half emptiness' makes me think he's implying they couldn't have sold very many copies and it was the right move to give them away.

I don't know how that makes it a super smart move, that would just mean they lose sales.

People try the game for free don't like it? They don't buy it.
People try the game for free and like it? They buy it.

If the free version doesn't exist then people buy it, like it or not.

bender

What time is it?
But then what's "super smart" about it? Sony has nothing to gain in that case.

I read that tweet as positive. "Playing is believing" or whatnot. It also puts the game in more people's hands which should help show off the social features.

I don't know how that makes it a super smart move, that would just mean they lose sales.

People try the game for free don't like it? They don't buy it.
People try the game for free and like it? They buy it.

If the free version doesn't exist then people buy it, like it or not.

Free version may win over a lot of fence-sitters who wouldn't have bought the game otherwise.

What if you look at it and say "Hmmm...not worth my money" but there's a free version, you try it and love it and see all the tracks that are locked. The game dangles dat PS+ discount in your face, and in a moment of weakness, you bite.

nikos

I could be wrong, but I feel like something weird is happening when I try to quickly down shift twice, it only downshifts once. Need to test it a bit more, but the game might not let you downshift two gears super fast depending on the car.

hawk2025

As much as I'm looking forward to the game, I'm somewhat surprised that the reception appears to be much more positive than I personally expected.

I guess I let the negativity get to me a bit :p

viveks86

I could be wrong, but I feel like something weird is happening when I try to quickly down shift twice, it only downshifts once. Need to test it a bit more, but the game might not let you downshift two gears super fast depending on the car.

Darin Gengi from ISR confirmed this as well.

Ricky_R

It's smart because the game is good and they'll want to get the full version, right? RIGHT?

It can be one of two things.

1- Like you said, offering the PS+ version is smart because people will discover how fun/great the game is, thus pushing them to buy the full version.
2- It was smart because it would help people avoid the full version due to how bad he think it was.

I'm going with the former.

Afrikan

Here is a review template that you are free to add to the OP for your convenience:

that's nice of you, but I don't trust your good intentions "cool"_dude.

Also note the rearview mirror....uhh, how is this playable as a racing game?

Bumper car physics against the air on one side and blades of grass... back and forth... 3-2-1 *beep* *beep* *beep*

Agree with boring.

It can have great graphics and look realistic, but those qualities do not always equate to good gameplay: the roads can be too narrow for good passing lanes, the contrast between gray sky and gray road can be hard to discern, the distracting sudden lighting changes, the cockpit view is constrained, the bumper car collisions take you out of the game, the 3 second off track limit with invisible walls, the fade to restart when venturing off road, repeating textures and buildings (100 observatories in an area??) etc. In short, realistic does not always equal good game.

but there is a positive side to you, so that's nice know

Forza Horizon 2 |OT|
Great reviews and writeups, I can feel the passion in the developers and gamers in this thread!

The problem is when sending hundreds of FR it is tiresome and takes time to write your gaf name every time, I wish there was select all and add feature

Do it once, and it should auto-complete next time. Adding 'all users' would probably murder PSN if we all did it, no DC tomorrow for us :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom