• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vroom vroom!
hypeclubo6ud6.jpg

Hey I want in!!! Edit: You can include just Jimmy if you want, doesn't have to be the whole avatar!

I want in on the hype car. I can't wait for this game. Got about 3-4 hours off tomorrow morning. Going to put so much time into this.

Vire

I only want to be on the hype car if the metacritic average tomorrow is above 80.

put me on.

This pic is disappointing, I was told there would be 100 observatories in the game and I see way less than that in the corridor.

Preorder cancelled

Khayam

Banned
hey GAF,

How do I start the preloading ? I bought the PS+ upgrade a week ago and got a mail yesterday saying I don't have enough credit on my PSN wallet. I added the credit right after reading it but they haven't charged me yet.

Any light for me ?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Just pre-ordered this bad boy. Shit just looks too awesome. I'm definitely gonna be trying to play with some gaf's!

PSN is Shuggah_Daddy

I'll be going through the thread sending friends requests. I'll accept any friends invites as well. This shit gonna be a blast

Squozen

Here are two excellent video's taken by someone who went to the Evolution Studio's DriveClub event yesterday. The video is taken off-screen with a camera, but is good quality.

First video shows off the Photo Mode, which looks to be spectacular. Free roaming camera, go anywhere on the track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_xKcrzH7g8

Second video shows off weather (rain in this case). The track starts dry and you can see the rain form puddles and the track get slick as the race goes on. The rain with the Sun peaking through the clouds at times is gorgeous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqsOg6XS9TQ

No wonder people complain about the cars looking like they're floating on the track. The first video shows they clearly are!

Wasdie

Neo Member
So what's the deal with the weather effects in this game. I remember reading where they weren't going to make it at launch. Was that just a rumor?

sneaky77

For those that are buying the T100 or similar, what wheel stand are you getting? I sold my fanatec wheel since no compatibility and the stand went with it

Ted

Rushy just responded to me on twitter! It`s amazing how much time he spends on the community support!

SLjnTr0.png

Thanks for the update mate.

I wonder if Rushy would clarify if that means an actual lobby system is likely to come with a patch or whether it simply means adding friends/club only versions of the pre-defined events.

The former would be great, especially if the host tools are robust.

The accessibility and longevity of the community as well as the social elements of online racing generally are hugely enhanced by a lobby system that encourages good hosts and gives them the right tools to promote good, fun racing (be that rough and ready or clean as a whistle).

Oh, and since Evolution have said they are adding replays to single-player perhaps if lobbies are added they might consider adding a post multi-player race review system. It would be a fantastic inclusion and a real boon for those dedicated regular lobby hosts out there.

viveks86

Just pre-ordered this bad boy. Shit just looks too awesome. I'm definitely gonna be trying to play with some gaf's!

PSN is Shuggah_Daddy

I'll be going through the thread sending friends requests. I'll accept any friends invites as well. This shit gonna be a blast

Here's a better idea!

1) Add DRIVECLUB-GAF to your PSN friends list
2) Add everyone who shows up under its friends list
3) Profit!

Jamesways

Superlative!

Thanks le-seb.

I haven't been this excited for a racing game in a long time.

Just loving next gen graphics, can't wait to see this on my tv at home.

Diamondium

Neo Member
Super excited for this one. It's one of the reasons I bought a PS4 in the first place, I've been waiting for so long. Only half a day left!

Jamesways

Super excited for this one. It's one of the reasons I bought a PS4 in the first place, I've been waiting for so long. Only half a day left!

Me too. Wasn't even going to get one until this week. Wife got me one for Father's Day months ago. The wait has been killing me.

There's only so much Killzone and MotoGP I can play...

viveks86

hey GAF,

How do I start the preloading ? I bought the PS+ upgrade a week ago and got a mail yesterday saying I don't have enough credit on my PSN wallet. I added the credit right after reading it but they haven't charged me yet.

Any light for me ?

AFAIK, if you get such an email, your order is cancelled and you need to order again after refilling. When you go to the store, don't you have the option to purchase the game anymore?

Thanks for the update mate.

I wonder if Rushy would clarify if that means an actual lobby system is likely to come with a patch or whether it simply means adding friends/club only versions of the pre-defined events.

The former would be great, especially if the host tools are robust.

The accessibility and longevity of the community as well as the social elements of online racing generally are hugely enhanced by a lobby system that encourages good hosts and gives them the right tools to promote good, fun racing (be that rough and ready or clean as a whistle).

Oh, and since Evolution have said they are adding replays to single-player perhaps if lobbies are added they might consider adding a post multi-player race review system. It would be a fantastic inclusion and a real boon for those dedicated regular lobby hosts out there.

Yes, I`m still asking myself what to make of this tweet. It could mean that a lobby system is coming. But maybe they are just working on punishing the crash kiddies more? I don`t know :( I really hope they are working on private lobbies for great club races. I still don`t understand how such a system isn`t implemented in a game where driving together is the key!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom