• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp. Don't mind if I do the honors

i9vrGqcExCaqs.jpg

add me homies-

PSN:Alcoholikaust

Saberus

Here you go I played the game today for 20 minutes.

- Game is amazing, steering si so great
- Reminds me of PGR
- Its not a sim but its definitely not an arcade racer
- Graphics were a bit off, not as great as seen in the GIF/VIDEOS. Like I said before it could be due to the TV settings
- A.I. was not that impressive, in my first try I ended 2nd
- Damage on your car is great
- Soundtrack is amazing

Must be the tv, I've downloaded all the gamersyde videos and watched them on my tv, was so impressed.

viveks86

I thought since ps+ offers change every month that would the time limit for DC too, why you think it will last longer viveks?

This game does not come under the usual cycle. They've said earlier that they want the PS+ version to be a viable alternative for people to use for a a good amount of time. So if they are saying the upgrade option will last as long as the PS+ version is on there, it will be there for a few months at least. Until official price drop, perhaps.

Anyone on the East Coast of the US looking for someone to drive with, if so, PM me.
I'm all about track memorization and clean driving.

edit: would also love a seat on the hype trunk

M.W.

New page:

Reviews are tomorrow 9am EST.

The PS+ Version will be available tomorrow at the normal store update hour.

Two questions that keep getting asked, might as well have the answer on every page!

SilentFlyer

Here you go I played the game today for 20 minutes.

- Game is amazing, steering si so great
- Reminds me of PGR
- Its not a sim but its definitely not an arcade racer
- Graphics were a bit off, not as great as seen in the GIF/VIDEOS. Like I said before it could be due to the TV settings
- A.I. was not that impressive, in my first try I ended 2nd
- Damage on your car is great
- Soundtrack is amazing

AI become more aggressive as you progress. That's what everyone - that played the game - said.

Also, add DRIVECLUB-GAF on PSN and add it's friends for GAF races.
I have to say, this was a great idea. It's easy to look at Driveclub-GAF's friend list and see who I'm not already friends with and send them requests. Even better, when DC-GAF makes new friends, it pops up in my news feed, and I can just fire off requests to those 8-9 new members, saving them needing to manually add the 300 users who joined before them. The PlayStation mobile app actually makes the latter surprisingly easy.

So yeah, if you're already friends with DC-GAF, keep an eye on your news feed and send requests to latecomers. You'll only need to send out a few requests, but it saves each of them sending out hundreds. kthxbai <3

Navid

How were private lobbies not part of the original design document for this game?
Yep, unfortunately it seems in quite a racing games over the past year or so have gone for either asynchronous type of MP or auto match-making rather than the traditional player created lobby system... At least it's good to hear that it's being worked on and will added to the game down the line.

I also hope they will support the game with dev created events... for example a weekly challenge or a 3v3 club knock-out tournament with livery/badge rewards for the top clubs and such.

EGOMON

This game does not come under the usual cycle. They've said earlier that they want the PS+ version to be a viable alternative for people to use for a a good amount of time. So if they are saying the upgrade option will last as long as the PS+ version is on there, it will be there for a few months at least. Until official price drop, perhaps.
Alright that make sense
Also can I ride the hype car :D

Xater

Rushy just responded to me on twitter! It`s amazing how much time he spends on the community support!

SLjnTr0.png

Ok that is great news. I feared my online experience might be just getting crashed into and that's no fun.

I enjoyed my online time with GT5 when I was playing with GAFers. Everyone was on the same page when it came to clean racing.

EGOMON

EU preload started? its less than 23 hours in timer still preload is not started. Please anyone answer me.
Try starting it manually by going to your library then click in Driveclub it will direct you to a page that have a download option just click it and it should start downloading thats how I started mine

Remf

The only issue I'm having regarding the driveclub-gaf friends list is that a lot of you have different PSN names compared to your gaf names so I don't know who's who.

Screw it! Everyone just add me and we'll have one big party!

Xater

The only issue I'm having regarding the driveclub-gaf friends list is that a lot of you have different PSN names compared to your gaf names so I don't know who's who.

Screw it! Everyone just add me and we'll have one big party!

That's why clever people usually write their GAF name in their friend request. That's usually the only ones I accept. Not an issue with me though because I have the same name there. :p

Try starting it manually by going to your library then click in Driveclub it will direct you to a page that have a download option just click it and it should start downloading thats how I started mine

I have timer there instead of download button, even in web store too. Are you from EU PSN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom