• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how two of our avatars are reacting the same way to the car.

1uen73D.jpg

Hedrush

I have to say, this was a great idea. It's easy to look at Driveclub-GAF's friend list and see who I'm not already friends with and send them requests. Even better, when DC-GAF makes new friends, it pops up in my news feed, and I can just fire off requests to those 8-9 new members, saving them needing to manually add the 300 users who joined before them. The PlayStation mobile app actually makes the latter surprisingly easy.

So yeah, if you're already friends with DC-GAF, keep an eye on your news feed and send requests to latecomers. You'll only need to send out a few requests, but it saves each of them sending out hundreds. kthxbai <3

That is so much easier, good call

Khayam

Banned
AFAIK, if you get such an email, your order is cancelled and you need to order again after refilling. When you go to the store, don't you have the option to purchase the game anymore?

Nop, it just says "add to the downloading queue" or something like that (PSN is in French for me).

But the download is not starting. On the PS Store from the PS4, it just shows Driveclub in the Library with a countdown of one day and some change :/.

Should I call Sony ? I'd really be pissed if the download starts on Wednesday..

viveks86

Nop, it just says "add to the downloading queue" or something like that (PSN is in French for me).

But the download is not starting. On the PS Store from the PS4, it just shows Driveclub in the Library with a countdown of one day and some change :/.

Should I call Sony ? I'd really be pissed if the download starts on Wednesday..

Oh ok! I thought EU preloading hasn't started yet?

Dre3001

I added DRIVECLUB-GAF on psn but the account hasn't accepted the friend request. I added a few people listed as friends with the account however but have not gone through the 300+ people.

Add me if anyone has room in their club or is looking to start one.

Psn: killakrt

Mullah88

Does this mean I can follow a friend into a race and it will not be bumper car ahoy?

Is the mp just matchmaking only? And then club vs club challenges? Can we party up (from different clubs) and join a room with other players already queuing up?

Late Flag

I've received like 30 friend requests in the past day. DRIVECLUB-GAF makin me feel like the prettiest girl at prom.

I knew I had hit the big time when I received a friend request from a guy at Level 27 on PSN. I've never seen that many trophies under one account before.

I'll be picking up my T100 wheel in a few hours - might do a PS4 stream later and show it off/take questions. I have a G27 I can compare it to so anyone interested can see the differences, maybe play some GT6 until DC unlocks at midnight.

Would anyone be interested in watching?

Does this mean I can follow a friend into a race and it will not be bumper car ahoy?

Is the mp just matchmaking only? And then club vs club challenges? Can we party up (from different clubs) and join a room with other players already queuing up?

In the mp you have only the option to choose an event within a list of events given by evolution studios. Given the text it will be updated every week. You can join an event solo or you can create a session with 5 other players, who don`t have to be from your club. Then the game puts your session of up to 6 players to a lobby with hopefully up to six other players. So you can`t make a race with 12 players you know.

Kane1345

In the mp you have only the option to choose an event within a list of events given by evolution studios. Given the text it will be updated every week. You can join an event solo or you can create a session with 5 other players, who don`t have to be from your club. Then the game puts your session of up to 6 players to a lobby with hopefully up to six other players. So you can`t make a race with 12 players you know.

As per Rushy's tweet I hope that changes and private lobbies come in

Hugstable

Banned
Gonna wait for alot of impressions before jumping on this one. Thankfully the PS+ demo should give me a good feel for the game, since I'm not too big on Arcade racers and tend to play mostly Racing sims, but from what I've heard most people say it isn't Arcade, but also isn't racing sim, which makes it a very tough decision for me. I also wish they actually got some Japanese makes in there, Honda NSX, Skyline GTR, Supra TT, all cars that could've easily fit in with this crowd. Also does this game allow car tuning at all, that's also a very huge deciding factor for me as it extends the length of the game for me since I'm a tuning junkie and love testing out cars bit by bit on different settings to pull out the most power and fastest times on certain tracks.

viveks86

Oh nice! That's awesome.

Viveks, go ahead and put me on the hype car, my friend.

I don't have time to explain why I don't have time. Le-seb is working on it. I'm too busy accepting friend requests on 2 different accounts. BRB!

Wait… did I just explain why… Never mind. Gotta go! PSN is gonna exploooode!

Ok, I don't usually do this but could you add me too, please?

Me too, please? On another note, does anyone here have the Thrustmaster T80? Would it be worth purchasing one for this game? I intend to play the hell out of it either way, but I haven't used a racing wheel since the n64 days. My budget is kind of low, and I live in Canada, so the T100 or T500rs aren't an option for me, so the T80 would be perfect, but I do not want to blindly buy it without hearing some impressions first. I trust GAF more than random reviews on the internet.

Lol, I thought you WEREN'T allowed to stream gameplay of any of the hot hatches, only certain super and hyper cars, which is exactly what they're doing in the Gamespot stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom