• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

That I don't disagree with at all, but it's continuing to sell it at the same time, knowing the state of things and when those new players will further disrupt networking for existing buyers.

I do agree with that-it does seem counterproductive to continue selling it while they are so over capacity as it is. Its like selling tickets to a plane that has no seats left and has people standing in the aisles.

I was trying to get him to start on hatches. He just drove the lotus Evora S(I think that's what it's called) on the chile mountain time trial I believe. It was a short session as we were heading to watch a hockey game.

He was definitely impressed with the sense of speed and the amount of skill needed to pull off a perfect run (which neither of could do hahah)

Let him try the motion control steering. No I'm not kidding :D

Loudninja

I do agree with that-it does seem counterproductive to continue selling it while they are so over capacity as it is. Its like selling tickets to a plane that has no seats left and has people standing in the aisles.
They not going to stop selling that would be way way worse.

A ton of people don't care for online play.

Goldrusher

A few more screens I took. Scotland is absolutely gorgeous. The sunsets there are the best in the game IMO.
What's with the black border?
Are you using a capture card or is your PS4 not set up correctly?

edit:
You can adjust the display area of the game screen to match the TV screen.
Select [Sound and Screen] > [Display Area Settings].

Gaz_RB

They not going to stop selling that would be way way worse.

A ton of people don't care for online play.

Well yeah, they're not going to stop selling, they don't want to lose money.

But I think part of the issue is that even if people don't care for online play and aren't playing online or actively using any of the social features, they are still putting a strain on the servers due to how the online component works through challenges and such.

If you're talking about the Forests of Canada video that's on this page:

driveclub.eu.playstation.com/1080p

Yes, the final game looks absolutely as good or better than that. I challenge anyone to disagree.

Well that's good enough for me. Booom!!!

Cheers. Ready and waiting for 12pm tonight!!!

edit:New Signature: are Naughty Dog ever gonna fix the matchmaking/broken bugs in TLOUL:R

Mononoke

Banned
How do I change my profile picture in the main dash? I created my character, and I have a gamer picture tied to my PSN profile. And yet..this picture just shows a blank profile. No idea why. Is it tied to online or something, and can't be updated currently?

Rushy are you listening?

here is what to do on your servers;

remember petrol rationing in england?
convert every remote ip address to an int, as far upstream as you can, drop traffic from any ip that is not modulo 8. You could also use psn member number, or any stable handle that you can hash to a number.
voila you will have 1/8th of the community with stable connections.

Then increase the server limits, and now make it modulo 4.
and then 2.
final step: open for business for everyone!

because right now nobody is using online the way the jounos were, nobody. It just craps out soon after it gets lucky.

Guymelef

This is good.
fw1URhm.png

le-seb

Everytime I watch one of these videos I laugh at:

Preparado . . . ¡YA!
Want to laugh at some French, now?
http://youtu.be/tAtwMuG22LY

I know that this is utterly shitty quality, but I wanted to show those who are doubting that the servers work. Well, sometimes, at least.
Here, I'm trying
and failing miserably
to beat the solo Norsk Hill Climb event, and my club (sansFrontieres) also takes advantage of it.

This game is dope. The little details, like snow flakes being blown by the wind and lit up by the car's headlight are wowing me.

GravyButt

Dude... so I was in first place on an India event the AI does a PIT maneuver on me and my car hits a side wall slope causing it to fly in the air and does at least 5 360s in the air before crashing onto the top of the hood and slide down the road a good 100ft for my car to only to keep getting slammed by all the AIs passing me. My car resets of course but on the hood instead of on its wheels.

I wish I knew how to work the share feature properly because it was crazy.

That sounds fn awesome

De_Legend

Banned
So guys, would you say the reviews were correct or not? Justified? Underrated game?

I was waiting for the PS+ edition but it is very tempting to buy it right now...

TP-DK

Man I really want to play more of this game, but I just can't get myself to do it before the server issues are fixed. It's just not as fun racing with empty leaderboards. I want to see my friends times and get frustrated when I, after 5 tries, still haven't been able to beat their time.

And I want to be in a damn club!

Gaz_RB

Today the servers seem to be better than yesterday
Whole time there was a loading icon, yesterday not
^^

Yeah, I can reliably connect today, even though I just have the loading icon on everything.
Progress!

I really hope all these amazing lap times I've been doing while not connected will appear on the leaderboards.

Dude... so I was in first place on an India event the AI does a PIT maneuver on me and my car hits a side wall slope causing it to fly in the air and does at least 5 360s in the air before crashing onto the top of the hood and slide down the road a good 100ft for my car to only to keep getting slammed by all the AIs passing me. My car resets of course but on the hood instead of on its wheels.

I wish I knew how to work the share feature properly because it was crazy.

Haha this kind of reminds me of my crash but I only did 1 360 :(

mGLoZw.gif

Nafai1123

Banned
So guys, would you say the reviews were correct or not? Justified? Underrated game?

I was waiting for the PS+ edition but it is very tempting to buy it right now...

If you're looking for a challenging but rewarding racing game with no muss, great visuals, and some truly incredible tracks it's well worth the money. I'm level 18 right now and I'd probably side with the reviews that were around a 8-8.5. It's not a perfect game, but for what it does it does extremely well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom