• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game has the best cockpit view Ive ever seen.. I've been playing exclusively using it.

Headtrackibg via the ps4 cam might have been interesting. As the door mirrors are so good.. Actually gives me a reason to use the right stick.
Cockpit view in VR is like a wet dream for me.

Late Flag

The only advice I can give for the drifting challenges is to stay on the outside of the lane when you start your drift, if your are drifting on a right hand turn when you start drifting you have to steer left in the opposite direction and vice versa, when you start to drift off the track tap L2 to slow down a bit to stay on the road. The speed bonuses also help a lot so coming out of a drift clean while maintaiming speed is a big help. Just try to find the best line to hit each turn at, it takes some practise for sure.

Thank you for this post. I was completely missing the counter-steering part. After a little practice, I managed to easily 3-star this one and I feel like I know what I'm doing now on drift events.

Mapping handbrake to x helped my drifting no end.. On ds4 anyways

I did the same thing. So much more comfortable.

I wish there was a way to make the game remember what level your club was at while the server is down or at least make it where we can still access the cars that were tied to those levels

I wish there was a way to make the game remember what level your club was at while the server is down or at least make it where we can still access the cars that were tied to those levels
Rushy said they were working on a fix for club cars not being available when offline. Doesn't seem like that's the intended behavior.

Please people, tell me you have at least tried the motion steering. I'm going crazy at the idea that so many of you just dismiss it without trying.

The window reflections in the dash cam are low-res, aren't they?

The lighting is so good in this game. Norway... Early evening > dusk > night > early morning... All in a 3 minute time trial.

Amazing.

Philly40

Totally anecdotal, but over the last few weeks I've noticed issues where my friends list or 'What's New'' on PS4 UI can take a long time time to load.

Playing Driveclub yesterday and today, I've found that the ability to connect to the online servers seems to correlate to how well the PS4 UI is able to load up the friends list, and part of the 1.03 patch notes had the strange "Fixes out of memory crashed due to multiple large avatars on the friends’ list." message.

(I've noticed today while playing time trials, sometimes your ghost has your PSN avatar, sometimes it's just blank)

Is it possible that this is more of a general PSN problem than Evolution's?

cyen

The window reflections in the dash cam are low-res, aren't they?

The lighting is so good in this game. Norway... Early evening > dusk > night > early morning... All in a 3 minute time trial.

Amazing.

Yeah, it a shame about the low res widow reflection, it really kills the imersion sometimes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Please people, tell me you have at least tried the motion steering. I'm going crazy at the idea that so many of you just dismiss it without trying.

I will stick with my T80, but it does sound like something I would try and possibly fall in love with.

v1lla21

Totally anecdotal, but over the last few weeks I've noticed issues where my friends list or 'What's New'' on PS4 UI can take a long time time to load.

Playing Driveclub yesterday and today, I've found that the ability to connect to the online servers seems to correlate to how well the PS4 UI is able to load up the friends list, and part of the 1.03 patch notes had the strange "Fixes out of memory crashed due to multiple large avatars on the friends’ list." message.

(I've noticed today while playing time trials, sometimes your ghost has your PSN avatar, sometimes it's just blank)

Yeah, it's a general problem with PSN. This happened to me when I first played FIFA. It hasn't happened at all anymore.

Loudninja

Maintenance is tomorrow so maybe that will fixed it?

creyas

dc3_by_kane1345-d82l00a.gif

Beautiful.

Made me think of a relevant use for the touchpad for this game; touching it could make your driver raise his hand up to block the sun in the position your thumb is on it relative to the screen, lift it off and he puts it back on the wheel. :)

original.gif

viveks86

Can someone confirm if this trick works?

If you get connected, but you don't see you club, sign out of PSN.

Now you will see your club, but, obviously, you would be offline. Now sign back into your PSN. If the game connects, you will see your club now.

Just tried this and it worked!

I tried it for a few races, it was a cool addition but having the accelerate not being a pedal while still having a "wheel" was odd for me. Nice that they included it though.

Beautiful.

Made me think of a relevant use for the touchpad for this game; touching it could make your driver raise his hand up to block the sun in the position your thumb is on it relative to the screen, lift it off and he puts it back on the wheel. :)

original.gif
I love this idea. Sony WWS developers should strive to use the touchpad in more interesting ways.

derExperte

Legend trophy get. Plus every other that works without online or grinding. No points for my Club-bros though, sorry. And I'll level up to 30 but then that's it, I feel like I've seen everything and most of the tracks aren't so interesting that I'm going to do time trials, visuals are also very hit and miss. Still, it's a good game and the really low reviews aren't justified at all thanks to the very good driving model but it's obvious that a lot is still missing or half-baked. Maybe I'll check out the inevitable Complete Edition in a year or two.

This game has the best cockpit view Ive ever seen.

Dirt 3 online in hardcore mode was even better imo due to the tracks being much more bumpy (also the thrill of not surviving any big mistake). Which reminds me that we need a current-gen rally game asap.

Auctopus

Beautiful.

original.gif

Or a swipe down to bring down the visor.

Dirt 3 online in hardcore mode was even better imo due to the tracks being much more bumpy (also the thrill of not surviving any big mistake). Which reminds me that we need a current-gen rally game asap.

Codemasters are working on the next-gen DiRT. Wouldn't be surprised if it was next year.

Chabbles

dc3_by_kane1345-d82l00a.gif

Loving the game :)

Fix the online EVO!

Nice gif, but hold up. Since minus-com dropped upload limit per file from 15mb to 5mb, and your gif is 16mb, uploaded to deviantart. Is that with a payed for account or free account for file sizes that big ??

Edit,
nvm, deviant art will take big file sizes =]

Xater

I love watching cockpit vids, but I just can't play that way. The FOV is too small for me to see the track. Bumper cam all the way for me.

Bumper cam is too low for me in this game. I prefer the hood cam to it.

I really wonder when they will be able to actually make this game work online. Obviously not tomorrow. Ugh...

the no online connection error for me is really disappointing, I guess I'll try to level grind on my own today hope to get a wheel in the future to because I love racing games

so I am in this for the long haul just wish I could be in a Club to even unlock those cars I cannot seem to access with this online down stuff

edit: any online guide showing which early races have the most miles? or miles per track?

I just can't get that 1.16 in the Venom, I just can't GAF :'(

Tell me about it. Normally a time trial takes me 2 laps, one to get to grips with the car and track, and the other to finish it to 3 star standards.

Because of the Venom being such a terrible car, it took me almost 25 laps.

This Mercedes AMG sounds like a chained beast.

Feel like I'm the Dragonborn while flying that thing down the road in Kinloch. It also does a little riverdance whenever you shift up. Thats just nice.

And it stops like a dime too! Provided that dime is the size of a hand-egg field.

Jorav

So i tried to download the AMG GT but it says i have it installed, though when i select it it comes up with the msg to activate buy from PSN store, though I've already bought it. I also can't download my pre-order bonuses. Is this all due to server issues?

Whb29

Really enjoying the game but also really disappointed in the lack of online. I don't know what the problem is but it's not acceptable. In the 12 or so hours I have put into the game I connected to the servers once, during which I got an error when I tried to start any online race.

I mean, I expect match making and such to be a bit flaky in the first week, but to not even be able to access leaderboards? Is their netcode that bad? Even worse, they delayed the damn game a year just for the social aspects and seem to have entirely failed to test it adequetly at any point during that year.

The whole response of 'this never happened during testing' is just horseshit, they just failed to test it in a real world scenario. I genuinely think Rushy is a great guy, a passionate gamer and a great ambassador for the game, but he needs to kick someone's arse into shape for this fiasco!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom