• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popsickles

Originally Posted by i-Lo

So... what's with the small display area? Are they expecting all HDTVs to have some form of overscan? And is there a way to remedy this issue?

It amazes me that no one adjusted this during initial set up. It prompts you when you first boot up the ps4 to adjust to your display. Do people not read

murgo

Another day, another update saying the same shit again. How can they call it an "improvement" if people still get disconnected or can't even connect in the first place? Come on now... they're please about adding the leaderboards? They're pleased that stuff that should've been working on day one is working after a week?

i-Lo

Go to the PS4's homescreen and go to settings and fix it there. It is with your system setting, not the game's.

Ah, thanks.

It amazes me that no one adjusted this during initial set up. It prompts you when you first boot up the ps4 to adjust to your display. Do people not read

Unfortunately, I was not present during the initial set up which was on a different tele (one that may have been prone to over-scan)

le-seb

People may have TV set up with overscanning on.
In which case, they probably have changed the display area so that it matches what their TV show.

Another day, another update saying the same shit again. How can they call it an "improvement" if people still get disconnected or can't even connect in the first place? Come on now... they're please about adding the leaderboards? They're pleased that stuff that should've been working on day one is working after a week?

It's called an improvement because it's just that, an improvement. Things can be improved and still not work entirely. They aren't saying things are fixed. They are saying it's getting better, and they are.

-Amon-

I imagine its more packed at night.

My guess too.

This morning at 9 o'oclock ( GMT+1 , Europe ) I launched the game and stayed online for the whole session, with one brief offline / online. I played for a couple of hours, with online races fully working and leaderboards for track loading in no time.

So disappointed to hear online is not functioning (at least for some) yet. It was working smoothly when I tried a few multiplayer races /events earlier today. Leaderboards seemed to be working right as well. What happened since then? Has the online regressed back to where it was yesterday?

Loudninja

Absolutely, but it's very frustrating.
Yeah I understand. :(
My guess too.

This morning at 9 o'oclock ( GMT+1 , Europe ) I launched the game and stayed online for the whole session, with one brief offline / online. I played for a couple of hours, with online races fully working and leaderboards for track loading in no time.

I have had a lot more luck connecting at night.
I guess we each have our times when its best for us.

Auctopus

Haha, the annoyance he had to tweet them and then his reply when they gave him a good answer was just 'cool'. Must be soul-crushing working that Twitter account.

Except for a Classic American Muscle pack, what American cars are people expecting in the future? I can only think of Viper, Corvette and Ford GT. I'm looking forward to three potential packs...

- Japanese (Drift?) pack (Skylines, GT-R, NSX, Evolution X, LFA)
- European Classics (E-Type, Ferrari 250 California, Austin Healy 3000 etc.)
- American Classic Muscle (Fastback, Challenger, Corvette)

Also, the Hennessy Venom is American.

So disappointed to hear online is not functioning (at least for some) yet. It was working smoothly when I tried a few multiplayer races /events earlier today. Leaderboards seemed to be working right as well. What happened since then? Has the online regressed back to where it was yesterday?
No. I've been online for about an hour and a half racing online.

Afrikan

nib got banned?

man I hope it wasn't because of Driveclub threads being Driveclub threads.

on topic.... I love using that Bentley online.... continue to try to run me off the road assholes. bwhahahahaha

murgo

Haha, the annoyance he had to tweet them and then his reply when they gave him a good answer was just 'cool'. Must be soul-crushing working that Twitter account.

Except for a Classic American Muscle pack, what American cars are people expecting in the future? I can only think of Viper, Corvette and Ford GT. I'm looking forward to three potential packs...

- Japanese (Drift?) pack (Skylines, GT-R, NSX, Evolution X, LFA)
- European Classics (E-Type, Ferrari 250 California, Austin Healy 3000 etc.)
- American Classic Muscle (Fastback, Challenger, Corvette)

Also, the Hennessy Venom is American.

I want Lamborghini's. A lot of Lamborghini's. And an Audi S3 <3

It's called an improvement because it's just that, an improvement. Things can be improved and still not work entirely. They aren't saying things are fixed. They are saying it's getting better, and they are.

Well, you are right. I'm just pissed I can't get my clubmates to join or contribute points to the club :( I love this game so much, but every time I get disconnected I get furious.

Putty

I just did 2 2:54 times on the first Canada PTP event one after the other, but my time(s) wouldnt post becuase "there was a problem with the server". Was online though, just the leaderboard wouldnt work. I've turned the game off now. Have these times sunk without a trace?

Putty

I must admit i've been pretty calm about the whole server situation, but now im trying to sink my teeth into getting good times AND posting, i don't think im going to do any more of the tour until things have been fixed. 8(

ajcacio

Banned
I must admit i've been pretty calm about the whole server situation, but now im trying to sink my teeth into getting good times AND posting, i don't think im going to do any more of the tour until things have been fixed. 8(

Exactly how I feel man. And I convinced a friend to purchase the game. He was already lukewarm and the server issues mean we can't even play together. I'm not angry or want my money back...I'm just bummed.

Putty

Exactly how I feel man. And I convinced a friend to purchase the game. He was already lukewarm and the server issues mean we can't even play together. I'm not angry or want my money back...I'm just bummed.

I love the life out of it, don't get me wrong, but i now want to take my experience to the next level, but i can't currently.

The server situation is definitely getting better, I was on for a good 3 or 4 hours today and only had the occasional drop but for no more than a minute or so. Still no challenges tho, but things do seem to be improving.

I can connect to my club and earn XP for it now about 50% of the time, but have yet to be able to ever get into an online multiplayer race. None of the social challenge stuff seems to be working either (not just the "send your friend challenges" stuff, but the "beat X on this corner" pop-up stuff); the only times I ever see those are the pre-set ones in the Single Player campaign.

It's kind of a bummer because I *loved* the whole asynchronous social competition in the SSX reboot a few years ago, which was also in some of the recent NFS games. It was the main reason I actually got DriveClub. At this point, i'm probably going to be mentally done with the game by the time it's implemented; there's too many other good games coming out to keep banging my head against this one.

d9b

Banned
S¡mon;134328608 said:
So, eh, that PS Plus edition? Does it actually exist?
I_Want_to_Believe_UFO_poster.jpg

DagsJT

Still not been able to get online. I've been pretty patient in waiting for them to fix the servers but I'm pretty annoyed now. As good as the game is, a lot of the shine will have worn off by the time I do eventually get online.

That and I'll have an Xbox One by the end of the week so I'll also be playing Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2.

Really disappointed in the launch of DriveClub, essentially the whole point of the game with regards to clubs and online challenges just doesn't exist for me.

Hedrush

It certainly isn't getting better. I haven't been able to connect to a server since i bought the game.

They've certainly got better for me that's all I can say. Was online fine last night also. I can understand your frustration tho, especially if you've had the game since last Tuesday. I've only had the game ( digital version) since Friday being in the UK, so the downtime for me was only 3 days.

It must vary be region. US east here and things have been worse for me the past few days. I was able to get multiplayer games in last friday, but none since. I can occasionally connect online, but the mutilplayer servers never show up on the event browser. They instead time out, says there is a communication error with the servers, and then I lose connection.

I think you could be correct with the region thing. I couldn't get on at all from Friday through Sunday. I'm connecting more often now first time and for longer periods, 4 hours today from 1pm until 5pm with minimal drops. Now at that time in the UK your either working or at school and in the US your either sleeping still or just getting up, so connection to the servers should be easier with less people playin.

Nyx

i can race online now but the leaderboards say I have no entries at all. I can see the global ranking and top-50 but not myself or the times of my friends.

I've been online almost continuously during this evenings primetime. As have my club members. Online races remain iffy but club progress is updated quite reliably. If only challenges were enabled.

wouwie

They have been saying the same thing on their facebook updates every day now. Couldn't connect at all most of the time today and it crashed my PS4 just now. So I deleted my save game. I'll be happy to return to this game when all issues are fixed and the AI is improved. Until then, i'm out.

Hmm seen some people saying DC has outsold FH2, is this true? Is the game actually selling well? Despite the online problem I think EVO did a damn fine job and I want them to keep making great games.

Nafai1123

Banned
Hmm seen some people saying DC has outsold FH2, is this true? Is the game actually selling well? Despite the online problem I think EVO did a damn fine job and I want them to keep making great games.

TBH it wouldn't surprise me. The install base is much larger and there aren't exactly a plethora of quality racing games on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom