• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

So, should I wait playing until I can get online and join a club? Or should I just play?
You can still play it now and it is really enjoyable. I've deleted my save after messing around in the game for a couple of hours as I really want to wait for all the online stuff to be up and running properly.

KalBalboa

Banned
I've got to say, now that I get the club system more I'm kind of pumped to go home after work and boot up the game to see what level we've made it to. It's a really neat idea.

rav

Just picked this and Mordor up, hoping to be able to hop online tonight :-/ if not I'll play Destiny / Mordor for a while.

I can still do stuff offline though right?

Matush

Just completed Rookie cup, not gonna bother with thr game for now, until servers are up, game is fun, but I don't want to have "half the experience".

You can still play it now and it is really enjoyable. I've deleted my save after messing around in the game for a couple of hours as I really want to wait for all the online stuff to be up and running properly.

So, should I wait playing until I can get online and join a club? Or should I just play?
Well, you won't level up your club when you play now. And that means you won't get the higher clublevel cars that you need to win events.
So it will be wasted effort. Fun wasted effort, for sure.

I'd wait till it all runs well. Then you'll have an absolute blast.

I might delete my save. But i allready did so much....

This game is super fun. Those mountain climb and descent point-to-point races are just so cool.

Have been getting connected finally and contributing to my club (whatup Crazy Euros), and that's also really neat. Hopefully the face-offs and challenges will be up soon.

quesalupa

Do you guys think I'll enjoy this game if I liked Motorstorm, Mario Kart, and Split/Second but not really Gran Turismo and Project Cars?

murgo

Yay, servers down again. How fucking long do we have to wait until they're finally reliable? All my club cars are gone again.. ARGH!

JP

Well, you won't level up your club when you play now. And that means you won't get the higher clublevel cars that you need to win events.
So it will be wasted effort. Fun wasted effort, for sure.

I'd wait till it all runs well. Then you'll have an absolute blast.

I might delete my save. But i allready did so much....
I've already been invited to a club but due to the server problems I couldn't even accept it. Some will be happy playing but I have no issues waiting another week or two for everything to be working properly.

Really been looking forward to DriveClub but the release date meant it was in the middle of me playing Mordor & Diablo so I have no issues at all with carrying on with those at all until everything is as it should be.

Although I didn't play DriveClub (Plus upgrade) much I played it enough and enjoyed it enough to be convinced that it was well worth me buying the Season Pass even though I can't really do much with the game at the moment.

spwolf

They already released a patch to the game Sunday or so that reduced the burden on the servers. And they said there is a new patch out today or tomorrow but I am not sure if its for the servers or for the actual game that should improve even more..

it is a server patch, i believe they were patching the servers all the time, it is not something we would notice except for them working better... game patch was also to help them diagnose servers better not actually improve since problems are on server side.

Rodelero

Yay, servers down again. How fucking long do we have to wait until they're finally reliable? All my club cars are gone again.. ARGH!

I just beat the #1 record on a track, and it literally came up with the communicating with server error as I was about to cross the line. Beat it by five hundredths... sigh. I can do it again, obviously, but that was one heck of a way to ruin my satisfaction.

ruxtpin

Banned

I'm about to finish off the single player and then I'm trading the game back in. I have little to no patience for this shit anymore. I don't have the time I had when I was younger to play games; I'd rather use my veg time on a game that's functioning.

Joeki11a

Banned
Wait did Sony waste the marketing budget on this on that stupid
Sing a long TV Ad with the guys crashing into each other?, I yet to see a DriveClub Tv ad.

Do you guys think I'll enjoy this game if I liked Motorstorm, Mario Kart, and Split/Second but not really Gran Turismo and Project Cars?

Yes.

It has a great driving system that has lots of depth if you are trying to master it, but also allows you to make mistakes like you can in Mario Kart and Motorstorm. If you wipe out and crash, or hit a side railing, you can still get back on the road with little disturbance most of the time and race toward the head of the pack. Not sure if this applies to online races, the ones I've played I've managed to not crash and maintain my position.

KalBalboa

Banned

It's definitely not as demanding as something like GT or Project Cars, but the style of racing isn't as forgiving as a Mario Kart either. It's... fun to drive, but you still need to remember to apply brake before turns, know when to accelerate out, and be aware of the curvature of your turn versus speed, yadda yadda.

If there was a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being simple driving and 10 being demanding sim, I'd put these games at the following:

Mario Kart - 1
Motorstorm - 4
GT - 9
Driveclub - 6

fernoca

What does suck is thay now thst the clubs are kinda working and finally mine is active, been level 16 with nearly 1 million points...but the club barely making it to level 2 because around 150k are needed to level up.

Then the other club member been a good friend of mine, which I convinced to get this game...through all this situation, of course is disappointed.

I still love this, one of my favorite and most played racing games over recent years. But some bonus points to all clubs created or something would be nice.

theWB27

One of my favorite things to do in racers is, in the far view or replays, look at how the tires/suspension react to all of the different crevices and imperfections in the road. I even do it in real life.

It seems as though the roads on DC have been freshly paved. There's pretty much no play outside of the obvious. Little dissapointing.

Hedrush

The server situation is definitely getting better, I was on for a good 3 or 4 hours today and only had the occasional drop but for no more than a minute or so. Still no challenges tho, but things do seem to be improving.

KalBalboa

Banned
One of my favorite things to do in racers is, in the far view or replays, look at how the tires/suspension react to all of the different crevices and imperfections in the road. I even do it in real life.

It seems as though the roads on DC have been freshly paved. There's pretty much no play outside of the obvious. Little dissapointing.

I don't know, I think some of the roads have some real "years" to them. I really love the autumn leaves in some stages that cars can displace as they drive through.

jet1911

The server situation is definitely getting better, I was on for a good 3 or 4 hours today and only had the occasional drop but for no more than a minute or so. Still no challenges tho, but things do seem to be improving.

It certainly isn't getting better. I haven't been able to connect to a server since i bought the game.

poros1ty

It must vary be region. US east here and things have been worse for me the past few days. I was able to get multiplayer games in last friday, but none since. I can occasionally connect online, but the mutilplayer servers never show up on the event browser. They instead time out, says there is a communication error with the servers, and then I lose connection.

impact

Banned
me and fellow GAFer Aspirations26 have a club with 4 spots open if any free agent needs a home. Leave your PSN if interested

The Beard

Wait did Sony waste the marketing budget on this on that stupid
Sing a long TV Ad with the guys crashing into each other?, I yet to see a DriveClub Tv ad.

They might have a commercial ready to go. It wouldn't be a good idea to release a commercial for this game at this point.

" Hey look at all these unique networking features we bring to the table ! Available for purchase now ! "

They'd have many more pissed off customers if they were dumb enough to do that.

Ps. That singing commercial was lame as hell though.

ShapeGSX

They might have a commercial ready to go. It wouldn't be a good idea to release a commercial for this game at this point.

" Hey look at all these unique networking features we bring to the table ! Available for purchase now ! "

They'd have many more pissed off customers if they were dumb enough to do that.

Ps. That singing commercial was lame as hell though.

If they had plans to advertise the game, I doubt that they could have changed them the day the game launched. I'm guessing that they just didn't have plans to advertise it.

murgo

I just beat the #1 record on a track, and it literally came up with the communicating with server error as I was about to cross the line. Beat it by five hundredths... sigh. I can do it again, obviously, but that was one heck of a way to ruin my satisfaction.

Holy shit. I think something like that would make me angry enough to never play it again. This is bullshit.

iFootball

New FB Update from EVO:

Driveclub

After more successful upgrades and updates to the servers today, performance continues to improve and more of you will be able to play online together.

We're still working, and will be around the clock, to keep improving social connectivity and online play, and we are pleased to say we have also added in friendly leaderboards now.

We will have info about more updates to the game and the servers soon. In the mean time, while this work continues, we are also paying attention to all of the feedback and comments you're sharing with us too - so please keep sharing so that we can keep improving the game and giving you more to play for.

people that intentionally try to spin you out

ugh
It is a shame because clean racing is so intense. Just had a fantastic race that was a bit bumpy but fair and no rash moves with some nice overtakes between me and another player and I finished first by a couple of tenths, which over ten laps is not a lot!

i-Lo

So... what's with the small display area? Are they expecting all HDTVs to have some form of overscan? And is there a way to remedy this issue?

Loudninja

After more successful upgrades and updates to the servers today, performance continues to improve and more of you will be able to play online together.

We're still working, and will be around the clock, to keep improving social connectivity and online play, and we are pleased to say we have also added in friendly leaderboards now.

We will have info about more updates to the game and the servers soon. In the mean time, while this work continues, we are also paying attention to all of the feedback and comments you're sharing with us too - so please keep sharing so that we can keep improving the game and giving you more to play for.
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/711096815641348

So... what's with the small display area? Are they expecting all HDTVs to have some form of overscan? And is there a way to remedy this issue?

Go to the PS4's homescreen and go to settings and fix it there. It is with your system setting, not the game's.

I think its way better, i had everything working last nihht (not challenges) . Where are you at?

Yup, same here. I hadn't been able to connect at all since launch day. Everybody kept getting short bursts but I got nothing. Yesterday I had connection as soon as it started and played a few MP games. It was great. Hopefully everything is fully up and running soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom