• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Cool, does it work with PC as well?
Trying to find out, but not having much luck. Seems to be heavily marketed as a PS3/PS4 wheel (as it has the PS/share buttons), but I'll be amazed if there aren't drivers for it.

I'm disappointed my G25 wheel won't work with this game. =( I'm not about to drop another $300 on a new wheel when mine is still just fine and I refuse to have to buy a wheel per system.
Yeah, it's not a nice move given the Logitech wheels were their official partners for the PS3 GT games from what I can recall. Obviously they've struck a deal with Thrustmaster, but it's not fair not to include drivers in there. Or perhaps it's on Evo to support and they can patch it in?

Hackbert

Damn, this is just ridiculous! A game that is developed around the social aspect cant connect to the server almost two weeks after the launch. How can people still defend EVO?

mhh? i hate the server situation too, but two weeks seems a bit strange.. release was seven days ago

bombshell

Damn, this is just ridiculous! A game that is developed around the social aspect cant connect to the server almost two weeks after the launch. How can people still defend EVO?

Today is exactly 1 week since the US release, 6 days since EU release.

Not that it's any excuse, but it's far from 2 weeks.

the race tracks with lap times are just killer, i for some reason can't seem to go fast enough to get all the stars... is this because i suck or do i just need to unlock faster cars?

Konosuke

This happened to me after doing a time trial a few hours ago:

M2PovZh.jpg

gDfmRqj.jpg

No idea what triggered it.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I had Tour race progress (that with 0:56 lap) erased twice this morning without any notice. It just went to main screen and that was it.

Duallusion

Yep, just unlocked Mono for our Club and it's much easier and fun to drive (for me). Sorry, Atom; maybe I just don't have the patience to caress you ever so gently around the corners. :)

R&R

Just had an insane endurance race. It was on the India track and it started around 18.00 and finished in the morning (gametime). I was battling all the 10 laps with couple of RUF's, they seemed to have the better of my Merc but on the final lap they tangled as they battled for the lead and I was there to pick up the lead and eventual win (barely)!

An epic, epic race - had very strong 24h Le Mans vibes battling all the way through the night and early morning!

iFootball

Haha! Tell me about it. I actually had a dream early this morning of having to beat some insane time trial challenge. As if playing the game all day wasn't enough

LOL..

..BTW... have you gotten "Multiplayer Sessions" to work?.. I've tried joining your session and/or Gaz' quite a few times, and nothing really happens.... does it automatically pull you into the Session's Leader Lobby?... will it pull me even if I'm in the middle of an offline race?.. I've also had Gaz join my session but I have never been able to launch a MP session with him tagging along. =\

chualie

Is there like a GAF list for all driveclub players? It would be nice to have more people on my friends list for leaderboards and such.

Also any tips on how you make those sharp corner turns? Slow down to a near halt using the brake or hit the handbrake and hope for the best?

Is there like a GAF list for all driveclub players? It would be nice to have more people on my friends list for leaderboards and such.

Also any tips on how you make those sharp corner turns? Slow down to a near halt using the brake or hit the handbrake and hope for the best?

Add DRIVECLUB-GAF to your friends list then just send invites to the people on that list.

Online has been working for me for the past hour or so after a little while sitting on the menu to connect to the servers. The only thing down is the leaderboard which is kind of disappointing.

Mr Moose

I'm thinking about buying this and Shadow of Mordor... Mixed reviews but seeing a fair amount of good stuff on here, is the game worth picking up? Is it good? (apart from the shitty online that should've been fixed on Monday when they did their maintenance). Is the online improving since Monday?

I'm disappointed my G25 wheel won't work with this game. =( I'm not about to drop another $300 on a new wheel when mine is still just fine and I refuse to have to buy a wheel per system.

It's a sad state of affairs, but Logitech is to blame.

Meanwhile, do like me (and a growing set of other Gaffers) and use the Motion Controls for steering. Works great.

Also, I keep comparing the skies outside to the skies in the game. :D

viveks86

LOL..

..BTW... have you gotten "Multiplayer Sessions" to work?.. I've tried joining your session and/or Gaz' quite a few times, and nothing really happens.... does it automatically pull you into the Session's Leader Lobby?... will it pull me even if I'm in the middle of an offline race?.. I've also had Gaz join my session but I have never been able to launch a MP session with him tagging along. =\

Yeah I played with lookatmego yesterday. Oddly enough, I've never see any notification that you were in my session. What's your PSN again?

May be I didn't notice because I was playing SP with my HUD and notifications off.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm thinking about buying this and Shadow of Mordor... Mixed reviews but seeing a fair amount of good stuff on here, is the game worth picking up? Is it good? (apart from the shitty online that should've been fixed on Monday when they did their maintenance). Is the online improving since Monday?

I don't think the Monday PSN maintenance had anything to do with the Driveclub issues which they said are due to their own software.

That said, last night was the first time I was able to connect online since launch and the game elevates significantly with online play and challenges. And keep in mind not all online capabilities are up just yet, even more individual challenge "modes" are still to be turned on as they work out the issues.

Mr Moose

I don't think the Monday PSN maintenance had anything to do with the Driveclub issues which they said are due to their own software.

That said, last night was the first time I was able to connect online since launch and the game elevates significantly with online play and challenges. And keep in mind not all online capabilities are up just yet, even more individual challenge "modes" are still to be turned on as they work out the issues.

Oh it's to do with Evos software? I wonder when it'll be all sorted.

I've got £15 off on Tesco so I am thinking about buying this and SoM (or maybe The Evil Within, but I am a pussy, so maybe not that one).

Not sure if brought up but a tip for anyone having troubles joining a MP match with a friend. Try picking a race with about a minute and a half to 2 minutes remaining before the race starts, it gives the servers a chance to sync up the connections, any time I have tried to start a race with less than a minute before start time it doesn't work. Every time I picked a race with about 1.5 minutes wait time, it went off without a hitch.

Joeki11a

Banned
Ok so Driveclub PS+ is coming when?

October cant pass without it or the crapstorm will hit Sonys doors steps.

They seem to think gamers will judge the game and not buy it, could happen but they could also get it for 49.99! Stop being scared Sony.

Nafai1123

Banned
same here! iit can't be done in less than 1:17. how the hell is this possibile?

If you think less than 1:17 is impossible, don't look at the leaderboards :p

I found braking earlier in several of the turns improved my time drastically and avoid drifting if at all possible everywhere except the last turn. Fast isn't always the fastest.

wouwie

Online hasn't been working at all this afternoon. In fact, it seems little to no progress has been made in fixing the online component in the past week.

I've been playing more Tour in the meantime and i have come to conclusion that the AI is ruining the whole experience for me. I can't recall ever having such an annoying AI in a racing game before, other than in MS Apocalypse, which was also by Evolution. It's a shame since i think Driveclub is a rather fantastic racing game in most other aspects. I was even considering buying a season pass for this.

No matter how much effort i try to put into clean racing, every race amounts in a crash and bump fest. If you brake because someone before you brakes (which seems like the normal thing to do), you can bet that somebody behind you will drive straight into you. If you overtake someone on the inside of a corner where there is enough room to overtake and you are already beside the oponent, you can be sure that the AI will follow it's predefined route, cut the corner and drive you into the side. In many cases, the AI just isn't aware of your presence at all and just drives around as if you aren't there. It's not fun. For a game that penalises the player for cutting corners, going off track and driving into opponents, it's crazy to see the behaviour of the AI.

I'm not sure if i will continue the Tour. I might just stick to time trials, which is by far the most fun aspect of this game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Oh it's to do with Evos software? I wonder when it'll be all sorted.

I've got £15 off on Tesco so I am thinking about buying this and SoM (or maybe The Evil Within, but I am a pussy, so maybe not that one).

They already released a patch to the game Sunday or so that reduced the burden on the servers. And they said there is a new patch out today or tomorrow but I am not sure if its for the servers or for the actual game that should improve even more.

At least they are working, they are communicating, and there are clear signs of improvement.

As to the other games, Mordor is a ton of fun. I play it on PC. The Nemesis system is truly the first "next-gen" feature I have seen in a while in terms of gameplay and not just graphics. I expect versions of it will soon come to nearly all games of that type including stuff like Assassins Creed, GTA style games and so forth.

Mr Moose

They already released a patch to the game Sunday or so that reduced the burden on the servers. And they said there is a new patch out today or tomorrow but I am not sure if its for the servers or for the actual game that should improve even more.

At least they are working, they are communicating, and there are clear signs of improvement.

As to the other games, Mordor is a ton of fun. I play it on PC. The Nemesis system is truly the first "next-gen" feature I have seen in a while in terms of gameplay and not just graphics. I expect versions of it will soon come to nearly all games of that type including stuff like Assassins Creed, GTA style games and so forth.

ruxtpin

Banned
same here! iit can't be done in less than 1:17. how the hell is this possibile?

Oh! I finally completed this. I watched a couple of YT videos. I found that it helps to nail the first 2 turns nigh perfectly. That's where I was losing my time.

I found braking earlier in several of the turns improved my time drastically and avoid drifting if at all possible everywhere except the last turn. Fast isn't always the fastest.

Yep. Nailed the first turn with a tap of the brakes. Second turn doesn't need brakes at all if I remember correctly. Third turn make sure you hit the apex, with minimal drift on exit. I gained my extra second in that first section.

Ok so Driveclub PS+ is coming when?

October cant pass without it or the crapstorm will hit Sonys doors steps.

They seem to think gamers will judge the game and not buy it, could happen but they could also get it for 49.99! Stop being scared Sony.

More like they don't want to release a free version of the game when their servers are still not sorted out yet. But of course you would think the worst case. Of course it's because they are scare, not.

iFootball

Yeah I played with lookatmego yesterday. Oddly enough, I've never see any notification that you were in my session. What's your PSN again?

May be I didn't notice because I was playing SP with my HUD and notifications off.

Yeah that could be it... I was just curious if MP sessions actually worked as I had imagined

I'm NullPointer on PSN

Hi 'NullPointer' on GAF! lol...

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah. Preordered the game, have had it since launch.

I have never been able to connect. I've tried nearly every night

At this point, I feel like I've paid for a demo. I honestly feel cheated at this point.

The way I see it, I paid for a sampler now, full game at the end of the year when weather is out and online is working.

Already shelved the game and will come back when weather is released and I figure servers will be working by then (also there will be more tracks, more cars by then).

It's definitely not a great situation, but hopefully it's a great(er) game in a couple of months.

Yeah. Preordered the game, have had it since launch.

I have never been able to connect. I've tried nearly every night

At this point, I feel like I've paid for a demo. I honestly feel cheated at this point.
Yeah... I came here to see if the servers were up and running, but i guess not.
I'm not playing the game then. Fun is sucked out of the game. This is ridiculous.
It's basicly ruined for good.

Back to Wolfenstein it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom